Author Topic: EP2: 'I’ve Become the Archie Bunker of the Home'  (Read 74889 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP2: 'I’ve Become the Archie Bunker of the Home'
« on: October 27, 2007, 11:08:33 PM »
 'I’ve Become the Archie Bunker of the Home'

LOL Donald?

Amsterdam, Netherlands July 11th
Two blogs mention seeing Amazing Race teams.
First blog:
*We just got done with a walking tour of Amsterdam. Unfortunately it was not as good as the Berlin tour but it was still very interesting. We think we saw some participants from the Amazing Race running through town with a cameraman and sound guy following close behind.
Next Blog:
*I saw to 3 pairs that were competing in my reality favorite show “the amazing race”
Boingo -- evidence for Amsterdam from the intro flash thread!! Dutch Rail Netherlands

tvguide~
*A pole-vaulting challenge in the Netherlands. Phil Keoghan is the host.

Webclues~Sunday, November 11, 9pm et/pt
Next Episode
*One Racer strips down to mud-filled briefs during a pole-vaulting Roadblock, giving the Netherlands a first-hand view of a muddy American potbelly.
*Meanwhile another Racer finally stands up to her Teammate forcing them to realize there are problems in their relationship that need to be fixed.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 01:45:14 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP2: 'I’ve Become the Archie Bunker of the Home'
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 11:08:53 PM »
Larger screencaps through out this thread or my photobucket .

Teams leave Ireland for the Netherlands!

:bar:
Rails
Boingo: The girls appear to be running past a train which may be "Sprinter" livery (railway stock).

Where the Goth are we?
Colby: I believe that pic with the Goth's running is towards this area  Church of St.Nicolas is on the Prins Hendrikkade.

DETOURS

Hoist
Team Goth

Jen & Nathan

Find the right bike amongst 1000's?
 peach: Bikes  behind Central Station

Azaria/Hendekea

Kate & Pat

Christina & Ron

Slowhatch:At Werengouw, take the bus to Durgerdam/Ransdrop 
get a clue
Ron & Christina
Sisters wait for the bus with Christina & Ron and pray the Ministers don't make it.
* Meanwhile another Racer finally stands up to her Teammate forcing them to realize there are problems in their relationship that need to be fixed.
Christina & Ron argue "vacillate --where did we lose time?"

Roadblock
*SEVERAL TEAMS TAKE A MUD BATH WHEN FACED WITH AN ACROBATIC ROADBLOCK IN HOLLAND,
*One Racer strips down to mud-filled briefs during a pole-vaulting Roadblock, giving the Netherlands a first-hand view of a muddy American potbelly.
*Racers struggle to complete a challenging Roadblock that requires Teams to pole-vault a stream in order to receive their next clue

Teams must ride a Bakfiet to the pitstop
peach: Durgerdam-- Ransdorp Church-- Roadblock
Pitstop --Jachthaven Durgerdam
Chateau
  Jason=RB/Lorena with Shana in the background doing the RB.

Jen= RB/ Nathan

Shana=RB/Jennifer

Rachel= RB/TK

Hendeka=RB/Azaria

Kynt=RB/Vyxsin

Don has a hard time "no comment" , but we know he & Nic are safe.

here comes the sisters!

Ron & Christina, we know they are safe

No sign of Pat & Kate == we predict they are toast!!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 08:09:18 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 12:00:01 AM »
The Dutch also invented the sport of pole vaulting. The original Dutch version, though, is very different from the familiar Olympic one. A tall pole is stood upright in the middle of a canal. The competitor then runs up to the canalside, jumps on the pole, shimmies as quickly as possible to the top and hurls himself forward as the pole falls towards the other side of the canal. The person who reaches the furthest distance from the bank wins.
(source) Also called Fierljeppen.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 12:07:03 AM »
The Dutch also invented the sport of pole vaulting. The original Dutch version, though, is very different from the familiar Olympic one. A tall pole is stood upright in the middle of a canal. The competitor then runs up to the canalside, jumps on the pole, shimmies as quickly as possible to the top and hurls himself forward as the pole falls towards the other side of the canal. The person who reaches the furthest distance from the bank wins.
(source) Also called Fierljeppen.
Your so awesome Slowhatch!!  :jumpy:

« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 03:53:24 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 12:14:03 AM »
because I can and there are plenty more at youtube:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 08:08:55 AM »
That house gable pointed roof is an unusual form for a Dutch windmill so we may be able to find that by a regional style?

And I JUST cancelled my trip there scheduled for in two weeks ---or I could be tilting at windmills too! :lol:

Boingo  makes me laugh! :lol: :kissy:

The Dutch province we may be looking for is Friesland, in northern Holland.  Below is an excerpt from wikipedia. (Moderators: Please delete the quote if I violated copy/pasting rules)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friesland

"Another Frisian practice is fierljeppen, a sport with some similarities to pole vaulting. A jump consists of an intense sprint to the pole (polsstok), jumping and grabbing it, then climbing to the top while trying to control the pole's forward and lateral movements over a body of water and finishing with a graceful landing on a sand bed opposite to the starting point. Because of all the diverse skills required in fierljeppen, fierljeppers are considered to be very complete athletes with superbly developed strength and coordination. Another interesting feature are the many windmills. There are 195 windmills in the province of Friesland, from a total of about 1200 in the entire country."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 08:13:55 AM »
good tip gator! Guess we'll start the search in Friesland! :lol:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 03:42:49 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 03:48:23 PM »

In a PinP which isn't very clear, Jennifer in her green sweat shirt with the white windbreaker tied around her waist, is using a long pole to vault over a water-filled ditch.  There are people behind her, and some others across the ditch.  No idea what this is about. Don't recognize any of the people.
I just saw the tvguide post on the thread for ep two in the Netherlands.  Could this be what Jennifer is doing?  Not quite as athletic as the one shown, but it seems to match.  And makes more sense because it doesn't fit in ep one.

Quick shot of Jason peddling a bike with a cart in front.  Lorena is sitting in the cart holding what looks like travel instructions.  Looks like Aran but could be somewhere else in Ireland. The have their backpacks with them.

Thanks to the oh so lovely Dreamer @ Jokers!! and thanks to Gman for the heads up! No pole vaulting but the Bike shot of Lorena & Jason!

Tar 12
Uploaded by DreamersVids

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 04:14:39 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 07:43:02 PM »
I can't quite read the label on the side of the cart, but a little googling brought up Bakfiets, a Dutch bike that's apparently trendy here (I'd never heard of it  ???).

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 09:07:20 PM »
I can't quite read the label on the side of the cart, but a little googling brought up Bakfiets, a Dutch bike that's apparently trendy here (I'd never heard of it  ???).

TAR has gone completely green:  bikes in Ireland, bikes in The Netherlands, and bikes on the wire also in Ireland.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 11:42:07 AM »

Well --no surprise--the bike scenes are located just behind Central Station Amsterdam by the canal where literally thousands of bikes park every day.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 08:13:23 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 02:51:01 PM »
lets try this again it was easier not to crop the frames--

Roadblock
  Jenny

Nick & Don waiting red clue

Don in his briefs!  :lol:

Pitstop, why are the blondies just standing there?

these might go here

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 10:43:49 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 08:17:34 PM »
Well its a DUH that is the Dutch Rails Netherlands the the blondies are running around.

Outside Amsterdam: Monnickendam
is a small village located not far to the northwest of Amsterdam. There is a nice marina there on the Markermeer.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 09:01:48 PM »
Nice puddin! The marina is definitely going to be a key way of spotting this because one canal and one field in Holland look pretty much like the next one!  :rotf:

This looks like a real contender though...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 10:16:04 PM »
haha I have a muddy video too but don't think this is it -- the tower in the back of our pictures doesn't match their church but it was fun to watch.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 12:53:51 AM »
Pitstop, why are the blondies just standing there?
There's a joke there, but I'm not going to say it.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol3: :lol3:
Just here to visit.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 01:05:13 AM »
Maybe the blondes just got there at the same time as them so there was no time for them to leave before the other team checked in?

Offline manilaguna

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 09:47:39 AM »
I agree Michael D!!! It seems like Jenny & Nathan might have checked 1st and won the prize, explaining the odd and speechless reaction of the blondes (esp. Shana) ^^

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 11:54:18 AM »
Team Goth looks worried.  They are hoping that Phil does not say his fateful words.  Thus, I think Team Goth has a problem or two in this leg, but are not Philiminated.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 02:39:45 PM »
I dont really think so gator27 they look like teams who are waiting for the words they dont look to bad but you never know they could faulter through-out the course set on this leg we will soon see!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 12:45:21 AM »
From the article that peach posted from RTVW~
*Doing away with non-elimination legs means there will also be no more penalties

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 07:17:35 AM »
Yes, but I think he really means only the elmination of the 30 minute penalties associated with a last-place Marked-For-Elimination. He surely can't mean penalties for exceeding the speed limit by 50 km/hr. or for stealing another team's vehicle or other transgressions that had caused them in the past. You always have to wonder when Bertram says anything about an in-the-can Amazing Race because of his track record for not getting all of the nuances just right. He is obviously a Big Picture kind of guy, appropriate to create and produce this type of show but not the person you necessarily want talking to the media.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 09:40:34 AM »
What you'd expect: the departure area of Shannon. (source)

Offline tarbuckeye

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I Live TAR...Too many days on the Road!
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 07:52:25 PM »
Puddin - Read that too.  Do you all think that this means NO penalties for violating rules?  Or for not finishing a task?   :o

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 08:14:34 PM »
I think it refers only to no penalties for NEL's--loss of baggage, $$, thirty minutes...  Certainly not to no penalties for rule breaking, etc.
RFF's Golden Rule: