Author Topic: EP1: Nov 4th 'Donkeys Have Souls, Too'  (Read 97877 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR12 EP1 Nov 4 'Donkeys Have Souls, Too'
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2007, 06:13:10 PM »
does shana think shes riding a horse with that arm movent.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2007, 06:18:05 PM »
Teammates Jennifer Parker (left) and Nathan Hagstrom (right) pause to read a clue during the premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 12

Teammates TK Erwin (left) and Rachel Rosales (right) must load a donkey and lead it down a country road in order to receive their next clue, during premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 12

Teammates Kynt Cothron (left) and Vyxsin Fiala (right) must load a donkey and lead it down a country road in order to receive their next clue, during premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 12

Vyxsin Fiala must load a donkey and lead it down a country road in order to receive their next clue, during premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 12

Teammates Staella Gianakakos (left) and Ari Bonias (right) must load a donkey and lead it down a country road in order to receive their next clue, during premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 12

Teammates Nathan Hagstrom (left) and Jennifer Parker (right) must load a donkey and lead it down a country road in order to receive their next clue, during premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 12

I think thats it  :waves:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2007, 06:45:26 PM »
Well, the pile-o'-peat is confirmed.  ;D
It looks like a breakdown of two large groups, depending on flight?ferry?. Some of the caps with Donald (dirty face from loading the peat), the Hsus, etc., show bad weather (I know, the weather can change fast).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2007, 08:22:36 PM »
Survivor is over back to TAR! Good call Slowhatch!!

You can clearly see the RB set up behind the donkeys so RB then Donkeys where do the bikes come in?
Jenn & Nate on bikes then with the donkey. They have to ride the bikes to the RB?
Maybe no detour option just RB EP1?

« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 08:53:52 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2007, 08:43:13 PM »
That fourth shot down is a great shot--It has the peat, the zippy Bike line, the cluebox, AND a nice view of the shoreline!

Come on you GE people--I KNOW you can find this! :hearts:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 09:09:59 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2007, 08:48:38 PM »
Are those other teams in the background or just production/randoms?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2007, 08:57:13 PM »
Are those other teams in the background or just production/randoms?
I see some camera people as well as a team probably coming across /RB

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2007, 08:57:44 PM »
I just can't make the Arans fit. There's an Inis Mor aerial below and an Aran gallery here:rocks, rocks, and more rocks. I'd have an easier time matching the Goth donkey.  :knuckles:  :knight (no donkey smileys)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2007, 09:18:28 PM »
Well I might be able to come up with a donkey but a Goth smiley? I dunno  :lol:?
oh and thanks peachs  :kuss:

This belongs here
A commercial thanks to ROB when ready but I'm not sure which one it is.

Online Videos by Veoh.com

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2007, 09:21:40 PM »
I just can't make the Arans fit. There's an Inis Mor aerial below and an Aran gallery here:rocks, rocks, and more rocks. I'd have an easier time matching the Goth donkey.  :knuckles:  :knight (no donkey smileys)
Maybe the Aran Island Ferry is just that? Just a pretty introflash?

OR not  :lol:? I have to organize these pictures!  :-[

« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 09:26:09 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2007, 09:50:48 PM »
Or maybe the Aran island ferry in this case doesn't go to the Aran's? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2007, 10:51:43 PM »
I wonder if the high-wire, death-defying task is actually a ROADBLOCK?  or just a task all teams must perform.  I don't recall an actual Roadblock in any previous ep one.  Correct me, please if I am wrong.

I have isolated the other two tasks and the teams doing them:

(1) Ride the Bike: Nathan and Jennifer
                         Ari and Staella
                         Jason and Lorena
                         Kynth and Vyxsin

(2) Lead the Donkey: Nathan and Jennifer
                               Ari and Staella
                               Marianna and Julia
                               Azaria and Hendekea

Add also:

Kynt and Vyxsin
                               TK and Rachel

If this is indeed a DETOUR, then it looks like Nathan and Jennifer and Ari and Staella started off with the Donkey and then changed and tried the bike task.  But we now have Kynt and Vyxsin doing both tasks so it looks both Bike and Donkey tasks must be done by all teams.

And these two tasks must overlap since we see Jason and Lorena riding on the bike passing Ari and Staella pushing the Donkey up the trail.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 11:05:51 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2007, 10:54:02 PM »

moved to page one of this thread

« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 01:58:53 AM by puddin »

Kiwi Jay

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2007, 10:57:05 PM »
puddin thanks for the photos that is amazing!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2007, 11:57:29 PM »
yqw Kiwi

fwiw this is Nathan & Jenny and if this is the pitstop that is a donkey or horse or something with 4 legs  :lol:

and on a second look it might not be the pitstop because Ron & Christina are at it so nevermind!

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 12:00:57 AM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2007, 12:06:45 AM »
Well the two ferries DRAíOCHT NA FARRAIGE and and the sister ship CEOL NA FARRAIGE are apparently custom jobs, so I doubt there's any lookalikes anywhere else in Ireland. So we're stuck with the Arans.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2007, 12:23:10 AM »
Thats not such a bad thing Slowhatch  :lol:!

Hey check this out! I say the Ministers are safe!
  A very happy Kate & Pat *cough*

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2007, 12:28:38 AM »
What's in the background? A road? A lake maybe?

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2007, 12:42:29 AM »
That fourth shot down is a great shot--It has the peat, the zippy Bike line, the cluebox, AND a nice view of the shoreline!

Come on you GE people--I KNOW you can find this! :hearts:

No dice this time, peach.  The Aran Islands are, as they say, in the "fuzzies" on Google Earth.  The low resolution images really don't help much.  Looks like the "Tar detectives" need to use some old fashion "elbow grease" to solve this.   :snicker:

Do I detect some "second thoughts" about Aran Islands?  Oh yee of little faith.  You're folding like a house of cards.   :lol3:  You got till the 4th, plenty of time to tie up the loose ends.  For me, I need a drink.   :lol:  :jam:

:waves:  puddin
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 12:51:49 AM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2007, 12:45:58 AM »
If you have realplayer beta you can go to CBS and download the promo its pretty clear.

Hey Boingo!  :waves:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2007, 01:50:03 AM »
 B:) B:) IMO Pat & Kate are safe EP1 because of the happy dance at the pitstop so that leaves us with potentials--

VERY SAFE!
Kynt Cothron and Vyxsin Fiala/Dating  -- in the final 7?  --Dubrovnik
Azaria Azene and Hendekea Azene/ Brother & Sister ---  last of the final 7?- -- out in  --Dubrovnik ?
Nicolas Fulks and Donald Jerousek/Grandson-Grandfather -- in the final 7?  --Dubrovnik
Ronald Hsu and Christina Hsu/ Father & Daughter --- in the final 7?  --Dubrovnik
*He THINKS that there was an Asian team far behind or eliminated already because he was a good listener--Taiwan
*he was literally 2 feet away from the blond racer and he heard the girl say something like “I wonder what the Asians would say if they came to this place”.  --Taiwan
Jennifer Parker and Nathan Hagstrom/Dating
??M/F team who were close in age so could have been boyfriend/girlfriend or brother/sister --Dubrovnik
*he describes as another couple which consists of a blond girl --Taiwan
*He just notices a blond woman with a man(he didnt really see the man's face). --Taiwan
Rachel Rosales and TK Erwin/Dating   --- in the final 7?  --Dubrovnik
*he thinks that Lorena and Jason were in but is not sure because he could only recognize the long hair.-- Taiwan
*He describes the couple as a brunette woman and a man.  He said that the man seemed very athletic and fit-- Taiwan
Azaria Azene and Hendekea Azene/ Brother & Sister ---  last of the final 7?- -- out in  --Dubrovnik

Might be safe
Lorena Segura and Jason Widener/Dating
??M/F team who were close in age so could have been boyfriend/girlfriend or brother/sister --Dubrovnik
*he thinks that Lorena and Jason were in but is not sure because he could only recognize the long hair.-- Taiwan
*He describes the couple as a brunette woman and a man.  He said that the man seemed very athletic and fit-- Taiwan

vulnerable
Marianna Ruiz and Julia Ruiz/sisters --
??F/F there were the girls who were wearing tight warm-up pants/aka LA Blondes? --Burkina Faso
??F/F There were at least one F/F team. --Dubrovnik
Shana Wall and Jennifer McCall/Friends --
??F/F there were the girls who were wearing tight warm-up pants/aka LA Blondes? --Burkina Faso
??F/F There were at least one F/F team. --Dubrovnik
Ari Bonias and Staella Gianakakos/Best Friends

My guess~ Marianna Ruiz and Julia Ruiz but have now changed to Ari and Staella but am not sure either way.

eta: oops forgot about Azaria and Hendekea Azene
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 10:44:02 PM by puddin »

Kiwi Jay

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2007, 03:14:13 AM »
No I hope not I think Ari and Staella

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2007, 07:34:02 AM »
puddin, coming out of Dubrovnik, there can be only 6 teams left unless a TBC was used (which I doubt in one of the first 6 legs). If all the teams in the top 2 categories make it, there are no slots left. Going into Taipei there are 4 teams left unless a TBC was used.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2007, 01:34:31 PM »

If this is indeed a DETOUR, then it looks like Nathan and Jennifer and Ari and Staella started off with the Donkey and then changed and tried the bike task.  But we now have Kynt and Vyxsin doing both tasks so it looks both Bike and Donkey tasks must be done by all teams.

And these two tasks must overlap since we see Jason and Lorena riding on the bike passing Ari and Staella pushing the Donkey up the trail.

I have to correct myself.  Upon further review, it now appears that CBEss has done some fancy digital editing and added in the shot of Ari and Staella and their donkey into the background of Jason and Lorena riding their bike.  So the two tasks DO NOT OVERLAP.

The shot of Nathan and Jennifer embracing must come at some later time:  She has exchanged her green bandana for a red one.

Also in the BG of the teams loading up the donkeys, the structure in the background is part of the death-defying high-wire bike stunt, but  is it the landing area or the takeoff area?  It doesn't seem to match the area seen in shots of Nathan and Jennifer and the Goths landing.  But the clue box is there by gum.

The more I see the promos (five times last night) the more I am convinced that this visit to Ireland is going to be a two-day, TBC.  Too much to do, trip to Aran, three tasks, pit stop arrivals, team intros, arrival in Ireland, weather changes, etc. all crammed into 44 minutes of  air time
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 01:42:32 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2007, 01:56:09 PM »
:waves: this is work in progress --I am still working on it. I have album upon album to sort through.

Of course BIG credits to our Amazing Detectives and everyone else that has helped pull this together!!  :jam:

Good work, wench of mine.  But you could also add the shot of the Aer Lingus plane taking off.  So it looks like speculation of two groups could be possible.  One on Aer Lingus, the other on British Air.