The Amazing Race > The Racers

Ronald & Christina *SECOND PLACE TAR12*

<< < (10/10)

georgiapeach:
BUMP :bump    because the end of the Auction is approaching!

While I definitely don't want to own the T-shirts I definitely did want to make a contribution to the children of Burkina Faso!

So if you are like me, you can make a contribution without making an EBay bid right HERE.

OR: you CAN bid on the shirts here:  http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=ronchris.tar12

--- Quote ---Christina: Have we told you about our t-shirt auctions yet?

IGN: No, you haven't.

Christina: So basically we raced two legs in Burkina Faso and my dad and I made some really good friends there. We were sitting in the airport in Ouagadougou and we had some down time and my dad turned to me and said, "You know we should really do something -- we should auction off our "Who's Your Daddy?" and "Tiger Father, Tiger Daughter" t-shirts and donate the earnings to a charity. When we got back from the race, we did some research, and we decided upon this one orphanage in Burkina Faso. So if you go to the homepage of The Amazing Race and also the CBS.com homepage, they have a link to our eBay auction. All auctions start Wednesday [Jan. 23] and end on February 2. They're for my dad's "Who's Your Daddy?" shirt and both my "Tiger Father, Tiger Daughter" Chinese character shirts will be auctioned off and all the earnings will go to an orphanage in Burkina Faso. We promise we've washed all the shirts (laughs) and just hope that a lot of people will participate.

Ron: They were specifically bought for the race and worn only on the race. It's one that has special meaning for those who have watched Season 12 and also for the characters on the back of our shirts -- it says "Tiger Father" on the back of mine, and "Tiger Daughter" on the back of Christina's. We're just dispelling this notion that you have to have a son to basically make your house complete. I have two wonderful daughters, so I'm changing the Chinese idiom from "Tiger Father, Tiger Son" to "Tiger Father, Tiger Daughter." At least in my small way of saying that you don't need a son to complete your family, that daughters are just as equal and better I think, than sons. (laughs)
--- End quote ---

TARAsia Fan:
That's a very nice sentiment on Ron's part.

georgiapeach:
All in the family...

Ron's other daughter gets married:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/06/fashion/weddings/06hsu.html?_r=1&ref=weddings&oref=slogin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version