Author Topic: "Around the World for Free!"  (Read 26266 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
"Around the World for Free!"
« on: September 17, 2007, 09:30:05 PM »
Alex Boylan (winner of TAR 2 with Chris)  has a new venture!

He will be doing an Internet show launching tomorrow morning between 8 and 9 AM on TES!

The premise? He is going to go around the world again (buddy Chris will be the cameraman) with no $$ at all. He will be relying totally on "the kindness of strangers" and tips from us, the Internet viewers.

See the Intro video, and read MORE HERE.

From Alex:
CBS Early Show on CBS next Tuesday, September 18th (THIS WILL BE THE LIVE LAUNCH so make sure you tune in and tell all your friends!)
We will be leaving the Early Show in NYC and heading south along the East Coast towards Florida and then hopefully onwards to the Caribbean! So here's your first chance to input on the show - - If you know anyone who wants to be part of this leg of the journey and has a ride, place to crash, a boat, or valuable connection, please log on to http://www.aroundtheworldforfree.com and send me (Alex) a message (use the button on the top grey menu bar).

Well, that's it guys... next time I talk to you it will be from the road. I hope you enjoy the show and some of the videos we have uploaded to date!! Lots more on the way soon!

Cheers and never stop traveling!!

Alex Boylan

Anybody want to watch with me??  Sounds like fun!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 11:34:28 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: "Around the World for Free!"
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 10:29:03 PM »
Peach, I know that several sources have erroneously reportedly that AR2 teammate Chris Luca will be accompanying Alex as his cameraman. If you look on the AroundtheWorldforFree website, you will find that Zsolt Luka (last name very close, accounting for the confusion) is the actual cameraman. Chris is not going on ATWFF.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 03:07:03 PM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 11:37:01 PM »
Darn! I did kind of wonder about that!  :groan:

Here is the real cameraman: http://www.aroundtheworldforfree.com/html/about.html

Thanks for the fix!  :dancer:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 02:30:34 PM »
TES video: http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=3271586n

More info: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/09/13/earlyshow/main3258197.shtml

As you track Alex's progress on the "Around the World" website and watch his weekly reports for The Early Show, you'll find out where he's hoping to head to next. And as he heads there, he'll be looking for advice, a friendly local face, maybe even a place to stay for the night. Have you been to a small town along the way and know some interesting information, pass it on.

If you live near where Alex is headed, or know someone who is nearby, you can let Alex know on his site and help him on that leg of his trip. Have a friend there who needs to hire some help? Alex is looking for work. Have a cousin with a restaurant who might want to give Alex a meal? Alex would definitely like a free lunch. If he's in their neck of the woods, he'll likely stop by.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 10:30:30 AM »
Update: http://www.aroundtheworldforfree.com/

They were nervous about getting out of Manhatten but got a promise of a ride to Jersey from a construction worker.

But meanwhile, a woman named Debbie in Florence, SC sent them 2 train tickets--so they jumped on that-- and put them up in her house last night. They are going to visit some Florence hot-spots (is that an oxymoron?  :lol: ) today and then hope to continue the journey onwards--still trying to hook up with a way to get to the Caribbean! (me too! :rotf:)

Hmmm...SC and Georgia aren't that far apart! :lol3:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 08:42:56 AM »
Looks like they had a great time in SC and were spoiled rotten!  Lots of good press as well...

Now looking for the next step--and apparently the offers are pouring in!

Have to say I am impressed with the site/technology as well--clean videos,nice music, good sound--nice job guys!

http://www.aroundtheworldforfree.com/

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 08:22:40 AM »
So...somehow or the other he has made it down to Ponte Vedra Beach (Jacksonville) Florida--we don't know all the details yet---

or we might have, but I forgot to watch TES! :lol:

Looks like he is doing pretty well for himself--right on the Intercostal!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 01:24:45 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 12:21:36 AM »
Brief catch up:

Penn Station to Florence SC  (see story above)--driven to Mt Pleasant SC--had Chinese dinner with Becky--picked up there by old friend Dov--taken to Jacksonville, Fl to work on the 1st live clip for TES (see story above).

Currently, Alex is still in JAX considering his options..

I was fortunate enough to catch up with him for a second to "chat" today.

Here is a brief excerpt:

Tomorrow he plans to chat again and let us help decide on some of his options for the next place to go!

Here are Becky and Dov....

Is anybody watching this but me? I'm loving the serendipity of it all!  Any questions for Alex??

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 12:55:54 AM »
Well, the days of free courier flights (story here) and working your passage on a freighter are long gone. I'm not a frequent flier, but maybe someone can transfer their fly miles to him (he'd still have to pay various fees and taxes, though).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 03:30:37 PM »
The first book I ever bought when I started travelling extensively, was How to Be a Courier! Heee.....

So they are off!

Buddy Chris from TAR drove them from Jax to Sanford--near Orlando--a viewer put them up, fed them at a Steakhouse--and just bought them First class tickets to Puerto Rico!  (or maybe they were FF mile tickets, Slowhatch?)

I am a little disappointed that so far this has been more of a donate to Alex venture so far than a "let's use our ingenuity" for travelling for free--but I have hopes for things to change once they get to areas where they are less well known.

But the online community support is awesome.

http://www.aroundtheworldforfree.com/

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 11:17:47 PM »
Well--they made it to Puerto Rico!

Day 9 (9/26/07)
Hello Puerto Rico
After a great flight from Orlando to San Juan Puerto Rico..Zsolt and I arrived  to find Dwolf and Karlita waiting for us at the airport. We are in their town of Caguas which is smack in the middle of the country. They are taking us to a friends house for dinner where we will meet their family and friends. This is truly unreal!!
Get ready to see Puerto Rico with the locals...true ATWFF style!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 12:33:09 AM »

Quoted from MNSBC: The Amazing Race

To refresh the series, there will be a few changes, the race will feature younger contestants and it will drop the non-elimination legs. That means that unless there is an extended supersized leg of the race someone will go home every week.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 05:36:03 PM »
I actually followed this pretty closely--it will be interesting to see if they can transition it to TV. Zsolt had some amazing visuals...

From the Futon Critic:
AROUND THE WORLD FOR FREE TO AIR ON WGN AMERICA BEGINNING APRIL 16

45,000 miles, 159 days, 16 countries, 4 continents and ZERO dollars

NEW YORK, March 24, 2009

45,000 miles, 159 days, 16 countries, 4 continents and ZERO dollars. Beginning Thursday, April 16, WGN America, Tribune Broadcasting's nationally distributed cable, satellite and telco network will exclusively debut Around the World For Free. No script! No security! No problem! Around The World For Free pushes the envelope of reality entertainment with the journey of one man as he tries to circumnavigate the globe without a penny in his pocket, the ultimate trip in humanity.

In Around the World For Free Alex Boylan, winner of The Amazing Race 2, attempts the impossible: he strips himself of all monetary funds, and with only a backpack and the help of the online community, sets off on a mission to circumnavigate the globe. Beginning on April 16th WGN America will air Alex's entire voyage (available in HD) in 60-minute installments on Thursdays at 9 pm ET (6pm PT) with an additional airing at 12 midnight ET (9 pm PT). Filmed in 16 countries over 159 days, Around the World For Free follows Alex's trek from New York City to the untouched lands of Dominica, from a deportation in India right into a war zone in Kenya, and to the destitute poverty of Cambodia. Alex's journey puts the passion back into adventure and the real back into reality.

Around The World For Free is unlike any reality show out there.

Unparalleled access - with the lightest production "footprint" imaginable - only two people - host Alex and cameraman Zsolt not only reach corners of the world rarely if ever shown - they are able to weave in gripping stories from the slums of Caracas to the garbage dumps of Cambodia with an authenticity and ease that is simply unrivaled.

