The Amazing Race > The Racers

Marianna Ruiz and Julia Ruiz - TAR12

<< < (4/5) > >>

TARAsia Fan:
They better say thanks. Without that, Lorena's screaming on the mat.

georgiapeach:
Did anyone notice how pissed they seemed in their Mat Chat? Like they were angry with TPTB about more than just being elim'd?

Wonder about those missing maps??

TARAsia Fan:
I think Julia was disappointed in being eliminated. Sometimes in those situations, there's nothing one can say and I can understand that. She did talk in the webclip.

puddin:
If you go to the insider clips, EP2, the sisters bought a book, I wonder if thats what was taken by TPTB?
http://www.cbs.com/innertube/index.php?src=email&vid=168828&format=wmv

ETA: Duh nevermind they bought it on the way to Amsterdam

[attachment deleted by admin]

puddin:
IGN TV: Watching the show, was there anything you saw that really surprised you?

Julia: Well, we couldn't stand Ron and Chris basically, the whole show. So it was interesting to see why we couldn't stand them so much. They make it seem like Chris is such the innocent one and she's… In this last episode, you see a little more of the spice coming out of Chris, but yeah… There's a very interesting dynamic there.

Marianna: She's the one that pulls the wool over your eyes. At least if we were bitchy, everybody knew that we were bitchy, and we weren't really trying to hide it. It's an open competition and you've gotta do what you've gotta do, but she was just like playing the innocent one and like going around and…

Julia: …Manipulating everybody.

Marianna: Yeah, definitely. We were just openly like "No! We're not cool with her at all." And I think because we were openly not cool with her and she was going around manipulating everybody else, and fooling them into believing that she was actually cool and good people or whatever, that kind of hurt us a little bit. Because everybody was like "Oh, well, Christina's so nice and they don't like her. They must be bitches!" Slowly but surely, it'll come around to everybody finding out…

Julia: Oh yeah, you can see more of it in this episode. "Daddy, shut up," basically.

IGN TV: Is there a particular incident early on that caused problems between you guys?

Julia: Well, first in Ireland, we never exchanged for Euros, our entire voyage through Ireland, after Ireland, whatever. We never went to an exchange counter and exchanged for Euros because I think we saw it in the states and it was at such a crazy, inflated price that we were like "ugh!" So we calculated what it actually is and upped it by maybe a .6 and started negotiating with our cab drivers to exchange our [cash]. For some reason this concept was so strange to Ron that he was like "Yeah, right! I don't know any cab drivers that are going to accept pineapples for cab fair," saying that why would, where the Euro is accepted, anyone accept an American dollar? It's like "Yeah, the American dollar has been one of the strongest currencies for a very long time. Why would they accept a dollar. I have no idea!" But for some reason he thought we were lying, which makes absolutely no sense. Why would you lie and let people know you saved money so you have more money? I don't know. So between him and Christina, they went around and basically told everybody that we were lying about the most retarded thing you could actually lie about.

And then on the way to Amsterdam, we were on the flight with them - it was Ron, Chris, my sister and I and Kate & Pate -- and on that flight we were sitting in the front. They were sitting behind us. But we moved up in the flight and I started talking to a group of guys. I was asking them about the Milk Maid bridge in Amsterdam, just trying to get an idea of where it was exactly and what it looked like. Just general questions. And she thought I was asking them if they could move their luggage to the back of the plane so I could move my luggage up. So I'm in the middle of talking to them and they're saying "If you want to come to a bar with us later…" They're in the midst of that sentence, and she comes up and she's like "Ha ha. Don't listen to anything that she's saying, because we have already set it up so our luggage is in the front. So whatever she's telling you, don't listen to her. You shouldn't even be listening to her."

Marianna: "She doesn't know what she's talking about anyway."

Julia: All the guys, they don't know we're in a competition. They have no idea what's going on. They're looking at her all quizzically like, "What is this girl talking about?" And I looked at her and I go "You don't even know what you're talking about, so why don't you turn back around and walk away before you look stupid." And she turns around and walks away. I was like "What kind of tactic is that?" She came over and put her arm around me as if we're best of friends, in order to tell that to the guys! She played on another level. I was like "Who does that?" I never go and interfere in someone else's game. That showed to me what kind of racer she was. So when she was playing the "I'm such a sweetheart" victim card, uh-uh. Uh-uh people!

IGN TV: Let's talk about the infamous camel. How long did it take you to get through that task?

Marianna: Ooof. I think we were there maybe four or five hours, through that incredible sand storm. That sand storm lasted a good half hour/forty-five minutes and it was this really, really intense wind with sand and rain… It was really crazy. That really set us back, because all the camels got nervous so they weren't going to produce any milk. And we were there for quite awhile. Towards the end, it was just the four of us left - Jason, Lorena, and my sister and I -- and at that point I feel it just wasn't fair anymore. Because Julia and Lorena were just switching back and forth from camel to camel, running around, just trying to squeeze every drop from every single camel, so the fact that Julia just happened to find that first camel that had that little bit of milk first… To me it wasn't fair at that point, the fact that there was just so many camels there and none of them were really producing anything. By the time we got out of there, we were just so happy to get out of there and move on. It had been at least two hours since the other teams had gone, so it was quite some time that we were back there

more here.. 
http://tv.ign.com/articles/836/836812p1.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version