Author Topic: Kid Nation: The Episodes  (Read 46467 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Kid Nation: The Episodes
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2007, 07:17:25 PM »
Sorry you missed the first episode? No time to watch?  :didimiss:

Here's the 2-minute recap of Episode 1!

http://www.cbs.com/innertube/index.php?src=email&vid=159730&format=rm|wmv

Have time? :lol:

Here is the whole episode link!

http://www.cbs.com/innertube/index.php?src=email&vid=159066&format=rm|wmv

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2007, 07:34:41 PM »
Preview:

On the Next Episode of KID NATION
Bonanza City deals with its first crisis as temperatures plunge and the water supply freezes. As the town debates whether or not to kill chickens for protein, a group of kids protests by locking the chickens--and themselves--in the coop. The Town Council find themselves in a tense stalemate as they debate between two possible recipients for the Gold Star.

video here: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/kid_nation/

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2007, 08:52:26 PM »
Ok I hate chickens (I have been bit and pecked way too many times - I much prefer my big animals) but I have to admit that chicken looks kinda cute :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2007, 09:17:01 PM »
I have to admit that chicken looks kinda cute  :lol3:

......for dinner! :rotf:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2007, 09:23:44 AM »
Episode 1 is going to be shown again at 8pm tonight on CBS

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2007, 09:31:11 AM »
Thanks Tammy, I couldn't watch the entire episode on Wednesday night so I can see it today..maybe they are seeing if it'll do better on a Saturday night.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2007, 11:51:59 AM »
Oh yay, thanks. I watched all of episode 1 but will watch it again  :lol: Of course that is if football doesn't get in the way. I have priorities ;)

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2007, 12:33:42 PM »
I'm going to be out of the house. Oh, darn. :( At least I'm sticking around town.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2007, 02:58:23 PM »
I remember during season 5 of the Amazing Race they showed it during the week and also on Saturday nights.  Maybe they will do that for Kid Nation until it gets a following.  I know it is hard for me right now to watch TV before 9pm.  The girls still have practice until 7:30(getting dark though) or play practice so by the time we get home they eat,do homework or shower.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2007, 04:37:34 PM »
I read somewhere that they were going to do it both nights as well because alot of the kids are in bed and they want to target the kids ??? I guess on the weekends they don't go to bed at 8. LOL!

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2007, 04:41:53 PM »
My kids start heading up to bed around 8:30 on weekdays.  On the weekends it ids like a free for all.  Usually, I am asleep before they are.

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2007, 08:14:10 PM »
Peach - You would have got a kick out of watching the show with us.  Carissa wanted go after several of the kids for being so stupid then she said she would probably be the only one who would get kicked off for violence. She also wanted to know why they would pass up a TV when they can just crap behind a tree.  :groan:

Kelley of course loved every part of it and would have chosen the outhouses.  She is the peacemaker and entertainer in my family.

Billy had to leave to go play Man Hunt so he said to tape it so he could make fun of all of the kids. He said the show was stupid but was worth a few laughs.

The girls felt there were too many cry babies on the show where as Billy said you need the babies to make fun of.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2007, 08:51:55 PM »
Carissa cracks me up!

And good for Kelley--I think next week when they go after the chickens that they will need a peacemaker!

I have no idea what Man Hunt is--but I think I'd like to play! :lol3:

What did they really like and not like? Did they think it looked fun or scary?

What in particular did they think about the whole "caste" system where you are paid and have staus based on your job in the town because that part bothered me??  Or did they even notice?

Did they think Sophia was doing a good job or too bossy??  Did they think Jimmy was right to go home or should he have stuck it out??

See--I would have LOVED to watch it with y'all!

If they want--send 'em in to talk about it!   Or is that too much like homework?? B:) :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2007, 10:47:30 PM »
How old is Carissa now?

My other neice watched it with a family friend (12 and 14) and they can't stand Sophia :yess: Haha!

I fell asleep, I really wanted to watch the episode again. But hubby took the boys to the mud run at the fair (yes were hillbillies) and well no kids and quiet ;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2007, 11:18:12 PM »
How old is Carissa now?

I think 11, mama?  and very grown up. But it is Billy who is really all grown up now--in the nicest way!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2007, 01:35:23 AM »
Thanks GP, I had been wondering :lol:

Nuala

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2007, 07:58:11 AM »
Kid Nation Rocks. 

I would like to be there as a support for the kids.  I am a 3rd grade teacher and this would be a true hands on learning experience for my students.  This is what school should be like.  It would give students the opportunity to learn how to work as a team and overcome challenges. 

Those kids cook better than I do.  I am impressed. 

Gerry cracked me up.

In no way did I ever think the show was negative.  I can't wait for this weeks episode. 

I worked at a Summer Camp as a Ranger Counselor and I taught children how to survive in the woods for a 3 week period of time.  I cook better on an open fire and can cook a mean dutch over meal.  I don't cook well on a stove.  LOL.  Watching the show reminds me of my experiences with my campers and the love of team work. 
I am going to do some research and find out if they do the show again could I join in on the fun!!!!

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2007, 08:34:02 AM »
I have no idea what Man Hunt is--but I think I'd like to play!
It is hide and seek in the dark

What did they really like and not like? Did they think it looked fun or scary?
Kelley like-Liked how the kids could chose if they wanted to go home, Could use the golden star money for whatever you wanted
Carissa like-How you could win a gold star,buy stuff in your town, B:) B:) B:)

Kelley didn't like-She loved everything except that they would show a kids age with their name on the TV but then the kid would say he was a year older.  Like when the kids went hunting for the rabbit with Jimmy the showed a kid as being 9 butt then he said he was 10.  They did this a few times.
Carissa didn't like - How you got paid before you did your job, how everyone was yelling about killing a chicken, how the kids got mad about the chalk because it was kind of funny I thought,how everyone was complaining about the thin mattresses since they were lucky they got one, why would a kid want to go home when it is one in a billion chance to go on, mike was a brat and could dish it out but couldn't take it, how everyone was complaining they only had one outhouse - Just go behind a dune or something,didn't get to meet enough of the kids only the cry baby ones this time. A lot of the kids were acting stupid B:) B:) B:)

Both Kelley and Carissa thought it looked fun

What in particular did they think about the whole "caste" system where you are paid and have staus based on your job in the town because that part bothered me??  Or did they even notice?
Carissa - They should have been able to pick a council as a group not be given one. Everyone should get paid the same amount for the jobs they do after the challenge they should get extra money or some kind of reward on how well they did in the challenge. I did like how the challenge chose what jobs they would have though
Kelley - liked it the way it was because in the real world we all make different kinds of money based on what jobs we have

Did they think Sophia was doing a good job or too bossy??  Did they think Jimmy was right to go home or should he have stuck it out??
Carissa and Kelley- Sofia was too bossy and didn't like her at all
Carissa and Kelley Both thought Jimmy should have stayed.  Kelley liked him and Carissa was happy he left since all he did was cry

See--I would have LOVED to watch it with y'all!

If they want--send 'em in to talk about it!   Or is that too much like homework??
  Carissa said she would answer any questions you have you can call her anytime :yess:

Yes Carissa is 11 and Kelley is 9
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 08:37:23 AM by banredbeans »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2007, 09:44:14 AM »
Kid Nation Rocks. 

I would like to be there as a support for the kids.   I am a 3rd grade teacher and this would be a true hands on learning experience for my students.  This is what school should be like.  It would give students the opportunity to learn how to work as a team and overcome challenges.  ......

I am going to do some research and find out if they do the show again could I join in on the fun!!!!

Okay Nuala--you go as a Counselor for the kids and I'll join the medical team-- :wohoo:  what a duo we would be!  :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2007, 10:56:29 AM »

Hi Kelley!  :waves: Hi Carissa! :hello2:   Thanks for talking with us about the show! :hfive:

Kelley liked-Liked how the kids could chose if they wanted to go home,

Best idea ever for me too! I like that they have an "out" if they need it. 
What would you have thought if they had had some kind of "vote off your teammates" in this show?

Kelley didn't like-She loved everything except that they would show a kids age with their name on the TV but then the kid would say he was a year older.  Like when the kids went hunting for the rabbit with Jimmy the showed a kid as being 9 butt then he said he was 10.  They did this a few times.
I knew y'all would make me think! I am going right back to watch this again as I didn't notice it! :groan:

Carissa didn't like - How you got paid before you did your job, how everyone was yelling about killing a chicken, how the kids got mad about the chalk because it was kind of funny I thought,how everyone was complaining about the thin mattresses since they were lucky they got one, why would a kid want to go home when it is one in a billion chance to go on, mike was a brat and could dish it out but couldn't take it, how everyone was complaining they only had one outhouse - Just go behind a dune or something,didn't get to meet enough of the kids only the cry baby ones this time. A lot of the kids were acting stupid B:) B:) B:)

Uh-oh Carissa...Based on the preview I think that that chicken provides all the drama next week! 
I know that in your season of TAR it took me a few episodes to learn everyone's names--and I guess it will be the same here! I would have liked to have seen more of the farm kids with the animals though, and the way the kids started to make friends with everyone instead of the whiners.

Both Kelley and Carissa thought it looked fun

Me too!

Carissa - They should have been able to pick a council as a group not be given one. Everyone should get paid the same amount for the jobs they do after the challenge they should get extra money or some kind of reward on how well they did in the challenge. I did like how the challenge chose what jobs they would have though

Kelley - liked it the way it was because in the real world we all make different kinds of money based on what jobs we have
Excellent points!

Did Sophie have a good idea about dancing for money?

Kelley and Carissa: Who did a good job on the Council? Did Mike? Would you want to be on the council or not--did that look like too much work or a cool job? What job would you have liked? Do you think the jobs will change next week?

Carissa and Kelley- Sofia was too bossy and didn't like her at all
Carissa and Kelley Both thought Jimmy should have stayed.  Kelley liked him and  Carissa was happy he left since all he did was cry.
I liked how he made up his mind and didn't change it! He was going home!!

Carissa said she would answer any questions you have you can call her anytime :yess:

:hearts: :ghug:

Thank you Carissa and Kelley!  :thankyou: :yourock:  Can't WAIT to hear what you think of next week's show!! :happy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2007, 07:20:17 PM »
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/kid_nation/

Kid Nation 2 casting call, I know some were talking about this so I thought I would post it. I may be behind, but don't think i've seen it posted!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2007, 11:06:38 PM »
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/kid_nation/

Kid Nation 2 casting call, I know some were talking about this so I thought I would post it. I may be behind, but don't think i've seen it posted!

filming is rumored to gotto the czech republic

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2007, 11:10:19 PM »
kogs, if you have the link to this will you post it? Because i can't find it anywhere...and would love to read about it. Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2007, 12:48:57 AM »
I don't think they can take the kids out of the country without their legal guardian.

BTW I don't know where on that page is the casting call for Kid Nation 2, I saw it on the CBS homepage. They had a thing for Big Brother 9 and Power of 10 as well!!!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2007, 07:04:30 AM »
kogs, if you have the link to this will you post it? Because i can't find it anywhere...and would love to read about it. Thanks!

its in the abuse thread i started with all those articals