Author Topic: Friday Night Lights Season 2 *spoilers*  (Read 50449 times)

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Friday Night Lights Season 2 *spoilers*
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2008, 09:06:02 PM »
Great episode. Julie and Taylors talk made me cry. He always knows what to say. I did feel bad for the other coach but I also saw how the players acted and I believe they get that tude from their coach. As for Riggins, I am disapointed in what he did but at the same time that is the same guy that held a gun to his head. I just hope that this makes him get his life together and I truly believe that it will. Especially after the talk Coach Taylor gave him. The look in his eyes had change. And I was glad to see the previews because I am hoping this whole 'stealing from the biggest drug dealer in Dillion' isn't in anymore episodes. Hopefully Tim is right and he doesn't remember where he puts his $  :lol3:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2008, 09:11:10 PM »
Forgot to comment on Smash, that was sweet how it all happened! The whole cheering him on after he gave his "verbal commitment" and then him going home to his mom. She was giving him a hard time then saw the flowers. Sweet.

Who Do You Think You Are
Airs: January 19
Tami and Coach Taylor look into day care for Gracie, but find themselves having a tough time letting go. Meanwhile, Lyla Garrity starts working as a deejay on a Christian radio station and, despite being ridiculed by Tim Riggins, she is able to strike a chord with him. Elsewhere, Matt Saracen discovers that he is actually in love with his grandma's at-home nurse, while Brian "Smash" Williams learns that those close to him may not be ready for interracial dating.

Humble Pie
Airs: January 25
Brian "Smash" Williams' confrontation at the movie theater turns from bad to worse as charges are pressed against him. Smash must now decide whether he must swallow his pride and apologize or stand up for what he believes is right. Elsewhere, Jason Street finds a new career. Tami is hired by Coach Taylor as the girl's volleyball coach and turns to Tyra for help. Meanwhile, Tim faces tough times as he tries to express what he is feeling to Lyla.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2008, 10:01:26 PM »
 NBC renewed the show for a full 22-episode second season in May of 2007 after the first season completed airing. Season two episodes began airing on October 5, 2007.[2] Due to the 2007 Writers Guild of America Strike, only 15 episodes were able to be filmed before production had to shut down (which is many more than other networks shows). Their 15th episode could possibly be their season finale if the strike is not resolved in time.

Which means the last episode will air February 1

Leave No One Behind
Matt reaches a tough point in his life where nothing seems to really matter to him anymore, Tami’s relationship continues to grow with Tyra, as Julie becomes more and more jealous. Landry's new friend may screw up his relationship with Tyra, and Smash begins his 3-game suspension.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2008, 10:19:25 PM »
Wow Mama, you purdy well covered it all!!  Excellent recap! Thanks!
Sorry I haven't been around lately, just been occupied with stuff.  :groan:

I've been wondering if there would be a Season 3, but kind of doubted it b/c of the writer's strike.  Seems last night's show was the start of a "winding down", sort of?  That's the feeling I have.  :res:
How wonderful it would be if the Strike could be settled soon. ( I not only hope for FNL to continue, but for '24' to come baaaak!! )  :yess:

I was also touched by Coach and Julie's talk, and that Riggins was cleared of Coach's suspicions.  I like him, but he can be so rigid and judgemental at times.  Guess that's why he's a good coach, huh?!
He's also softhearted when necessary.

I don't think Matt is in love with Carlotta!!  It's lustful stupid crush!  Maybe I'm wrong, but eventually, I think he will wake up and go back to Julie.  Hope so.  She still cares for him.

Gosh, I hope Riggins puts the money back!  Everytime he seems to be improving himself he does something stupid!  :umn:
After Tim & Lila had their fling, I've felt they stayed attracted to each other, but have both escaped the reality of it by going their own ways.  Their eye contact is a sure giveaway. I've felt the chemistry between them from day one.

Hmmm...what else?  I guess I'll think of it later, & will be baaak.

Yes, what a great show!  I enjoyed it so much.  Just feel sad that the FNL series will probably end.  If it does, I hope it goes out with a few trophies!
 :jumpy:

So how are YOU doing, Mama?  Hope you're feeling good.  Didn't you fall or something?  Read it in one of the BB threads i think?  ???
Take care!  :hugs:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 10:31:23 PM by RudyRules »

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2008, 08:41:17 PM »
I don't want Lyla and Tim together, but who knows what will happen. I just feel like something is going to happen and he is going to find a sweet girl, get married and have babies (just kidding, but I loved that episode last week of him playing with Gracie hehe). Lyla is annoying to me lol. I've always seen her getting with that one guy that lives with Buddy (the one she helped), I can never spell his name!

Anyways, I just hope they don't focus on the $ thing, or nobody goes after Tim blah blah blah. Hopefully that drug dude doesn't notice. Not saying what he did was right but well the guy is desperate. Its sad his parents don't send $ (well his dad as we don't even know about his mom). And I really wish that the neighbor (Tim/Billys) hadn't moved because I believe his brother loved her and Tim would love to be in that little boys life  :'(

Isn't Matt just a junior? I believe that it could come back for season 3, we just gotta give it time! With the writers strike im sure it will be solved by then. LOL!

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2008, 08:45:04 PM »
Forgot to answer you about me. I fell in December, sprained my ankle. Two days later I ended up in the ER with them thinking it was my appendix. Because of the baby they couldn't really help me. They drew blood three different times and didn't really find anything! But once again no more tests they can do and its just a deal with it thing because of the babe! I still don't feel better, but at least its not the throbbing pain everyday like it was for just about a month now (the 17th it will be a month). But it does come on at certain times. Im doing ok otherwise. Can't seem to sleep at night, and then with the boys I am so darn tired, plus this baby :lol: I'll be glad when its OUT!  :lol3:

Can't wait to find out what this baby is. Im really hoping for another boy. My sister really wants a girl (shes due about 2 weeks after me but will prolly go late as this is her first), and I just know my luck that we will have the opposite :lol: Her husband wants a boy though (he has two daughters) so that would be nice but im the only one thinking shes having a girl. And she has the girl gear pattern picked out already and the name and everything and I really wanna buy it for her shower. She will have a boy just cause they can't decide on a dang name for it :lol3:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 08:49:34 PM by Mama2MyBoys »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2008, 10:51:40 PM »
Oy!  I forgot about the gal next door w/ the little boy that Tim befriended.  So she moved back and now I bet they get "reacquainted". :lol:  And definitely, Tim should be buds with the boy again.  Tim was a major part of his little life.  Then it might be good if she (what's her name?  should rewatch my tape!) ....& Tim resume their relatonship.  But I wonder if Tim will due to the trust issue?  She left him once so I dunno....
You know the old saying..."screw me once, shame on you; screw me twice, shame on ME." 
Whatever!!

Sorry about your fall and the pain n' stuff you're having to tolerate.  Not fun, for sure.  You have your hands full!!  Then not getting sleep you need isn't helping.
Hope things get better for ya, Mama.
Sending many positive thoughts your way!  :kuss:  :hugs:
Rudy

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2008, 12:53:38 AM »
Isn't her name Jackie? She did move back? Ohhhh im so confused :lol3: I think I fell asleep towards the end or something cause I didn't see in the preview who he walks in with the rose in his hand  :duno: Do you know?

Anyways I could see her and Billy together but not her and Tim, he could be a good uncle though.  :yess:

