Author Topic: TARA2 Post-Leg 9 (*Now with videos! & Spoilers !*)  (Read 20755 times)

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
Re: TARA2 Post-Leg 9 (*Now with videos! & Spoilers !*)
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 11:52:31 PM »
Comparing pictures on the "math scene", (Where is this "math scene" anyway?) it does looks like A/C are first. M/R is nowhere to be found.

I have seen the "What's new in January" AXN commercial, and I saw the final date that was shown of Amazing Race Asia 2:

February 9. Could this be the season finale date?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 12:03:19 AM by Jetgabriel »

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 01:00:57 AM »
For the "math scene" its in Visegrád...The Nagy-villám Entertainment Centre offers various programs for those who are looking for an active relaxation: canopy-, bob-, mini golf- and during wintertime a ski slope is awaiting its customers.

http://www.canopy.hu/index_en.php?page=palya_en

Hmm the first train looks like an overnight train from Prague to Budapest?

The second one which is green/white in color train(HÉV) and Paula/Natasha seen boarding is from Budapest to Szentendre station ?

Im thinking from that station they travel by bus or ferry to Visegrad.

The town of Visegrád is located on the no.11 main road, 43 km north of Budapest. It can be accessed by car or bus using this main road, or by boat on the Danube.

At MAHART boat station a scheduled boat service and pleasure boat service is operating. From Nagymaros direction the ferry connection provides the passanger and vehicle transport, which runs at least once an hour.

http://www.visegrad.hu/visegrad/about-visegrad.html?L=1

And does this map have any use? Click to expand on any area...The "maths scene is @ the top right corner of the map.(Nagy-villam in black)

http://www.terkepcentrum.hu/index.asp?go=map&tid=28413

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 02:45:30 AM »
Appreciate the info, jonnal! Nice find.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2008, 06:49:35 AM »
For the "math scene" its in Visegrád...The Nagy-villám Entertainment Centre offers various programs for those who are looking for an active relaxation: canopy-, bob-, mini golf- and during wintertime a ski slope is awaiting its customers.

http://www.canopy.hu/index_en.php?page=palya_en

Hmm the first train looks like an overnight train from Prague to Budapest?

The second one which is green/white in color train(HÉV) and Paula/Natasha seen boarding is from Budapest to Szentendre station ?

Im thinking from that station they travel by bus or ferry to Visegrad.

The town of Visegrád is located on the no.11 main road, 43 km north of Budapest. It can be accessed by car or bus using this main road, or by boat on the Danube.

At MAHART boat station a scheduled boat service and pleasure boat service is operating. From Nagymaros direction the ferry connection provides the passanger and vehicle transport, which runs at least once an hour.

http://www.visegrad.hu/visegrad/about-visegrad.html?L=1

And does this map have any use? Click to expand on any area...The "maths scene is @ the top right corner of the map.(Nagy-villam in black)

http://www.terkepcentrum.hu/index.asp?go=map&tid=28413

jonnal, I have to say that I do not see what you see. The link showed pictures about a course in Hungary, but there was nothing about any train. Now, I find the possibility of a train unlikely for these reasons:

1. The store hours of operation just before the Intersection at Prague Castle was 10am. Tasks after that were shooting hockey goals at a rink,  the DETOUR of BEER barrels or Statue photos, and the High Dive. All that had to take about 2 hours due to transportation primarily.

2. That means the earliest checkin at the pitstop was about noon. 12 hours later was 12am.

3. There is a night train leaving Prague at 0030 arriving Budapest 0832. However, I don't know if all of the top teams will make it. Any team missing it will be on the 0500 arriving 1232. Paula and Natasha probably won't even make that and will be on the 0732 arriving 1432.

4. What I am saying is that the race designers would not have wanted the separation that would be exacerbated by train travel. I expect that they will insist on moving toward bunching instead by using air transportation, in which all team will be together.

Offline ichihara_yuuko

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 02:34:07 AM »
As for A/C, the more I think about it, the more they are further away.

As for P/N, I saw them in the preview with the other teams bunched in a train station. If you say that P/N could not catch a train to Budapest, then the leg might take the teams somewhere else where bunching is possible, and where A/C could have gotten a lead. So in my opinion.

They go to Visgerad where evey team except P/N board the train. A/C leads and is able to catch an earlier train. The other teams take a much later train where P/N are able to catch up.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 02:37:41 AM by ichihara_yuuko »

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 02:10:22 PM »
Wasn't there a rumour that TAR 12 contestants crossed paths with TARA2 at Prague Airport or something?
They trained into Prauge from Frankfurt, so any airport activity would have to be on the way out of Prague (unless I've remembered the rumour all wrong, which is also very possible)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 02:20:49 PM »
Wasn't there a rumour that TAR 12 contestants crossed paths with TARA2 at Prague Airport or something?
They trained into Prauge from Frankfurt, so any airport activity would have to be on the way out of Prague (unless I've remembered the rumour all wrong, which is also very possible)

you maybe thinking about tara season1 where they crossed with tar10 in india

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 02:28:36 PM »
No there are rumors that TAR12 crossed paths with TARA2 but our TAR detectives are in NY and are asking questions, I'm sure we'll find out soon if true or not.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 02:29:31 PM »
No there are rumors that TAR12 crossed paths with TARA2 but our TAR detectives are in NY and are asking questions, I'm sure we'll find out soon if true or not.

oh my bad  :-[

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 05:05:50 PM »
The route that was altered by the late arrival in Prague for TK and Rachel was:
July 19
Vilnius Prague 0600 0635 OK871(note: actually 0720 arrival)
Prague Vienna OS704 0840 0945
Vienna Dubrovnik OS731 1315 1440 (Note: not valid per my sources, but OK per Austrian Airlines current schedule)

Don and Nic took:

OK871 0600 0635 VNO PRG (note: actually 0720 arrival)
OK818 1200 1335 PRG ZAG
OU662 1445 1540 ZAG DBV

The above means that TK and Rachel were in Prague airport for only 1 hour 20 minutes. Donald and Nicholas were there for 5 hours 25 minutes. given the best current information on ARA2 for upcoming episode 9, we expect that teams do not use the airport(if they did it would be to depart by 0715 before both AR12 teams arrived); they appear to have used either the 0030 train or the 0732 train from downtown Prague going to Budapest.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2008, 05:48:01 PM »
Cool askip :tup:

Thanks for clearing that up.