Author Topic: EP2: 'I’ve Become the Archie Bunker of the Home'  (Read 74877 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP2: 'I’ve Become the Archie Bunker of the Home'
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2007, 11:41:46 PM »
Chateau :bow: :crown

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2007, 11:47:40 PM »
Aww, thanks guys.   :-[

It was fun.  But I will have to put off doing that Dubrovnik Roadblock to another weekend.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: November 11, 2007, 11:51:03 PM »
Map, panorama, etc. of the Milkmaids bridge here. I don't have the video yet, but it shouldn't be hard to spot the hoist-house.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: November 11, 2007, 11:57:59 PM »
Sings *Watching the Detectives* :jam: :jam: :jam:
Just here to visit.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #204 on: November 12, 2007, 01:43:44 PM »
Some interesting jumping around in Amsterdam.  The 5 teams taking part in "Hunt It" actually had to peddle the five miles from the bike parking garage to Buiksloermeer plein; using the ferry across the Het IJ I assume (too bad we had no nice visuals added).  Meanwhile the five teams taking part in "Lift It" had to reach the same location but we have no idea how they got there.  Looks like Kynt and Vyxsin got lost on the way.  I would image taxi, but then the first three cabs all go to a different place than the bikers arrive at.  Oh, well, they all eventually got to the same place in Ransdorp.

And the area where Kynt and Vyxsin are shown running to catch the same bus as the first three teams, is entirely different from either the area for the first bus and for the second bus.

Now if you look closely the first teams at the bus stop - Jason/Lorena; Nathan/Jennifer; Shana/Jennifer were at a different bus stop than we see the others at.  The background is entirely different in the former from the latter.  Also notice that the first bus was no. 015, the second bus was no. 011 and the third bus was 015 again.  But when they show the door closing, all the doors are for a bus no. 453.  So much for accuracy in editing.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 02:46:59 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2007, 03:51:01 PM »
I think we see a future confessional of Rachel and TK when they leave the pitstop

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2007, 04:05:42 PM »
...looks like Ireland to me Michael.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: November 12, 2007, 08:11:19 PM »
A date stamp fwiw. While Chicago and the Hsus were working out the standby, there was a few frames of someone typing out info for EI606 11 July.  Petr was the cameraman.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #208 on: November 12, 2007, 08:31:18 PM »
Hah Petr! Good catch Slowhatch!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #209 on: November 12, 2007, 08:38:06 PM »
 :yess:  Nice one!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: November 13, 2007, 12:15:43 AM »
I don't have an archived timetable, so this will have to do. The preachers narrowly missed the last regular #30 bus and had to catch the Stadsmobiel, a para-van that serves as the nighttime bus for lines 30 and 31. So they finally left for Ransdorp between 7-8 p.m. Sunset for 11 July was 9:59 p.m.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #211 on: November 13, 2007, 10:24:28 PM »
A date stamp fwiw. While Chicago and the Hsus were working out the standby, there was a few frames of someone typing out info for EI606 11 July.  Petr was the cameraman.

I liked the way they seemed to say that only 12 seats were left on the DUB-AMS flight enough for only 6 teams.  What about the two crew members per team??  The producers very carefully put words in people's mouths to let you think that the camera crews never exist.  Pictures just show up by magic.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2007, 07:40:46 AM »
All the airline personnel are carefully coached in advance to make sure they know how to translate the real number of seats available into the Amazing Race TV number of seats available, which is not more than half the previous number. Once the cameras are rolling and flight times are critical, there is not time for a retake so they have to to get it "right" the first time.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2007, 09:10:38 AM »
Maybe Tammy can help us here...but I am pretty sure that racers have said in the past that they were asked to use the two tickets phrase and then the cameras would stop and they would clarify the need for extra tickets, and I think racers have talked about also shooting retakes. I think we even once or twice thru the years heard more tickets being asked for?

They sure go to great lengths to maintain that illusion of no cameras though!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #214 on: November 14, 2007, 10:21:10 AM »
Maybe Tammy can help us here...but I am pretty sure that racers have said in the past that they were asked to use the two tickets phrase and then the cameras would stop and they would clarify the need for extra tickets, and I think racers have talked about also shooting retakes. I think we even once or twice thru the years heard more tickets being asked for?

You're right, and I think that we have even seen teams hand over four passports when buying tickets!

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: November 14, 2007, 01:46:53 PM »

You're right, and I think that we have even seen teams hand over four passports when buying tickets!

One cameraman and one sound person could cover one plane.  The producers could have a camera crew stationed at the arrival airport.  On second thought, this is risky if a team deviates from the expected.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2007, 03:42:40 PM »
As I recall from something I read one time, a camera team (2 persons) sticks with one team throughout one leg.  The teams are switched around after each leg so that no team gets too chummy with the production crew.

And at every stop along the way during the leg the producers have local crews standing by to film a lot of the action not covered by the travelling crews.  Phil also has his own crew that travels with him along with all the production suits who hang around.