Author Topic: EP4: "Let's Name Our Chicken Phil"  (Read 79085 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP4: "Let's Name Our Chicken Phil"
« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2007, 06:04:53 PM »
LMAO peach no I didn't name it peach -- there was a coma error, the sentence should have been:

Maybe I shouldn't have named it, peach.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2007, 06:08:20 PM »
Aww well don't feel left out peach because I call my female cat, cutiepatootie, "sweety peachs" sometimes, shes calico and has peachy colors and is a sweetiepie :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2007, 06:35:48 PM »
LMAO peach no I didn't name it peach -- there was a coma error, the sentence should have been:

:groan:

Aww well don't feel left out peach because I call my female cat, cutiepatootie, "sweety peachs" sometimes, shes calico and has peachy colors and is a sweetiepie :hearts:

I'm a cutiepatootie sweetiepie too, right? ...............................................RIGHT????? :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2007, 06:39:03 PM »

:groan:

I'm a cutiepatootie sweetiepie too, right? ...............................................RIGHT????? :lol3:
Why yes, yes you are  :kissy:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #204 on: November 25, 2007, 06:41:20 PM »
O V E R T I M E!!!!!!!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #205 on: November 25, 2007, 06:54:32 PM »
GAME OVER - BEARS WIN :jumpy:

ESTIMATED START TIME FOR TAR NOW IS  8:55              EVERYWHERE EXCEPT ON THE WEST COAST.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #206 on: November 25, 2007, 06:54:52 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #207 on: November 25, 2007, 07:21:58 PM »
OR maybe they have to carry it all the way to the pitstop ALIVE while navigating through Burkina, the roadblock etc and present it to Phil and or the greeter :lol3:
:angel:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: November 25, 2007, 07:31:46 PM »

So you were in a coma?  :lol:  :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #209 on: November 25, 2007, 07:36:02 PM »
 :lol3: :rotf: :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #210 on: November 25, 2007, 07:37:16 PM »

So you were in a coma?  :lol:  :lol:
:lol:

Offline jasmine88

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #211 on: November 25, 2007, 08:12:18 PM »
Bye Bye Lorena & Jason

lol Shana & Jennifer used the new twist

Nat n Jen nearly 1st   (:;) (:;) :pull
TAR Favourites Top 10

John Vito/Jill,Jaime/Cara,Charla/Mirna,Meghan/Cheyne,Nat/Kat,Steve /Allie,Jet/Cord,Nate/Jen,Dustin/Kandice,Jill/Thomas

Survivor Top 10

Parvati,Amanda,Courtney,Chase,J.T,Brett,Cirie,Sandra,Danielle,Yul

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2007, 09:09:56 PM »
OR maybe they have to carry it all the way to the pitstop ALIVE while navigating through Burkina, the roadblock etc and present it to Phil and or the greeter :lol3:
:angel:

Methinks Puddin was crowing... :congrats:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #213 on: November 25, 2007, 09:15:24 PM »
haha just glad I don't have to eat snot!  :lol:! Good try though peach and TL  :kissy:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #214 on: November 25, 2007, 09:29:38 PM »
Glad for the chickie--but poor croc missed out on a feast!:lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #215 on: November 26, 2007, 10:42:41 AM »
note that CBS properties on this episodes pictures are 07/15/2007 and they have been right on.

from EP3 ~07/14/2007
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:46:27 AM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #216 on: November 26, 2007, 10:59:46 AM »
That's right--tasks on 7/15--then PITSTOP--so leave on 7/16--remember apskip says only one flight out to CDG and it is evening so arr Vilnius on 7/17.

Technically it would then seem feasible to squeeze in Florence on the 18th but I thought apskip said somewhere the flights can't work that way? Off to look...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #217 on: November 26, 2007, 11:07:01 AM »
I have had some PM dialogue with Peach on the subject of whether a Africa to  Vilnius to Florence to Dubrovnik routing or Africa to Florence to Vilnius to Dubrovnik routing can make sense. The answer to both questions is NO. Here's why for the first question. The same logic was worked out for the second case and it proved even less close on timing:

1. AF735 arrives CDG 610am July 17
2. First reasonable connection is at 800am on AF1340 to AMS, connecting there with TE461 to VNO arriving at 1325.
3. Teams then have all of afternoon and evening of July 17 in Vilnius to complete tasks.
4. Earliest possible departure would be at maybe 730am on July 18 to Florence. TE470 departs VNO 0735 to CDG, connecting to AF5036 arriving FLR 1405.
5. Teams have the rest of the afternoon and evening to do tasks in Florence. It doesn't  matter whether it is a TBC or pitstop. They are not going to DBV until tasks are done. There is no way that the first group can arrive at 1405 and depart at 1725 even though with a TBC the second or third groups could indeed make it. The precise times are as shown in my master TIMELINE post. NOTE: the reason the first group has to depart by 1725 is that is the latest time they can connect through Milan and Zagreb arriving at 1030 on July 19, which corresponds well with actual observation of when they got to town

I have to conclude that there can be no Africa to Vilnius to Florence routing because there just isn't sufficient time. That means there will be an extended pit stop somewhere, I would guess Florence rather than Burkina Faso. I would also guess that the separation of teams has to occur somewhere and it won't be coming out of Africa with only one flight each 24 hours. The tasks in Florence have to involve major opportunities to get ahead and behind, like FAST FORWARD and UTURN and SPEED BUMP.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: November 26, 2007, 02:56:27 PM »
I am curious what the hell type of Pit Stop they took between episodes 3 and 4.  It can't be a 12 hour Pit Stop.  It can't be a 24 hour Pit Stop.

Do they ever take Pit Stops at like 16 or 18 hours of length?

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: November 26, 2007, 03:04:59 PM »
note that CBS properties on this episodes pictures are 07/15/2007 and they have been right on.

from EP3 ~07/14/2007

Puddin (and Peach).   I disagree on the dates for at least the 3rd leg in Bingo.  Teams fly to Burkina Faso on the 12th and arrive on the 12th.  The next morning of the 13th is when they arrive in Bingo and start those tasks.

I would then assume (though we don't have a standard Pit Stop), that they do leg four on the 14th.

If I am right that would give you an extra day to get to Florence, eventually. 

Unless I don't know what the hell I am talking about.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #220 on: November 26, 2007, 03:14:40 PM »
According to our missionaries, that flight was for sure On FRI July 13th...

dance the night away--tasks 14th--1st pitstop --tasks 15th --2nd pitstop---dep for Lithuania eve of the 16th because that is the ONLY flight.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline hound 109

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #221 on: November 26, 2007, 03:30:07 PM »
I am curious what the hell type of Pit Stop they took between episodes 3 and 4.  It can't be a 12 hour Pit Stop.  It can't be a 24 hour Pit Stop.

Do they ever take Pit Stops at like 16 or 18 hours of length?

Looks like a 18 - 20 hour pit stop.

I remember this happening in previous seasons.  Makes sense since I'm sure they wanted all tasks to be completed before nightfall.  Also it ensures all teams will be on the ONE flight out of Burkina the next day.

hound <-----loves the chickens & goats, but wishes a charter to Timbuktu could have been squeezed in.   :plane: :ele:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: November 26, 2007, 03:41:12 PM »
Another random question.  When is the last time an episode hasn't had any built in equilizers (whether they worked or not)? 

I honestly don't have a clue.

There were several legs in season 9 that people complained about lack of equilizers.  But in those legs they did have equilizers but due to things like computer failure in Russia and driver error the next leg, the teams weren't fully equilized.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: November 26, 2007, 11:49:29 PM »
My recaps are taking longer and longer. Here's the latest one at my blog.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #224 on: November 28, 2007, 01:51:33 PM »
thought I'd post this here~

Reality Show Meets Reality in Burkina Faso during The Amazing Race

The people of Burkina Faso are known for their friendliness. So it is no wonder that they would stand by politely and hand-out clues to Americans in the "reality" The Amazing Race. In one of the poorest countries in the world, where the average annual income per person is less than a racer's ticket from Amsterdam to Ouagadaugau, the most amazing thing about this show is the irony of the contrast between the racers and their surroundings. World in Need, Inc., is launching their new web site this week featuring thousands of children throughout the world and hundreds from Burkina Faso - looking for an opportunity to improve their lives, not just for a few days but permanently!"

Ft. Lauderdale, FL (PRWEB) November 28, 2007 -- The people of Burkina Faso are a proud, yet kind people - descendants of a warrior empire that lasted over 800 years. They are also known for their optimism amidst adversity, friendliness and hospitality. So it is no wonder that they would stand by politely and hand-out clues to Americans in a 'reality' TV show called The Amazing Race. In one of the poorest countries in the world, where the average annual income per person is less than a racer's ticket from the previous episode in Amsterdam to Ouagadaugau, the capital of Burkina Faso, the most amazing thing about this show is the irony of the contrast between the racers and their surroundings.

In Episode 3 last week, a girl is having a hard time milking a camel and is clearly distraught. The poor, hobbled camel is also having a hard time as she pokes, prods and grabs its sensitive nipples to get that elusive milk. In other scenes, race participants are struggling to drink the camel's milk! The irony is that 40,000 people in Burkina Faso are still struggling to find food after floods destroyed their crops just a few short months ago. That milk could have fed several children. World in Need, through their new website, is helping the hungry children in Burkina Faso , providing food, clothing, medical supplies and other assistance through local community organizations.

Later in the show, the participants must learn some of the native language at a local schoolhouse. It's all very exciting and challenging, until you notice that this schoolhouse is really just a broken down shanty. Water is leaking from what looks like a rusty metal roof that is falling down (in the top middle of this photo). The dirt floor is covered with a pool of water. The desks the racers and school children are sitting at are just slabs of rough-hewn boards. World in Need works with local communities to provide school supplies where needed...and when needed they even help build the schools.

The Amazing Race can be just the beginning of a new beginning for Burkina Faso   
In last Sunday's episode, the teams seemed to take a little more notice of their surroundings. One team, Kynt and Vyxsin, seemed to make the connection more than the others. You have to give the show credit for including this scene at the end of the show. The young "goths" mentioned how everyone made them feel welcome and then, with tears in her eyes, Vyxsin said, "It's heartbreaking to see such wonderful people having to live with so little."

In this impoverished country, The Amazing Race was ultimately a bright, if not too brief, ray of sunshine. The local people at least enjoyed a little extra income and probably quite a bit of entertainment as well. But no doubt the entertainment value of the show has long since worn off, and the money that the film crew brought with them didn't last very long. The problems in Burkina Faso won't go away in just a week. They're systemic, and need long-term commitment for a real solution.

World in Need, Inc., a 501(c)(3) organization, has been working with local community leaders in Burkina Faso to do just that. According to Warren Goff, Director of World in Need, their new web site being launched this week (http://www.winkids.org) features thousands of children throughout the world - over 300 from poor families and orphanages in Burkina Faso - looking for an opportunity to improve their lives, not just for a few days but permanently! "The Amazing Race can be just the beginning of a new beginning for Burkina Faso," said Warren. "With everyone's help, we can continue what the race just started." When that happens, the real winners of The Amazing Race will be the children and families of Burkina Faso.

World in Need is a trademark of World in Need, Inc., a 501(c)(3) organization. "The Amazing Race" is a registered trademark of Disney Enterprises, Inc., and/or CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

###

Trackback URL: http://www.prweb.com/pingpr.php/SG9yci1JbnNlLVpldGEtSG9yci1UaGlyLVplcm8=