Author Topic: Friday Night Lights Season 2 *spoilers*  (Read 50339 times)

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Friday Night Lights Season 2 *spoilers*
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2008, 12:00:06 PM »
The Matt thing with Carolotta seemed strange to me. With what they did and yet I still see him as the innocent kid ya know. Im glad she had to leave  :pfft

Im surprised we don't see more of Tyra though the last two episodes look like we will (with the volleyball team thing).

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2008, 09:21:31 PM »
Tomorrow episode is one of the last  :'(

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2008, 05:27:43 PM »
Tonights episode
Humble Pie
Brian "Smash" Williams' confrontation at the movie theater turns from bad to worse as charges are pressed against him. Smash must now decide whether he must swallow his pride and apologize or stand up for what he believes is right. Elsewhere, Jason Street finds a new career. Tami is hired by Coach Taylor as the girl's volleyball coach and turns to Tyra for help. Meanwhile, Tim faces tough times as he tries to express what he is feeling to Lyla

Last episode
Leave No One Behind
Matt reaches a tough point in his life where nothing seems to really matter to him anymore, Tami’s relationship continues to grow with Tyra, as Julie becomes more and more jealous. Landry's new friend may screw up his relationship with Tyra, and Smash begins his 3-game suspension.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2008, 09:18:11 PM »
Don't really have much to say this episode. The meth addicts need to be smacked. Glad Lyla gave him the money, I so knew that was coming.

As for Tyra, looks like she enjoyed volleyball and it was a perfect fit for her. LOL! Still felt bad for Riggins.

Jason was doing good with the car sales. I think he will be GREAT!

Can't say I blame Smash for taking the apology back. The hug between him and his sister made me all teary eyed. Ummmm not much to add.

This season (especially these last few episodes) have been way predictible. Though I kinda like that :lol:

Not relaly looking forward to next episode. Not cause its the last but because of coach and Matt  :'(

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2008, 01:29:16 AM »
Hey Mama, I haven't watched all of tonite's ep & hope to have time tomorrow.  Had an emergency Thurs night when I had to call 911 for my best friend Gary.  We were at the hospital until 3ish am.  He's ok, but sure gave us a scare.  He has a heart prob, but test results didn't indicate that was causing extreme dizziness. 
 Whew, i was fit to be tied.
He will see the doctors next Monday.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2008, 02:01:54 AM »
Hope he feels better. My sugar makes me dizzy (low sugar).

Im sure you will enjoy it, but LOTS of drama this episode. And watch for the preview for next weeks. I feel bad for Matt  :'(

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2008, 02:12:14 AM »
Yeh, I caught the preview of Matt and it doesn't look good for him at all!  Gee, I miss the 'old', good boy Matt!  Wish he could be back to that character.  :'(

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2008, 01:42:43 PM »
Me to. That boy has every reason to 'feel sorry for himself' so to speak.

Lets see, Julie breaks up with him for that one guy (didn't work out too well for her), then the Carolotta, just as he was falling in love with her she has to leave, he takes care of his grandma, holds a job and runs a whole offense, and his dad and him ended on bad terms last season (when he went back to Iraq and they had gotten in that fight).  :'(

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2008, 06:30:58 AM »
...and before Carlotta, he had a g/f from school.  He dumped her for Carlotta! :groan: So he has brought a lot of it on himself, it didn't just happen!
Sad but true.  I think he will eventually get his act together though, and will make something of his life.  Hope so! 

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2008, 11:32:46 AM »
Yeah I get that part, but alot of that was Carlotta, I mean how old was she compared to Matt? Kwim?

But he had no control of his dad, grandma and that whole situation. And have you noticed Landry and him not so much best friends?

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2008, 06:45:49 AM »
yeah, what's up with that?  Landry isn't in the script as much either...since the charges were dropped. 

Mama, I still have not had time to watch last week's show, but will soon I hope! 

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2008, 12:42:10 PM »
Yeah and the new girl with Landry. UHHHHHHHHH!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2008, 04:23:04 PM »
Oh really, Landry w/ a new gurl, huh?  :wohoo: That's in last Friday's ep I have yet to watch.
 Plan to do that tonite right after American Idol.   

( Yeah Landry, get over Trya! ) 

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2008, 05:48:43 PM »
Tyra seems jealous. The new girl, scares me :lol: I dunno what it is.

Oh and last weeks episode he was hanging out with the guys on the football team, so I guess he is still on it.  :lol:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2008, 04:53:54 AM »
Still need to watch last Friday's ep.  Better hurry up b4 this Friday, huh?  :groan: 
Aww...I've been busy as heck with this n that.  And my comp is acting up. That's why i'm up tonite.  Was going to bed, but just couldn't until I turned this confuser bak on to see if I could figure out why it was acting so sluggish & strange.  It's not a virus I know that for sure.  Anywy, stopped by here to ck something then hit the sack.

Mama, how are you feeling?  Hope great! 
Take care.  :kuss: :hugs:
:nitenite:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2008, 02:57:49 PM »
Hope you figure out what is wrong with your computer soon!!!

Im doing ok, waiting to find out if were having a boy or girl!

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2008, 09:02:04 PM »
According to the previews there is another new episode next week. But every article said tonights was the last because of the writers strike.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2008, 09:09:47 PM »
The place where I get these from usually has the next 3-4 episodes, but they just added this one today. So I dunno, though the article I think was posted said there were 22 episodes ordered and 16 were wrote before the strike started (will go back and check). Which means this being number 15 there will be one more after this.  :yess:

May the Best Man Win
Airs: Feb. 8
Brian "Smash" Williams is determined to get a football scholarship to college despite the recent events that have transpired. However, Brian is very shocked when the most unlikely place offers him what may be the opportunity of his life. Tami Taylor runs into her ex-boyfriend from high school, a big real estate mogul, and he decides to stay in Dillon for a few days. A few days proves to be too long as Coach Taylor begins to feel a bit jealous. Elsewhere, Jason Street hears the biggest news of his life since his accident and must decide if he is willing to change his life completely. Meanwhile, Tim Riggins continues his pursuit of Lyla by getting his own radio show at the Christian radio station. Lyla seems to be enjoying her current relationship with her Christian boyfriend as she goes with him to meet his family.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2008, 09:12:17 PM »
The above episode will be the last (number 15 of the season)!

Reposting this:
NBC renewed the show for a full 22-episode second season in May of 2007 after the first season completed airing. Season two episodes began airing on October 5, 2007.[2] Due to the 2007 Writers Guild of America Strike, only 15 episodes were able to be filmed before production had to shut down (which is many more than other networks shows). Their 15th episode could possibly be their season finale if the strike is not resolved in time.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2008, 02:37:32 AM »
According to the previews there is another new episode next week. But every article said tonights was the last because of the writers strike.

Yeah, everything I read indicated Friday 2/1 was the last ep.
Here's hoping they're wrong and the show will air next Fri with another new one...NOT a repeat!

Did you find out yet if you're having a boy or girl, Mama? 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2008, 03:34:47 AM »
 I'm all caught up on the show Finally!!

So Landry & Trya back together.  Do you think it will last?  I don't.  Tyra is too fickle to stay with one guy for very long.  Landry is a lovesick puppy dog, & very naive. 

Aw gee, Mama, I keep falling asleep.  Will return later today I hope, cuz I do have more to say....
--------------
modified to get rid of the jillion 11111's and 0000's when I fell asleep..face on the keyboard!  :lol3:  When I woke up, I tried fruitlessly to get rid of them and they wouldn't delete!! grrr. I don't know if it was a site prob or my comp?  :whever:
???

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 08:55:02 PM by RudyRules »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2008, 09:23:46 PM »
SEE THE NEXT POST.  Things were going haywire while writing.  When I pressed the space bar, it all appeared to be posting. But didn't even press the Save button or hit alt+s! grrr.  i backspaced the page and found my entry was still there. So I finished and posted it.  That's when I saw that TWO posted...the one that got interupted and the one I finished!  :groan:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 09:43:59 PM by RudyRules »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2008, 09:31:07 PM »
So...Jason sold a van, using great tactics! :tup:  When he put his mind to it, he found he could be a purdy good salesman after all.  Hope he continues to succeed w/ his new job and show up those upper totem pole jerks who were making fun of him.  Being stuck in a wheel chair sucks, but Jason has what it takes to be successful when he sets his mind to it.

Let's see...what else?  Oh yeh...Matt.  What a mess he was...sooo unlike him BEFORE he got sidetracked with Carlotta.  Well before that...NOT forgiving Julie and getting back with her.  Do you think they might reunite eventually?  Julie sure messed up her chance with Matt, but I wonder if he may still have feelings for her?

Coach did a great job trying to straighten up Matt's act!!  Loved that scene!  

Riggins.  Lila.  She won't admit it, but I think she still likes Riggins...a LOT.  The church guy is nice and would be good to her but her heart is not really with him...not totally.  Do you think?  I just sense she is using the church as an escape route from all the stuff she's been thru.  Jason, Riggins, then her mom and dad splitting up.  But what she's doing in the church is good for her too and she truly means well, imo.  I respect her for choosing that route instead of boozing or drugs.

Ok, there was more, but can't remember at the moment.  It was a great ep, and I'm happy to know there'll be at least one more!  ;D

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2008, 10:44:16 PM »
Yeah and you know something about Jason, I think football and being the star quarterback and under all that pressure (you know the qbs get all the blame all the glory) has helped him become a salesman. I dunno, that is probably just my thinking.

I did like the scene with coach and Matt. After Matt said "why does everyone leave me" the look in coach's eyes looked like he wanted to cry. :(

As for Lyla her boyfriend seems like a jerkish kinda guy. I dunno.

We find out Tuesday if its a boy or girl.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2008, 01:35:13 AM »
That was sad about Matt saying everyone leaves him...and Coach's reaction. 
 :( 
Gee, his key players are out.  Smash, Riggins, Matt.  But that's reality, huh? 

So this Tues you find out if you're carrying a boy or girl!  Cool.  Hmmm...I'm going to guess it's another boy!
Are you carrying the baby differently than your other pregnancy's?