Author Topic: What if BB8 ED & Daniele were on TAR...  (Read 8979 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
What if BB8 ED & Daniele were on TAR...
« on: August 30, 2007, 05:49:24 PM »
 :lol:  Found this posting on Sucks by roadblocker, speculating what it would be like having ED & Daniele (from BB8) as a TAR team...

Daniele on TAR..

"I hate being in this car with you! I'm so sick of you! I hate you! I hate the other teams! Aaarrrghh! This is soooooooo FRUSTRATIIIIIIIIIIIING!"
"You never let ME drive! Why don't you want ME to drive? I honestly wanted to run the race with Nick, not you! This is soooooo FRUSTRATIIIIIIIING!"
"Aaarrrgh!!! I can't drive a stick! You didn't teach ME how to drive stick shift!!! You weren't there for me!!!! You didn't give ME driving lessons! I didn't have a father. I had to teach myself how to drive! Aaaaarrgh!!! Soooooooooo FRUSTRATIIIIIIIIIIING!"
"Honestly, I really don't know what this clue honestly says. Honestly, I think you should do the roadblock to be honest, because it requires eating, and honestly, I'm not good at that kind of stuff - and I'm being honest - nothing personal, just strategic."

:snicker: ;) :rotf: :lol: :yess: :lol3: :groan: :meow:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: What if BB8 ED & Daniele were on TAR...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 06:06:18 PM »
Roadblocker is freaking funny  :lol:

on another note .. I've never ever heard Dani or Dick talk about TAR, if anything Jameka & Eric are the true race fans and Dick is a fan of Survivor as far as I can tell.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 03:31:44 PM »
OMG--if this is TAR's future? Just shoot me now! :groan:

http://realityinsiders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50768

Will Donato's Team Up for 'TAR'?

In a peculiar move, the Big Brother producers left Julie Chen's mic on as the closing credits rolled on the Big Brother 8 finale, allowing audiences a candid listen into a conversation between Julie and the Donatos. Although it mostly centered around their schedule for the following two days, Julie ended up asking the Donatos about their possible interest in teaming up for The Amazing Race. Such cross-breeding CBS reality star speculation has occurred before, most recently with Dr. Will and Mike Boogie, but the prospect of a double Donato Amazing Race team is exciting nonetheless.

Unfortunately for Donato fans, the earliest a Dick and Daniele racing tandem would hit airwaves is the fall of 2008. There is no Amazing Race season this fall, which is a major drag, and the spring edition has already filmed. The production for the next race would likely get in gear late next spring or early summer, which gives the Donatos ample time to make their decision, if they're offered the job. But, let's be honest, CBS would be foolish not to toss out that invite. Ratings are what matters and ratings are what the Donatos would bring.

Would Dick and Daniele accept? The two are certainly up for the challenge, one would presume. Both have expressed the desire to use their winnings for world travel, so they would have no trepidations with heading off to remote countries around the world. Dick, especially, is gung-ho about his upcoming travels and, as seen during the Big Brother season, is always eager to spend time with his daughter. The only stumbling block I see is the willingness of Daniele to spend more time with her father. She's been overtly non-committal about the future of her relationship with Dick in the exit interviews and, even with a million dollar payday as enticement, Daniele might not want to spend that much time with her abrasive father. In fact, I wouldn't put it past her to make a play for her and new beau Nick to compete as a team.

And then there was this:

After Evel Dick Donato won half a million dollars on Big Brother 8, he told Julie Chen that he planned on taking a trip around the world. After Julie Chen said goodnight to viewers, the cameras kept rolling as she turned to Evel Dick and Daniele and asked “So you guys want to go on Amazing Race?”

Daniele laughed and said “Shut up.”  Evel Dick laughed and said “It’s funny.  Inside the house we talked and she goes ‘this is the beginning of it and that would be the end.’”  Julie Chen laughed back and said “You never know, that would be a bond like no other.”  Daniele then changed the subject by asking Julie Chen if she was going to the wrap party
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 03:51:38 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 06:01:42 PM »
If that's going to be the future of Amazing Race, I think someone better remind me not to watch that season until the two of them have been eliminated via Phil!
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 07:23:02 PM »
Those who have followed the ENTIRE thread on SUCKS know 2 things:

1. it was originated by bete noir Jonathan Baker (excuse me for not having the French accent circonflexe readily available for the first e in bete)

2. the prevailing opinion there is that it is a terrible idea

I agree with that prevailing opinion, as you would know from another post on another thread here.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 07:41:35 PM »
FWIW Dick does not even watch The Amazing Race, Dani is a fan but I have never heard them express interest on being on it aside from Dick saying that he would like to be Janelles partner after Jameka told them that she, Janelle, was a fan of TAR and has tried out.
Dick applied for BB5 , he and Dani applied for BB6 but she was too young then they had to wait out BB7 because of All-Stars and then there was BB8 and you all know how that turned out and yes they did know that each other would be on .. the fake twist surprise was faked by the BB producers.

If anyone, Eric & Jameka were huge fans of the race and have talked about being on it even as partners except neither of them can drive a stick shift, lol.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 10:43:55 PM »
Ditto Puddin, I have also heard of Nick and Janelle being on TAR, as well as now Eric and Jessica (guess she was a fan to lol) have a petition that CBS asks them to do it. I think that Nick/Daniele would do it before Janelle though. I think Jameka would be good on TAR, and sorry Jen haters but I think she would be good on it. Jen/Jameka :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 11:35:50 PM »
Puddin & Janelle  :jam:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 01:40:33 AM »
Thats the rumor I heard, so its confirmed :lol3: Just kidding!!!

If Dick was on the show, could you imagine how many editors they will have to pay just to keep up with him.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 11:18:08 AM »
No, NO, A THOUSAND TIMES NO :dick

TAR needs no Big Bother roomies, whether they be father and daughter, or whatevers.

I couldn't think of a worse representative of the good ole US of A in the travels around the world than BB Dick.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 11:28:13 AM »
AMEN! G-man!  :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 07:09:45 PM »

Word!  Really, if this happened, TAR would win the Emmy everytime going forward.  No other Reality Show nominations...TAR would get it immediately.  No suspense.  It would be like those honorary awards one would receive for a lifetime achievement award.

I definitely will be behind a Janelle/Puddin team!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 01:04:46 PM »

Word!  Really, if this happened, TAR would win the Emmy everytime going forward.  No other Reality Show nominations...TAR would get it immediately.  No suspense.  It would be like those honorary awards one would receive for a lifetime achievement award.

I definitely will be behind a Janelle/Puddin team!

I'll join the Puddin/Janie bandwagon as well. With their luck, they'd become the first all-female team to win! :yess: Ratings would practically skyrocket!

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 12:50:49 AM »
But if Puddin was on TAR, then she couldn't help with spoilers :lol3: Alright, I suppose we can give her a break just this one time ;)

I've wanted to go on Amazing Race so bad, but there is NO way I could leave my kiddos.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 01:30:10 AM »
I would love to be on Amazing Race. I know someone who would love to be on the show as well, and I think we would do good for the title of "internet friends". I'm just two years too young, however, and by the time I turn 21, I think reality television might be done and over with.

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 08:54:55 AM »
I tried out for season 5 with an internet friend.  We were going to be the marathon moms. We got a call back but the bowling Moms took our place :'(

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2007, 09:45:03 PM »
But we never would have seen Littlebean if you did that, Tammy. I liked seeing your family in TAR8. :)
Just here to visit.