Author Topic: Ari Bonias and Staella Gianakakos - TAR12  (Read 12598 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ari Bonias and Staella Gianakakos - TAR12
« on: October 24, 2007, 09:46:48 AM »

Ari & Staella
Best Friends
Ari: Long Beach, CA
21, Waiter

Staella: Fountain Valley, CA
24, Restaurant Manager

These fun-loving friends are all about having a good time. They hope that their carefree approach to the Race will result in the $1 million prize.

These Racers met eight years ago and have been best friends ever since. There is rarely a quiet moment when you put them together. Ari works as a server in a restaurant and currently lives with Staella’s family.

Ari is catty and not afraid to speak his mind, while Staella won’t hesitate to flirt her way to the front of the pack. Staella describes herself as honest, trustworthy and caring. She enjoys working out and dancing. Ari describes himself as mean, rude and hilarious and enjoys dancing and talking trash to people.

Look for these two Racers to possibly ruffle some feathers of their fellow competitors while racing around the world but one thing is for certain, they’ll have a blast doing it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:24:00 AM by Kogs »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Ari Bonias and Staella Gianakakos - TAR12
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 10:41:45 AM »
" STAELLA!!!!!!!!"

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 02:38:15 PM »
They remind me of Adam and Rebecca

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 02:45:42 PM »
I was thinking of Aaron and Ariana

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 02:51:56 PM »
She looks just like Megan Linz to me.  :hearts:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 04:02:16 PM »
 :hearts:

Kiwi Jay

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 01:02:18 AM »
He is having a hard time there lol, I think they will go first

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 01:28:42 PM »
Kinda seems like she wantst to be there but he is not sure

Kiwi Jay

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 04:24:50 PM »
Exactly

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 04:30:56 AM »
She resembles Barbra Streisand.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 01:08:36 AM by RudyRules »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 10:46:49 PM »
Mega-Streisand!
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 05:46:26 PM »
INTERVIEW: Ari Bonas, Staella Gianakakos dish on 'The Amazing Race'

By Christopher Rocchio, 11/05/2007

Best friends Ari Bonas and Staella Gianakakos were aware of the numerous intangibles facing teams competing on The Amazing Race, and their unknown presented itself in the form of an especially stubborn donkey.

As a result Ari, a 21-year-old waiter from Long Beach, CA, and Staella, a 23-year-old restaurant manager from Fountain Valley, CA, were the last team to reach The Amazing Race's first twelfth-season Pit Stop, bringing an end to their journey on the CBS reality series after only one leg of the course.

On Tuesday, Ari and Staella talked to Reality TV World about how they approached participating in The Amazing Race; why they wouldn't have formed any alliances even if they were in the competition longer; what happened when they seemingly stole a cab from another team; and what exactly was that donkey's problem.

Reality TV World:   How were you cast for The Amazing Race 12?  Was it your first time applying for the show?

Staella:  Well we were cast kind of as the... not the Will and Grace but the [Will & Grace characters] Karen and Jack (Ari laughs).  It was our first time [applying for The Amazing Race].  I guess we were... you know, they tried doing the Will & Grace thing before, but it never really seemed to work out.   I mean, I can't think... I've tried to remember in past seasons if they ever had the girlfriend with the gay best friend.  I don't recall any season that's had it.

[EDITORS NOTE: Although Staella couldn't remember it, The Amazing Race's Fall 2002 third-season cast included Arianne Udell and her gay best friend Aaron Goldschmidt.]

Reality TV World:  So did you two attend an open casting call?

Staella:  Yeah, there was an open casting call.  Of course there was callbacks and then there was more interviews...
Ari:  We did a video.
Staella:  Yeah, the whole video.  There's a lot that goes into it.

Reality TV World:   Have you watched The Amazing Race before?

Ari:  I used to watch it when it first started -- like the beginning seasons -- here and there, a few episodes.  I watched a couple of entire seasons of it.  Sometimes you're not always home to catch the show in time, but we're pretty big fans of the show.  I love... it's an original reality show.  No 'America trying to vote you off' [and] making the wrong decisions, as we've seen in other reality shows.

Reality TV World:   How did you prepare yourselves both physically and mentally for the competition?

Staella:  We were actually working with a trainer.  We were trying to build our endurance and our strength in case we had any really physical challenges.  But we were doing that -- working out -- and then mentally, we just tried to study-up as much as we could on previous seasons.  It's hard to prepare for something like this because everything is unexpected.  You don't know what's going to come your way, so the best you can do is just watch the previous seasons and just take as many notes, look at little gadgets people might have taken along with them, which is what we did.  We brought like binoculars, a magnifying glass... all these little things that might come in handy.

Reality TV World:   Had either of you previously done a lot of international traveling?

Ari:  We're both Greek.  I had never been out of the country prior to this, so it was a really big experience for me.  Staella's gone to Greece, a few years ago...
Staella:  A few times...
Ari:  A few times, so she knew what to expect about the other side of the world.  But I didn't, and it was pretty fun and a good experience for me.

Reality TV World:   What were some of your first impressions on your fellow racers?

Staella:  Initially before we're even allowed to talk to each other, all you have to base everyone on was their appearance.  More than a number of times, looks can be deceiving.  You can't really size-up a person just based on how they look, so once the race started -- and you started seeing people's competitive side, how aggressive they are, whether they're in great shape or kind of lacking -- I think everybody surprised everyone in one way or another.  Also, everyone going into this is not knowing what's going to happen.  So many things can go wrong.  So many things can happen in the matter of such a short amount of time.  You just kind of have to take everything as it comes your way.

Reality TV World:   Were there any teams you initially butted heads with?  Any teams that you got along with really well?

Ari:  Because Staella and I were the first ones to go, we didn't have really a lot of time to bond with anybody and get into any arguments with... I mean had we been there through the race there probably would have been a lot of drama (laughing).  I'm a drama queen...
Staella:  Well not just that, but when it's a competition...
Ari:  Yeah...
Staella: ...and everybody's going for the same thing and only one team can win, it's likely heads are going to butt.  People are going to get into confrontations.

Reality TV World:   So do you think you weren't there long enough to form any alliances with any of the other teams?

Ari:  No, we weren't there long enough to do any of that.  Staella and I both went into this knowing we weren't going to do any alliances unless it was needed -- like we were going towards the end.  That's when we'd try to build some trust and try to get someone to have your back.  But we knew that -- again -- that could end up being a downfall because some could just... I mean the prize is $1 million.  Someone could do anything they have to to get it.

Reality TV World:   You just mentioned not forming any alliances was part of your strategy.  Did you have a strategy going into the competition?

Ari:  We initially told each other that we need to take our time.  As much as it was a race, we also needed to slow our roll and basically read the clues thoroughly.  Make sure we weren't doing anything that we'd get penalized for.  You have to make sure you know exactly what the clue says in case it's a destination of some kind.  There could be two places with one similar name, and you'll get messed up and lost,  so we had to really like slow down, even though it's a competition and you're racing.  You have to take your time as well, because you could end up... You could start-off first and end last or visa versa.

Reality TV World:   Staella, before the race began you said, "I have a feeling we aren't going to be making very many friends because of Ari.  He'll tell it to you like it is." Did you end up being right?

Staella: (laughing)  I don't think we were there long enough for that to happen. 
Ari:  I'm pretty much a...
Staella:  Here's the thing.  People I think are misinterpreting what I'm saying about Ari, in the sense that Ari is not afraid to say something that's on his mind.  And if it's something that he has reason to say something, than he will.  He's not going to start talking **** just to talk **** necessarily.
Ari:  Yeah...
Staella:  People were misinterpreting that.  He's a nice person.  People, when they meet him... and mind you this is under completely different circumstances.  It's not like [the 11 teams] just happened to meet each other one night at a nightclub.  This is like...
Ari:  This is a competition.
Staella: ...totally different.  People from all different parts of the United States and completely different personalities coming together.  It's just what I was saying when I said that about Ari was a a lot of time people don't like being told how it is.  Because Ari's that kind of a person, people may like him in the beginning, but then they come to not like him.  But that's because he's being honest with you.  Sometimes that's just too much for people...

Reality TV World:   Ari did you ever consider that -- although it might be your natural personality -- it might make sense to restrain your "tell it like it is" attitude?

Ari:  No, I mean had we both been in the race longer, I guarantee you probably would have seen more of me telling someone off because they probably would annoy me of say something wrong or foul and I wouldn't have liked it.  But then again, that's also another strategy that we were probably going to use.  Once you start pissing someone off, it makes them lose focus.  It kind of gives you an advantage because they're all going crazy about whatnot and could end up messing up.  Then it's an advantage for us.

Reality TV World:   Explain what happened with the cab situation when you arrived in Ireland.  Did you know you were taking a cab that was ordered by "Father/Daughter" team Ronald and Christina Hsu?

Ari:  No because prior to us leaving... I guess when we left LAX, nine of the 11 teams reserved taxis in Ireland.  When we got there, I ran out and everything looked like a taxi in Ireland... I mean what looked like a taxi, wasn't a taxi.  I got irritated, so I stood in the middle and screamed out, "Where the F is the taxi!?"  Some guy just jumps up and says, "Here! Here!"  So Staella and I quickly got our stuff [into the cab] and half-an-hour into the drive I asked the guy how much the taxi was and he told us, "Wait.  I thought we told you?"  That's when Staella and I came to realize we stole someone's taxi, and later on finding out it was Ron and Chris' taxi.

Reality TV World:  Were you one of the nine teams who initially called for a taxi?

Ari:  We weren't actually, that's why we did end up stealing a taxi.  We didn't know.  We didn't intentionally steal a taxi.  I mean the way it looks, I was gloating about it.  I was... I kind of was happy luck fell into our favor.

Reality TV World:  Was Ronald and Christina's reaction pretty much what we saw during your mild confrontation with them in last night's episode?  Was there anything else beyond that CBS didn't show?

Ari:  No, that was pretty much it.  They were just like, "It's okay.  It's okay.  But you stole our taxi."  I was like, "Oh well."  What are you going to do, you know?   

Reality TV World:   The Roadblock didn't seem very challenging.  Did you have any problems with it?

Staella:  Neither one of us have fear of heights, and we were so excited when we saw what it was.  It just looked so cool from far away.  When we got up and we got harnessed and I actually sat down and looked ahead of me, I was like, "Oh ****!  This is really far across, and we're up really high."  All we have is like a little life vest and we're on a really small wire.  But at the same time you're so excited you just want to get across and keep going so you can continue on the race, that you just kind of go with it.  It wasn't really hard the first three-fourths of the way, but at the very end...
Ari:  The very top...
Staella:  ...at the very top, the wire kind of curved up, you really have to use your strength to... Because you're carrying your weight and the person that's underneath you.  You really have to use your strength to peddle those last few peddles to get you to the absolute end on the other side.  So that was the hardest part of it...
Ari:  (laughing)  I was also hanging off a pole with very little butt room!

Reality TV World:   What was the major problem you were having with your donkey?

Staella:  It wouldn't move.

Reality TV World:  Was it as simple as that?  It just wouldn't budge?

Ari:  We had to push and pull...
Staella:  I mean we had about a two-mile stretch of how far we had to walk the donkey [back to the entrance of the farm, where they would receive their next clue].  We couldn't get the donkey to move, even 15-feet.  When it would walk a few feet, it would turn around and go right back towards the other donkeys.  We tried everything.  We tried singing to it; petting it; tapping it on its butt... It ended up with us literally pushing and pulling the donkey the entire way until almost like... It was like three-fourths of the way we had done the pushing and pulling, and then all of a sudden it took off.

Reality TV World:   Why didn't guys just try grabbing another donkey and starting over?  Was there a rule that said you couldn't switch donkeys once you picked one?

Staella:  Yeah once you picked a donkey you had to stick with that one, so we were kind of screwed.

Reality TV World:   As other teams passed you, did you ever start to panic and think you could be the last team on the course?

Staella:  Oh yeah...
Ari:  We knew.  After being out there four, five, six, finally going to the seventh hour, we knew we were passed up.  Staella felt it.  She knew she was last.  I told her, "Anything can happen.  So let's just hurry up, get into the car, and drive to the Pit Stop."  Because you never know.  Anybody could have gotten lost.   

Reality TV World:  Just to clarify, you were out there seven hours trying to complete the task?

Ari:  Up to seven hours, we were out there pushing and pulling [the donkey] every three little steps... It took a long time.  Staella was getting an allergic reaction; we were both very hot, sunburned, dehydrated; we got kicked by the donkey; almost bitten by the donkey...

Reality TV World:  It sounds like a harrowing experience.

Ari:  It was one crazy adventure.

Reality TV World:   How far behind "Dating Couple" Jennifer Parker and Nathan Hagstrom were you in arriving at the first Pit Stop?

Ari:  Apparently we were about a mile behind them, but we don't know...
Staella:  Apparently we weren't very far behind them [on the course] but they were at least able to get their donkey to go, and THEN the donkey stopped after half-way or so.  But from the beginning it wouldn't go [for us].  The friggin' donkey would not move!

Reality TV World:  So Nathan and Jennifer had the same donkey troubles as you, the only difference was they were able to get theirs to move initially, which gave them a lead.  Is that correct?

Ari:  They moved theirs... I mean their donkey took-off; more than halfway.  So when they were stuck, they were stuck actually pretty close to the next clue.  We were all the way in the back -- still pushing and pulling -- and we saw no one ahead of us.  That's how far [Nathan and Jennifer] were ahead of us, but they were still stuck in the same position that we were.  We were pushing and pulling the entire time, while they were just taking a break, and then finally their donkey ended up going.

Reality TV World:   Was there a Detour task that got edited out or was there just not any Detour in the first leg?

Staella:  No, there was no Detour... That's what we were hoping!  That the next clue [after the donkey task] was not the Pit Stop.  But there was no Detour... What the?!

Reality TV World:   Were you surprised to be the first team eliminated?

Staella:  Well we basically knew we were the last team.  We weren't surprised.  But at the same time yeah, because nobody wants to be the first one to go.  It's the worst feeling because you get a little taste of the competition and then you know it's taken away fro you just like that.  It goes to show how unpredictable the game is... You know, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, into last.

Reality TV World:   So how was Elimination Station?  The villa looked nice.  Based on the video on CBS' website, it looked like you guys were still having a hard time coming to grips with your donkey problem even once you got to the villa.

Staella:  Yeah, it probably took a good couple days to get over it.  You constantly replay everything in your head... "If only, if only."  Had we gotten a different donkey; had we been on the first [ferry to the mainland for the Roadblock], we would have gotten there... There's just so many things that you have going through your head, and it was really hard to get past that in the first day or two.  Then finally, we were just like, "You know what?  Regardless of what happened, it was an experience.  Not very many people can even say they were on [The Amazing Race].  They got to go zip-lining in Ireland."  You just have to really try to make the best out of it, which we tried to do in the end.

Reality TV World:   Any team you would like to see win?  Any team you don't want to see win?

[A CBS publicist would not allow Ari and Staella to answer this question]

Staella:  We weren't going to anyways!

Reality TV World:   Do you think competing on The Amazing Race strengthened your relationship?

Ari:  It has strengthened our relationship and even though we lost -- we were eliminated first -- I still would do this over and over again with Staella.  On the race we were arguing -- we were getting on each other's nerves -- but it wasn't because it was US getting on each other's nerves.  It was just the intense moment of the situations we were dealing with.  We're together 24/7 as it is, so something like this we could do over and over again.  I could spend months and months at a time with Staella.

Reality TV World:   So what's next for you two?  Back to the restaurant?

Staella:  At the moment we're back to work, but hopefully there will be bigger and better things to come our way!
Ari:  Yeah!
Staella:  We'll have to just wait and see.  Only time will tell.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/interview-ari-bonas-staella-gianakakos-dish-on-the-amazing-race-6042.php

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 11:11:35 PM »
Exclusive Interview: Ari and Staella, First Eliminated on 'The Amazing Race 12'

November 5, 2007

Ari and Staella have the dubious honor of being the first team eliminated on The Amazing Race 12.  Some say it was karma, I say it was just unlucky.  The duo, who are best friends, simply picked a defective donkey who didn't want to move.  They were subsequently passed by about half the teams and were left to stand and beg their donkey to move.  But, alas, such is the way of The Amazing Race.  Not always are the outcomes just.  However, there also rarely as funny as a really lazy donkey.  Ari and Staella took the time to speak with us this morning about their time on the race and everlasting grudge upon donkey-kind. 

Below you will find the written transcript as well as the full mp3 audio of the interview
So, how much do you guys hate donkeys?

Staella: Well, lets just say that if a donkey ever comes across me, I don't think anyone will ever see it again. Haha.

Was it overblown at all in editing, or was it just completely the donkey's fault that you guys got stuck?

Staella: It was 150% the donkeys fault. It was out of our control. We tried every single thing we could possibly think of to get that donkey to move, and nothing. We got it to move a couple steps forward, then it would turn around and walk right back.

Ar: It just wanted to go backward the entire time.

Watching it on TV, they edited it to make it seem like you guys were just completely mean to the donkey the whole time. Did you try being nice to it as well?

Staella: Oh we tried like, petting it and blowing it kisses.

Ari: We caressed it. We fed it. The damn thing didn't want to go.

What made you two want to come on the Amazing Race together and were you guys fans of the show beforehand?

Staella: Yeah. We were both huge fans of the show. I don't think I've ever seen an entire season, just episodes here and there. I think if either of us were going to do a reality show it was going to be this because it's the most original, nobody's being voted off. You get to travel...well, we didn't get to travel around the world per se, but it's an opportunity to travel. To win a million dollars. There's just a lot of things that you encounter on the race that probably any normal person wouldn't get to do that. As much as it sucks for us to be the first ones out, we were two out of the, you know, hundreds of thousands of people who tried out for it and we got picked.

Ari: It's just an experience of a lifetime and no one can ever take that from us. So even though we went out first, no one can ever take that from us. We got to do something that probably thousands and thousands and thousands of people have been trying to do for so long.  We had fun doing it.

Was there anything involving you guys over the first leg that was edited out that you wish was shown?

Ari: Yeah. I wish they would have shown me running out of the airport, standing in the middle of the road screaming out: ‘Where the beep is the taxi.' The thing is we thought we were being placed in the middle...we thought there were already teams ahead of us. And it said last night when we got the Taxi we were currently in first and we were surprised to even see that.

Staella: And it just goes to show how quickly things can change, you know? From the time we got into the taxi being in first place, and by the time we go to where the ferries were we were in fourth, to toward the end of the leg of the race we were in last place.

Ari: And the funny thing is that was when we got into the taxi and we found out it wasn't ours and the guy said he wasn't turning back, we were finally like: ‘Yeah. We got into the wrong taxi.'

How many minutes were you behind the 10th place team at the very end?

Stealla: Apparently, we weren't far behind at all. And like I said we were still up at the very top of the hill. We hadn't even been able to get even half way with the donkey.

Ari: It'd had to have been like a 10 minute walk back, and we were still at the very beginning. We still hadn't gotten our donkey down. I mean, it was hard enough getting it down the hill, and the entire time after that it was just push-pull, push-pull, every two steps. Funny thing is I don't remember watching last night, I don't know if they saw us running with the donkey, but at the very end it just took off on us. It just started pulling us because Stealla and I were just so dehydrated and it just took off. And I was like: “Oh, now it wants to run!? Towards the end!?”

-Interview Conducted By Oscar Dahl, BuddyTV Senior Writer
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-amazing-race/exclusive-interview-ari-and-st-13379.aspx

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 09:37:29 PM »
The Amazing Race's First to Go Are Karma Victims
By ROCHELL D. THOMAS
TV GUIDE

Karma's a, well, you know what. And when best friends Ari and Staella stole another team's cab at an airport in Ireland, the god of providence waited patiently and then, just when it looked like the two Californians were winning, pimp-slapped them with a vengeance, making them the first team ousted from The Amazing Race (Sundays at 8 pm/ET, CBS). Ouch!

TVGuide.com: You're the first out. Sucks to be you. After you left Phil on the mat, who cried the longest?
Staella: Me.
Ari: I didn't really have very much sad emotion until after the cameras went off, and then I cried for a little bit, and then I just kept walking. But Staella was pretty bummed.
Staella: I just, you know... nobody wants to be the first one to go. It's like you get a little taste of it, and then it's yanked from you. And it was just something so completely out of our hands. We were both thankful that at least it wasn't like I messed up or Ari messed up. We can say, "It was because of the donkey!"

TVGuide.com: Right, blame the stubborn beast that refused to carry out your task. How long did you try to coax the donkey to move?
Ari: At least six or seven hours.
Staella: We couldn't get this donkey to move after the first 20 feet.

TVGuide.com: Why didn't you change donkeys?
Staella: There were specific rules that you couldn't change donkeys. So we were just **** out of luck because we got a bad one.

TVGuide.com: Give us a list of the things you tried to do to get that donkey to move.
Ari: Well, I sang to it.
Staella: We tried petting it and talking nicely.
Ari: Then I cussed it out. [Laughs]
Staella: In the beginning, it was kind of funny. But then when you see one team pass you, two teams pass you, and three and four, then you know you're at the back. That's when, like, the anger started coming out.
Ari: I mean, Staella ended up getting an allergic reaction, her eyes were puffy. We were both dehydrated.
Staella: I was sunburned by the end of the day. I had bruises from the donkey kicking me, and I had poop on my foot. Ari's foot was already sprained from running up the hill, and then the donkey stepped on him. So it was the worst.
Ari: The worst.
Staella: We literally had to push and pull a good three fourths of the way. Until all of a sudden, the damn donkey decides to take off full force. Mind you, we're both exhausted and we're trying to keep up with this thing.
Ari: It brought a new meaning to "stubborn as an ass." Let's just put it that way. Now I hate donkeys.

TVGuide.com: Don't let PETA hear that. Now tell us something happy: Was it fun to ride the bike on the zipline across the ravine?
Staella: That was amazing. Neither one of us is really scared of heights. But when we were getting ready, I sat on the bike and looked out over the water like, oh, my god, we are really high. And all we have under us is this wire.
Ari: And me! [Laughs]
Staella: Yeah, and Ari — sitting under me on a seat attached to this long pole. But it was absolutely beautiful.
Ari: Until we read the clue and it said that there was a hotel with limited rooms. And Staella and I, you know, being from the O.C. and L.A., we heard "hotel with room service" and we booked it. We needed a nice hot shower and some coffee.

TVGuide.com: The hotel looked rustic. What was it actually like?
Ari: It was like a bed & breakfast. Everything is a bed & breakfast in Ireland, apparently. And it was very cozy.
Staella: All we were concerned about was having a bed to sleep in.

TVGuide.com: What did you eat?
Staella: Nothing. [Laughs]
Ari: We shared a bowl of soup and some free bread and that was it. I felt poor because we were using the money that was given to us prior to [the start of that leg of] the race and we didn't know how long we'd have to make it last.

TVGuide.com: If it was a bed & breakfast, shouldn't breakfast have come with?
Ari: Not this one. [Laughs]
Staella: It did.
Ari: We just missed it.
Staella: But you don't really think about food or sleep; those are the last things on your mind.
Ari: I must have woken up, like, four times because I was afraid we were going to wake up late and miss our boat or something. We had this little alarm clock and we didn't know how to work it.

TVGuide.com: Tell me about the cab — aka the karma bomb you set off. Did you know you were stealing someone else's ride before you got in?
Staella: What happened was... OK: Everybody was outside looking for taxis and they are completely unobvious there. I mean, they are not bright yellow. So Ari's in the middle of the street screaming, "Where the eff are the taxis?!" And this guy pops out, like, "I'm right here." So we put our stuff in. And we were already driving with the guy when we started making conversation and asking "How much?" and blah, blah, blah. That's when he was like "Wait, didn't we discuss this on the phone before?" Ari and I look at each other and we're like, "Oh, crap."

TVGuide.com: But Ari, you seemed to be gloating about it in the cab. Was that just clever editing?
Ari: I didn't really know that we were stealing. But when I found out, I was happy that we stole a taxi because Staella and I didn't reserve one. And I would have done anything in order to get ahead of everyone. I already said it: We were not there to make friends. But we didn't end up going far anyway.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 09:40:07 PM »
Amazing Race Interview : Ari & Staella
The team tells us how a donkey caused their downfall.
by Eric Goldman
 November 8, 2007 - Somebody's got to be the first team off an Amazing Race season, and for the twelfth edition of the popular reality series, that team turned out to be Staella and Ari. The two friends were doing pretty well in the first leg of the race, until a task involving walking a donkey along a stretch of road turned into their personal nightmare. As much as they tried, they couldn't get the donkey to move, and had to watch as every team behind them passed them by, leading to their last place finish.

A day after their one and only episode of the show as contestants aired I talked to the friends from Southern California about their brief time on the race

the rest of the story here

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 09:42:55 PM »
Ari's a jerk. (:;) (:;)

He needs to stop talking. B:) B:) B:) B:)
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 02:56:54 AM »
Ari says sorry on his MySpace: :lol:

Hey everyone regarding AMAZING RACE!!!
 ok, first off, i would like to apologize for allllll the mean things i said about all my castmates from the show (amazing race).... and even the stuff i said when i was at elimination staion that everyone can see on cbs.com , and all the interviews etc. i ammm soooo sorrrryyyy, i was just a bitter person cause staella and i got kicked off realllly early, too early. i want to say thanks again for all the support from EVERYONE (viewers, fans, friends, family, and the GREEKS from all over). anyways.... i hope everyone's still watching and keeping up with the show..... and make sure to check out elimination station as each week passes after the show to see more of staella and i, because there's always something new, fun and exciting that happens in portugual, and even more **** talking i believe, which im soooo sorrrry for i swear...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 06:52:42 AM »
LOL -- i'm so sure he's sorry, all his pre race interviews talk about what a bitch he is LOL

peach ill get back to you on that PM when I get home from school (around 1PM)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 11:06:16 AM »
What. Ever.  :knuckles: :knuckles:

Ari is a bitter little hedgehog and will always be.
Just here to visit.