Archive > The Amazing Race 12 Archive

EP2: 'I’ve Become the Archie Bunker of the Home'

<< < (44/44)

gator27:

--- Quote from: gingerman28 on November 14, 2007, 10:21:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: georgiapeach on November 14, 2007, 09:10:38 AM ---Maybe Tammy can help us here...but I am pretty sure that racers have said in the past that they were asked to use the two tickets phrase and then the cameras would stop and they would clarify the need for extra tickets, and I think racers have talked about also shooting retakes. I think we even once or twice thru the years heard more tickets being asked for?

They sure go to great lengths to maintain that illusion of no cameras though!

--- End quote ---

You're right, and I think that we have even seen teams hand over four passports when buying tickets!

--- End quote ---

One cameraman and one sound person could cover one plane.  The producers could have a camera crew stationed at the arrival airport.  On second thought, this is risky if a team deviates from the expected.

gingerman28:
As I recall from something I read one time, a camera team (2 persons) sticks with one team throughout one leg.  The teams are switched around after each leg so that no team gets too chummy with the production crew.

And at every stop along the way during the leg the producers have local crews standing by to film a lot of the action not covered by the travelling crews.  Phil also has his own crew that travels with him along with all the production suits who hang around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version