Thanks for the thoughts! I think im getting the flu, oh the joys. I swear my immune system sucks when im pregnant. When im not im fine!!! I wonder if there is truth to that .... hmmm. Luckily my husband has been taking the boys in the morning and that way I get to "sleep in" lol.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 12:57:30 AM by Mama2MyBoys »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2008, 06:24:47 PM »
Oh Gosh, I forgot what was in the preview.  Just watched and it shows a close up of Lila; next frame...Tim walking into a living room w/ a bouquet (doesn't look like roses to me).  Next frame, same room, looks like Lila and Jason kissing!!  OMG...could it really be THEM?  Sure doesn't look like Billy & Jackie (if that's her name).  This is taking place INside, a piano nearby where Tim tosses the bouquet after he sees them kissing.  It's NOT Billy.  The guy's hair is lighter than Billy's and the head really resembles Jason Street's!!  His hair is longer and straight. 
If I recall correctly, either (or both?) Lila's and Jason's parents' homes have a piano.
 :girly  Later EDIT!  Rewatched the preview: The kissing couple is not in a home, but in Lila's church OR, a studio not in the church?  where she starts her radio or tv job.  However, I bet the studio is IN the church.  Regardless, the girl is Lila.  And remember...she & Jason talked recently in her church about life etc? Well, it sure looks like Jason's head and hair to me!  Did you tape the show?  If not, maybe you could go to the NBC website and view the video.
(of course, even if it IS Lila and Jason, you know about cbs hype!!  So I'm not building up hopes. )

Ok I was wrong about Jackie.  I thought she was carrying stuff INTO her house, but the opposite!  She came back to pick up some of her stuff!  She's moving somewhere she doesn't know yet...but maybe Corpus Christy.  She told Tim the reason she kicked Billy out was b/c he lost his job and she can't handle two mortgages, to which Tim replied, "I could've been the first to tell you that guy can't hold a job more than 6 mo."  :groan: 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 07:18:48 PM by RudyRules »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2008, 07:30:04 PM »
Good Grief, Tim has the dangdest luck!!  It's like Murphy enjoys working OT in his life!!   :pull   :(  Like Coach told him, in this ep, "you are honorable".  I have a close friend who is the most honorable person I know, but Sh#t is always happening to this person!!  :groan:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2008, 08:25:17 PM »
Yeah that S guy (the guy that lives with her dad) also goes to that church to doesn't he? That really sucks for Tim. And I don't wanna see her and Jason back together either :lol3:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2008, 10:03:19 PM »
I'm not sure if Lila would be totally happy with Tim OR Jason due to past circumstances.  And the ex prison guy?  uh-huh.  nope.  Too risky.  I can't think of anyone of the FNL cast who would be a good match for her and who wouldn't have anything to do with her past!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2008, 10:12:30 PM »
Anyways I could see her and Billy together but not her and Tim, he could be a good uncle though.  :yess:
Tim would be an excellent Uncle! :tup:
Thanks for the thoughts! I think im getting the flu, oh the joys. I swear my immune system sucks when im pregnant. When im not im fine!!! I wonder if there is truth to that .... hmmm. Luckily my husband has been taking the boys in the morning and that way I get to "sleep in" lol.
You didn't get a flu shot?  Or do they even give them to pregnant women?
Well I hope you get over whatever you have SOON!

How sweet of your hubby to take the boys off your hands so you can rest.  :)
Take care!   :hugs:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2008, 10:41:24 PM »
Well I think it might be someone other from church, like you said the new job. Who knows!!!! I feel bad for my Tim, and it looks like to me that Jason is out of the picture but then if you read the previews I think he was mentioned  :duno: Guess we will wait and see. Im sad this will be one of the last episodes :( CSI Miami's last episode was tonight and of course it ended unfinished. Darn writers strike.

No I didn't get a flu shot. I never have, everytime someone in my family gets one they end up getting the flu twice as bad then they normally would!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2008, 12:02:14 AM »
Hmmm...wierd.  No one I know, family or otherwise, who got the flu shot has ever gotten the flu, including me!  Only reaction I get is a sore arm!

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2008, 12:43:14 AM »
Yeah its required for my mom cause she works at a hospital and she HATES it. And then my sister got one cause shes pregnant and she works in a daycare and her flu was horrible to.  :ascared

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2008, 03:55:03 AM »
Found this in TVGuide Mag "You Tell Us", January 14-20 issue, Pg 6:

LIGHTS OUT?

"What's happened to Friday Night Lights?  It bears no resemblence to the excellent show I was telling everyone they just had to watch.  Are producers trying to lure more viewers with all the sex and drinking?  This strategy is only going to lose them the fan base who fought to keep this show on the air in the first place." --Jane Manning, Norridge, Ill

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2008, 08:51:01 PM »
Wow! I was more upset with the whole murder then the sex & drinking, hello the show is for teenagers and mostly its lessons learned. Although I admit the whole drugs thing is bugging me as well.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2008, 10:14:41 PM »
I don't really have anything to say for this episode. Hated the whole movie theater fight, even the dinner with the family of them saying they couldn't date each other. Ummmm, im glad the Gracie/daycare thing worked out. Felt bad for Tim AGAIN! And I felt even worse for the guy that lives with Buddy.

But overall, I love this show so of course i'll keep watching. Unlike most I like that it is sometimes predictable. Im not one for surprises :lol3:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2008, 04:29:35 AM »
It just seems to me like the producers are showing what they think the viewers want.  That predudice cr@p at the white folks dinner was disheartening to me.  Gee, Smash's family gets invited to dinner, but the hosts had ulterior motives for inviting them.  It was just plain mean and thoughtless to embarass their kids like that. 

Poor Tim.  He is trying to do the right things, but it's like he has a black mark on him that won't leave.  I know he has brought a lot of his probs on himself, but dang, he's trying to improve himself, but just keeps getting a kick in the arse.  Grrrr.   

Ok, will write more later...gotta git to bed!  :nitenite:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2008, 08:17:13 PM »
Yeah but it wasn't just the white folks, if you noticed last weeks episode where Smash's mom was getting mad at - whats her name? And then his sisters giving him dirty looks. Its because of the interracial dating they don't feel comfortable with.

And next weeks episode is going to be full of Smash drama  :res:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2008, 08:21:51 PM »
Last two episodes :(

Humble Pie
Airs: January 25
Brian "Smash" Williams' confrontation at the movie theater turns from bad to worse as charges are pressed against him. Smash must now decide whether he must swallow his pride and apologize or stand up for what he believes is right. Elsewhere, Jason Street finds a new career. Tami is hired by Coach Taylor as the girl's volleyball coach and turns to Tyra for help. Meanwhile, Tim faces tough times as he tries to express what he is feeling to Lyla

Leave No One Behind
Airs: February 1
Matt reaches a tough point in his life where nothing seems to really matter to him anymore, Tami’s relationship continues to grow with Tyra, as Julie becomes more and more jealous. Landry's new friend may screw up his relationship with Tyra, and Smash begins his 3-game suspension.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2008, 01:41:00 AM »
Yeah but it wasn't just the white folks, if you noticed last weeks episode where Smash's mom was getting mad at - whats her name? And then his sisters giving him dirty looks. Its because of the interracial dating they don't feel comfortable with.

And next weeks episode is going to be full of Smash drama  :res:
Oh I know, Mama.  Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.  I meant all the parents there.  It just seemed sad that the racial stuff was mentioned over dinner.   I know all the parents feel strongly about interracial dating, and the kids already know that, but the timing was wrong.  They weren't thinking of just being together as human beings & having a good time. 
The interracial stuff was planned by the producers to give us more drama...and they succeeded!
Whatever, it was a good episode.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2008, 02:22:59 AM »
Oh I knew what you meant, I meant like it was the first time the white parents said something (isn't this their first episode??? ), but then last week Smash's family was having a hard time with it. I don't think they should've said it in front of the kids either, and they kinda put Smash's mom in that position. The dad of the girl didn't seem so concerned, weird that its the moms :lol:

I've enjoyed this season but the murder, the Tim getting worse then bad, now Smash getting in trouble - and according to the spoilers having charges pressed I must admit its not the show I became obsessed with.

And im glad Tyra wasn't in this episode - shes been annoying this season :lol:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2008, 03:40:34 AM »
Yeh, I must admit this season hasn't been up to snuff.  It isn't nearly as good as Season 1.  And last week, there wasn't even a football game to cheer at!!  I can really "get into" the games and cheer 'em on. 
I know the bad and wierd things that's happening this season do happen in the world, & Dillon or any small town are not exempt from yukky bad stuff, but the general storyline lost its continuity.  I thought the storyline would continue to be centered more around Jason Street & Lila...and of course Coach & family...with the others "sidelined".

If Season 3 happens, where on earth will the story go I wonder!!  :ascared :o :help: