Author Topic: TAR12 timeline speculation  (Read 175321 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR12 timeline speculation
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2007, 03:30:58 PM »
I don't know about that--do you have the picture? They all caught the flight on the 13th to BF and arrived sched 4:35 , and by 5 per the missionaries.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2007, 03:38:56 PM »
I don't know about that--do you have the picture? They all caught the flight on the 13th to BF and arrived sched 4:35 , and by 5 per the missionaries.
Sorry, I was jsut pulling your leg.

I am just pissed that I didn't realize that they had a 36 hour Pit Stop.  Damn those missionaries. :angel:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2007, 03:41:19 PM »
That screen shot is wrong.   :lol:

I think it said the 11th, and we know that was when they arrived at AMS from Ireland.

Did you also see the screen shot that was a leftover from TAR6 Premiere?   It says August 13th!  (ie 2004)
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2007, 03:44:54 PM »
That screen shot is wrong.   :lol:

I think it said the 11th, and we know that was when they arrived at AMS from Ireland.

Did you also see the screen shot that was a leftover from TAR6 Premiere?   It says August 13th!  (ie 2004)
God, now I am going to ahve to go home and check that to see if Chateau was joking or not.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2007, 03:50:29 PM »
Ummm--no he wasn't. From TWoP:

* At some point in the airport sequence there's a shot of a ticket agent's screen that I think reads 13AUG. There are some names shown too and some airport codes that are in the U.S. -- so for those who are interested in investigating, that could contain some spoilery. (I am unspoiled and won't speculate further here.)

No spoilery there!

If you look close you see two names that may be familiar: Dave Price and Harry Smith

It is a recycled shot of TAR6 Pemiere when The Early Show went along for the ride to Iceland. I have seen this shot get used on some other seasons as well.

What's REAlly scary is that I even KNOW this stuff! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2007, 03:58:54 PM »
ok, when I go home, I am just going to hide under the bed until this week is over.   :hides

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2007, 04:07:17 PM »
oh well, a day here --a day there-- what's it matter right? :lol3:

We love you anyway... :kissy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2007, 08:05:38 PM »
We love mswood!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2007, 01:22:18 PM »
Peach would it help if any of these next legs were TBL.  Would the absence of a Pit Stop allow teams enough time to get in and out of the places in time?

Usually teh TBC legs start with a long equilers before going to another country.

But in season 9 (if the damn computers would have worked right) it was planned to get in and out of Russia in one day, and have the bulk of the equilizer to be part of the next country before the first task.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2007, 01:43:49 PM »
Okay ignore that question since I just started reading about no TBC.  I swear, I hide under my bed for one day....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2007, 01:51:27 PM »
We still have to get them there and now I see what apskip meant about the flights not working this way.

I can get them out of Lithuania but not in time to do Florence before Croatia. So if we go Lithuania-Croatia I am trying to see a way to explain that extra night in Lithuania before arriving Croatia.

And getting them to Croatia from Lithuania in 3 flight bunches is a nightmare--not sure I can find that.

And getting them Croatia to Florence requires them going thru somewhere else--and I seem to only be able to find flights that put them there after 10 PM.

ARRRGGGHH! This is SO not my thing--please can someone else try?  Free Charter flights for everyone! :cmaslol

And could you (mswood) please come over here :http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,13900.msg240373.html#msg240373 and read the next posts and tell me what puddin is trying to say? I am all scrambled up now about the NEL's and TBC's and if we will have any or not. But maybe we should bring your answer back over here...

Thanks! :kissy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2007, 02:53:31 PM »
Good Goth we need guidance  :cmas28! When does apskips come back from his *cough*jealous*cough* tropical vacation?

Another thing to look at is my Split speculation as in the producer hanging out in Split, image source picture. Could the teams have spent the 18th in Split? They can drive to Dub from Split though or taxi but thats 3 to 4 hours from what I understand? What about flights into Split from whatsitcalled VNO?

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2007, 02:54:09 PM »
We still have to get them there and now I see what apskip meant about the flights not working this way.

I can get them out of Lithuania but not in time to do Florence before Croatia. So if we go Lithuania-Croatia I am trying to see a way to explain that extra night in Lithuania before arriving Croatia.

And getting them to Croatia from Lithuania in 3 flight bunches is a nightmare--not sure I can find that.

And getting them Croatia to Florence requires them going thru somewhere else--and I seem to only be able to find flights that put them there after 10 PM.

ARRRGGGHH! This is SO not my thing--please can someone else try?  Free Charter flights for everyone! :cmaslol

peach

i've been looking at flights too, and I have so much respect for apskip now.

I cannot make the flights work, i did find 3 bunches of flights coming from Frankfurt to croatia, this is with an overnight in Frankfurt.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2007, 03:14:17 PM »
What time do we think that they would get out of Lithuania, could we plan for an overnight in an airport in europe on route to Croatia.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2007, 03:20:41 PM »
I say we all do a roadtrip to Burkina Faso to Lithuania to test this out.
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2007, 03:38:51 PM »

And could you (mswood) please come over here :http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,13900.msg240373.html#msg240373 and read the next posts and tell me what puddin is trying to say? I am all scrambled up now about the NEL's and TBC's and if we will have any or not. But maybe we should bring your answer back over here...

Thanks! :kissy:

Peach I will give it a tryon flights when I get home (last night I had no spare time at all).  Don't know if I will be any help, but I'll give it a go.

So Puddin how bad do we get to beat up Apskip when he returns?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2007, 04:14:13 PM »
Thanks everybody, patlini, and mswood!

We are already in Lithuania and not at Rumsiskes till late afternoon on the 17th so that all fits.

There is not (IMO) a way to have them there in time to do tasks at Trakai before Rumsiskes. But if they run into an Hour of Ops thing and start at Trakai on the AM of 7/18 , Pitstop, leave for Dubrovnik on 7/19 then that works.

Or if it is a TBC then leaving on 7/18 for Split or Dubrovnik could also work.

I tried planes, trains, ferries to get them into Florence and I don't see a way to do it before Croatia in time so it must come after.

This site is helpful too on possible means of transportation.

The main thing we need right now is to know flights from Lithuania (Vilnius or Kaunas) to Croatia (Split?? or Dubrovnik). Teams need to be there on 7/19 and I was hoping to find a grouping of three flights that would explain how TK/Rachel "missed a connection by 5 minutes" taking them into mid-pack, how the 1st three arrived early, and why we see Azaria/Hendekea arriving later.
But so far no luck on that UNLESS this is one of those pull a number take a charter flight deals.

We also need to see how to get them from Croatia to Florence on 7/20 because if we can't get them there--maybe they didn't go there in this order. So far I can do it--but not till late at night.

And I still don't know if we have NEL or a TBC or not!! :pull

And apskip better darned well come back with presents is all I have to say!! :lol3:

here are some flights Vilnius to Split on 7/18 but not sure how/if that helps unless we are proposing a TBC to there with a Pitstop there.

hmmm...maybe I should look for flights Split-Dubrovnik on 7/19--they could drive but Our Source felt like they had arrived from the Airport on 7/19. That was her educated spec but still... Okay--I looked--no flights.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 04:18:05 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2007, 04:35:09 PM »
To get down to 6 for Croatia then we can't have a TBC or NEL whatever peach if we believe EP6 is Croatia right!?

Any lurkers out there willing to help us here? please!?  :cmas26

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2007, 04:39:48 PM »
I know in Europe during the summer there are a lot of "tourist flights", no sure if TAR would use them.

I was thinking that maybe they head out of lithuania evening of the 18th, get half way to DBV, overnight it in Frankfurt/Vienna and get a connection in Zagreb.  Croatia airlines all hub through zagreb

thoughts anyone....

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2007, 04:45:04 PM »
maybe one of the tasks at the castle is at night like with the knights in TARAS  so check in would be late night of the 7/17

straws - grasping

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2007, 06:17:39 PM »
Okay...Chateau just emailed me this: (he can't access here from work)

Also, Apskip had posted a ZAG to Dubrovnik flight #660 at 10:10 am
which I could not confirm.  I find #660 always arrives around 6 to 7
am.  So I am sticking with the Tom's flight through London that I
posted way back.  That one arrives around noon.  Still, Teams have to
leave the night before to get the London flight.  So I think
Lithuania checkins will be between midnight and 6 am on the 18th
(depends on how far they are from the airport, far away means make
the times earlier).

I think he must mean airport checkins...

And who/what are Toms?

I haven't checked via London...I was doing Zareb, Frankfort, Rome and hoped to try CDG again.

And puddin I know we can't if it is Lith-Dubrov but if we threw in Split then it might? Lith elim, Split TBC to Dubr. Just trying to make this work SOMEWAY!

:lol: I KNOW! I have been doing this all day and getting nowhere.  :pull (:;)

Here are those flights which I had--but connecting TO those flights is trickier. The first 2 are good ones though.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 06:25:04 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2007, 07:04:38 PM »
Hee it looks I was right! Roadblock in Vilnius and Detours in Rumsiskes  :yess:

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2007, 07:27:45 PM »

I think he must mean airport checkins...

And who/what are Toms?

:lol: I KNOW! I have been doing this all day and getting nowhere.  :pull (:;)

Toms - Thomsonfly

they have a 6.55 from london gatwick that gets in at 10.55

oh and then they have an 11.30 which gets in at 1.30

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2007, 07:47:26 PM »
Nice! Now can you get them there?

And new pic in the EPisode thread! All hands on deck!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2007, 07:51:40 PM »
Nice! Now can you get them there?

And new pic in the EPisode thread! All hands on deck!
Sure they fly! See that was easy  :yess: :hammer :snakes: