Author Topic: Episode #1 (spoilers if you haven't seen it yet)  (Read 6944 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Episode #1 (spoilers if you haven't seen it yet)
« on: September 20, 2007, 07:55:14 PM »
Didn't think Chicken would be the first one to go!! Kinda shocking to me anyway....

Very interesting cast over all, I just don't like the Tribal Council set they have. I like the more 'hut' look to TC, I didn't like Thailand either that way!

Good show, however!!

Can't wait till next week!

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Episode #1 (spoilers if you haven't seen it yet)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 08:07:23 PM »
Mighty nice of them to give the players sneakers  :lol:! I love Courtney! You go girl!!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 08:17:50 PM »
It feels so gloomy :(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 08:33:09 PM »
They had flooding at the time this was being filmed --

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200206/20/eng20020620_98189.shtml

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 08:33:20 PM »
I think it looks fabulous! But it will look even better when the sun comes out!  This was right around the time of all those floods I think?? Or just before?

And I still wish we would get a 2 hour premiere--I didn't see near enough of that cute Nashville guy! :lol:

Laughed at our Georgia girl in her bra--Courtney made me laugh but I'll probably want to slap her soon--Jean-Robert? With that gut low-riders are so NOT a good look!

And Chicken seemed to appreciate China--sad he was the 1st to go because of that alone...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 11:23:38 PM »
Okay, (taking deep breath, and jumping in.)

I am a first time poster.  I've been reading the BB8 updates and discussions since it started and I have to say that you guys totally rock with your insights and disections.  I must compliment the Photochop thread.  I have a large increase in laundry after looking at those LOL. ;D

So far, with one episode done, I have great hopes that this Survivor has gotten back on the shark.  It seriously needs to return to the purity of the challenges and intrigue, without all the twists and turns from the last few.

Now, be gentle if you disagree, as I'm reallly reallllllly new here.

Saucy  :flirt:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 11:32:42 PM »

I am a first time poster.  I've been reading the BB8 updates and discussions since it started and I have to say that you guys totally rock with your insights and disections.  I must compliment the Photochop thread.  I have a large increase in laundry after looking at those LOL. ;D

So far, with one episode done, I have great hopes that this Survivor has gotten back on the shark.  It seriously needs to return to the purity of the challenges and intrigue, without all the twists and turns from the last few.

Oh, I've recently been there, not to worry!! Welcome and feel free to express your views. You'll see how fast you'll pick up.  :welcome:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 11:34:36 PM »
Welcome a1mamacat!  :ty4posting

Jeff said somewhere in all those videos, that he was looking forward to a Survivor like Survivor 1--16 people, no exile island--

and just one nice new twist! :lol:

The location is going to be the star here I think...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 11:57:21 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Show looks very good so far, nice diverse cast, but lordy, that Courtney has to go.  I can't take another whiney blonde princess right now LOL.  She will find it so "Fruuuustrating and these peeeeople"

Frosti and James look to be quite intriguing, and James certainly provides some excellent visuals, lol.

So sorry Chicken left so soon, because he could have provided some really interesting moments.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 12:04:08 AM »

I totally agree with you regarding Survivor. I think this season will actually be the best one yet. Don't worry about the laundry, there will always be laundry, dishes and housework  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 12:14:37 AM »
welcome Saucy :hearts:

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 07:11:05 AM »
I agree that Courtney has to go. I am so tired of winey blonde bitches this year with Daniele in BB8. Welcome Saucy!!!

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 07:23:48 AM »
ca bb fan :  i think u misunderstood the laundry comment lol ;)

Great show last night...Chicken whom I keep wanting to call George!! (old habits I guess lol)
Courtney drove me nuts and PeiGhei or however you write her name.  I noticed the shoes early when georgia was wearing them with her pink dress...poor girl has a hole in it already!!

Should be an interesting season...Frosti I Think might get kicked off early if he keeps failing at the things he claims he's good at!
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 07:32:37 AM »
I would love to see Courtney go home soon.  I found it interesting that Chicken and Tom Buchanan (S3-Africa) were both from Rich Valley, VA.  Wonder if Tom helped get him on the show???

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 09:02:33 AM »
It was a great show. I would have liked to see Chicken stay for a bit longer, Ashley could have gone home and I wouldn't have been sad one bit.
a1mamacat, welcome to the boards. Make sure you check out the longest running reality show podcast, Rob and Trevor do a fantastic job of discussing this and various other reality shows.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 09:09:40 AM »
Good Show... but Chicken did himself in by being stubborn and not giving opinions.  he was one of the strong ones he should have just started working on the shelter and the others would have helped and he would have looked like and asset to the group.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 09:11:15 AM »
Yea, I agree. I was going to make that comment, but forgot to add it in.  :zzz
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 05:23:54 PM »
Some ratings for last night:

CBS won Thursday's primetime with the premiere of "Survivor: China," which dominated but was down sharply to the lowest opening in the landmark reality series' history.

"Survivor: China" was still the top program on broadcast TV on Thursday, averaging 15.1 million viewers and a 4.9 rating/15 share between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m., according to preliminary estimates released Friday by Nielsen Media Research.

But "Survivor" dropped 25% in adults 18-49 compared with last year's "Survivor: Cook Islands" (18 million, 6.5/20) as well as the spring's "Survivor: Fiji" (16.4 million, 5.7/15).

LINK
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 09:50:05 AM »

ca bb fan :  i think u misunderstood the laundry comment lol

Saucy, Great to have you here. :welcome:  Thanks for the compliment on the photochop thread.  :ty3:

I was laughing out loud about your dirty laundry  :lol3:  but, that is what I want to do in the chops, make you guys laugh!

Thanks again
Blondie
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!