The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Jessica and Eric BB8 Petition to be on AR

<< < (2/4) > >>

marigold:

--- Quote from: Mandoli on September 23, 2007, 12:07:59 AM ---I think that CBS needs to stop casting models for their reality shows and start casting real guys and girls! I think that's what the problem is. It's either "too many people from other CBS reality shows" or "too many models". If someone got the nerve to write to say "well, why don't we get a bunch of normal American citizens and have them go from exotic location to exotic locale" or something like that, I would watch more. But since it's a bunch of skinny, beautiful people, the entire point is worthless.

I'm sorry for ranting, but I needed to get this off of my chest. I'm sure CBS doesn't care what I personally think, so they'll go ahead and recruit someone from either Survivor or Big Brother, added in with a few teams of models just to squeeze in "drama".

--- End quote ---

They have "The biggest Loser" And I dont think Amber and Jameka are models only hopefuls

Mandoli:
And that's what I like about Biggest Loser -- it's a bunch of people hoping to change their lives in a positive manner. At least NBC can understand that life isn't just about a bunch of thin, beautiful (on the outside) people. Beauty is on the inside, and if they have a show that brings out the best in people, then kudos to them.

marigold:

--- Quote from: Mandoli on September 23, 2007, 12:27:37 AM ---And that's what I like about Biggest Loser -- it's a bunch of people hoping to change their lives in a positive manner. At least NBC can understand that life isn't just about a bunch of thin, beautiful (on the outside) people. Beauty is on the inside, and if they have a show that brings out the best in people, then kudos to them.

--- End quote ---

You've lost me now. Do you like BB or not. I think you like the idea of the show but you just think they are to good looking or are models.
I personally don't find that to be true.
I found BB finds average Americans who are shoe salesman, or whatever average jobs and gives them an opportunity to win $500,000.00.
I mean Kail is older and a mom.
I really think they tried to get a whole bunch of average people.

Mandoli:
I like the show, I really do. But I think it's just the representation of those who are picked to be on television that I'm not sure about. It might have been the fact that only two of the HGs had been married before (and Kail was the only one who was married).

Maybe it's because there's at least one model in every season? I'm not sure. I know I sounded pretty much like a revolving door, so getting the jist of my speech might have needed its own translator.

MamaTo4boys:
Honestly with the model thing I think that is alot due to the fact they cast younger people, and younger people sign up for the show!!! So all we see is skinny people that haven't cranked out kids or what not. :lol3: Can ya tell im bitter - thank you boys! I think the problem is, no offense to Californians, but thats where alot come from. People leave where they grew up at to go out there and pursue their dreams.

I dunno, I can name quite a few "normal" people on TAR and Big Brother, I really liked Dave and Mary. But maybe thats just cause I am from the south.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version