Author Topic: EP1: Nov 4th 'Donkeys Have Souls, Too'  (Read 98148 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP1: Nov 4th 'Donkeys Have Souls, Too'
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2007, 05:21:53 PM »
Gman, I have recanted that determination of July 10th.  Here is what they wrote (Puddin's find)

Today we took a quick train ride to nearby Haarlem. Quick side story: Hazen borrowed a book from a hostel in Switzerland for something to read on our hikes. It was an excellent book called the "Hiding Place" written by Corrie Ten Boom. The Ten Boom family was a Christian family in Haarlem that helped countless people escape Nazi persicution. Corrie was the head of the Dutch underground and promoted passive tactics. They were eventually betrayed and sent to concentration camps where her father and sister were murdered. Side story Over. When we found out we would be in Amsterdam we decided to visit her house. We were able to enter and it is much like it was during Nazi Occupation. It is now run by a non-profit devout Christian organization. All in all it was an inspirational visit.
We just got done with a walking tour of Amsterdam. Unfortunately it was not as good as the Berlin tour but it was still very interesting. We think we saw some participants from the Amazing Race running through town with a cameraman and sound guy following close behind.

And they posted it on the 11th.  Which I had dismissed since they don't have any material in their blog that points to a day between seeing the Tour de France on the 9th and their "Today".

So, now, I believe the "Today" really was July 11th.   :groan:

Sorry for the error  :'(

Check our spoilers thread, first post, I corrected it last night making Amsterdam the 11th. It all makes sense now but did not before because we did not know what location was followed by what location. It was corrected before it happened and there is nothing to be sorry about! We try our best and worked with limited information and have been more right than wrong. Hey we are not perfect here and never claimed to be. 
Our CSI: Amazing Race detectives rule!! :hearts:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2007, 07:49:20 PM »
There might be some self-drive this leg (besides the bunny hop, I mean). The blondes are in a small store: one is holding a map of Ireland and they are...asking directions, maybe? (no sound from the clip, only voiceover). It's 75 miles from SNN to Rossaveal, the ferry port.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2007, 08:14:19 PM »
Now this makes sense -- :pedaler:

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2007, 09:07:14 PM »
Looks like poor navigation may be the downfall of another team  :groan:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2007, 11:02:33 PM »
Now if it isnt to much to ask!!! Can I please have a list of all places visited can someone P.M it to me!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2007, 11:08:18 PM »
Now if it isnt to much to ask!!! Can I please have a list of all places visited can someone P.M it to me!!
This is your bible Click here! Read it learn it love it  :lol:! I try to update it as we get new info which is almost daily.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2007, 11:26:10 PM »
Puddin:  we seem to be the only ones still alive.  Did not see any new promos today, but since I was watching the Redskins get skinned by the Patriots, and the Red Sox down the Rockies, I recorded everything and will check for anything new later today.

Things are looking better for our rundown of ep one.  Always lots of questions, but since we have an extra day now, more and more things are coming together.  Tradition rules.  Which means:  at least 90 minutes (no way can they cover everything in only 60 minutes read 45 minutes) and the second day overnight wait to complete tasks on the third day should hold.

Weather conditions, clothing changes, backpacks and no backpacks hint that we have two days on the Aran island.

If they self-drive from Shannon  to Rossaveal (75 miles) that should take about at least one and a half hours and the ferry ride is two hours.  So if they arrive mid afternoon at SNN either from Dublin or London, fird cars, and get lost (sure looks that way now for one team) that would make their arrival in Aran pretty late, and too late to do everything in one day.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 11:35:55 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2007, 11:33:33 PM »
Thank-You kindly puddin!! Lithuiania cool!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2007, 11:37:54 PM »
Sorry I was watching Nascar Gman and what a RACE it was :pedaler:  :yess: !!
The only thing I saw was a pic in pic that showed Azaria and Hendekea doing the highwire/roadblock and Henry :lol: ? --was doing the Roadblock with Azaria along for the ride.
I'm not buying a 90 minute episode..sorry Gman  :'( .

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2007, 11:42:32 PM »
Darn that CBS--we keep telling them that 42 minutes isn't enough!

I do wonder if this will be a TBC though....they said NO NEL's so I have my doubts--but I would love it!

I always hate it when we lose the "so long...we hardly knew ye"  team!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2007, 11:46:36 PM »
tvguide -- 60 minutes  :(

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2007, 11:49:27 PM »
Isnt it inevetable that there are 2 TBC because 11 teams...that means 9 legs 8 eliminations 1 final what are the last two legs for?. I am betting on a TBC first leg but the teams are still carrying on in Ireland, simply because it is to hard as Gman said for there to be a long drive to Rossaveal and then all the tasks to be performed and for there to be a ferry ride to Aran, we will just have to see...Only 6 days to go!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2007, 11:57:03 PM »
If it were TBC they would  GO GO GO -- I don't think they would show us the teams high-5'ing at the pitstop nor confessionals and to top it off tvguide says "Netherlands" EP2.

confessionals
Kate & Pat "Amazing Race is a love letter to the planet"
  Jenny " Do I want to spend the rest of my life with someone thats going to treat me like that!?"
Ron " I didn't want to disappoint her"
  Team Goth "We're kind of like little gothic energizer bunnies"

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2007, 12:33:08 AM »
Yip thanks Puddin I have just been looking through that. Well that obviously means they are going to have to us some nifty video work to get it to 42 minutes

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2007, 12:55:28 AM »
Well I know I should just be glad we are getting any TAR--but a 90 minute start would have been SO nice!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2007, 01:23:34 AM »
Would it ever, I know for a fact that we havent had that for a while and it really should be a 90 min special

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2007, 11:02:45 AM »
Nice video here : Inis Oírr Video

St. Enda would make a nice pitstop --

Tobar Einne - or St. Enda's Well
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 11:07:55 AM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2007, 11:14:25 AM »
Isnt it inevetable that there are 2 TBC because 11 teams...that means 9 legs 8 eliminations 1 final what are the last two legs for?. I am betting on a TBC first leg but the teams are still carrying on in Ireland, simply because it is to hard as Gman said for there to be a long drive to Rossaveal and then all the tasks to be performed and for there to be a ferry ride to Aran, we will just have to see...Only 6 days to go!!!

Kiwi Jay, you are correct as far as you go. However, it needs to be taken the next step. After 8 legs you have had 8 eliminations, which is the minimum to arrive at the 3 teams for the FINALE, which would be the 9th leg. You then could have as many more TBC legs as the producers desire. With the timelines I have been doing, I believe that there are 12 legs. That means that there will be 3 optional TBCs.

Where will they be? I am pretty sure that one of them will be coming out of Alaska, where I had allowed an extra day. GMAN is convinced that the amount of material plus the team introductions overwhelms one hour for Episode 1, so that is a logical place for a second one. Another place where I had thought of and specified a REST DAY is Florence. This is the most probable arrangement of TBCs, although the Episode 1 one could have been substituted by one after Vilnius, the UNKNOWN location, or going into Osaka..
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 11:19:26 AM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2007, 12:33:20 PM »
because I like them --

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2007, 12:44:44 PM »

Kiwi Jay, you are correct as far as you go. However, it needs to be taken the next step. After 8 legs you have had 8 eliminations, which is the minimum to arrive at the 3 teams for the FINALE, which would be the 9th leg. You then could have as many more TBC legs as the producers desire. With the timelines I have been doing, I believe that there are 12 legs. That means that there will be 3 optional TBCs.

Where will they be? I am pretty sure that one of them will be coming out of Alaska, where I had allowed an extra day. GMAN is convinced that the amount of material plus the team introductions overwhelms one hour for Episode 1, so that is a logical place for a second one. Another place where I had thought of and specified a REST DAY is Florence. This is the most probable arrangement of TBCs, although the Episode 1 one could have been substituted by one after Vilnius, the UNKNOWN location, or going into Osaka..

Grinwood or Greenwood? Alaska sounds like a profitable stop as it may take 2 days out there, Other Ideas: Florence and Osaka, Japan maybe?

But pardon me to mention I recall there being 11 legs from various places were does your updated 12 legs come from??

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2007, 01:16:16 PM »
Kiwi Jay, I'll give you the same advice I gave to mushpants recently: READ THE THREADS carefully. You just might find on the SPECULATION TIMETABLES something interesting.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2007, 02:31:37 PM »
Yip thanks Puddin I have just been looking through that. Well that obviously means they are going to have to us some nifty video work to get it to 42 minutes

If this really turns out to be only a one hour program; don't blink or you will miss something (like the quick opening montages - one frame, one shot)  The intros and airport gigs average about 20 minutes.  That doesn't leave much time for the flight to Dublin, connect to Shannon, drive to the ferry port (1:30) ferry ride to Aran (2:00), long bike rides, high-wire stunt, donkey load and lead, move on to matt, confessionals, etc. Just don't see how they can do it, unless the editing is mightly fine.

Some new observations from Sunday promos (only the new stuff, but CBS is promoting the hell out of TAR12 - but they have to reach the non-CBS audience somehow; this will be hard since most print medea was at the press before the announcement was made.)

Shot of Nathan and Jennifer walking down village street (they seem to be leaving village)  It is raining They are dressed in outfit no. 2: she is wearing the Red bandana and white wind breaker; he is wearing the black windbreaker with white under arms.  Both have backpacks.  This looks to be before we see them on a hilly field with stone walls embracing.  When they are walking toward camera she says something and runs ahead.  From the way they are dressed this must be on a different day that the one they do the three tasks. Are the looking for the Inn for the overnight stay and are they lost?

In a PinP which isn't very clear, Jennifer in her green sweat shirt with the white windbreaker tied around her waist, is using a long pole to vault over a water-filled ditch.  There are people behind her, and some others across the ditch.  No idea what this is about. Don't recognize any of the people.
I just saw the tvguide post on the thread for ep two in the Netherlands.  Could this be what Jennifer is doing?  Not quite as athletic as the one shown, but it seems to match.  And makes more sense because it doesn't fit in ep one.

In the Inn where teams are greeting eachother, is that the tall, skinny grandson, Nicholas in the back?  No one else seems to  be that tall.  If this is true, than we have four teams intermixed here.

Quick shot of Jason peddling a bike with a cart in front.  Lorena is sitting in the cart holding what looks like travel instructions.  Looks like Aran but could be somewhere else in Ireland. The have their backpacks with them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 02:37:55 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2007, 02:36:14 PM »
In a PinP which isn't very clear, Jennifer in her green sweat shirt with the white windbreaker tied around her waist, is using a long pole to vault over a water-filled ditch.  There are people behind her, and some others across the ditch.  No idea what this is about. Don't recognize any of the people.
I missed that one Gman! I'll see if my friend has it. Sounds like EP2 to me  :jumpy:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2007, 02:36:52 PM »
Oh gosh! I want to see that video!! :jumpy:

The pole-vaulting is Netherlands G-man--we have been discussing it in the EP 2 thread!

A promo with next time already?? What the?? Puddin--will you grab it if you can? :please:

Thanks G-man for telling us about it!! :hugs:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2007, 02:41:31 PM »
are you sure the pole vaulting wasn't something like this Gman?