Author Topic: Friday Night Lights Season 2 *spoilers*  (Read 50447 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: Friday Night Lights Season 2 *spoilers*
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2007, 09:13:33 PM »
Yeah, Kyle Chandler rocks!!  :jumpy:  :jam: I've liked him from Day One and thought he should've been nommed last year for some award!!  But at least he got Outstanding Actor for a Drama in the Family TV Awards.  (Another actor got Outstanding Actor for a Musical).

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2007, 12:53:06 AM »
I also like Landrys dad, he plays as an agent (I think thats what he is) in Transformers (my kiddos number 1 movie right now).

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2007, 01:40:23 AM »
I can't remember where I've seen Landry's dad, but know I've seen him in other shows.  He does a great job in the dad role.  Landry & he actually resemble each other! 

I've never watched Transformers, but might...just to see that actor, whose name slips my mind.  ???

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2007, 01:52:31 AM »
Oh hes a cop on another show, would it be 24 or another one of those crime shows. I only know this cause my brother in law was talking about it one day when we were watching Transformers.

ETA:

Glenn Morshower

He does play on 24. Aaron Pierce? 
Here is a list of all the shows/movies he has done.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0607703/
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 02:20:38 AM by Mama2MyBoys »

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2007, 02:10:17 AM »
Here are all the awards for FNL (well including nominations where they didn't win) since you mentioned it ;)

American Cinema Editors - Best Editing on a One Hour Series for Commercial Television - for the episode "Pilot" [58] (WIN)
American Film Institute - 10 Best TV Programs of 2006 [59]

Television Critics Association Award - Individual Achievement In Drama – Kyle Chandler
Television Critics Association Award - Individual Achievement In Drama – Connie Britton
Television Critics Association Award - Outstanding Achievement In Drama
Television Critics Association Award - Outstanding New Program of The Year (WIN)
Television Critics Association Award - Program Of The Year [60]
Writers Guild of America - Best New Series [61]
George Foster Peabody Award - Award for Broadcast Excellence [62]
Emmy Award - Outstanding Directing For A Drama Series - Peter Berg for the episode "Pilot" [63]
Emmy Award - Outstanding Casting For A Drama Series - Imagine Television, Film 44, NBC Universal Television Studio (WIN) [64]
American Film Institute - 10 Best TV Programs of 2007

People's Choice Awards - Favorite Song from a Soundtrack - "Read My Mind," The Killers
Writers Guild of America - Best Dramatic Series

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2007, 02:22:42 AM »
Wow!  I just found out FNL resumes this Friday Jan 4!  I was thinking it would be mid-January.  

From TVGuide:

Fri, Jan 4
9:00 PM There Goes the Neighborhood New
The Panthers host a rival team whose school was hit by a tornado; Tami, Julie and Riggins adjust to their new living situation; Lyla's mom plans to remarry; and Landry and Tyra attempt to put the murder behind them. 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2007, 02:30:35 AM »
Oh hes a cop on another show, would it be 24 or another one of those crime shows. I only know this cause my brother in law was talking about it one day when we were watching Transformers.

ETA:

Glenn Morshower

He does play on 24. Aaron Pierce? 
Here is a list of all the shows/movies he has done.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0607703/
Oh thanks Mama!!  Gee, I'm a diehard 24 fan, yet I couldn't think who he played on 24.  Of course...Aaron Pierce.  Yikes, this has been bugging me that I couldn't 'place' him!  Thanks also for the list from imdb.  I'll ck it out.
 :keeta:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2007, 02:38:12 AM »
:wohoo:  Thanks for the Awards list!  Wow!  FNL has been recognized more than I realized.  Cool!!  :jumpy: :jam: :yess:   

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2007, 10:06:09 AM »
Yep, I think its such a good show and has so many awards because not only is it a drama for teens but also adults enjoy it :)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2008, 12:00:31 AM »
Right awwwn Mama!  :wohoo: 
It's hard to believe the show will air this soon.  I thought it would be mid to late January.  And I think there were only 5 eps already written B4 the Writers' Strike.  Maybe they'll show reruns after that?  Whatever, I'm looking forward to the new shows! :)

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2008, 02:57:07 AM »
I dunno, I know when the show started in October they had 6 episodes to "try" and see how it did for another season. And I would think that as those were airing and they were getting good reviews on season 2 they kept writing. Thats why I think this show should be ok with the writers strike. LOL!!! Though, it doesn't seem that NBC was one that was hurt too bad or is that just me?

Anyways, they took the same break last year, I believe. I can't wait!  :yess:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2008, 03:10:13 AM »
Nevermind now I get what you were saying - there were 5 episodes written before the writers strike while the show was already airing. I thought you meant before the season started  :groan:

New episode preview for January 11

Jumping the Gun
Airs: Friday January 11

Colleges pressure Brian for a verbal commitment; tension is high between Coach Taylor and Tim Riggins with regard to Julie; Tami and her sister continue to see things differently.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2008, 03:21:14 AM »
Didn't the writer's strike start during the fall season...Oct or Nov?  I think most shows have the writing done long before the season actually begins.  So I think FNL should be OK and probably have enough eps to cover Season 2.  Hope so!  I'm anxious for it to start...

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2008, 03:25:27 AM »
I was thinking it was early November. I do think that FNL should be ok. It seems that CBS has more problems then any of the stations I think. ABC wasn't goign to bring back According to Jim but they did, which im glad but I am wondering if thats cause they had episodes already done or something! Who knows.

Im excited for the next episodes to. Is it Friday yet? LOL!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2008, 03:51:20 AM »
Most channels probably had the shows written long before the strike b/c it has been expected for a long time.  I do wish they'd get it settled tho...soon. 

Over and out!  Have a good night and stay warm!
MJ  :zzz

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2008, 06:49:24 PM »
Yay just a little over an hour. Yes im excited ;) My hubby took the boys to a Monster Jam (well not the little one) so I am off to put him to bed for the night and then will be ready!

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2008, 09:09:46 PM »
That was a good episode but I just wish for once, just ONCE Riggins would be the good guy for once :( Im really mad about that. I think Julie and him were really cute together, and how he protected her from the tornado, how he went to get the baby formula, and how he made sure that guy did not do anything to her that night. I realize the whole letting her drink wasn't good but she is her own person. For what Riggins is missing in his life (parents, now his brother) I do think he is a great guy! I know I for one wouldn't wanna be his little sister cause he seems like a very protective person (not that its a bad thing hehe).

And whats with next weeks episode. Does he kick Riggins off the team? I couldn't hear that part...... I thought thats what it was but then it looked like that was Riggins that the other coach hit out on the field  :duno: If you noticed, lemme know. Gonna be a long week til next Friday!

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2008, 09:30:11 PM »
Oh and Tyra gets on my nerves ;) LOL!! Im GLAD that Landry finally said what he said to her. I feel bad for him, he treats women with respect like he has been raised and this is the thanks he gets. Poor guy :( And I felt really bad with the whole fight thing, but one thing the Panthers won't allow is another one of them to go down fighting by themselves - even if they were picking on Landry!

Upcoming episodes!

January 11:
Jumping the Gun 
Colleges pressure Brian for a verbal commitment; tension is high between Coach Taylor and Tim Riggins with regard to Julie; Tami and her sister continue to see things differently

January 19:
Who Do You Think You Are
The Taylors consider day care for Gracie; Lyla takes a job at a Christian radio station; Matt has a realization about his feelings for Carlotta; Smash's love life is scrutinized by those close to him.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2008, 02:53:56 AM »
That was a good episode but I just wish for once, just ONCE Riggins would be the good guy for once :( Im really mad about that. I think Julie and him were really cute together, and how he protected her from the tornado, how he went to get the baby formula, and how he made sure that guy did not do anything to her that night. I realize the whole letting her drink wasn't good but she is her own person. For what Riggins is missing in his life (parents, now his brother) I do think he is a great guy! I know I for one wouldn't wanna be his little sister cause he seems like a very protective person (not that its a bad thing hehe).

Yeah, good ep!  Riggins is a good guy in his heart, but he just isn't channeling it in the right direction.  He's has the drinking prob, & he doesn't have any close family or friends.  He's been on his own, so to speak, as a kid.  It's sad, really.  He's a cool guy...just needs an adult figure who can really be his friend and mentor.  It really pi$$ed me off that Coach jumped to conclusions when Riggins was HELPING Julie, and didn't give Riggins a chance to defend himself.  (:;) Geee that made me furious!!  He's so used to needing to be TOUGH on the Panthers, that he has a real problem separating work from just being a regular guy. 

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2008, 02:59:32 AM »
Yeah, I guess at the same time it was his daughter, I mean my dad wouldn't have been too happy. But next weeks episode preview makes me wanna take that all back kwim. Cause he seems to be hard on him then.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2008, 03:12:13 AM »
And whats with next weeks episode. Does he kick Riggins off the team? I couldn't hear that part...... I thought thats what it was but then it looked like that was Riggins that the other coach hit out on the field  :duno: If you noticed, lemme know. Gonna be a long week til next Friday!
From the preview, sounds like Coach does kick Riggins off the team.  Then yes, the other Coach pushes him...but it appears Coach Taylor comes to Riggins' defense.   

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2008, 03:35:39 AM »
Oh and Tyra gets on my nerves ;) LOL!! Im GLAD that Landry finally said what he said to her. I feel bad for him, he treats women with respect like he has been raised and this is the thanks he gets. Poor guy :( And I felt really bad with the whole fight thing, but one thing the Panthers won't allow is another one of them to go down fighting by themselves - even if they were picking on Landry!
I love Landry.  He's so sweet and like you say he treats women with respect.  What a good guy!  Tyra & Landry would be a mismatch I'm afraid, b/c she is sooo unsettled and so uncertain of what she wants out of life and who she wants.  I think she feels bad for Landry being crazy about her, but at the same time she cannot reciprocate in all honesty.  At least, she let him know though.  Wow, things sure got complicated this week!!  But I'm really enjoying the show & hope it's not cancelled after this season.

Geez, i'm really getting sheepy, so off to bed now. 
I fall asleep at my comp a lot! :groan:
:nitenite:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2008, 03:28:18 PM »
But when the other coach pushes him he is in his uniform, so it is just so confusing if Taylor kicks him off the team.  :pull I can't believe this. I want Riggins  :'(

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2008, 02:02:38 AM »
From TV Guide:

High school is still too early to figure out what you want to do with your life. In the new episode "Jumping the Gun" Smash (Gaius Charles) is still waiting for an offer from his preferred college - but other institutions are pressing him for aceeptance. Tami's (Connie Britton) tension with her sister leads her to ask her sibling to leave the house.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2008, 05:44:59 PM »
My sister thinks that he doesn't kick Riggins off the team, just tells him that he will not be sleeping/staying in the locker room.  :yess: So I guess that could mean he is still on the team which explains why hes pushed by the other coach!

I forgot it was on tonight til someone mentioned it earlier :lol: Just a few more hours!!!! Im off to take a nap (its been a long week, plus sinus' and bratty kids  :'( ). Im ready for the weekend  :groan: