Author Topic: EP5: "We've Really Burned Bridges, for Sure"  (Read 84301 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP5: "We've Really Burned Bridges, for Sure"
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2007, 04:41:14 PM »
I put Azaria and Hendeka as coming in 5th for me
I hope you are wrong.....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #226 on: December 02, 2007, 05:31:56 PM »
Yeah, but isn't it speculation that the blondes are behind R/C? Peach, how do you KNOw that there was a F/F team in Dubrovnik?

Sorry North! That's what I get for posting quickly on the fly while working.

The F/F question is a bit tricky. As y'all know, we have different 4 sets of photos from Croatia, and NONE of them show a F/F team.

However, our own source said early on (when her memory of events was the freshest) that she thought there was a  F/F team and thought there may have been a blonde as well. It is important to remember that this is based on a quick look at the production sheet which showed the teams that had already gone past TK/Rachel--and it was the Goths and not the other teams that stuck in her memory. She also had the opportunity to see several teams later on--but all at a great distance and was unable to identify them individually. She and I have discussed this since then, and while she thinks there was a F/F team, she can't be 100% sure.  She always said too that there were 6 teams, with a possibility of a seventh since she was never in one place where she could see ALL the teams at the same time.  As we know now, she was correct on her original impression of SIX teams.

So the long answer is we DON'T know for sure. But she has been incredibly accurate about every single thing else she has told us--so I think it is reasonable to go with her initial recollection of what she saw and heard from hanging around production and TK/Rachel that day. And you know---even if she turns out to be wrong about this one thing, it will never lessen the incredible amount of information, descriptions, and photos she has shared with us. She literally spent not hours but days going over single detail with me of what she saw and heard and patiently answering my thousands of questions. She is solely responsible for our being able to share all the details of each Detour and the Roadblock with you all--right down to the exact locations and exact description of the tasks. So honestly--we all owe her our very best thanks for all she shared with us.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2007, 05:32:51 PM »
I'm more worried about third and fourth actually.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Tyler

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2007, 07:58:27 PM »
1. Rachel/TK
2. Kynt/Vysxin
3. Ron/Chris
4. Azaria/Hendekia
5. Nate/Jen
6. Nic/Don
7. Shana/Jen - Elim

TAR Top 6 FavoriteTeams -

Offline charla_n_mirna_fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • charla n mirna! <3
« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2007, 08:14:26 PM »
nathan n jen r a fake couple
scolding each other and then after completing
saying they love each other
cant believe it

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2007, 08:30:07 PM »
nathan n jen r a fake couple
scolding each other and then after completing
saying they love each other
cant believe it
Happens a lot.  To real couples.  In fact many of the married couples have done this one the race.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2007, 08:39:53 PM »
Yeah, but isn't it speculation that the blondes are behind R/C? Peach, how do you KNOw that there was a F/F team in Dubrovnik?

The F/F question is a bit tricky. As y'all know, we have different 4 sets of photos from Croatia, and NONE of them show a F/F team.

However, our own source said early on (when her memory of events was the freshest) that she thought there was a  F/F team and thought there may have been a blonde as well. It is important to remember that this is based on a quick look at the production sheet which showed the teams that had already gone past TK/Rachel--and it was the Goths and not the other teams that stuck in her memory. She also had the opportunity to see several teams later on--but all at a great distance and was unable to identify them individually. She and I have discussed this since then, and while she thinks there was a F/F team, she can't be 100% sure.  She always said too that there were 6 teams, with a possibility of a seventh since she was never in one place where she could see ALL the teams at the same time.  As we know now, she was correct on her original impression of SIX teams.

So the long answer is we DON'T know for sure. But she has been incredibly accurate about every single thing else she has told us--so I think it is reasonable to go with her initial recollection of what she saw and heard from hanging around production and TK/Rachel that day. And you know---even if she turns out to be wrong about this one thing, it will never lessen the incredible amount of information, descriptions, and photos she has shared with us. She literally spent not hours but days going over single detail with me of what she saw and heard and patiently answering my thousands of questions. She is solely responsible for our being able to share all the details of each Detour and the Roadblock with you all--right down to the exact locations and exact description of the tasks. So honestly--we all owe her our very best thanks for all she shared with us.

I think I'm gona drink in celebration that my record isn't over!  :cmas26 I kept up hope that Nate and Jen wuld pull through for me, and they did! But Peach, I absolutly agree with you. Youre sorce (Elian right?) has done so much for the Croatia spoiling. I'm greatfull for all she's done. The hours of recolection thatr she spent, it is easy to make a sdmall mistake. It actually kept it intresting tonight. I'm willing to bet she remembered seeing Jennifer's blonde hair, and just thought 2 LA blondes. Her credibility is not at all leseened by tonight. Thanks for getting back to me though, even though I just came down to see it afterwards  :cmas20

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2007, 08:40:01 PM »
My BF and I hate each other but yet we love each other -- makes no sense but it is what it is  :cmas27 he keeps saying we should get married, why ? " I Dunno?"

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2007, 08:42:34 PM »
peach can be the flower girl!
I want to be in the wedding puddin

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2007, 09:27:23 PM »
Flower girl! :lol3:  :faint:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2007, 09:31:38 PM »
My BF and I hate each other but yet we love each other -- makes no sense but it is what it is  :cmas27 he keeps saying we should get married, why ? " I Dunno?"

because he looooooooooooooves you :flirt: :snicker: :cmas50 :cmas26 :cmas20 :kisses :cmaslol :cmas22

btw michael can be the ring boy if peach is the flower girl

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2007, 09:39:05 PM »
 :uphere: :inocent:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #237 on: December 02, 2007, 09:42:28 PM »
Hey don't forget to give Chateau "KUDOS"  :nana :pickle: :wtg: :luvu: :hoot: :ya3: :roses: :yourock: :bow:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2007, 09:44:31 PM »

I think I'm gona drink in celebration that my record isn't over!  :cmas26 I kept up hope that Nate and Jen wuld pull through for me, and they did! But Peach, I absolutly agree with you. Youre sorce (Elian right?) has done so much for the Croatia spoiling. I'm greatfull for all she's done. The hours of recolection thatr she spent, it is easy to make a sdmall mistake. It actually kept it intresting tonight. I'm willing to bet she remembered seeing Jennifer's blonde hair, and just thought 2 LA blondes. Her credibility is not at all leseened by tonight. Thanks for getting back to me though, even though I just came down to see it afterwards  :cmas20

Nicely said north! KUDOS to Eilan as well!  :ya3: :yourock: :party: :gj: :ty3:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2007, 10:04:30 PM »
If this happens, I think you need a visitor from the New England area.  :cmas22 :cmas22
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: December 02, 2007, 11:32:07 PM »
OK, is Phil a  big fat liar, or is it just me.

Phil states that Azaria & Hendekea were the first to arrive (last Pit Stop) at 6:45pm, and of course are the first to leave on this episode at 6:45am.

With arrival times last week of (If Phil isn't lying) of 6:45pm to 7:56pm.  Not counting Lorena & Jason still.

But he has to be lying.  The sunset for the 18th of July 2007 is 6:36pm.  SO unless this was a long Pit Stop 30 plus hours (which we don't think (I hope).  Then this Pit Stop was less tehn 12 hours.  I would guess about 10.

Has that ever happened before?

Also for Pit Stop arrival this week the sunset for Vilnius is 9:42pm.  So I would guess (and Chateau can be more specific) that Nic & Donald got there between 9:20 and 9:35pm.

Yeah I know I have the wrong dates, but the time difference shouldn't be more then 10 minutes.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 10:24:16 AM by mswood »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #241 on: December 02, 2007, 11:50:02 PM »
This is the best I could do -- July 17th when Nic/Don were booking tickets in Ouaga

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #242 on: December 03, 2007, 11:46:05 AM »
Just guessing:  Teams finished at the Hôtel de Ville between 3 and 6 pm on the 15th of July.  So an ordinary 12-hour Pit Stop would release the teams between 3 and 6 am on the 16th of July.  But Phil says they get released between 6:45 and 7:56 am.  So I would call that a 14 hour Pit Stop.  Why?  Maybe wild animals would eat them in the darkness of 4 am just outside the gates of city hall.   :cmaslol

Teams  end up roaming around the city all day long until their 10:45 pm flight.  Seams like an unnecessary delay to me.   :cmas5
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: December 03, 2007, 01:31:42 PM »
Could be the city is not safe at night. Perhaps the producers took that into consideration. Or there could have been unspoken delays like Phil running out of bronzer.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #244 on: December 03, 2007, 02:11:38 PM »
Could be the city is not safe at night. Perhaps the producers took that into consideration. Or there could have been unspoken delays like Phil running out of bronzer.
:cmaslol And if The Penis Mightier works ...I'll order a dozen.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: December 03, 2007, 08:31:03 PM »
Episode recap is up right here.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #246 on: December 04, 2007, 06:01:32 PM »
This is the best I could do -- July 17th when Nic/Don were booking tickets in Ouaga

Chateau has pointed out to me elsewhere that the date of July 17th refers to the onging flights out of CDG--NOT to the originating flight in Ouagadougou.
So the teams still left on the 16th, travelled from CDG to Vilnius on the 17th, and arrived on the 17th. So the extended pitstop must have been in Lithuania not Ouagadougou.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #247 on: December 04, 2007, 06:34:42 PM »

Chateau has pointed out to me elsewhere that the date of July 17th refers to the onging flights out of CDG--NOT to the originating flight in Ouagadougou.
So the teams still left on the 16th, travelled from CDG to Vilnius on the 17th, and arrived on the 17th. So the extended pitstop must have been in Lithuania not Ouagadougou.
Yeah i figured that out already by the insider clips peachs  :cmas17

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #248 on: December 04, 2007, 06:40:37 PM »
but you forgot to tell me.... :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #249 on: December 04, 2007, 06:43:09 PM »

Chateau has pointed out to me elsewhere that the date of July 17th refers to the onging flights out of CDG--NOT to the originating flight in

Well its not my fault that you and Chateau have a secret place  :cmaslol