Author Topic: Insider Vids for Week 11 now complete page12  (Read 110611 times)

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Insider Vids for Week 6 Now Complete Page6
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2007, 07:20:03 PM »
You really can't leave your bags anywhere in an airport.

aren't they meant to be with you at all times....

I say its tough luck when they stepped out of line they lost their position in said line.

and for once Ari wasn't irritating at the elimination station

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #151 on: December 11, 2007, 07:35:13 PM »
Can anybody give me any advice please? I have been trying since last night to see the mat chats/webclips.  I can see the Phil diary and elim station fine (and I tested some ep 4 webclips and I can see them too).

But when I try to play a webclip--I see the commercial but then only a black screen. Nothing...

Is it me or is there trouble for every one?

And interestingly, I used to watch the clips with realplayer--but under player settings both Windows media and realplayer have disappeared and only flash player (installed) is there now--and I can't seem to choose something different. (real player working fine for something else though)

ANY help greatly appreciated as I am beyond frustrated with trying! And "talking to Chuck" hasn't helped! :cmaslol
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2007, 07:43:54 PM »
Clear your cache in tools, namely the temp files and be sure to close the windows and start fresh and for Gods Sakes peach, don't have 18 pages running at the same time because I know you  :cmaslol
test your shockwave
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 08:08:35 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2007, 08:11:03 PM »
oops better link peachs and yes the videos work for me..
http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2007, 08:19:42 PM »
sorry Peach, they are fine for me on a MAC

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2007, 09:32:43 PM »
And sometimes, it's best to use Internet Explorer over Firefox in that case. I like using Firefox as a browser, but IE sometimes is best for flash video on CBS.com.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2007, 09:48:08 PM »
I'm using IE. I closed out everything. I cleared my cookies.

I can see EP 5 fine, the Interviews fine, a full episode of something else fine. I can see Phil's diary fine.

But nothing but the commercial shows for all the EP 6 mat chats and web clips.

The macro check thing from puddin show I have adobe flash installed. (not the most recent but still...)

Why can I see 5 but not 6??

Going insane here...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2007, 09:59:15 PM »
Well go update flash peachs  :cmas26

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2007, 10:06:43 PM »
That should do it.  :cmas20 :cmas20 :cmas20
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #159 on: December 11, 2007, 10:53:47 PM »
Nope.

Updated to Adobe 9.

Still can see EP 5 just fine.

Still commercials only for Ep 6--then a black screen.

Why can I see Phil's diaries and last week's webclips and not this week? What's different? :pull :pull

I'm going to cry soon....

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #160 on: December 11, 2007, 10:57:54 PM »
 :cmas13 wish I could help  :cmas5 myheadhurts.com?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #161 on: December 11, 2007, 11:04:44 PM »
 :crybabe:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2007, 12:31:51 AM »
:crybabe:

:bigbaby: Did you reboot after installing the flash?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #163 on: December 12, 2007, 01:00:08 AM »
yep. Cleared cookies. Cleared files. Updated Adobe. Updated Microsoft. Rebooted multiple times.

The one Nate/Jen webclip suddenly decided to let me watch (!!) so I don't understand what is wrong. The others--nothing still after trying for hours.

Thanks for trying y'all...this is beyond me and I can't imagine what is different from last week or the one Nate/Jen one I can see.

It did used to let me choose RealPlayer as a player option but that seems to have disappeared--does that matter? RP is working for other things...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #164 on: December 12, 2007, 01:08:44 AM »
Did you try not using the links above? rather scroll through them one at a time  :cmas5

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2007, 01:15:11 AM »
I tried the links, the CBS link via TAR--the CBS main site...

I dunno!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2007, 03:41:32 PM »
Got me stumped.
Just here to visit.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2007, 04:28:51 PM »
Peach - what version of IE is it?

you haven't got your machine to install any Microsoft updates automatically have you?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2007, 05:11:22 PM »
No--it is IE6--I refuse to do 7 because it messed up something--funny now I can't remember what but I know it was bad. And no new updates or programs or anything since last week--I make it tell me first so I can block IE 7. Well--I did some last night but I already couldn't see at that point.

What puzzles me is why can I see week 4 and 5 fine--but not 6?  I am very sad...

And why is Realplayer gone as an option to use under player settings? RP works really well for me...

Now I DID install ad-aware as a spyware catcher but that was maybe 2-3 weeks ago? And I didn't have trouble with last week....  ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2007, 06:25:58 PM »
You block IE7?  :groan: I have it and love it .. how can you get microsoft updates without it?
and I agree, I use to love the realplayer or windows media option but I suppose with the new flash its harder to copy/record  :knuckles:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: December 12, 2007, 09:33:31 PM »
You need IE7 now.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2007, 09:50:57 PM »
I just had a chance to get through all the Webclips. Two about Azaria and Hendekea tell a powerful tale that quite undercuts the "Business class" as the "Two Little Worlds" that explain why they were eliminated.  Not even close, Azaria, as you started the rowing task with an opportunity to catch up. Why didn't you, fit athlete that you are, make huge gains on little old Donald?

The answer, my friends, is not blowing in the wind. It is found in "Two Brainiacs on a Boat", the pathetic tale of Azaria the genius who could not figure out for a half hour that there was a rock anchor weighing down his rowboat and making it go slow. Once he discovered this, he reeled it in and off they flew with his limited oarsmanship. However, by then the lead Donald and Nic had was just enough to beat Azaria and Hendekea to the taxi to the pitstop.

Conclusion: Azaria screwed himself by not recognizing the anchor's existence. This was the main reason his team was eliminated, as they had almost made up the "business class fiasco" time gap.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 12, 2007, 10:04:49 PM »
Apskip I think the point is that they would 100% not have been eliminated had they bought the correct tickets.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: December 13, 2007, 02:21:30 AM »
Michael, you have obviously missed the point so now you are going to have to suffer through one of my diatribes. Winning football teams have all sorts of bad things(injuries, penalties, fumbles, interceptions) happen to them, but they find a way to win. The key is that they seldom in the red zone let it get to fourth down so they have to kick the field goal. They get first downs or score touchdowns on first, second or third downs in the red zone and avoid that issue.

Now, Azaria and Hendekea did get a terriblly bad break with the ticketing fiasco. However, when they reached the rowboat in Dubrovnik harbor they still had a good chance of winning 5th place and survival. They failed to do that because Azaria did not notice something fundamental with respect to boats, an anchor. Is that his fault? You bet, and it cost him the race. His baloney excuses in "Two Little Words" indicated his refusal to accept responsibility for his own failure. He found it much more convenient to try to deflect it onto someone else, who admittedly screwed up but did not eliminate his team. Azaria eliminated his team!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: December 13, 2007, 02:14:19 PM »
Yeah, but how much of their ticketing fiasco was there own fault.  They wasted a tremednous amount of time looking for the earliest possible flight instead of staying put and sticking with "what at the time" was considered a very solid arrival time.  One that would have them traveling with others including a team that they had to believe they would be able to beat during tasks ( :cmaslol ).

From the clips and the episode it is clear that Jenn & Nathan just barely made that flight.  We also know that the flight did sell out of coach seats.

What we don't know is if the error was caught early if they still had coach seats available (its possible that they didn't).  Or if they didn't if they had enough time to try and book anotehr flight that would have gotten them there any earlier.