Author Topic: TAR12 timeline speculation  (Read 175340 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR12 timeline speculation
« Reply #300 on: January 11, 2008, 11:51:40 AM »
Welcome, David. I know you as well and enjoyed your recaps over at ******** also. I'm doing recaps for TAR12 and TARA2 and liked what you were doing over at the other place. :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #301 on: January 11, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »
Sorry, because Rob does not like that other place for personal reasons, he has now blocked the name to come up ******** , incase anyone is wondering ;D

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #302 on: January 11, 2008, 12:23:49 PM »
 :yess: :yess: :yess:

I just typed the asterisks myself, but let me see if it works. TARFlies.  Yup! It works!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: January 11, 2008, 03:52:15 PM »
Sorry, because Rob does not like that other place for personal reasons, he has now blocked the name to come up ******** , incase anyone is wondering ;D

I was because I have no clue as to what it is  :-[

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: January 11, 2008, 06:24:31 PM »
That place is arflies-tay, if you can read in pig latin. Aside from the recaps by Zach, ATCs and Carissa I don't really visit it much.

Based off some of the pictures in the episode thread, part of the leg takes place in Taiwan at night, so I'm leaning towards a 24 hour pitstop instead of 36 hour pitstop.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #305 on: January 11, 2008, 06:28:11 PM »
Zack are you on Metropolis Forums  :ascared
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #306 on: January 11, 2008, 06:40:42 PM »

Yessir - I'm in quite a few places, but that's neither here nor there.

Maybe they just get a giant slightshot and fling the racers to Taipei  :duno: There are a bunch of creative solutions we've come up with when in reality it's probably just charter flights or something  (:;))

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: January 11, 2008, 10:10:06 PM »
That place is arflies-tay, if you can read in pig latin. Aside from the recaps by Zach, ATCs and Carissa I don't really visit it much.

Based off some of the pictures in the episode thread, part of the leg takes place in Taiwan at night, so I'm leaning towards a 24 hour pitstop instead of 36 hour pitstop.

zachattack308, since I had the obligation to set KiwiJay straight on the interpretation of the facts as I see them, I have the identical responsibility relative to you. It might be a 36 hour pitstop, although I highly doubt it. We are starting from the evening of July 26 in Osaka with teams checking into the pitstop there at 7pm to 11pm. Now, based on visual evidence at Taipei 101, multiple teams need to arrive there as close to noon on July 27 as possible. Figure out what that means for the length of the pitstop in Osaka(Hint -  the correct answer is 12 hours). There will be a 36 hour extended pitstop after the Taipei area(including the trip south and back) action is completed.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #308 on: January 11, 2008, 10:41:51 PM »
I don't like to throw sand in the gears, but the more I search photos and videos the more this looks like the Umeda Sky bldg. Either they're enjoying some time off, or the first task is to grab an info card from the "floating gardens" (observation platform). Either way, I'm guessing it should be incorporated into schedule planning.

Offline aaron1262

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #309 on: January 11, 2008, 11:33:26 PM »

Yessir - I'm in quite a few places, but that's neither here nor there.

Maybe they just get a giant slightshot and fling the racers to Taipei  :duno: There are a bunch of creative solutions we've come up with when in reality it's probably just charter flights or something  (:;))

Definitely right about that one....some of the poster's suggestions are actually really crafty.....like the ferry to macau then flight to taipei :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #310 on: January 11, 2008, 11:53:09 PM »
some of the poster's suggestions are actually really crafty.....like the ferry to macau then flight to taipei  :lol3:

That was me in left field aaron--nice to meet you! :waves: 

I don't like to throw sand in the gears, but the more I search photos and videos the more this looks like the Umeda Sky bldg. Either they're enjoying some time off, or the first task is to grab an info card from the "floating gardens" (observation platform). Either way, I'm guessing it should be incorporated into schedule planning.

Slowhatch --This is an excellent find and a great match. I am beginning to wonder if the teams will even be going to 101 at all?

We have to see the obligatory TAR :barf so time will be tight. Exactly what evidence do we have for 101 if we were to discount the spoiler? One screencap?

Becuase I think we all (myself included) may have been way too eager to jump on the whole Ron/Christina are eliminated  -- and the whole maybe Intersection thing--both of which now look to be in error.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #311 on: January 11, 2008, 11:58:40 PM »
We know they go to the 101 base, at least. It's happened before; racers went to the Petronas towers but didn't go up.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #312 on: January 12, 2008, 12:06:38 AM »
Peach the evidence is also part of the spoiler we recieved

a.k.a: The man seeing teams at 101

as Slowhatch said they could retrieve a clue from the front of Taipei 101 just like in TAR 3 at the Petronas Towers, however in the spoiler they said that he saw them going up steps correct me if I am wrong

The pic of Nathan may be them in Taipei 101 just from the evidence we found

This leg may turn out to have teams going up and down Hotels like buzoonga  :lol:

'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #313 on: January 12, 2008, 12:14:43 AM »
Well they are sure up in yours Slowhatch!

If we map all these places (I know some of them are done) can we see a pattern to help figure out when they go where? and I'm behind again in MAPS!--real life! :groan:

and kiwi--we have put a lot of faith into that spoiler--but we also may need to think about what if that wasn't true or right? Or if maybe we just are misinterpreting the whole thing?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #314 on: January 12, 2008, 12:23:21 AM »
Remember the guy that told us that he was on a flight from CDG to, was it LaGuardia? with the final 3 teams, TAR10 ...anyway he verified with his own ticket, even describing the teams, but what we didn't know was that the Bama's were not on that flight and we all know how that turned out  :groan:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #315 on: January 12, 2008, 07:38:05 AM »
puddin, it is impossible to fly direct from CDG to LGA, as the runways aren't long enough at LaGuardia to accommodate the large commercial planes used across the Atlantic. I believe you meant JFK (Bama was going to Newark so it almost certainly was not Newark).

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #316 on: January 12, 2008, 10:35:38 AM »
My latest timeline:

27 AM release from Osaka(except for Tk and Rachel who should release about 11am)
KIX TPE via any of these 3 flights:
EG211 1030 1245
CX565 1100 1315
BR2121 1235 1505

Apskip, since we now have evidence that there may be a route marker in Osaka (Umeda Sky building) before flying to Taiwan, an Hour of Operation at the start of next leg may bunch up the first 3 teams.

If the opening hour is 10am, that means those 3 teams even may not get CX565, thus they may end up taking BR2121.

However, TK/Rachel may not be able to make that flight, so the only possible situation where they could catch up would be when one of those first 3 teams cannot get BR2121 and have to take the next one CI0157 (1340-1550) with TK/Rachel.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #317 on: January 12, 2008, 09:02:35 PM »
Thanks for the friendly welcome! I'll try and post here whenever I update the site in any major way, so that you guys don't have to keep checking.

(BTW, does anyone know if/where there are/were extended Pit Stops in either season of TAR: Asia. My count, without extended pit stops, for season 1 is 21 days, which means there were 4 extended Pit Stops for the advertised total of 25 days.)

Edit: Okay, the timelines/recaps for the Florence and Mumbai legs are up - but given what's been posted upthread, the dates are probably wrong. Sorry!

And feel free to register at the site. You know I love to be loved.

Also, I've posted here before, so it's not really a 'welcome', but more of a 'welcome back'. I posted in one of the race reports that the timeliner over at YouKnowWhere discovered the RoadBlockers for the Poland leg - of course, back then, nobody knew I was talking about myself.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 09:24:56 PM by tarflyonthewall »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #318 on: January 12, 2008, 10:03:00 PM »
and kiwi--we have put a lot of faith into that spoiler--but we also may need to think about what if that wasn't true or right? Or if maybe we just are misinterpreting the whole thing?

So the guy may have lied about or misinterpreted the whole thing or we could, I dont think I put my faith in he misinterperating Taipei 101 its the tallest skyscraper in Asia I believe, but Lieng that would suck that also would fit in with the "Asians" Spoiler not being true.

Could there also be a speedbump for T.K and Rachel right at the end of the leg or would it be early on in the Leg??

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2008, 02:44:48 AM »
Copied directly from my site for your enjoyment:

Day 1: 8th July, 2007: The race starts at the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles. Teams drive to the airport and book flights to Shannon, Ireland.

Day 2: 9th July, 2007: Teams arrive in Shannon and take a ferry from Rosseveal to Inis Mor. There, they walk to Teampall Bheanain, the world's smallest church, and sign up for return ferries the following morning. Teams stay at the Pier House B&B.

Day 3: 10th July, 2007: Starting at 8am, return ferries. Teams drive to Cleggan Farm and ride tandem bikes to the High-Wire Bike RoadBlock. Then, they choose a donkey, load up 15 pieces of peat into each of its baskets, and walk it back to the farm entrance. They are then instructed to drive to Pit Stop at the Coonemara Heritage Centre [where Azaria/Hendekea win a holiday to Alberta; and Ari/Staella are eliminated].

Day 4: 11th July, 2007: Teams depart the Pit Stop between Midnight and 3am (literally). They drive back to Shannon Airport and book flights to Amsterdam, connecting through Dublin. In Amsterdam, they take trains into the city, and walk to Melkmeisjes Brug, where they encounter the Hoist It/Hunt It Detour. They take buses to Ransdorp, just north of the city centre, find a marked field, and perform the Ditch Vault RoadBlock. Then, they ride a bakfiets to the Pit Stop at the Durgerdam Yacht Club [where Lorena/Jason win sportbikes, and Kate/Pat are eliminated].

Day 5: 12th July, 2007: Extended Pit Stop in Durgerdam.

Day 6: 13th July, 2007: Teams leave the Pit Stop and are instructed to fly to Ouagadougou, but are not told where it is. Teams fly through Paris and arrive in Burkina Faso later that afternoon. They take taxis to the train station and wait overnight for it to open.

Day 7: 14th July, 2007: Teams take a train to Bingo, a field in Boulkiemdé, and encounter the Milk Camel RoadBlock. Each team leads four camels to a drop-off point at a local school. At the school, the Teach It/Learn It Detur takes place. Once they finish, teams walk to the Pit Stop on the outskirts of Boulkiemdé [where Azaria/Hendekea win a Bermuda holiday, and Marianna/Julia are eliminated].

Day 8: 15th July, 2007: Teams leave in the morning with no money. They walk to a nearby village and catch a chicken, which teams must carry to the Pit Stop. They take taxis to Bouda-Pelegtanga for the Shake Your Pan/Shake Your Booty Detour, and the first-ever U-Turn, which Shana/Jennifer use on Jason/Lorena. They then go back to Ouagadougou, and perform the Deliver Supplies RoadBlock at Tampouy Goat Market, before heading to the Pit Stop at City Hall [where Azaria/Hendekea win a Yamaha scooter each, and Jason/Lorena are eliminated].

Day 9: 16th July, 2007: Teams depart in the morning and spend the day trying to book flights to their next location - Vilnius, Lithuania. They leave late at night for Paris.

Day 10: 17th July, 2007: Teams arrive in Paris and continue to Vilnius. They find marked cars outside the airport and drive to Trakai Castle (although it is not shown, and no team takes the Fast Forward on offer there), then to Saint Anne's church, where they encounter another Delivery RoadBlock. Teams then drive to the Lithuanian Outdoor Ethnogrpahic Museum and follow a marked road from ther to Dzukija for another boring Gnome hunt. They continue on to the Count Down/Step Up Detour. Following this, they walk to the Pit Stop at Aukstaitija Windmill [where Rachel/TK win a Japan holiday, and Shana/Jennifer are eliminated].

Day 11: 18th July, 2007: The Pit Stop lasts about 28 hours total, and covers this whole day.

Day 12: 19th July, 2007: Teams depart and are directed to fly to Dubrovnik, Croatia. They arrive in the afternoon and take taxis to the Fort of St. Lawrence, where team members complete the Wall Repair RoadBlock. After, they head to the fort's roof and take a zipline to Fort Bokar for the Short & Long/Long & Short Detour. Both options finish at Tig Oruzja in the Old City. They take taxis (although taxis are not usually allowed in the Old City) to the Pit Stop at Stone Cross Overlook [where Ronald/Christina win a catamaran each, and Azaria/Hendekea are eliminated].

Day 13: 20th July, 2007: Extended Pit Stop in Dubrovnik, the first back-to-back extended Pit Stops since TAR1’s infamous finish.

Day 14: 21st July, 2007: Teams depart the Pit Stop, taking buses to the city of Split. From there, they all take the same ferry to Ancona, Italy. AT the ferry terminal, they get clues directing them to drive to Empoli, Tuscany. During the night-time drive they receive a Blackberry message from loved ones at home.

Day 15: 22nd July, 2007: When teams eventually arrive at Campo di Volo Silvano Poli, they find the clues for both the Ultralight Search RoadBlock, and the Tattoo Fast Forward (which Donald/Nicholas take). They drive to the birthplace of Leonardo da Vinci, in Vinci, and encounter the Invention/Tradition Detour. When they complete their task, they are told to drive to the Pit Stop at the Boboli Gardens in Florence [where Donald/Nicholas win a trip to Cancun, and Kynt/Vyxsin are the first team to be Speed Bumped.] Just before midnight, the leading teams depart with directions to fly to Mumbai, India.

Day 16: 23rd July, 2007: The trailing teams leave. They spend the day trying to get flights. Teams arrive throughout the night...

Day 17: 24th July, 2007: ...and learn that the M.R. Naik Newspaper Stall opens at 6am. When it does, teams purchase the Times of India and search for an advertisement holding their next clue. They head to Chauhan Alteration Tailors, where Kynt/Vyxsin must perform the Yoga Speed Bump before joining the other teams in completing the Paste 'Em/Thread 'Em Detour. They then continue to a nearby traffic island for the second U-Turn (which Kynt/Vyxsin waste), and on to Bharatgas Colaba Gas Service for yet another Delivery RoadBlock, this time with propane, before heading to the Pit Stop at Bandra Fort [where Rachel/TK win a trip to St. Martin, and Kynt/Vyxsin are eliminated].

This timeline may be shown ONLY in the TWoP timeline thread, over at RFF, and at Reality Archive. This and all other timelines on this site remain my property and any usage of these in ANY location aside from the three listed above will result in nasty letters from Rob/Brennan/Heather/Eve/Ray/have we had any other lawyers on the show? I wish I didn't have to do this, but people just don't react when you ask them nicely, do they, Tarflies?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #320 on: January 18, 2008, 05:26:48 PM »
Tarflyonthewall, let's not claim copyrights on our posts here.  It seems strange. 

If a poster comes up with something original then they get credit for it.  They don't own it.  We have a collective effort here.  If you want to claim copyright to material then keep it out of the collective pool.  Especially when the material comes from other poster's efforts.  It seems selfish to claim it as your own.

:boot:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #321 on: January 19, 2008, 10:45:32 AM »
That's like trying to claim ownership of history.  Reciting a series of known historical facts is not copywritable.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #322 on: January 19, 2008, 05:25:16 PM »
This timeline may be shown ONLY in the TWoP timeline thread, over at RFF, and at Reality Archive. This and all other timelines on this site remain my property and any usage of these in ANY location aside from the three listed above will result in nasty letters from Rob/Brennan/Heather/Eve/Ray/have we had any other lawyers on the show? I wish I didn't have to do this, but people just don't react when you ask them nicely, do they, ******?

:nopoints

Tarflyonthewall, let's not claim copyrights on our posts here.  It seems strange. 

If a poster comes up with something original then they get credit for it.  They don't own it.  We have a collective effort here.  If you want to claim copyright to material then keep it out of the collective pool.  Especially when the material comes from other poster's efforts.  It seems selfish to claim it as your own.

:boot:
That's like trying to claim ownership of history.  Reciting a series of known historical facts is not copywritable.

What Chateau & Gman said  :ythat::jam:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #323 on: January 19, 2008, 06:58:53 PM »
I agree. ©

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #324 on: January 30, 2008, 02:47:18 AM »
Sorry, there was a long backstory behind that, but I've forgotten it now. Anyway, the Tokyo leg and the France leg of TAR4 are now up at my site.