Author Topic: Kid Nation: The Episodes  (Read 46482 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: Kid Nation: The Episodes
« Reply #225 on: December 13, 2007, 03:28:48 AM »
Ok, got it straight now.  It WAS red head Laurel, Not Taylor, who sang Amazing Grace 2 or 3 wk ago.  (Ginger Kid?  See I didn't watch enough to know the nicknames or get to know who was who. )

I really wish I'd watched this show thruout and hope there will be reruns so I can watch it all!!   

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2008, 01:28:35 AM »
Just curious and I didn't wanna start a new thread but has anyone heard about a season 2 of this? I know there was applications and then where the second season would be so im curious.

My neices teacher uses this as homework (my neice LOVES that cause she has an excuse to watch TV) and I guess she mentioned that it was coming soon. So I was assuming that would mean THIS school year, but there is no way I wouldn't think they could have all their kids, plus have a place and then film for it to be ready by June. Hmmm?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"Kid Nation" Is No More
« Reply #227 on: February 15, 2008, 06:10:41 PM »
"Kid Nation" Is No More

Remember "Kid Nation?"

It was only the cause celebre of the '07-'08 season, with endless stories written about, and over which countless calls were made by reporters to child welfare services in New Mexico, state investigation panels convened, and critics so exercised by the possible legal and moral ramifications of it all that they lost sleep AND weight (often at the same time.)

It was quite a show.

Anyway, it's dead.

Or almost certainly dead - or like that soap that's 99.999 percent pure - it's 99.999 percent dead.

CBS announced its '08-09 returning shows last night, and "Kid" was not amongst the living. Here's the complete list, and no major surprises: "Cold Case," "Criminal Minds," "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," "CSI: Miami," "CSI: NY," "Ghost Whisperer," "NCIS," "Numb3rs," "Two and a Half Men," "Without a Trace," "The Big Bang Theory." Of the reality crew, CBS had already announced that '"Survivor" and "The Amazing Race" were back.

I emailed CBS's laudatory primetime press man, Phil Gonzales, about the unfortunate state of affairs with regards "Kid Nation." He wrote back: "Other than the shows that we just announced as renewed, no final decisions have been made on any shows for next year. We just ordered 4 more post-strike originals for 'Moonlight' and 'Jericho' is in 'Cane’s' time period for now."

Phil is just too polite to say it, so I'll say it for him:

"Kid Nation" is dead.

Without "Kid Nation" to kick around, what will give critics exercise this fall? (They'll have to go out and run around the block, I guess.) At least they'll get some sleep.

And - I'm glad you asked - what about "Cane." Again, I think this announcement pretty much says it all. It too is gone. That's a bummer - especially for Jimmy Smits fans. But here's the silver lining: This means that the splendid Nestor Carbonell - who just happens to be one of my favorite actors in the solar system - will get to return to "Lost" where he can complete his great and never-aging portrayal of Richard.

Yes, "Others" dude Richard Alpert with 99.999 percent certainty WILL be back and that's the best news today.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/blog/2008/02/kid_nation_is_no_more.html

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #228 on: February 23, 2008, 08:18:17 PM »
This has nothing to do w/ Kid Nation, but will put it here since it is mentioned in the above article.

I'm so sorry it looks certain that Cane is cancelled, starring Jimmy Smits.  I've been an avid fan of his since NYPD, and really loved him in Cane.  Liked him better in NYPD, yet he did a great job in Cane.  It was good to see him with a major role again.  Hope he finds another leading role in a show that stays!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #229 on: February 23, 2008, 08:23:02 PM »
OH and sorry for all Kid Nation fans...looks purdy certain that it was cancelled.  :(

Offline krissilove

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #230 on: February 25, 2008, 08:16:19 PM »
aww i loved this show. i miss it. cant wait for next season haha

from it i started talking to greg..i was in love with him haha. i got his # and his myspace. hes a chill guy <33
I am Krissi. I love bb9.
I love pink! I love James,
we have matching hair :]
        The End <333

oh and. myspace:
myspace.com/krissilove1027

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #231 on: February 25, 2008, 08:24:51 PM »
What is his myspace???

Rob

Offline krissilove

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #232 on: February 25, 2008, 08:38:20 PM »
www.myspace.com/greg_pheasant 

:]  <3333 i love that kid haha
I am Krissi. I love bb9.
I love pink! I love James,
we have matching hair :]
        The End <333

oh and. myspace:
myspace.com/krissilove1027

Offline Reality Rehash

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • REALITY REHASH
« Reply #233 on: March 09, 2008, 08:44:49 AM »
Has anyone heard anything on if this show is returning or not for a 2nd season? I know they casted for it but not sure if it's going to happen or not.
REALITY REHASH - Reliving Reality So You Don't Have To

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #234 on: March 09, 2008, 10:49:25 AM »
To the best of our knowledge, this has not been renewed. There were certainly casting calls for it, but I think that was as far as it went...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.