Author Topic: Friday Night Lights Season 2 *spoilers*  (Read 50341 times)

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Friday Night Lights Season 2 *spoilers*
« on: October 05, 2007, 03:08:34 PM »
:yess: Im so excited. Can we talk about tonights episode (and following episodes in this thread).

RudyRules I apologize for telling you that Tami already had the baby. When we found out that FNL was coming back the thing I read said the season starts off with the baby born. I thought that meant the baby was here. It said it like it was (I can't remember exactly). But the thing I read tonight says that Tami goes into labor. LOL!

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Friday Night Lights Season 2 *spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 09:20:17 PM »
Oh my, lots to say.

First off, I just KNEW they were gonna have another girl, Grace. And  also Julie surprised me, I guess she really misses her dad.

Second, that new coach is sooooo already making me mad :lol:

And last I just can't believe Tyra and Landry - OMG!! That was just creepy to me.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 10:21:08 PM »
:yess: Im so excited. Can we talk about tonights episode (and following episodes in this thread).

RudyRules I apologize for telling you that Tami already had the baby. When we found out that FNL was coming back the thing I read said the season starts off with the baby born. I thought that meant the baby was here. It said it like it was (I can't remember exactly). But the thing I read tonight says that Tami goes into labor. LOL!
Hi Mama, Sorry it took me so long to get here!
Not to worry about the baby stuff.  The article you read was kind of vague and I can see why you thought the baby was born before the show started! lol!
Hey thanks for starting this FNL spoiler thread.  It didn't even cross my mind since it seems you n' me are the only fans here.  Maybe more will become interested?  Hope so!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 10:54:46 PM »
Oh my, lots to say.

First off, I just KNEW they were gonna have another girl, Grace. And  also Julie surprised me, I guess she really misses her dad.

Second, that new coach is sooooo already making me mad :lol:

And last I just can't believe Tyra and Landry - OMG!! That was just creepy to me.
I guess the real shocker to me was the ending,,,and how that may affect FNL's future.  It just seemed not the right way to start off the season!!  Surely, they could've thought of something else.  ???  It was, as you said, creepy.  Dillon had been portrayed a clean small town...with typical probs amongst its population & therefore great drama for the viewers.  Yet I know creepy things do happen in small towns sometimes.  I wonder how all that will play out.  Guess just my wondering will keep me interested, huh?!   

I was disappointed that Julie wasn't more accepting of her new li'l baby sis.  Yeah, I know she misses her dad...yet when he's there, she's such a jerk.  Well, they finally did have a good talk in the car when he picked her up at the night club, so I'll give her credit for at least having one decent conversaton with him. 

I thought she'd be holding the baby & showing more acceptance for Li'l Grace. 

The new coach may be one that "grows on you"?  I'm not terribly impressed, but he may turn out to be a dang good coach and guy?  We'll see.  He does have that tough coach look.  Just hope he has a positive attitude and leads the team that way.

Can't think of any more at the moment.  I'm just wondering how Tammy is gonna do with the two daughters so far apart in age and a hubby she'll rarely see!!

Later~~
Rudy

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 12:08:52 AM »
I have a feeling that the coach may get fired and Jason takes over. I wasn't even mad for what he was on the field, thats a tough coach and I get that. But I do feel that what he said to Jason (gosh I act like this is real life lol) was just something I wanted to punch him for lol. Haha! The only thing I can think of with the Landry/Tyra thing is maybe they didn't kill him, but just threw him in the woods or something, and he was just unconscious. Or maybe this is something they will leave town together for. What do you think?

I was weirded out with all the drama, this is a drama show but maybe too much in the first episode. I mean the whole murder thing, the Garrity/his exs new boyfriend thing. And I dunno if I thought that Lyla would be back with Tim and maybe Tim would change but guess that won't be happening. I really like Riggins, and hate that hes gotta be the "alcoholic" :(

I do feel bad for Tammy. And I think Julie is jealous and just doing her teenage I wanna do my own thing. And I really hope that her and Matt do not break up.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 12:36:28 AM »
I must git off here, but will just say I REALLY hope Julie & Matt stay together.  They seem so compatible and they're such a cute couple.  You're right, Julie is doing her teen thing...going thru a normal phase, but it still gets me how she acted more like a 6 or 7 yr old sister in regard to the new baby!!  Geeezz.  Oh well...
I'm outa here for now & hit the sack.  :nitenite:
Take care, gal. 
Rudy :hugs:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 11:56:57 AM »
Im not a huge fan of Tyra but would hate to see her leave town, although thats possible. I think Tyra has too many roles for them to let her leave though! Could you imagine her and Landry getting together? LOL!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 03:40:44 AM »
Tyra isn't one of my favs, but her character is normal for a small town!  Loose living sort...but think she started improving herself when Tammy befriended her.  Tammy helped her realize there really are people who care...no matter what. 

Nope, I do not see Tyra & Landry getting together...no way.  Landry is a naive lovesick puppy dog, setting himself up only to be hurt.  Hope he wakes up soon!     

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 11:01:39 PM »
But now they share this murder, so I dunno. Although I think it will hang over their heads for the rest of their life if they stay together or not :lol: I do think that her mom needed to be there for her. I think thats why her and Riggins were together in the first place, he didn't have parents and really neither did she.

Have you seen a preview for FNL for tomorrow? The only thing I watch on NBC is Sunday night football and that so I haven't lol.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 02:04:31 AM »
Nope, haven't seen any FNL commercials.  I rarely have NBC on except for the nightly news & weather...but will try to remember to tune in for commercials.

Re: the "murdered" guy...I forgot to comment on what you said:
The only thing I can think of with the Landry/Tyra thing is maybe they didn't kill him, but just threw him in the woods or something, and he was just unconscious. Or maybe this is something they will leave town together for. What do you think?
I hope that's what happened...the guy is not really dead & recovers.  But in either case, Tyra/Landry must face the consequences eventually.  If the guy isn't dead, they will be facing HIM again...or his family?  And a law suit transpires?  It's hard to say where this event will take them, but that's why we love drama, huh?!  I just hope it's not as bad as last week's show made it look!!   

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »
I actually don't know about loving drama - I watch CSI Miami and thats about as much as I can take. I love scary movies but when things are made to look so real and my husband works night I just can't. That also has alot to do with us having like noooooooo neighbors and I get scared being at home with three kids kwim. I can't watch the news either and just started tuning in for the weather. LOL!!!

I just don't understand why they would have her get almost taken by him last season, then the season ends if he wasn't going to be INVOLVED this season kwim? One episode, I just don't think so!!! Maybe someone finds him, and he recovers and leaves them both alone? Or maybe he tries something with Landry and leaves Tyra alone. Hmm!

Also wasn't Tyra suppose to graduate last season? I know Matt was a jr, and I thought Julie was a soph but I reckon she might've been a jr. And I thought Riggins was suppose to graduate and Smash as well.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 03:47:57 AM »
kwim?  And that would mean?  ???   I know a lot of acronyms, but not that one!
I'll get back with comments later cuz I'm falling asleep.  :zz:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 11:39:10 AM »
kwim=know what I mean?
with thanks to my text messaging young friends...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 12:13:41 AM »
kwim=know what I mean?
with thanks to my text messaging young friends...
Thanks bunches, peach!  :kuss: :hugs:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 12:52:35 AM »
Last night was crazy! First off that school science teacher was getting on my nerves. And is it just me or is it made to look like maybe people will start thinking they are together? I about cried when Jason told Tami what he told her! Awww!!!

And next weeks episode. Did you see the preview? Does Tami slap Julie? And hopefully its in the plan that Eric comes back to Dillion.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 09:13:03 PM »
Wow. I was hoping that they wouldn't find the body and next weeks episode shows they do. They know its Landry because his dad finds the watch. AH! Im so nervous. And did you see if that was Tim or Street that gets arrested next week? I know they said "learning to walk again is hard if your in jail" but I think that was Riggins. Guesing both of them? I looooooove him and do not wanna see anything bad happen to him (jail). Im beginning to dislike this show for this reason. Jail/Murder/that dang kid that Julie is with. Im starting to get creeped out honesty. And Smash and Matt. Yikes! I was waiting for Matt to do something dramactic like quit the team.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 03:57:53 AM »
Hey Mama, sorry it took me forever to get here.  I need to watch my tape to jog my memory on stuff, but will just say...it seems the writers are trying to cram too much, too fast stuff into the show to make it more exciting ?? than Season 1.  And they're doing this to hopefully not get cancelled.  I'll keep watching and see it thru before making judgement, but so far it's not as good as Seas 1. 

It just seems a little too nervewracking this season! :groan:

I'm off to bed now...zzzzzzzzz

Hope you and your family are doing great!  :tup:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 09:14:08 PM »
Im glad with what happened with the Landry/Tyra thing. I was getting so nervous! But I don't understand what Landrys dad is thinking, unless he KNOWS what happened?

And wow, so much with Julie going on but hopefully things for her have changed. And im also glad Lyla is getting 'postive' attention this season..... I guess its postive.

I've gotta say I hope Jason is able to walk again :(

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 12:51:18 AM »
:ythat: I'm glad Julie finally saw first hand what a jerk that guy is.  Hopefully, she'll go back to Matt and appreciate him! 

The coach stuff was (is) really sticky and who knows where that will go if the fired coach pursues a law suit.  It's so good to see Eric baaak with his family!!  Maybe things will get back to normal now. 

NBC made sure to use political overtones with Jason & Tim's time in Mexico, but I won't go into my personal opinions about that.  Just hope Jason can walk again and the treatment he receives helps. 

I think Landry's dad knows what happened and why Tyra and Landry are spending so much time together.  Incidentally, I loved how Tyra responded to the dad (last week) when she told him why she likes Landry!

Overall, I liked tonight's show!  It appears things just might be getting back to normal!  (for now!)

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 01:55:45 PM »
Am I the only one that missed what the coach said to Taylor, I had NO clue he was making a mafia threat until last night I read it on TV Guide :lol3: About "I have a family to". Who knows.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 03:51:18 PM »
Really Mama?  Wow.  That sure as heck never occurred to me.  I thought he meant simply, that he has a family too...a wife and kids to support.  IOW, the ex Dillon coach needed the job just as bad as Coach Taylor...to support his family. 
Hmmmm...interesting if he meant T H E  F A M I L Y as in The Godfather family!  :o
Scary........

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 02:17:29 PM »
Yeah, thats kinda scary if that is what he meant. Im glad I am not the only one who didn't catch it  :lol:

Spoiler - I read that not in this coming episode but the week after that (November 9th) that Landry confesses to his dad that he killed that guy. Im getting NERVOUS!!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 06:47:59 PM »
I kinda figured Landry would 'fess up eventually, just wasnt sure if voluntarily or forced.  Was hoping it would be privately to his dad, voluntarily. 
I still think his dad has it figured out from the missing watch and Trya being questioned about the rapist.  Now he's waiting for his son to take the step to confess, rather than being coerced.  And he hasn't told anyone in the police dept of his suspicions, or at least not that the viewers know of. 

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 01:55:48 PM »
Im really nervous!!!  :lol3: I just don't want Landry in trouble. I guess im just like that! I hope it works out with Riggins/Jason to. We shall see tonight.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 02:27:46 AM »
Landry's already in trouble, it's jsut he's now in more trouble b/c his dad is putting 2 n' 2 together.  If only Landry & Trya had reported the murder right after it happened, they would've both been better off...but then we wouldn't have much of a story! 

I'm sure glad Matt set Julie straight about her wanting to see him again.  Good for him.  She's a spoiled brat who thinks everyone should cater to her wishes and when things go wrong, everyone should act as if she hasn't done anything wrong?  PUhleezz.

I'm glad Jason is OK and he isn't gonna get that experimental surgery!  Geez, gave me cold chills that he even considered it, but he's so desperate to walk again.  He needs to resign himself to the fact he probably never will & try to adjust to the idea.

I really enjoyed the show and all the great acting!  Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton are sooo great...alone and together and deserve to be nommed for Emmys!  :yess: