Author Topic: EP1: Nov 4th 'Donkeys Have Souls, Too'  (Read 98110 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP1: Nov 4th 'Donkeys Have Souls, Too'
« Reply #225 on: November 01, 2007, 12:42:56 AM »
I've been lurking for ages and finally I am going to post!!! ^^ As much as I want Ari & Staella to go there's a bigger chance that the sisters might go home first due to their absence in the previews. Ari & Staella can be seen in Ireland, the sisters? nope!!! Well, I hope I'm wrong because I always root for a female team to win!!!
Absence might be a good thing? Personally I dont want any team to go.

Another El Crappo video from CBS~

the only new stuff as far as I can tell~

Offline manilaguna

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #226 on: November 01, 2007, 05:26:59 AM »
Puddin!!! thanks for replying! I know in TAR, absence is a good thing but not usually in the 1st episode. But I hope I'm really wrong because I like the sisters!!! I can still remember in TAR6, they focused Avi & Joe and limited the previews for Gus & Hera, and the former was eliminated first. I think places 10 & 11 will be between Ari & Staella and the sisters.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #227 on: November 01, 2007, 08:41:30 AM »
A poster PradaM at TWOP has stated that Ari and Staella get eliminated because "they get a broken donkey." It is not clear whether that is a statement of fact or a forecast.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 08:45:50 AM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #228 on: November 01, 2007, 08:42:08 AM »
:welcome2: manilaguna! We are glad you delurked and look forward to seeing more of you! :waves:

I too always hate it so much for the first team to go out...I always wish we could have gotten to know them a little better first!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline manilaguna

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #229 on: November 01, 2007, 09:24:16 AM »
thanks georgiapeach!!! I'm so happy I finally posted here! I used to post at sucks since SURVIVOR AFRICA and TAR5!!! NOW, I'm back lol but my sembreak will be over soon so I might not be abe to watch TAR12 on tv! Nevertheless, I will still post here and maybe just watch it on youtube! BELATED HAPPY HALLOWEEN btw ^^

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #230 on: November 01, 2007, 10:31:49 AM »
A poster PradaM at TWOP has stated that Ari and Staella get eliminated because "they get a broken donkey." It is not clear whether that is a statement of fact or a forecast.
It's too bad no one said, "MY DONKEY IS BROKEN!"
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #231 on: November 01, 2007, 11:18:50 AM »
haha shades of Gretchen  :jam:
fwiw there was a spoiler of sorts posted at alt.tv on Oct 24th:
With the possibility the guys running the site were testing things
out, I noticed one of the teams was blacked out...and no, I'm not
joking here. Then I decided to refresh the page 5 seconds later, and
then they weren't blacked out anymore. Is it possible they could be
the first ones eliminated from the race? If this is true, it's going
to make me angry seeing I was spoiled too early.

Well, I'll tell you right now, here's the team it was they temporarily
had blacked out: Ari and Staella

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #232 on: November 01, 2007, 11:28:13 AM »
jeffthecd=Caplock  :rotf:
I'm usually wrong on these things, but I'll stick with my original guess: goodbye preachers.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #233 on: November 01, 2007, 01:49:10 PM »
jeffthecd=Caplock  :rotf:
I'm usually wrong on these things, but I'll stick with my original guess: goodbye preachers.

If you look at the preview vidcaps for Ep 2 you will see that everyone is accounted for except for Ari and Staella.  So the conclusion must be that they are eliminated in Ep 1 since there are no NELs this year.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #234 on: November 01, 2007, 01:58:29 PM »
I've been lurking for ages and finally I am going to post!!! ^^ As much as I want Ari & Staella to go there's a bigger chance that the sisters might go home first due to their absence in the previews. Ari & Staella can be seen in Ireland, the sisters? nope!!! Well, I hope I'm wrong because I always root for a female team to win!!!

Actually the sisters are seen in various situations in Ireland: on the bikes built for two, on the high wire roadblock and with the donkey.

On the other hand they appear in the Ep 2 preview vidcaps, but Ari and Staella are nowhere to be seen in The Netherlands.

Offline bingo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #235 on: November 01, 2007, 04:35:19 PM »
Yea there are no vid caps of the sisters doing the roadblock, but i was watching one of the previews and the sisters are shown doing the roadblock and one of them yells "This is what i'm talking about"!

Also i dont know if it was corrected but on the first page, that picture labeled Julia and Mariana on the bikes its um Ari and Staella.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #236 on: November 02, 2007, 12:38:47 AM »
From this article~

*The start from the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles is one massive pileup of players and cars, enlivened when half the teams end up speeding the wrong way. But being first at the airport doesn’t mean being first off the ground. As this episode proves, so much of the “Race” can fall on sheer chance.

*The stress of the competition heightens existing tensions in some couples - as with dating duo Nathan and Jennifer, who turn on each other with numbing frequency, and draws out devotion in others, such as 58-year-old father Ronald and his daughter Christina. “The Amazing Race” doubles as travelogue and psychology test - asses be damned.

*In the debut, the contestants jet to Ireland, where they must bike across a high wire over a 200-foot drop above the Atlantic Ocean. The stunt seems insanely dangerous, yet each team checks its fears and attacks it with gusto.

*In the climactic showdown of the 12th season opener --the 11 teams are forced to pick donkeys to carry peat to a checkpoint.
It doesn’t sound funny on paper, but it’s hysterical on video.
This hack can’t attest to whether donkeys have souls, as one contestant says, but they definitely have personalities - and they seem to be excellent judges of character.
A couple refuse to budge no matter how much pleading, pushing and pulling from the contestants.
But “The Amazing Race” is more than just watching asses, four-legged or otherwise, behave badly.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: November 02, 2007, 08:10:41 AM »
Those wishing to see some of Ireland that will apparently not be on AR12 can watch Your Travel Guide, on at 1130am to 1200pm today on the Travel Channel, featuring DUBLIN today on a premiere show.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #238 on: November 02, 2007, 11:51:13 AM »
From this article~

*Among the obstacles teams faces: each other and a donkey. Nathan, who once cheated on boyfriend Jen, makes Jen upset by complaining about her slow running speed, saying "every other girl..."
"Don't compare me to other girls!" Jen exclaims.
Later in Sunday's premiere, Nate has a similar effect on a donkey.

*Mean, snarky Ari also has a tiff with another donkey, saying, "If you make me lose this, I'm gonna cut you up and eat you."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #239 on: November 02, 2007, 12:03:48 PM »
More from this article~

* At the start, the dynamics tend to fall into familiar refrains: guys who won't stop and ask for directions, young women who intend to flirt their way to the front, and teams that steal other teams' taxicabs-
*If they'd paid attention to other seasons of this show, they'd know that wrong turns can kill you, flirting doesn't work in cold rainy climates, and, as on "My Name Is Earl," karma has a way of leveling the playing field.
*One team, two ministers married to each other, roam the Irish countryside remarking on the beauty of God's landscapes - and they're lesbians.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: November 02, 2007, 12:06:26 PM »
One of the articles linked to our site refers to the fact that starting in the lead group intended to arrive first does not always result that way. I interpret that as meaning that the British Airways flights either LAX to Heathrow or Heathrow to Shannon is somehow delayed and the teams that were on it landed after teams going Aer Lingus LAX to Dublin and Dublin to Shannon.

Offline bingo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #241 on: November 02, 2007, 12:11:48 PM »
I agree and it looks [please correct me if im wrong] both our teams in jepordy are on that flight!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #242 on: November 02, 2007, 08:24:05 PM »
It looks like it was registered this year in Galway county.
:) thanks Slowhatch!

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #243 on: November 02, 2007, 08:47:39 PM »

Note the yellow and red sticker in the windscreen of the car in the second picture.  This is the same as the one seen in the vehicle behind both the ministers and Ari and Staella when they seem to be arriving at the pit stop and welcome mat.  Do they drive themselves to this location at the end of the ep?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #244 on: November 02, 2007, 09:08:06 PM »

Note the yellow and red sticker in the windscreen of the car in the second picture.  This is the same as the one seen in the vehicle behind both the ministers and Ari and Staella when they seem to be arriving at the pit stop and welcome mat.  Do they drive themselves to this location at the end of the ep?

No they drive to where the Roadblock & Donkey task are Gman .. thats the place that I can't find.  :'(  (:;)  :pull  :knuckles:  :umn:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #245 on: November 02, 2007, 09:15:00 PM »
I thought they started the donkey task after the roadblock high-wire ride.  Don't we have pix of Ari and Staella; the Goths, and Nathan and Jennifer starting the donkey thing with the structure at the end of the high-wire and clue box in the background?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #246 on: November 02, 2007, 09:17:59 PM »
I thought they started the donkey task after the roadblock high-wire ride.  Don't we have pix of Ari and Staella; the Goths, and Nathan and Jennifer starting the donkey thing with the structure at the end of the high-wire and clue box in the background?
Thats what I said  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #247 on: November 02, 2007, 09:19:27 PM »

I think you meant TK & Rachel not Ari & Staella.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #248 on: November 02, 2007, 09:22:05 PM »
Right.  I still don't have them all straight in my mind.  The scene I'm talking about are the ones when they seem to be by the same type of stone wall as we see at the mat.  But again looking at the vidcaps (I don't have the full action video) there may be a donkey between TK and the two cars. It just doesn't look like it is out in the wild by the roaring sea.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2007, 09:28:07 PM »
Yes theres a donkey Gman --this is the pitstop -- this is the place I can't find.

[attachment deleted by admin]