Author Topic: TARA2: Marc & Rovilson (Philippines)  (Read 27881 times)

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
Re: TARA2: Marc & Rovilson (Philippines)
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 09:50:30 AM »
Pamela and Vanessa should have repeated the history and the epicness of Zabrina and Joe Jer <3  :'(
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 10:04:56 AM »
Some people, including me, believe that Pamela/Vanessa are better racers than Zabrina/Joe Jer but luck is an important element in Amazing Races. Zabrina/Joe Jer were lucky to get a non-elimination leg when they finished last so they survived. Pamela/Vanessa had much superior competition in Marc/Rovilson and Adrian/Collin, who are clearly better racers than Sandy/Francesca and Andrew/Syeon.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2009, 01:43:47 PM »
Some people, including me, believe that Pamela/Vanessa are better racers than Zabrina/Joe Jer but luck is an important element in Amazing Races. Zabrina/Joe Jer were lucky to get a non-elimination leg when they finished last so they survived. Pamela/Vanessa had much superior competition in Marc/Rovilson and Adrian/Collin, who are clearly better racers than Sandy/Francesca and Andrew/Syeon.
Yeah, IMO The Top 4 in TARA2 were the most competitive set of the three seasons. Too bad they followed with the Quit-Fest. I think Pammessa's one of the strongest F/F teams in TAR (although I haven't seen TARB).
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 06:11:37 AM »
hey, everyone.  just a few minutes ago, I'd watched a TV show in the Philippines called Ang Pinaka on QTV 11 and they had a topic on the top 10 foreign personalities who'd became local celebrities in my country, and guess who's the top 1 on the list?  It's Rovilson's best friend and partner, Marc Nelson and that's why the host of that show (Rovilson Fernandez), made a saddened face after he'd revealed to his friend's name on the top list, and I'd made it laugh (sorry). :-[

Anyway, two thumbs up for him and he'd beat everyone of the lists which most of them are females and only 2 males made on that list [the 2nd one is Norman Black (search it on wikipedia or google) which he's on the #3 spot]. :hearts: :jumpy:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2009, 01:17:33 PM »
Yeah, IMO The Top 4 in TARA2 were the most competitive set of the three seasons. Too bad they followed with the Quit-Fest. I think Pammessa's one of the strongest F/F teams in TAR (although I haven't seen TARB).
cdfe88, I absolutely agree that ARA2 was the strongest of the Amazing Race Asia seasons and the Marc/Rovilsson, Adrian/Collin, Pamerla/Vanessa and Ann/Diane were the top 4 teams. Pamela/Vanessa are my favorite team ever in Amazing Races Asia's 3 seasons, but neither they nor Ann/Diane were truly copmetitive with the top male/male teams. How many times did either one finish in the top 2 other than Pamela/Vanessa's final placement? The answer is Pamela/Vanessa won the first leg but nothing else and Ann/Diane never finished in the top 2. If you tell me that Pamela/Vanessa earned their 2nd place finish I will tell you that they got lucky with Rovilsson doing the flag ROADBLOCK.

I decided to go back to develop appropriate statistics that illustrate the differential performances. Over the 12 legs where there was a final result (excluding the TBC in Japan which did not have one), the average placement of Marc/Rovilsson was 17/12= 1.42, Adrian/Collin 29/12=2.42 and Pamela/Vanessa 44/12= 3.67. So Pamela/Vanessa finished on average 2 1/4 places behind Marc/Rovilsson and 1 1/4 places behind Adrian Collin. That does not indicate that they would be competitive with top male/male teams from the U.S. Amazing Race.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2009, 07:14:59 PM »
cdfe88, I absolutely agree that ARA2 was the strongest of the Amazing Race Asia seasons and the Marc/Rovilsson, Adrian/Collin, Pamerla/Vanessa and Ann/Diane were the top 4 teams. Pamela/Vanessa are my favorite team ever in Amazing Races Asia's 3 seasons, but neither they nor Ann/Diane were truly copmetitive with the top male/male teams. How many times did either one finish in the top 2 other than Pamela/Vanessa's final placement? The answer is Pamela/Vanessa won the first leg but nothing else and Ann/Diane never finished in the top 2. If you tell me that Pamela/Vanessa earned their 2nd place finish I will tell you that they got lucky with Rovilsson doing the flag ROADBLOCK.

I decided to go back to develop appropriate statistics that illustrate the differential performances. Over the 12 legs where there was a final result (excluding the TBC in Japan which did not have one), the average placement of Marc/Rovilsson was 17/12= 1.42, Adrian/Collin 29/12=2.42 and Pamela/Vanessa 44/12= 3.67. So Pamela/Vanessa finished on average 2 1/4 places behind Marc/Rovilsson and 1 1/4 places behind Adrian Collin. That does not indicate that they would be competitive with top male/male teams from the U.S. Amazing Race.
It's really difficult to measure Pammessa's racing skills if you compare it to the competition, Adrian & Colin and Marc & Rovilson were too alpha and made the competition really unbalanced. I don't think placements can be used to have a precise evaluation of team performance in this season. I'd say they (Pamela & Vanessa) and the moms have as much skill as Dustin & Kandice. If not, they'd be even with Lena & Kristy, IMO. Anyhow, it's really difficult to judge this season in an objective way.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 06:07:58 AM »
it seems that these guys are still famous as the reality tv stars here in the Phils.  Well, just saw an episode of Ang Pinaka on QTV 11, a sister channel of GMA in my country and tonight they'd featured top 10 most clicked reality TV stars in the Phils. in which many Filipino stars made a success on reality shows for the past 5 years and surprisingly, Marc and Rovilson made it on that list but they're on the 10th spot.  Sadly, they didn't beat Sam Milby of Pinoy Big Brother which he's on the top spot. :groan: