Author Topic: Jessica and Eric BB8 Petition to be on AR  (Read 9009 times)

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jessica and Eric BB8 Petition to be on AR
« on: September 22, 2007, 04:38:51 PM »
I just saw a petition on Jessicas myspace for them to be on TAR. Think it would happen? I could handle Jessica but not Eric :lol3:

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re: Jessica and Eric BB8 Petition to be on AR
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 04:41:49 PM »
i just don't see it happening....lets petition for some NEW people to be on Reality TV, and not the same old re-hashed people all the time. This is the one problem with Reality TV, we always want to see people we already know. Lets get some new ones on there!!

Just MHO

Rob

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 05:00:48 PM »
I am with you 100%, ROB. There have been far too many retreads from Survivor and Big Bother on the Amazing Race already. I do not want to see any more AND I don't want too see celebrities either. Fresh new faces, that's the way to go in TAR casting. Maybe an occasional Amazing Race graduates race; let's just be more realistic and not call it All-Stars when it occurs in the future. I would love to see Tammy and Bill Gaghan again and particularly Colin and Christie. There were many other worthy past teams that got left out of AR11 beacuse they were judged not as interesting as the ones selected.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 07:14:21 PM by apskip »

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 10:39:45 PM »
I agree Rob. But look at Rob and Amber. Survivor, TAR. They were popular (exactly why CBS has season 7 of Amazing Race out before seasons 2-6) because everyone would buy it for Rob and Amber. I think that if it were Janelle, there was talk about her doing it with Nick but even if he did it with Daniele. I agree CBS needs to go FIND people for these things but this is how they get people to watch. I know someone who never watched Amazing Race, until Rob and Amber were on it :rolleyes:

Obviously I don't like Eric and even if I *did* think that petitions worked I know I still wouldn't sign it.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 12:07:59 AM »
I think that CBS needs to stop casting models for their reality shows and start casting real guys and girls! I think that's what the problem is. It's either "too many people from other CBS reality shows" or "too many models". If someone got the nerve to write to say "well, why don't we get a bunch of normal American citizens and have them go from exotic location to exotic locale" or something like that, I would watch more. But since it's a bunch of skinny, beautiful people, the entire point is worthless.

I'm sorry for ranting, but I needed to get this off of my chest. I'm sure CBS doesn't care what I personally think, so they'll go ahead and recruit someone from either Survivor or Big Brother, added in with a few teams of models just to squeeze in "drama".
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 12:16:13 AM »
I think that CBS needs to stop casting models for their reality shows and start casting real guys and girls! I think that's what the problem is. It's either "too many people from other CBS reality shows" or "too many models". If someone got the nerve to write to say "well, why don't we get a bunch of normal American citizens and have them go from exotic location to exotic locale" or something like that, I would watch more. But since it's a bunch of skinny, beautiful people, the entire point is worthless.

I'm sorry for ranting, but I needed to get this off of my chest. I'm sure CBS doesn't care what I personally think, so they'll go ahead and recruit someone from either Survivor or Big Brother, added in with a few teams of models just to squeeze in "drama".

They have "The biggest Loser" And I dont think Amber and Jameka are models only hopefuls

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 12:27:37 AM »
And that's what I like about Biggest Loser -- it's a bunch of people hoping to change their lives in a positive manner. At least NBC can understand that life isn't just about a bunch of thin, beautiful (on the outside) people. Beauty is on the inside, and if they have a show that brings out the best in people, then kudos to them.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 12:38:28 AM »
And that's what I like about Biggest Loser -- it's a bunch of people hoping to change their lives in a positive manner. At least NBC can understand that life isn't just about a bunch of thin, beautiful (on the outside) people. Beauty is on the inside, and if they have a show that brings out the best in people, then kudos to them.

You've lost me now. Do you like BB or not. I think you like the idea of the show but you just think they are to good looking or are models.
I personally don't find that to be true.
I found BB finds average Americans who are shoe salesman, or whatever average jobs and gives them an opportunity to win $500,000.00.
I mean Kail is older and a mom.
I really think they tried to get a whole bunch of average people.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 12:45:12 AM »
I like the show, I really do. But I think it's just the representation of those who are picked to be on television that I'm not sure about. It might have been the fact that only two of the HGs had been married before (and Kail was the only one who was married).

Maybe it's because there's at least one model in every season? I'm not sure. I know I sounded pretty much like a revolving door, so getting the jist of my speech might have needed its own translator.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 01:39:32 AM »
Honestly with the model thing I think that is alot due to the fact they cast younger people, and younger people sign up for the show!!! So all we see is skinny people that haven't cranked out kids or what not. :lol3: Can ya tell im bitter - thank you boys! I think the problem is, no offense to Californians, but thats where alot come from. People leave where they grew up at to go out there and pursue their dreams.

I dunno, I can name quite a few "normal" people on TAR and Big Brother, I really liked Dave and Mary. But maybe thats just cause I am from the south.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 10:21:03 AM »
David and Mary are perfect examples of what reality shows should be like -- normal people who wouldn't mind having a little bit of fun! I would love to have a little bit of fun for a month or two (or three), but if I try to send anything in when I turn 21 next month, I don't think they'll enjoy having me around in front of cameras.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 11:10:06 AM »

You've lost me now. Do you like BB or not. I think you like the idea of the show but you just think they are to good looking or are models.
I personally don't find that to be true.
I found BB finds average Americans who are shoe salesman, or whatever average jobs and gives them an opportunity to win $500,000.00.
I mean Kail is older and a mom.
I really think they tried to get a whole bunch of average people.

Dick was an "average" American?  Not where I come from!

I agree, keep all these worn-out "average" hasbeens off TAR

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 11:54:44 AM »
I agree, keep all these worn-out "average" hasbeens off TAR

I am totally in favor of keeping recycled Reality TV stars off of TAR, as well as recruited Mactors.

TAR doesn't need it, and most of us die-hard fans don't want it.

But "average"?  I'm all in favor of average! When I think of some of the teams who had a huge popular following, I think of Linda/Karen, Dave/Lori, and of course, David/Mary. The charm of their races was so much involved with how these basically ordinary Americans would react to the travel, the tough physical tasks, and the places and people they got to see.  Having such contestants on lets the rest of us imagine how we would have done in the same situation--which for me anyway, is a lot of the fun!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 09:57:02 AM »
 ;D  Yeah, I can totally see Jessica in a future TAR....yeah, IF SHE COULD RACE WHILE IN BED!    :lol3:   They both are LOSERS!  :snicker:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 09:42:42 PM »
As much as I liked the two on BB, their 15 minutes are up. Stay away from TAR. Mactors and recycled reality stars should go to the Mactors and Reality TV Retirement Homes.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 09:47:51 PM »
AMEN!

or to FOX... :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.