Author Topic: EP1: Nov 4th 'Donkeys Have Souls, Too'  (Read 97871 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR12 EP1 Nov 4 'Donkeys Have Souls, Too'
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 12:58:37 PM »
ummmmmm peach thrifty was in boston and said they switched filming, then you called lax and lied and said they cant talk about anything

Ahem--That would be THEY lied!  :lol3:

But you are right--I hadn't checked my book--I think they just didn't tell me anything....

something to lines of they couldnt answer your question at parkone and the guy got nervous. peach i remeber this stuff :lol:

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
  • Now all we need is The Amazing Race Canada!
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 02:09:06 PM »
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
  • Now all we need is The Amazing Race Canada!
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007, 03:22:54 PM »
Does anyone else think the CBS sites have been getting kinda crappy lately?
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 03:51:58 PM »
Does anyone else think the CBS sites have been getting kinda crappy lately?
big time  especially cmpared to the other networks

and watching shows on CBS is crappy too compared against ABC/NBC

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2007, 05:27:37 PM »
Looking at those vidcaps again - there seems to be an awful lot of activity going on in Ireland for just one hour.  Remember all the teams have to be introduced with hometown footage, etc.  Phil has to get them on their way, and they have to get to LAX and then on to Ireland. 

Lots of stuff seems to be going on then in Ireland.  But schedule only gives one hour to ep no. one.

Could it be a TBC?  Wrap up Ireland, and perhaps jaunt over to Isle of Mann or Aran in ep no. 2?  Then on to Amsterdam.

Offline mushpants

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Spoilers
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 09:37:15 AM »
So when can we start predicting order of elimination. We have enough info to say the final 6 for sure. Kate & Pat go out first. Jennifer & Nathan do get past 7th. Lorena & Jason is unkown, im pretty sure they make it to Croatia. There had been a post saying the F/F team were the opposite of Dustin & Kandice so im thinking Marianna & Julia. So Shana & Jennifer go out early as well as Ari & Saella.

Offline mushpants

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2007, 09:48:30 AM »
Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Holland, Croatia - ALL 100% true. Burkina Faso? Alaska, Japan, Taipen = 100% true!
11th. Kate & Pat
10th. Shana & Jennifer
9th. Ari & Staella
8th. Jennifer & Nathan
7th. Lorena & Jason
6th. Nicholas & Donald
5th. Marianna & Julia
4th. Azaria & Hendekea
3rd. Ronald & Christina
2nd. Rachel & TK
1st. Kynt & Vyxsin

Also if we know where them two seated bikes come from then it would be so much easier to know order of elimination

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2007, 10:28:08 AM »
Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Holland, Croatia - ALL 100% true. Burkina Faso? Alaska, Japan, Taipen = 100% true!

Also if we know where them two seated bikes come from then it would be so much easier to know order of elimination

Ireland.

Also in Ireland:  Donkey with baskets pull, lead, whatever. And riding bikes across high wire with partner on seat below bike. And pit stop by stone wall overlooking green countryside
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 11:47:46 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2007, 10:58:46 AM »
Watched two long promos last night and the first episode "Donkeys Have Souls" is falling into place.  A lot of activity for one hour, so this may indeed be a TBC.  So far its looks like this:

Teams arrive at the Playboy Mansion in old vintage convertables.  Each team (11) has an into and short bio and a few choice words about how they are in the race to win, etc. etc. etc.  Phil gives them their final instructions, and after saying the traditional words" "the world awaits you, travel safe, go!)  Teams race to their backpacks.  Note that most teams have really caught on about  taking the bare minimum and keeping the backpacks small.  Good example: The Couple in Conflict(Nathan and Jennifer).  Bad example of not learning by experience and carrying much too much: The Gothics (Kynt and Vyxsin).  Teams run to a parked SUV (who is the sponsor this year?) and drive themselves to LAX.

Guess may be that the teams have two options on flights: one on Aer Lingus and another on British Air.  We have takeoffs for both airlines.

Upon arrival in Ireland (Shannon or Dublin?  Or some teams to each?)  Here they pick up a taxi to take them somewheres outside of the city.  Nice rural area, no buildings, no farms, cliffs, and sea.  Also lots of stone walls and dirt trails.

Here we see teams in three different activities:  Leading a donkey with loaded baskets along a dirt trail somewhere.

Riding a bicycle built for two along a country trail past stone walls.

At first I thought that all the teams had to do both these tasks, but in one scene we have one coulple on the bike passing another couple  pushing the donkey.  And on the other hand we have the Nathan and Jennifer doing both tasks.

So could this be a Detour? Ride or Lead?   Do Nathan and Jennifer start on one task and switch later to the other?

Finally, all teams seem to have to do a real douzy of a task:  Ride a bike on a high wire stretched over an ocean inlet while their partner is suspended on a seat hanging below!!!!!

The final pit stop seems to be on a terrace or some such area surrounded by a low stone wall with the green countryside stretching out to a distant hill.  We have shots of four teams seemingly happy to have arrived at the pit stop - jumping with joy and high fiveing (no belly bounces yet)  Teams arriving with afternoon sun upon them (although in July the sun is setting pretty late in Ireland): The Gothic couple, the Ministers, The Father and Daughter, and the African American couple.

Some other observations:  All teams are seen in Ireland dressed differently than when we first saw them in Los Angles.
                                      The Couple in Conflict has changed clothes but in all three activities that we see they are now dressed the same; Jennifer starts off with a white windbreaker over a green shirt, but she takes it off and ties the jacket around her waist for the donkey and aerial bike stunt.  So this might show that the donkey and twin bike are not a detour but tasks that everyone has to do. Why would she take it off for the donkey stunt (hot), put it on for the twin bike ride, then take it off again for the high-wire act?  If that were the correct sequence.

The sun keeps going in and out and it looks like rain comes and goes (typical Irish weather) rain gear gets put on and taken off.  Perhaps Chateau will be able to deduce some time frames here when the sun is shining.

Shots of teams in the taxi must be Ireland since the cameraman is on the left and the driver on the right.

The ministers have the same tee shirts on during their confessional as they had on at the pit stop but different from what they had on in Los Angles.  The Gothic couple have different tee shirts on during their confessional than they had on at the pit stop and still different from those they were wearing in Los Angles.

One more scene places the teams in Ireland.  We have shot of one couple (I'll get everyone's names down some day) entering what looks like a typical bed and breakfast (note sign on door "Toilets"; elsewhere in Europe or rest of the world for that matter except in the U. S. such facilities are named WC or Water Closet) and greeting Azaria and Hendekea  who are already there.  Could this be an "overnight wait for tomorrow stop" or after the pit stop?  I want to go back and check their clothing with the LAX stuff.

And there is a shot of the Ronald in rain gear getting off a "ferry" or small inter-island ship.  He is wearing later the same rain jacket after completing the high-wire, death-defying bike ride. So do teams travel to an outlying island (Arran) before doing tasks, or is this something that comes later?

That's a quick rundown from what I have seen .  Again, it looks like an awful lot of stuff for one one-hour program.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 11:27:54 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline mushpants

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2007, 11:14:12 AM »
Leg 1 = Kate & Pat may actually survive, i think Ari & Staella be elimnated as they were crying in the countryside at pit stop, Ronald & Christina finish  1st place.

Offline mushpants

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2007, 11:18:42 AM »
jennifer & Nathan looked pretty stresed in the donkey ride though. If the countryside episode is Ireland, KAte & PAt get past it. I think Ireland is the first leg for sure

Kiwi Jay

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2007, 12:41:32 PM »
Yes mushpants I think you guys are going in the complete opposite direction, In one of the Pics from the intro flashes, Kate and Pat are at the pitstop and are so happy I dont think that Kate would look so happy and Pat to be smiling and laughing if eliminated unless they are weird?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2007, 01:45:54 PM »
I would like to make a statement of "Apskip's Law" - teams that appear in promos or screencaps devised by those wily Amazing Race editors as doing poorly NEVER get eliminated in that episode.

I have watched the Amazing Race for 11 seasons and this law has held up for all of them. The Amazing Race editors are masters of misdirection. If a team looks like they are about to go down, count on them to not get eliminated.

Unfortunately this law provides little guidance about which team does get eliminated, except that it is one of the usually several teams that is not portrayed in promos or screencaps as doing poorly.

Kiwi Jay

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2007, 02:07:39 PM »
Yes that is true, but Ari and Staella are still my pick

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2007, 03:26:42 PM »
Yes that is true, but Ari and Staella are still my pick
I originally had Ari & Staella confused with Jenn & Nathan and yeah I see what you all mean with the "I love you" --shades of JVJ TAR 11.
I have all weekend to get the screencaps together so maybe we can figure something out from those.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2007, 03:32:02 PM »
Is there going to be an RFF TAR game?

I saw a commerical here on CTV, I don't know if anything was new but there was a longer shot of the starting line I'll try and record it if i see it again.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2007, 03:53:02 PM »
Yes there will be a game and I am running it *crap*  :lol:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2007, 04:12:02 PM »
Give CBEss some credit: last night between 8:00PM and 11:00PM they ran four, count 'em four, 20-second promos (that's a lot of promo time!)

Looking at them again, it is not clear where the scene of teams getting off the white boat (ferry?) with Ronald in the foreground with his rain parka on fits into this episode.  If is part of this ep, then it looks like the teams do make a trip to one of the outer islands for part of the time.  From what was spotted before on another thread, the teams may be going to the Isle of Aran (one of the greatest documentary films of all time was made there: "The Man of Aran") to rent bikes and donkies. 

It is interesting to note the teams getting the most face time are: Ronald and Christina, Kynt and Vyxsin, Shana and Jennifer, Nathan and Jennifer, and Ari and Staella.

I am still not sure whether or not all 11 teams have to do both the Donkey and the Bike task.  Not being that familiar with the teams yet it is hard to spot who is who especially with different rain gear and clothing.  But it looks like these are the two Detour tasks (traditionally there is no Roadblock task in the first ep).  There are four teams doing both the Lead (Donkey) and Ride (Bike) task. Although it may be that Ari and Staella are seen doing both (they are having a bad time with the donkey on the brink of a cliff as Jason and Lorena ride by) and we have closeups of them on the bike.   So they may switch tasks.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 04:40:59 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2007, 04:24:22 PM »
I have more on this Gman but it will have to wait -- I'm having a bad day  :lol:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2007, 04:33:07 PM »
Does my dearest wench desire a back rub?    :hearts:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2007, 05:54:39 PM »
Does my dearest wench desire a back rub?    :hearts:
Oh my YES :luvu: -- I have the ole monitor hooked up and man its going to take some getting used too :lol:!!

Teams race from the start at the Playboy Mansion during THE AMAZING RACE 12

Jennifer McCall (right) pause to read a clue at the Playboy Mansion during the start THE AMAZING RACE 12

Teammates TK Erwin (left) and Rachel Rosales (right) purchase airline tickets during the start THE AMAZING RACE 12

Teammates Ari Bonias (left) and Staella Gianakakos purchase airline tickets at LAX during the start of THE AMAZING RACE 12

Teammates Kate Lewis (left) and Pat Hendrickson (right) make their way to purchase airline tickets at LAX during the start of THE AMAZING RACE 12.

Teammates Ari Bonias (front) and Staella Gianakakos (back) are followed by Vyxsin Fiala at LAX during the start of THE AMAZING RACE 12 to purchase airline tickets 

:hearts:
Teammates Kynt Cothron and Vyxsin Fiala look over their clue while waiting to depart from LAX during the start of THE AMAZING RACE 12

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2007, 06:01:22 PM »
 :jumpy:
LOL, Kynt looks more womany than ever in that last picture.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2007, 06:08:52 PM »
Picture properties come out as 2007/07/10/ , you decide!

:o :pedaler:

Teammates TK Erwin (top) and Rachel Rosales (bottom) perform a Road Block during THE AMAZING RACE 12, in which one team member must transport the other on a high-wire bike over a 400ft windswept ravine, 200ft above jagged rocks, in order to find their next clue

Teammates Vyxsin Fiala (top) and Kynt Cothron (bottom) perform a Road Block during THE AMAZING RACE 12, in which one team member must transport the other on a high-wire bike over a 400ft windswept ravine, 200ft above jagged rocks, in order to find their next clue

Teammates Nathan and Jennifer (left) and Vyxsin and Kynt (right) perform a Road Block during THE AMAZING RACE 12, in which one team member must transport the other on a high-wire bike over a 400ft windswept ravine, 200ft above jagged rocks, in order to find their next clue.

Teammates Jason Widener (top) and Lorena Segura (bottom) perform a Road Block during THE AMAZING RACE 12, in which one team member must transport the other on a high-wire bike over a 400ft windswept ravine, 200ft above jagged rocks, in order to find their next clue.

Teammates Nicolas Fulks (top) and Donald Jerousek (bottom) perform a Road Block during THE AMAZING RACE 12, in which one team member must transport the other on a high-wire bike over a 400ft windswept ravine, 200ft above jagged rocks, in order to find their next clue.

Teammates Kate Lewis (top) and Pat Hendrickson (bottom) perform a Road Block during THE AMAZING RACE 12, in which one team member must transport the other on a high-wire bike over a 400ft windswept ravine, 200ft above jagged rocks, in order to find their next clue

Teammates Jennifer McCall (top) and Shana Wall (bottom) perform a Road Block during THE AMAZING RACE 12, in which one team member must transport the other on a high-wire bike over a 400ft windswept ravine, 200ft above jagged rocks, in order to find their next clue.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2007, 06:11:31 PM »
OH my gosh! These are FABULOUS! Thank you puddin!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.