Author Topic: Kynt & Vyxsin - TAR12 "Most Fashionable Couple Ever..!"  (Read 169282 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Kynt Cothron and Vyxsin Fiala - TAR12
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2007, 11:34:16 AM »
'Boot camp' prepares 'Amazing Race' duo
Thursday, November 01, 2007By CHRIS WELCHTimes Entertainment Writer chris.welch@htimes.com
Army artillery officer dad helps Goth pair train

A few months ago, two cast members from this season's popular CBS show "The Amazing Race" sneaked into Huntsville and trained secretly for the globe-trotting scavenger hunt with the $1 million prize.

Frank and Kay Fiala of Huntsville welcomed their daughter, Vyxsin, and her best friend, Kynt Cothran, both 24 and residents of Louisville, Ky. Frank Fiala, an artillery officer in the Army, took over.
It was time for boot camp - "The Amazing Race" version.

"He had us running and doing pushups and even rappelling," Vyxsin said in a phone interview this week. "He helped us get ready mentally and physically."

"Yeah, I think the boot camp is definitely going to help us," Cothran said. "The only workout I'd ever had was on the dance floor. Vyxsin also took me camping, and I know this will be a shock to you, but I'm not much of an outdoorsman. It was quite traumatic ɠhave you ever tried to apply eye mascara in a pup tent?"

Did we mention they're the only Goth duo in the race? They won't be hard to spot: Look for the pretty girl with the hot pink hair, pink leopard-print shirt and black lips and the guy with the same makeup/lipstick/shirt who looks a little like a younger Marilyn Manson.

"Going into the race, as we prepared, we talked about it - how the aesthetics of Goth is going to be an advantage for us," Cothran said. "It's going to work for us because the other teams are going to underestimate us from the time we arrive and won't realize how lethal we are until we're miles - and days - ahead of them.

"The people that inhabit the different countries are going to wonder who we are, and I think that will be an advantage," he said. "They'll find out we're colorful. We're fun. We're friendly. We're social people. It will get us noticed, and they'll want to give us a hand."

And what do Fiala's mom and dad think of seeing their daughter on national TV?

"We've been excited for a long time and really, really looking forward to seeing her on Sunday," said her mom, Kay Fiala, who with her husband has lived here a year and a half after moving from Marquette, Mich. "They came down here, and we do a lot of camping, so we tried to help them have as many experiences to prepare them for the race as possible."
What about the eccentric Goth persona?
"My daughter is a very creative and intelligent person and has been since she was little," her mom said. "She's been in theater and done some directing; she's multi-talented. So, we just understand that as part of the person she is, and we celebrate her God-given gifts that are fun."

The duo met in Louisville a couple of years ago when Cothran was handing out band fliers. Fiala says their relationship "is complicated" - borrowing a line from facebook.com - varying from "romantic, my soul mate, best friend and favorite person." It was Cothran who suggested they apply for the show.

Fiala says "Amazing Race" is the coolest thing she's ever done because "it was with her favorite person in the world." There was, however, one downside.

"One of the funniest things I've experienced with Kynt was our struggle over packing," Fiala said. "We have history, and for one day we usually pack four suitcases and a trunk of shoes.

"So, as we packed, we decided we were only going to bring one backpack each. And in those two backpacks, we have brought 17 compacts of face powder. We also packed one flat iron we're going to share.

"It's really been a struggle. We've tried to find a place where fashion intersects with function."

source

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2007, 03:15:24 PM »
Some people have speculated that they might be Ugly Americans, but I don't see them that way at all. I think they're going to be quite appreciative of the surroundings and give the show some personality.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2007, 11:57:32 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2007, 02:39:43 PM »
Interview with Kynt and Vyxsin of the Amazing Race 12

The Race is on! This Sunday CBS’s Emmy award winning reality series “The Amazing race” is back. This week we had the opportunity to speak with Kynt & Vyxsin, the first ever Goth team racing around the world for 1 million dollars. We talked about what prompted them to apply, if they were able to keep up their appearance, and a bit abut the Goth lifestyle. I would like to thank them both for taking the time to chat with us. Don’t miss The Amazing Race this Sunday on CBS.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: How did you both meet one another and how long have you been friends?

A. Vyxsin – It’s funny I met Kynt shortly after I moved to Louisville, he handed me a flyer for a local Goth night. Within a short amount of time we were close friends.
A. Kynt: It’s been a three year one night stand.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: What initially got you both interested in being on the show, did you watch prior seasons?

A. Kynt: I have been a fan since season one, Vyxsin started watching The Amazing Race during season three. It’s one of a few shows that can hold my attention span. Some shows are just about twelve people in a house with gossip and drama. With The Amazing Race you get interpersonal communication, you learn, travel, and grow as a person.

Q. Mark Realitywanted.com: I read somewhere you did not want to emulate any prior team. But did you have a favorite past team or team you rooted for?

A. Vyxsin: I always liked Lynn and Alex even though they did not win. I loved the dynamics they had with one another and they didn’t let the race hurt it. We also loved Uchenna & Joyce, they had one of the most exciting endings. We also loved Steve and Dave from season 4, they came from behind so many times.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: I don’t know how long you both were gone but I am sure it was several weeks during filming. What did you guys leave behind?

A. Kynt: I missed Myspace. I missed my full make up box, heater, and air conditioning.

A. Vyxsin: I have a small tiny Pomeranian at home. She is my child. It was hard to leave her behind. One of the things I did not miss while I was away was waiting tables.Q. Mark Realitywanted.com: Not too many of us miss our job when we leave right. I’ve watched The Amazing Race and wondered if teams try to do any type of preparation prior top the show. Did you guys read world maps, workout more, or prepare in anyway?

A. Vyxsin: We tried to get ourselves in a more physical mindset. As viewers have seen many of the amazing race casts are the outdoor sporty types. Kynt and I don’t spend much time doing those things, though we did some physical prep work prior to leaving for the show.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: Did you guys start running or hiking?

A. Vyxsin: We actually spent time with my dad. My dad was in the army and ran Kynt and I through some army training drills, obstacle courses, rock climbing, repelling, etc.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: Wow, very cool that your dad helped you both out. I know you can’t tell me now but I am sure we will see how it helped you guys during the show.

A. Vyxsin: It was great to have that preparation. We actually took Kynt camping for the first time. It helped my dad and Kynt bond since my dad was wary of Kynt. Training helped bring them closer together and it was also great for Kynt and I. The whole time we have been together we have not done normal couple stuff like biking or walking in the park. It was great to connect in another way.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: As you both know this show can test relationships. I have run into past cast members at reality events that are no loner together. Were you worried about your relationship with one another?

A. Kynt: We see so many teams waste energy, time, and effort bickering at one another and not saving their energy for the road blocks and detours. We have always worked great together under some stressful circumstances.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: You guys have a ton of online support, how do you feel about the online reality TV community, Myspace, etc?

A. Kynt: It’s so exciting, the show inspires us. It’s a wonderful feeling that we will be part of something that gets people excited and enthused. The support online has been heart warming. A single episode hasn’t aired yet and people are already sending messages saying “go pink and black”.
A. Vyxsin: For some people it’s refreshing to see a totally different type of person portrayed on TV. It’s hard for people to identify with the tan blond thin people we often see on shows. A huge part of America doesn’t look like that.
A. Kynt: We are here to break the stereotypical walls down. Vyxsin and I are SHOCKED! We never expected such support so soon.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: What is your favorite thing about the Amazing Race?

A. Vyxsin: Most reality TV shows show a bunch of individuals doing what they do. With The Amazing Race you do it with a teammate. I had a great adventure and a life alerting experience that I was able to share with my most favorite person in the world.
A. Kynt: My favorite part of The Amazing Race is the spirit behind that concept. Superficially it’s a race for a million dollars but its so much more than that, it’s a window into the world we live in.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: Tell me a little bit about your Goth lifestyle and is there anything you can say about any reactions you may have received from people while filming the show?

A. Kynt: Going into the race we thought a lot about it and how it would be part of our strategy. We were assuming our look would work in our favor since strangers always come up to us wondering if we are in a band and so on. We assumed when looking for help with directions people would be curios about us and give us help.
A. Vyxsin: We also thought other teams would under estimate Kynt and I. We hope this will keep a target off our back.
A. Kynt: I want other teams to look at us and go oh gosh look at them those two are more worried about eye liner vs. an upcoming road block.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: What are the biggest misconceptions people have about those in the Goth lifestyle?

A. Kynt: People think Goths are depressed and anti social basement dwellers. It’s so wrong since we love to meet new people everyday. Goth people are insightful, intelligent, and just plain fun. Goth celebrates art, beauty, and individuality. It’s always fun to play in the dark.
A. Vyxsin: Growing up in an Army family we traveled a lot when I was younger. I tried my whole life to fit in, but for some reason I could not get there by wearing the right clothes or saying the right things. I was alienated and lonely. I kept trying new looks and things but finally I accepted the fact I am different and now I am much happier.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: Were you able to keep up the look while on the race?

A. Kynt: Going into the race Vyxsin and I wanted to keep the look as much as possible. When we are dressed and have our makeup on we feel the most confident. But we knew we might not look prefect at every moment. We were trying to find a fine line with function and fashion.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: So you referred a few times to your relationship with one another. Are you two dating, friends….?

A. Vyxsin: Kent and I have great relationship, we dated on and off but Kynt doesn’t like labels. He always says labels are for soup cans. It cuts down on drama; we like to just enjoy eachothers company. He is my soul mate and always gives me a twinkle in my eye.

Q. Mark realitywanted.com: Any final words for the fans?

A. Vyxsin: We have an extreme amount of appreciation from the overwhelming online support. We’re not the only ones out there that have a different take on life.
A. Kynt: We are grateful that CBS keeps backing The Amazing Race year after year. It is quality TV. There is a lot of junk on air today but Vyxen and I know 30 years from now when we are in a nursing home trying to die our grey hair we will both be proud of doing the show.
A. Vyxsin: We look forward to seeing the episode air and hearing people’s feedback. We want people to post their thoughts of show.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: Very cool guys. We are all excited to see the show this weekend. Speaking of comments toss us your Myspace so fans can say hi and post messages.

A. Kynt: 100% please have people come see one of our myspace pages

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2007, 02:49:57 PM »
 :hearts:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2007, 06:54:23 PM »
Heres another one at FORT .. I have to tell you I do not recall this much pre-show-publicity ever :D !!

Offline lastgazeebo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2007, 07:22:49 PM »
Kynt and Vyxsin are definitely a "Hot Topic" lol

I really feel good about them, there is a sincerity to Vyxsin that i can really read in her words.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2007, 07:26:41 PM »
Of all the Buddy TV Interviews I have seen so far, I think this team has come out the other side of that the absolute best! They were funny, charming and sincere--and I wish them both a great ride!

To quote our other Kentucky team: I LIKE 'em! and cannot wait to see more of them on the race! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline lastgazeebo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2007, 10:56:55 PM »
i felt the same thing as i watched all the Buddy TV interviews!

without the fast editing, cool music, and challenges, the other teams didn't seem so......cool.  honestly they all seemed boring, self-obsessed, and extremely repetitive.

for a fun game, go and watch Nathan and Jennifer's video and count the # of times they say the word "competitive".

kynt and vyxsin sparkle like the glitter in their makeup.

they seem cool and comfortable, even without cool editing and music.  the other teams can't say the same......

PINK AND BLACK ATTACK

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2007, 04:40:23 PM »
LOL, this is from sucks and I found it funny;

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2007, 05:05:33 PM »
Credits to the fabulous Doc Minor for that fantastic chop! It made me giggle too!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2007, 12:26:08 AM »
Doc is awesome! Did you all know Doc is a she?

Time to ------ check ignition Team Rocket!!  :wohoo:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2007, 12:48:56 AM »
For some reason I think Gimmie More - Britney Spears would be a great theme song for these two.

I can picture it now...everytime they come on the screen:

IT'S KYNT & VYXSIN BITCH   :jam:

Offline lastgazeebo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2007, 01:50:04 AM »
it's Kynt and Vyxsin....BITCH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV7M-bPILQU

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2007, 05:33:23 PM »
Heres a Kynt & Vyxsin video, I'm trying to youtube it but I don't know if it will work.  :hearts:

Offline lastgazeebo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2007, 02:54:09 AM »
can you put the new INTRO to the Amazing Race on YouTube?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2007, 10:44:38 AM »
Hi lastgazeebo!

ROB very kindly did that for us OVER HERE !

:waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Aventus

• RFF Full Member
  • Jumping the shark?!.
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2007, 10:54:03 AM »
It is on Tube, too (for how long?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LISM-CgAKKg

ow, I Lol'ed on the chop
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 11:16:51 AM by Aventus »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2007, 09:27:06 AM »
Of all the Buddy TV Interviews I have seen so far, I think this team has come out the other side of that the absolute best! They were funny, charming and sincere--and I wish them both a great ride!

To quote our other Kentucky team: I LIKE 'em! and cannot wait to see more of them on the race! :hearts:

I can hardly believe it, but I absolutely agree. Kynt and Vyxsin are my favorite team. They are so refreshingly down to earth, clearly not mactors in any way. I don't know if they are real Goths, but who cares? The scene in Webclips where Kynt sneaks the can of makeup back in the bag is priceless. I think they look really good with minimal makeup, but I guess Ireland is the last time we will see that. I think they will go a long way in this competition.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2007, 12:54:18 PM »
I'm rooting for them big time. GOTHS FTW!!!!
Just here to visit.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2007, 06:50:09 PM »
Not yet sure who I'll root for the most, but I must agree with you, apskip, about the Goths being down to earth folks.  By Goth, I hope to see even more to like about them as the show progresses!  :yess:

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2007, 01:02:23 AM »
Thank you to the casting people at TAR for signing Kynt and Vyxsin on the show.  We absolutely love them.  The kids and I love their matching outfits and their makeup and at times Kynt seems so delicate.  I hope this team does well and I enjoy watching them in action.  They have a good attitude. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2007, 01:18:24 AM »
Bathfizzy  :-*
Is it just me or do The Goths give off Hippie, as in BJ & Tyler, vibes  :hearts: ?

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2007, 01:47:21 AM »
Hi Puddin  :waves:, yes you are right--they do give off the same vibe as the hippies.  I loved the hippies on the show and now I will have a new team to love and cheer on. :jumpy: :jumpy:

I have to say that it is hard for me to be on the board as I am trying to be spoiler free for both TAR and Survivor this time and the only way for me to really accomplish it is by not coming here.  But I love coming here and reading all the stuff you find.  So far so good--I have not gone to the dark side and peeked.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2007, 01:50:07 AM »
Well you are being a good girl Bathfizzy but really we don't know who wins this race but you just know who I want to win!  :jumpy: I don't think I've loved a team as much since Romber and my hippies  :hearts: