Author Topic: EP4: "Let's Name Our Chicken Phil"  (Read 79095 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP4: "Let's Name Our Chicken Phil"
« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2007, 02:42:50 PM »
If CBS has 9 year olds cutting off a chicken's head on Kid Nation--I say the crocodiles could get a tasty TAR treat! :yum:

Somehow I don't think it is a humanitarian chicken delivery to improve the egg consumption  of the locals! :lol:

Besides--it is all I can find to do with a chicken nearby! :lol3: :rotf: :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2007, 02:50:26 PM »
If a chicken dies at the hands of a racer I'll ban myself! *I think I can do that?*  :umn: If not then I'll ban someone else  :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2007, 03:00:51 PM »
NO BANNINGS ALLOWED!!   :o :'( :o :hides

Just loser buys Chick-Fil-A for all! :happy:

But *ahem* I don't exactly see a lot of other ideas here from all you chickens! :lol: 
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2007, 03:10:19 PM »
I dunno, we don't know how the U-Turn works? Maybe whoever does the Roadblock has an extra task of delievering a chicken among other stuff?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2007, 03:14:15 PM »
OR maybe they have to carry it all the way to the pitstop ALIVE while navigating through Burkina, the roadblock etc and present it to Phil and or the greeter :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2007, 03:34:19 PM »
I like that idea--I'd like to see Phil holding chickens! :luvu:

Okay--Speedbump==something to slow you down...Have we ever had teams receive a 10 minute penalty during a task before?? They have had to repeat it for doing it wrong, had to go to the back of the line...but a penalty??

U Turn I always thought was going to be do BOTH Detours....but here we see L/J doing something else entirely...

Which do we think the racers dole out? Does the U-turn take the place of the yield??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2007, 04:05:11 PM »
I thought the yield is not to be anymore, the new twists U-Turn Speed Bump takes its place.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2007, 04:22:52 PM »
Well that's what we all THINK anyway... but we haven't heard the rules for sure right?

If we hadn't heard the LA Blondes/Jason comments I would think this whole chicken thing was a fast forward!

But if U-Turn is turn around go back and do the detour again or do both detours--then this isn't a U-turn.

Speedbump--if this is speedbump then it means do another different task...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2007, 04:26:18 PM »
Question of the day: if you were Jason and y'all were in last place--would you let Lorena do the Roadblock even if it was "shopping"??

And who do you think does the roadblock for :

Ron/Christina
Don/Nicholas

And what are TK/Rachel more likely to do: Dance or DIG?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #184 on: November 25, 2007, 04:36:38 PM »
TK & Rachel I'd say dance.
Question:
Is peach trying to get answers for her Amazing Race games?  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #185 on: November 25, 2007, 04:50:17 PM »
You betcha!

Since SOMEONE on this forum screwed me royally last week with the TBC (no names or anything! :lol: )-- I think it is the least y'all can do for me!! :lol3:

So--anything new in preview land??  :angel:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #186 on: November 25, 2007, 05:11:35 PM »
Well its Ron's turn to do the Roadblock, if they are taking turns that is but who knows? Like I thought it would be Kynts turn but we see Vyxsin doing the RB.

And hey I resent that remark :lol:! Like I was the only one who thought TBC last week! I mean really who started that and who fell into the trap  :snakes: 8) :naughtyd: . Would you like me to go back and bring it over?  :snicker: BRB!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #187 on: November 25, 2007, 05:25:15 PM »
Heh heh... I'm totally innocent...  :meow:  so I'm safe!  :angel:

I found this from Google's cache:  http://www.lefaso.net/article.php3?id_article=3196

In the tourist landscape of BURKINA FASO, one finds a quite curious site: the pond with the crowned crocodiles of Sabou. Sabou is a village, place chief of department located at 80 km in the south of capital OUAGADOUGOU, on axis OUAGA-BOBO in the province of Boulkiemdé. In the pond that this city shelters, live naturally dangerous but curiously inoffensive sauriens even flexible. The visitors who go to Sabou can see them on the bank or with the assistance of young people who make their business of them. Thanks to a chicken, they attract the crocodiles on the shore. One can then devote oneself to meetings of catch of sights with the possibility of going up on them if it is wished. The operation at most costs two thousand franks CFA (2000 CFA) to the visitors. The pond with the crocodiles of Sabou is very appraisal of the tourists who arrive at Burkina Faso. The famous musician jamaïcain JIMMY CLIFF even turned there of the sequences of his film "Bongo man". It would be tiresome to quote the names of the celebrities who came ressourcer or to change the ideas near these famous crocodiles. But how these crocodiles did arrive in these places?

Translated with BabelFish so it probably is a little off.

Dans le paysage touristique du BURKINA FASO, on trouve un bien curieux site : la mare aux crocodiles sacrés de Sabou. Sabou est un village , chef lieu de département situé à 80 km au sud de la capitale OUAGADOUGOU, sur l’axe OUAGA-BOBO dans la province du Boulkiemdé.

Dans la mare que cette cité abrite, vivent des sauriens naturellement dangereux mais curieusement inoffensifs voire dociles. Les visiteurs qui se rendent à Sabou peuvent les voir sur la berge ou avec l’aide de jeunes qui en font leur business. Grâce à un poulet , ils attirent les crocodiles sur le rivage . L’ on peut alors s’adonner à des séances de prise de vues avec la possibilité de monter sur eux si on le souhaite.

L’opération coûte tout au plus deux mille francs CFA (2000 CFA) aux visiteurs . La mare aux crocodiles de Sabou est très prisée des touristes qui arrivent au Burkina Faso . Le célèbre musicien jamaïcain JIMMY CLIFF y a même tourné des séquences de son film « Bongo man » . Il serait fastidieux de citer les noms des célébrités qui sont venues se ressourcer ou se changer les idées auprès de ces célèbres crocodiles . Mais comment ces crocodiles sont-ils arrivés en ces lieux ?

This would be about 50 miles from Ouagadougou I believe.

Thinking about it, a speed bump would be a slow down. You can't speed over one or trouble follows. A U-Turn for me would be either I missed a location or I have to turn back to get to a location.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline lovesongirl47

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #188 on: November 25, 2007, 05:29:26 PM »
i really like shana and jennifer but i still dont know if they have a chance does anyone think they do????????????????????????? :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #189 on: November 25, 2007, 05:36:49 PM »
When I was in Florida I watched the crocs being fed at gatorland or whatever the heck it was called but I'm pretty sure the meat that was fed to them was not alive :groan:? If I see a chicken eaten alive I'll cry :'(  ! Yes! I eat chicken but its not pretty when I buy it, just kind of naked and looks better when prepared :lol:. I cry for roadkill, I cried for the bunny that my cat was about to kill  *I rescued it!*. I'll cry tomorrow because its the first day hunting season and will wonder if that dead deer tied to someones car roof was one that I've been feeding the past year   :'(

rant off! :carryon:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2007, 05:38:40 PM »
i really like shana and jennifer but i still dont know if they have a chance does anyone think they do????????????????????????? :tup:
A chance at??  welcome to the forum lovesongirl47 :yaya:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2007, 05:40:06 PM »
Don't we have a sighting of a F/F team in Croatia?  Or did our local spy confuse the Goths with a all-female team?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #192 on: November 25, 2007, 05:40:19 PM »
:welcome2: Glad you are here!

But to answer your question--as far as we know, they are okay this week! :tup:

I cry too--heck--I cry at commercials!  :'( And I'm rooting for the squirrels in that one commercial? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #193 on: November 25, 2007, 05:41:40 PM »
If you are on the way to behead the chicken or feed it to a croc or catfish would you name it Phil?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #194 on: November 25, 2007, 05:45:15 PM »
If you are on the way to behead the chicken or feed it to a croc or catfish would you name it Phil?
NO Gman I'd be crying, lol. And to answer your other question our witness saw a check in sheet at the Detour while TK/Rachel were doing the Detour and the Goths were already checked off as in already been there done that with the blondes being not the same as the Goths but blonde and female, lol.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #195 on: November 25, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »
One more time!!

There is NO photographic evidence of a F/F team in Dubrovnik.

Our source DOES believe that she saw a F/F blonde team there (but remember she was at some points watching from a great distance so it could be hard to be sure.)

The F/F team (if seen) was definitely NOT confused with Kynt/Vyxsin as she saw the production sheet that had already checked the Goths through.

Okay?  :carryon:

My motto? Never name anything you might eat--or see eaten!! :o  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 25, 2007, 05:51:21 PM »
I have a cat and some people could eat cats....does that mean I shouldn't have named it peach?!

URGH I have a bad feeling about my choices this week....

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #197 on: November 25, 2007, 05:55:37 PM »

Welcome to RFF lovesongirl! I am beginning to like them more as I watch them progress. They all have (or had) a chance.

About that chicken, wouldn't it be a big diversion to have to travel 50 miles to feed the croc? I'm thinking they have to catch one. It might be as amusing as watching Lorena try to milk the camel.  :snicker:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #198 on: November 25, 2007, 05:56:40 PM »
You named your kitty peach?? :luvu:

Picture please! awwww.....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #199 on: November 25, 2007, 06:00:20 PM »
You named your kitty peach?? :luvu:

Picture please! awwww.....
I could say something but I'm not going there  :lol: No WAY!!  :naughty: