Author Topic: Friday Night Lights Season 2 *spoilers*  (Read 50334 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: Friday Night Lights Season 2 *spoilers*
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2007, 02:41:48 AM »
Oh, and the football game was awesome!! :woohoo: Panthers!! 

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2007, 12:32:47 AM »
First off, I still love Riggins. I really hope he gets his life together. And Jason actually brought tears to my eyes (dang pregnancy lol).

And wow, Buddy has always gotten on my nerves but even more now :lol3:

And im confused iwth the Landry thing. His dad is a cop, isn't it going to be kinda obvious WHY they gassed that car? I mean duh! I felt so bad for him. I honestly was shaking as they were driving, I thought Landry was going to lose it and wreck that car and something bad was going to happen!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2007, 03:55:18 AM »
I'm confused on the Landry stuff too, Mama.  I think that was really DUMB for his cop dad to blow up the car.  Duhhh is right!  I thought his dad would, of all people, advise his son to confess to the murder and help Landry get thru it, even if it meant some jail time.  Landry has already show remorse for what happened, it was not premeditated, and it seems to me he would've been better off just confessing the whole mess.  Whateverrrrr.  Now his dad is implicated, so he's an assessory.  What a fiasco!!   :groan:

--------------
OFF TOPIC:
So how're things going?  What does your hubby think of the Broncos this season?  Does he think there's hope for them to improve enough to get in the playoffs??  I haven't been watching much football...so not sure what their problem is. 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 05:05:40 AM »
Mama, just heard you're expecting your 4th baby!  Cool!

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2007, 01:40:26 AM »
Thats what im afraid of, but my bil watched it and he said that they will just say the car was stolen that night? Which seems odd to me, then again the cops did say it was ANY GM and not just the wagons (at least I thought - although he told Landry it was just wagons, maybe to get him to confess). Uh!

Im wondering why there wasn't a football game, I thought there was at the end of every show :lol3:

OFF TOPIC:
So how're things going?  What does your hubby think of the Broncos this season?  Does he think there's hope for them to improve enough to get in the playoffs??  I haven't been watching much football...so not sure what their problem is. 
Things are ok, my in laws are getting ready to move here so things are crazy. I don't know what is wrong with the Broncos, my team has two losses and one was from the Broncos (Steelers) but it seems like other then today all the games they won came from their kicker!!! I guess alot of it has to do with their center being out for the year, Javon just got knee surgery and I think the death of two teammates may have affected them. My hubby says were gonna be like Travis Henry - he has 9 kids :lol: As for them bouncing back, I think they will. The race is on for the AFC West (Chargers had problems from the start, Raiders are 2-6 or something, and the Broncos beat the Chiefs today so im not real sure where they are in the standings). Its just going to be a divisional race, pretty much whoever beats the most in their rivals is going to win the playoff spot!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 02:25:14 AM »
Maybe no football game at the end of the show b/c they showed the practices a couple times.  That new kid on the block with Riggins coaching him took up some time.  Isnt the new guy the ex-prisoner Lila asked Riggins to coach?

------------
So your baby is due in the spring? 

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2007, 07:11:58 PM »
Yep the new guy is the one that Lyla is trying to help!!! He also got the job working for her dad. Thats how Buddy realize he would play good football, because when he was wrestling the pigs it reminded him of a tight end :lol3:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2007, 05:29:16 PM »
Yep the new guy is the one that Lyla is trying to help!!! He also got the job working for her dad. Thats how Buddy realize he would play good football, because when he was wrestling the pigs it reminded him of a tight end :lol3:
Oh really?  I must've stepped away from my tv when that happened.  Will hafta rewatch it! 

Hope you're doing real good, Mama!

Gotta go and then hurry back here for FNL!  I would tape it, but I'm taping Ghost Whisperer at 7pm.  I have a separate video reserved for FNL! 
 Cya, Ruday

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2007, 09:12:09 PM »
Ah the episode in two weeks (I assume because of Thanksgiving that is why there will not be a new one next Friday) already has me wanting to cry! I love Landry, and while I agree that he should've fessed up and still should I just hate that this even happened on FNL. UH! Why couldn't it have been Tyra, and then she would've gotten away with it because he tried to rape her again. Now im mad and upset. I just feel like they could've done something else this season. I was actually *happy* that we didn't really see a bunch of drama because of the murder this episode. All I remember was what he told Tyra. And really someone needs to punch her. I feel so bad for Landry just for what SHE has done to him, playing him and stuff.

Oh and isn't it bull that pretty much last weeks episode they basically re opened the case cause they made the comment that Tyras sister is a stripper (meaning shes a "word I won't use") and probably didn't get raped or attempted raped or whatever. UH!  :pull

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: FNL Episode Recap: Pantherama! *spoilers*
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2007, 06:43:47 PM »
"He's Got a Great Heart and I Want Him to Have a Chance"

Thanks to TVGuide
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TV-Show-Blog/Friday-Night-Lights/Quothes-Got-Great/800027588

Episode Recap: Pantherama!

Move over you man-slut, Matt Saracen. You've been replaced in my heart by Santiago. How sad, how ridiculously heart-breakingly sad was that look on his face in the very last shot? It just hurt to watch. I'm still shocked at the never-ending evolution of Buddy Garrity this season, and taking in Santiago for reasons beyond helping out the Panthers — in fact, because as trite as it sounds, he needs a son as much as Santiago needs a father — was so sweet and unselfish, that it would have shocked me a year ago. But this season's a whole 'nother thing, and Buddy's redemption has made even the most cynical of northeasterners (me) just want to start blubbering like I’m watching Lifetime or something. Sure, he has a ways to go, as evidenced by Tami's, "You've got a lot of steak and you've got a lot of sausage; get some vegetables in here," but it's a wonderful start, and for Santiago's sake, more than Buddy's, I really hope it works out.

And then there's Matt, who, as I've already pointed out, seems to be taking his time making up his mind about who he wants to date. Should he date his girlfriend, or his nurse? Or should he date his girlfriend and just kiss his nurse? Well, I'm still no fan of the cheerleader (too perky and obnoxious for my tastes, even if she does know her cars), but imagine if things go south with a girl living in your house. It can only end badly for our good friend, QB1. Make me eat my words, please, Matt.

Meanwhile, Matt's decidedly ex-girlfriend Julie is over-the-moon for her newspaper advisor, Mr. Noah Barnett (Austin Nichols), graduate of Columbia Journalism and former employee of the Milwaukee Journal. Barnett is a rather ambiguous character, isn't he? Tami obviously thinks something fishy is up in his relationship with her daughter, but I'm not so sure. I'm hoping that LanTyra is going to be the only, "Ripped from the headlines," type drama this season, and that we'll be spared the teacher/student thing. I don't think it's heading that direction, because I think that this is just about Julie needing to have a crush on someone. It's just creepy that it's her teacher that she has a crush on. Barnett seems smart enough not to make a decision that could ruin his career the same way that dating the daughter of two of his colleagues would.

I think maybe everyone in Dillon needs to just sit down with Smash's mom for 5 minutes in order to be told right from wrong. Smash may disagree, but she only has his best interests at heart in wanting more than just a football career for him. He may think, "College isn't a goal, it's a means to an end," but she knows what any former teammate of Jason Street should realize, namely that an athletic career is somewhat less than a secure future. Even if he does make it on to a top college team, there's no guarantee he'll go pro. And the sad thing is that it's not just about ego with him, because he obviously wants to give back to his mother and sister. But what do I know? He's very talented and maybe there's a very great possibility that he could, in fact, go pro. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on this situation — especially anyone with a high school or college football background.

Worth mentioning are Tim's self-imposed homelessness, and Tyra and Lyla's choreography. In Tim's case, I won't have much to say until I see how living with the man with the ferret works out, and the Tyra and Lyla thing was a cute diversion. Nothing more, nothing less.

No new episode next week, and I'll be on vacation anyway, so let me take this opportunity to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving. See you all in two weeks for what will hopefully be the beginning of the end for the whole murder debacle.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2007, 09:26:42 PM »
I don't know if I will be able to watch on Friday (were going to get our Christmas tree, and who knows how long that will take).  :groan: But im glad cause I don't think im brave enough to watch this episode anyways (Landry turning himself in). I love Landry and it sucks!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2007, 01:38:01 AM »
Aww I know whatcha mean.  Just watching Landry in the preview got me all choked up...but he's got to confess.  He's such a good honest kid, and cannot live with himself unless he goes in there and tells them exactly what happened.  Hopefully, he'll get a light sentence in view of all the circumstances.  How hard this must be for his dad...and then when his mom finds out....omg have mercy.  :'( 

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2007, 11:32:51 AM »
Oh I know he has to confess. I just wish this never happened. I know its "just a show" and all but it sucks. And then for that many episodes to be focused on it. I really wish the guy would've just been knocked out or something. I can't stand Tyra!

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2007, 08:54:02 PM »
Did you watch tonight? What happened? I wasn't able to watch and I didn't want to really :lol3:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2007, 03:53:33 AM »
I was gone Friday, but have it on tape.  Yesterday was too busy to watch, but hope to sometime today.     

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2007, 11:11:35 PM »
Can it pleaassssssssse be like "it was in self defense, thanks for coming forward..... case CLOSED"? If Landry goes to jail and this becomes a huge show about a trial I think I may not watch it anymore :(

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2007, 03:19:38 AM »
Good if it turns out a self defense issue, but I doubt it would ever become a small or huge trial centered show.  After all, Landry is not the main character in FNL, nor his situation.  They would probably just leave us with what happens w/out showing it all.  Then on with the main focus centered around the Taylors and the football team...at the same time adding new plots.

btw, I still have not watched the last ep.  Need to do it before Friday!

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2007, 07:09:14 AM »
Yeah I doubt it would be a big trial but at the same time I didn't think this was going to be a huge part of the show as it is!

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2007, 08:13:47 PM »
I saw in TV guide where its THIS episode where Landry comes clean, its not the rerun where he told his dad cause it says its new!!!! But it also says "even though he comes clean it still plagues his conscience <--- I can't spell haha..... anyways I am wondering if they 'let him off' because it was all in self defense and also his dad IS a cop ;)

I dunno if I can watch this anymore. This whole murder thing has ruined the show. Could they have THOUGHT of something else :rolleyes: I honestly enjoyed him 'becoming' a football player - why the murder and not just that :(

This is why I stay away from drama shows, but this was football and thats why I started watching it. Oh well.   :groan:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2007, 03:02:47 PM »
Murders are not a respector of persons, Mama.  They happen even in SMALL towns that seem like nothing that bad could ever happen!  I don't think it ruined the show.  It added something...the fact that small towns folks can be victims of horrible events.  It is reality.  Life goes on and I'm very interested in seeing how this event plays out.  Do "they 'let him off' because it was all in self defense and also his dad IS a cop"?  Well, I don't think b/c his dad is a cop has any bearing on being let off.  His dad was helping his son by detroying evidence, so HE will no doubt have to face up to that...get suspended for ahwile or something.  Whatever, maybe the Landry drama wasn't necessary to keep people interested in the show?  Either way, I will keep watching b/c the focus is still on the Taylors and the rest of the cast, not just on Landry.  I'm interested in the entire cast and how life goes on with all of them.
If I lived in Dillon, I wouldn't move away b/c of one horrible incident unless it was a threat to my life!   

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2007, 03:45:35 PM »
I know that it happens even in small towns (I myself live in one and always want to) but my thing is, this is a show about football, the Taylors are the main characters and here this murder has been drug out in this show. The whole stalking thing, I could've seen. Why couldn't Trya be the one that killed the guy. Do you see what im saying. Shes acting like a total you know what (being herself of course) and Landry just becoming a football "star" is having to go through this because of her lame butt. Im also mad that the case was closed then its reopened and blah blah blah! Make up your freaking mind people. Its also irritating that they mentioned that Tyras sister is a stripper. Ummm who cares? That doesn't give someone the right to try and rape her. This is what is making me mad.

I was so excited for this season, the baby and everything. I just KNEW Taylor would come back and coach for Dillion and everything seemed to be really fun but this murder is just irritating to me. Landry always has been the "good kid" and I could see a bigger plot of him going and doing bigger and better things, not being sat in some jail cell. But hey whatever!! Thats just how I feel. This show seems so dark and boring anymore. Again just my opinion. I swear they've only had 2 football games this season :lol3:

Im just saying that it didn't have to be drug out. Remember last year, there was ONE episode of a Panther getting arrested. Why not that? Why not take Landry out of the show instead of focusing on him.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2007, 12:47:33 AM »
You should write to CBS..opps...not cbs!  NBC!!  Maybe others have written the same feelings you have.  &/OR, post on the board at tv.com...where they cover EVERY tv show. 

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2007, 09:23:42 AM »
Haha its ok. Just wait and see what happens this week and then make up my mind :lol3: I think this week is where he confesses. I think what freaked me out was the preview for when he went to the jail.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2007, 07:34:30 PM »
I still haven't watched last Friday's ep.  That wasn't a Rerun was it??
Hope not!

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2007, 07:45:06 PM »
Don't think it was, cause its when Matt gets even closer to his girlfriend or something? I dunno!!! I don't know if I will be watching tomorrow cause we have a Christmas party to go but im fine with that. I think i'll just wait til this season comes out on DVD, with three kids going every which way I don't have time anymore and by the time they go to bed, I just wanna take a nap on the couch :lol3: