Author Topic: TARA Allan Wu (the host)  (Read 64653 times)

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TARA Allan Wu (the host)
« on: October 11, 2007, 11:04:47 AM »
http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/lifestyle/lifestyle/view_article.php?article_id=85217

Conversation with an amazing TV host

By Niņo Mark Sablan
Inquirer

MANILA, Philippines - After hosting the first season of the AXN Original Production "The Amazing Race Asia," Singapore-based Chinese-American actor Allan Wu was deluged with endorsement deals, commercial offers and other various proposals - even invitations to star in a Filipino movie.

And while he did accept some of those irresistible offers (the Filipino flick sadly not being a part of it), he is now back as the host of season two of one of the world's greatest, most exciting and most successful reality TV franchises.

"The Amazing Race Asia" Season 2 (TARA 2) is set to premiere soon on AXN. While host Wu admits to trying to look a lot less like Phil Keoghan of the US edition and a lot more like himself in the new season, the show itself has undergone several exciting changes.

"You can never rest on your laurels," he says, referring to both his career and the show's success. Allan also states that while the first season put the show on the map, "TARA 2" will now be writing the map.

In an exclusive phoner with 2bU!, "TARA 2's" hot and sexy host reveals how not-so-nice some of the teams are in this season, what the challenges are like and how long he plans to be part of the show.

What can viewers expect from "TARA 2"?

You can expect a lot more surprises and a lot more drama. This year, the producers spent a lot of time and energy trying to pick out colorful and provocative and combustible contestants in the race and have them all thrown in the mix racing around the world. It's just a hundred percent unadulterated entertainment. The teams will go a lot farther. If you enjoyed last season, you'll definitely enjoy this season. It's even more exciting this year.

How different are the contestants in this new batch?

Last season, the teams were all quite nice people, this season they're laying their true colors out for everyone to see. Some of the teams even wanted to start fighting with me! They're very, very angry people!

With the new season we have new rules implemented also. Sometimes the teams refuse to accept their fate or the consequences of their actions. They think they're right.

Honestly, I think some of these teams might have been a little delusional but it obviously makes for great television, too.

Last year, all the teams were pretty much excited to be on the show. Last season, a lot of the teams were saying, wow, we're in the premiere, the maiden voyage of "The Amazing Race Asia." This time around, people know sort of what to expect but, I think, even more importantly, they are out to win that money and to be the champion. Some of them will stop at nothing to try and achieve that goal.

Are the contestants from "TARA 2" more interesting than those from the first season?

I would love to say most definitely for sure but I don't want to offend the first season contestants. But I definitely think they are more controversial. They are definitely more multifaceted and a lot more colorful.

Is there a special way of introducing the new season of "TARA"?

We're going to have a special episode before the actual premiere of the first leg of the race. It's called Racers Revealed and it gives the audience the chance to get more familiar with the racers before they actually start competing on the show. In that show, there's a good chance they're going to show some of these audition tapes so in the future, people will have a better idea of what it takes to be in the show.

Were there any improvements made?

For me personally as a host I think I needed to be more myself. I think I was trying probably too much to be like Phil (Keoghan), trying to fill Phil's shoes. But the show itself, people were saying there wasn't enough self driving or the teams were all always clumped up on the same flight. This year, you can expect none of that to really happen.
There's a lot more driving, with the teams going from location to location, which tests how well these teams work together.

How different are the challenges in this season?

There's probably less fear-related ones this time and more thinking and skill-related ones, too, but all the challenges reflect on the venue or location or country or continent we're at because we do travel very very far this time around.

Did the first season rate well?

I heard about it from the producers and the TV station and they were all very excited with the ratings and viewership and response so I think that's part of the reason why we came back for season two. It was hard for me to imagine this season being better but this season's going to be off the wall.

How long will you be committed to "TARA"?

I am committed to as many as they need me for, so as long as the show is there and as long as I don't do too bad of a job, I think I'll still be in line to host and be a part of "The Amazing Race Asia." It's a unique, special and historic opportunity for me. It's by far the most exciting, the most memorable and the most enjoyable job that I have ever had.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:40:02 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TARA Allan Wu (the host)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 07:42:02 PM »
More Alan Wu in tank tops thank you very much TAR Gods :luvu:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 09:28:22 PM »
I know the ladies would love to see Phil strike a similar pose. C'mon, Phil! Vogue!
Just here to visit.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 09:56:04 PM »
that looks like me

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 10:16:05 PM »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 10:17:12 PM »
that looks like me

I didn't know you were Asian, Michael  :lol3:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 10:18:33 PM »
LOL i'm not  :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 10:29:24 PM »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 10:30:28 PM »
LOL

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 10:30:56 PM »
that looks like me
If that was true Michael I would be all over you.  :boobs:   :whips

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 10:35:34 PM »
I'm better looking ;)

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 10:36:44 PM »
I'm better looking ;)
Especially with your head shaved. :lol3:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 10:37:18 PM »
LMAO, thankfully my sexy hair is back.
Oh and I'm pretty sure the doctor was trying to tell me today that I have OCD, but he wouldn't come right out and say it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 10:44:18 PM »
Oh and I'm pretty sure the doctor was trying to tell me today that I have OCD, but he wouldn't come right out and say it.
  ...I'm sure thats exactly what he told you Michael, but having OCD you might not have understood, rather you rushed home and googled OCD symptoms so that you would know exactly what it is all about, thats what us OCD peeps do, welcome to the club  :jam:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 10:54:02 PM »
Well you came to the right place.  Come join the rest of us.  Would you like some cool-aid?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 10:55:18 PM »
  ...I'm sure thats exactly what he told you Michael, but having OCD you might not have understood, rather you rushed home and googled OCD symptoms so that you would know exactly what it is all about, thats what us OCD peeps do, welcome to the club  :jam:

LMFAO i did google the symptoms..

and I have pretty much all of them.
*is afraid*

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 11:07:22 PM »
We all do!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

nikita

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 03:34:22 AM »
If there is one thing Allan Wu needs to improve on is his dress sense. What's with the tank tops?  :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 10:38:28 AM »
If there is one thing Allan Wu needs to improve on is his dress sense. What's with the tank tops?  :groan:
It was hot? even the racers commented that it was the hottest day in Budapest. I have to tell you, I was pleased and am not complaining :D.

nikita

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 04:53:47 AM »
It was hot? even the racers commented that it was the hottest day in Budapest. I have to tell you, I was pleased and am not complaining :D.

Did we ever see the Philiminator wearing a tank top?  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 05:18:11 AM by nikita »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 11:33:14 AM »

Did we ever see the Philiminator wearing a tank top?  :lol:
No, but I want to  :lol:  :flirt:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 08:44:59 PM »
And puddin really wants to!  :js: ;D ;D
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 09:38:41 PM »
And puddin really wants to!  :js: ;D ;D
Well Phil might not wear tank tops but he packs a kickass package in his pants :luvu:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 10:25:56 PM »
It isn't a tank top but something even nicer...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 11:42:24 PM »
:wohoo:  !!! Am I ever happy I looked at "the most recent posts" just now!  :jumpy:  Looky what I found...um hmmm...it's saved in my Phil folder!!  :wohoo:
Thanks peach!  Wowsers!  Omgosh!  :jumpy:  :yess:  :-*  :jam: