Author Topic: All stars II sad news  (Read 5705 times)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
All stars II sad news
« on: October 26, 2007, 01:04:04 PM »
This was posted by COBY

P.s. Ironically right as I fall in love with Survivor again it falls out of love with me. I want to address All Stars 2 while it is still on every ones mind. I have had so many fans send me support and I want to thank you all!!! Just so you know I was picked but dropped at the last minute with a group of Survivors I love. I think they are going with a new tribe versus All Star tribe idea and there just weren't enough spots for all of us but it was a honor even being considered. SO everyone can stop asking me about it lol I am not going but going to cheer on my friends who are!!!

I can not believe they dropped COBY!  I was so looking forward to him  being on all stars.     (:;) (:;) (:;)

Well atleast I can still read his blog about the show.  It is wonderful, it is on his myspace page if you do not read it.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: All stars II sad news
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 05:46:59 PM »
 :(  I'm so sorry, Wendy.  :hugs:
 Coby would've added good entertainment for All Stars II.  He's a great guy...

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 11:32:10 AM »
A new picture of Coby and his daughter, Janu:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Coby
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 09:07:17 PM »
Survivor: The Tribe Has Spoken - No All Stars 2
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Okay, so on Sunday night's finale of Survivor: China, they showed a preview for next season, Fans vs. Favorites.  I was immediately intruiged and excited.  Being the huge Survivor fan that I am, if I were ever to be on the show, I'd want to play against the best or most favorite players of all time.  Who wouldn't?  CBS didn't show any favorites, only fans, in their preview.  However, BuddyTV got their hands on the unofficial list of Survivors participating and I was immediately confused.  Sure, I understood Ozzy and Yau Man being there but where was Terry?   Where was Stephenie?  Where was Coby?  I'll tell you where Coby was: sitting home NOT participating in a season he was supposed to be a part of.   Today, Coby Archa of Survivor: Palau gave us the dirt on an All-Stars 2 season that never ended up happening.

Here's the story, at least according to Coby.  CBS wanted to do an All-Stars 2 but Mark Burnett felt like he wasn't trying something new if he just did another All-Stars.  He pushed for a Fans vs. Favorites and won.  Up until he won, though, an All-Stars 2 cast had been formed.  That cast included Coby, Terry, Twila, Yul, and Shane.  Two days before they were set to leave, Burnett ended up getting his way and half the players were left home while the other half left to compete one more time.

Coby doesn't harbor ill feelings and is looking forward to the new season.  "I understand the appeal of the upcoming season," he said. "I love most of the cast, especially Fairpay, Ami, Eliza, and Cirie."  Most of the cast?  "Why Parvati and Amanda? I don't get their appeal."  He's most disappointed in the fact that Palau is not represented in the cast, despite being the second highest rated season post All-Stars

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/survivor/survivor-the-tribe-has-spoken-15049.aspx

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Coby
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 09:24:17 PM »
Thanks, Puddin for the update, I enjoyed hearing what Coby had to say and speaking of him, he posted his thoughts on the finale from last Sunday on his myspace blog:

Survivor China Finale....

Okay so now that it is all said and done I can honestly say this IS the best season of Survivor for me in many many years. Best season since Amazon for me. I just really liked, even loved all these people. I was really rooting for all 3 of the people at the end though I must agree with PG that Amanda can " stop giving us all those doe eyes and looking so sorry...". I really feel Amanda's fatal flaw was her " I am so pure attitude". Amanda burned just as many people as Todd did he was just more vocal about it. The ending was so good for me because except for Courtney...Todd and Amanda both had a pretty round edit. We got to see a lot of all their sides these two. I was going back and forth just on the last episode which one I wanted to win. Todd did look awfully petty rolling his eyes with Denise over Amanda but I know Todd is just like me...he was so excited to be there I think in moments like that he felt he was watching it on TV more than playing and couldn't help himself.

Got a little tired of the James love.

I also have to admit I fell in love with Denise. What a honest nice woman. And her kids just broke my heart, that was awfully nice of Mr Burnett :)

Was anyone else shocked that PG, James and Denise were the top favs? I really thought Todd or Courtney would be in there.

I did NOT get enough Aaron love but what bit of screen time he did get I was drooling. He is still my ultimate Survivor crush next to Bobby Jon.

Great season. Great cast. Great challenges. And fell in love with so many of these people. From Jamie on down...just loved this cast. Loved her trying to give some attitude at that last tribal.

So on to Fans versus Favs. Can't wait :) But tonight still left me shaking my head on Amanda being picked for that....why not Courtney or PG? I found them far more interesting and still doubt I would remember Amanda much past this.

Congratulations everyone...you all ****ing brought Survivor back from the dead for me...great season!!!!

p.s. yes I noticed Jeffs too dark dye job lol
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 10:36:02 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 09:49:54 PM »
Thanks for posting Coby's comments, RFWill!  His sentiments coinside with mine for the most part.

I was rooting more for Amanda until after the Jury's questions.  It seemed Amanda dug a hole for herself and coudn't get out.  I also liked Todd lots and very glad he won.  I'm impressed that he took Survivor seriously as a 14 yr old and stuck with it, learning how to play the game and Win!!  Courtney?  That was the biggest surprise...that she outlasted Amanda!  :cmaslol 

It was a great season!  :cmas26  :jumpy:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 10:00:20 PM »
coby
Was anyone else shocked that PG, James and Denise were the top favs? I really thought Todd or Courtney would be in there.
I was shocked that Denise was in there, but not PG or James.  I also thought Todd for sure and maybe Amanda would be at the top of the list.  However, even tho I didn't vote for James, I figured he would win the cash!