Author Topic: TAR12 TV Schedule~*now with football*  (Read 45862 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Schedule
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2007, 04:33:48 PM »
This article says it's an 11 ep run. 

The Super Bowl airs on Feb. 3/2008, so the latest it can air is probably Jan 27th.   If CBS is airing a playoff game on the 20th, that will be to TAR's benefit.

I want to talk about the AR12 schedule and the best place to start is on the date of the AFC AND NFC playoff games on Jan. 20. Since the first game typically starts at 3pm and the second one at 630pm and isn't over until 10pm, that would be a terrible time to schedule the TAR12 FINALE whether the second game was on CBS or FOX.

With 11 legs going straight through, AR12 would finish on Jan. 13 and avoid that problem. However, puddin's and other people's beloved Survivor has to be considered on Dec. 16. How is that going to happen? I don't know; it's not my problem, but if it were I would not allow a Survivor Reunion to displace AR12 and the Survivor two-part Finale would start after the Amazing Race that night. If my suggestion is not adopted, I can't see CBS giving away viewers and ratings to a Championship game if it's on FOX the evening of Jan. 20. Jan. 27 is an open date for football between the Championship Games and the Super Bowl. To have a one week break in AR12 is not unprecedented, but it would not be a good idea.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR12 TV Schedule~Listings
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 04:53:57 PM »
And there is the RECAP show to count as well--and puddin just confirmed that here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,13909.msg237346.html#msg237346

But I do think the Survivor schedule has been announced already? And with the reunion it is 3 hours? I would have to look to be sure but I think that is right...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2007, 05:16:53 PM »
straight from CBS~

CBS TO BROADCAST THE FINALE OF "SURVIVOR: CHINA" ON A SPECIAL NIGHT, SUNDAY, DEC. 16, 8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT
Jeff Probst Hosts "SURVIVOR: CHINA REUNION" Live From Los Angeles, 10:00-11:00 PM

CBS will broadcast the finale of SURVIVOR: CHINA on a special night and time, Sunday, Dec. 16 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT). 

The finale will be immediately followed by SURVIVOR: CHINA REUNION, hosted by Jeff Probst  live from Los Angeles (10:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT).  The program will mark the first time all 16 castaways will be together again since being in China.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 09:43:29 PM »
OK, that settles that part. The question of whether AR12 would be shown at 7pm or after football on Dec. 16, bumping 60 Minutes, is then the next possibility. I consider that unlikely.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2007, 10:14:02 PM »
Well if you go by the futoncritic, in the first post here, there are no listings for TAR12 on the 16th and they have been accurate in the past.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2007, 11:52:49 PM »
CBS would only bump 60 Minutes for the AFC Championship, the Super Bowl or Nuclear War, whichever comes first.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2007, 11:59:06 PM »
You always make me laugh! :funny:

The 27th is sounding possible to me: 13th + one week off for Survivor+one week off for recap show--

But will they want to take a week off during the holidays too?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 08:47:40 AM »
And go up against the Super Bowl on Feb. 3? No possible way any CBS programming executive would do that to the FINALE of a major series.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 11:48:34 AM »
You never know with CBS. They put Jericho up against behmoth American Idol almost killing the series. The people who run the network's programming dept. aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 12:30:27 PM »
I tend to agree that they won't run the finale against the Super Bowl. But they could  do a 2 hour episode or even a special night episode to catch up if they end up skipping another ep during the holidays. I'm going to hope for the 27th though!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2007, 09:59:58 PM »
:bump

thefutoncritic is projecting 1/20/08 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1211) as the finale.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2007, 10:15:55 PM »
OK, let's count up the one hour episodes:

Nov. 4
Nov. 11
Nov. 18
Nov. 25
Dec. 2
Dec. 9
Dec. 23
Dec. 30 (thanks Gman)
Jan. 4
Jan. 13
Jan. 20

That's 11 episodes, so I guess I was somehow miscounting earlier. It looks like the vaunted futoncritic is likely to be right.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 06:28:40 PM by apskip »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2007, 10:16:44 PM »
straight from CBS~

CBS TO BROADCAST THE FINALE OF "SURVIVOR: CHINA" ON A SPECIAL NIGHT, SUNDAY, DEC. 16, 8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT
Jeff Probst Hosts "SURVIVOR: CHINA REUNION" Live From Los Angeles, 10:00-11:00 PM

CBS will broadcast the finale of SURVIVOR: CHINA on a special night and time, Sunday, Dec. 16 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT). 

The finale will be immediately followed by SURVIVOR: CHINA REUNION, hosted by Jeff Probst  live from Los Angeles (10:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT).  The program will mark the first time all 16 castaways will be together again since being in China.

Heck, that is alright with me.  Now I will only miss the TAR show on Dec. 9 while I'm in Europe.

And I'm sure you mean Dec. 30 coming after Dec. 23.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2007, 12:51:19 AM »
TPorter reported this at TARflies:

My CBS friend told me that TAR will be pre-empted on 12/16 for the Survivor finale and that it may possbily get moved aside at some point in January for prime time football playoffs. They think 1/27 is likely for the finale, because 2/3 is the Super Bowl. FWIW.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2007, 10:01:25 AM »
I would think that would be true. I can go through one week of TAR withdrawal.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2007, 10:09:07 AM »
Do you think a January move due to football is likely??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2007, 10:17:17 AM »
Yeah because CBS usually runs a 60 Minutes special opposite the Super Bowl and then runs repeats until 10 p.m.

Running a January finale makes total sense.
Just here to visit.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2007, 10:21:33 AM »
Do you think a January move due to football is likely??

heres my guess for the afc playoffs on cbs.
sunday january 7th cbs should have the late game because fox last year had the late game
sunday january 14th cbs should have the early game because they have the sat night game this year on the 13th
sunday january 21 cbs should have the early game because they had the late game last year for the afc title game. it usually switches off year to year.

so a move is possible

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2007, 03:41:47 PM »
To All Amazing Race Fans,

MARK YOUR CALENDARS – The finale date for Amazing Race 12 has been confirmed for Sunday, January 20th and we are working on the details now for another fun evening of sharing our passion for The Amazing Race with other fans and former racers.  The party will be held in the beautiful private showroom at Dave & Buster’s in Orange where we will be able to watch the finale on the giant 12 foot screen and cheer on our favorite team.

The website (www.westcoasttarfinale.com) will be updated shortly so be sure to look for the Early Bird specials to get a great deal on an evening with some of your favorite (and maybe not so favorite) Amazing Race racers and the fans that love them (or love to hate them)!

We are also excited to announce that Chip McAllister (TAR5 Winner) has agreed to return as our incredible Master of Ceremonies which will definitely make it a night to remember.

In case you missed the fun from last season, check out the pictures on our website here:  Amazing Race All Stars - Orange County Finale Party Pictures.

Hope to see you on January 20th!

The TAR12 Orange County Finale Viewing Party Team

P.S.  For those that may need hotel accommodations, the Doubletree Hotel Anaheim/Orange County is in the same complex as Dave & Buster’s at 100 The City Drive, Orange, California.  Their phone number is 714-634-4500 or you can make reservations online at www.doubletree.com.   We have not reserved a group rate for this season’s event because their Internet rates are actually cheaper than the group rate that was offered.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP 9: "I Just Hope He Doesn't Croak On Us"
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2007, 08:48:57 PM »
The NFL playoff schedule is now out.

The thing we are concerned with next Sunday, CBS has the late game, Tennessee or my Browns at San Diego at 4:30 p.m. Sunday. I don't think the game will end on time so the TAR start time will most likely be around 8:45 p.m.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR12 TV Schedule~*now with football*
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2008, 05:10:04 PM »
CBS Entertainment Releases

01.02.2008 CBS PROGRAMMING ADVISORY FOR SUNDAY, JANUARY 6

*7:00-7:30 PM ET       NFL WILDCARD PLAYOFF GAME:  Tennessee @ San Diego

*7:30-8:30 PM ET       60 MINUTES

*8:30-9:30 PM ET       THE AMAZING RACE 12

*9:30-10:30 PM ET     COLD CASE

*10:30-11:30 PM ET   SHARK

* Please note new start times for Eastern time zone.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2008, 07:45:25 PM »
Do not be misled into thinking that those start times are solid for the Eastern Time Zone. The Tennessee vs. San Diego playoff game does not start until 430pm. What is the probability it will be over by 730pm? About 35% in my judgment. You should program your TIVOs to start at 830pm but also program Cold Case following to cover the probable late start by making sure that you get the ending.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2008, 09:56:51 PM »
My NFL sources tell me the kickoff is slated for 4:40 p.m. Three hours make 7:40 p.m. If the game is close, then it will not end until 7:45 p.m. at the earliest. Keep an eye out for your CBS Eye-lerts.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2008, 10:20:07 AM »
tvguide is farking with us ! The dates have always been off 1 day so thats nothing new but it now says 12 episodes, not that I believe it but it would send the tarcon people into panic mode  :geekon:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2008, 12:01:33 PM »
Maybe the ratings have been so good, CBS decided to add an episode? Nah.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.