Unheard-of audience immersion - light-years beyond text voting and blogging, Around The World For Free's audience become true participants and shape the direction of the program on a daily basis. Random strangers step up to become online guides, local helpers, production assistants, hosts, stars, generous benefactors and most importantly, genuine friends of the crew every step of the way.

Unmatched rawness - no pre-determined travel path, no security, no "go-to" ground support - combined with a "no re-shoot" run-and-gun filming approach, creates a tangible honesty that transports viewers directly into the program.

Unbeatable music the program features some of the freshest original music on prime-time television, not only from North American bands, but even local musicians that the crew meets in countries such as Dominica and Tanzania, along the way.

"Around the World For Free was truly about discovering the beating heart of humanity in this world of misconceptions. The interactive format allowed the world to not only be a part of the experience, but to see itself in the purest and most immersive way possible," said Creator/Executive Producer/Host Alex Boylan.

The show highlights breathtaking scenery, exotic cultures and gripping human drama as Alex traverses countries like Trinidad, Venezuela, Peru, Tanzania, Thailand and Vietnam. Over the course of 159 days, Alex's global journey takes him by plane, train, bus and automobile, plus he manages to travel by hitchhiking, walking, jet skiing, paragliding and even trekking through a safari! However, traveling without funds requires Alex to come up with creative ways to earn money. From washing hair at a hairdressing school in Puerto Rico to harvesting bananas in rural South Africa, from clearing brush in the Kenyan Mara to working on a diving boat in Nha Trang, Vietnam, at each juncture Alex meets with the kindness and generosity of strangers in all corners of the globe.

Accompanying Alex on the road and documenting the entire voyage is sole crew member Zsolt Luka who produces, directs, films and edits Around the World For Free, using a groundbreaking approach that distills traditional broadcast techniques to their bare essence to allow for the quick turnarounds that the constantly moving production requires.

"With no one to get our backs, we survived by squeezing a truckload of high technology into our two humble backpacks, allowing us to pass undetected under the radar in lands wilder than you can imagine." said Creator/Director Luka.

In addition to the TV show, Around the World For Free will feature bonus online content at www.aroundtheworldforfree.com. Viewers will be able to watch unseen footage from the journey, participate in live chats with Alex and even help deserving charities that the crew visited on the journey.

"For the first season of Around the World For Free, we created one of the most advanced multi-platform shows to date. People all around the world joined together to become a single community in their quest to help Alex on his journey. WGN America's understanding of this vision makes them the ideal partner for the TV distribution," said Creator/Executive Producer Burton Roberts.

"Around the World For Free is a unique, original program which creates a multi-platform media experience for our viewers. As someone who finds it difficult to get across town, I was repeatedly impressed with Alex's ingenuity in traveling the globe," said Sean Compton, Senior Vice President of Programming and Development, WGN America.

ABOUT WGN AMERICA :

WGN America is a broad entertainment network and destination for audiences across America. Part of Tribune Broadcasting Company, WGN America (also available in HD) is nationally distributed via cable, satellite and telco with entertainment programming consisting of cable exclusives, first-run programs, blockbuster movies and live sports. For program schedules or additional information please visit www.wgnamerica.com

ABOUT AROUND THE WORLD PRODUCTIONS:

Founded in 2006 by Alex Boylan, Burton Roberts and Zsolt Luka, Around The World Productions (www.aroundtheworldproductions.com) is reinventing the multi-platform landscape, having taken community-directed online reality entertainment to the next level with Around The World For Free, and following it up with the wildly popular Rachael Ray webisode series Rach to the Rescue. Distilling traditional broadcast techniques into agile online productions with maximum authenticity, impact and soul, the Around The World Productions team specializes in handcrafted, unforgettable projects that touch audiences across the global spectrum.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20090324wgn01
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 07:22:13 PM »
Alex has always been wanting to expand on his travels and I look forward to watching this.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 09:15:56 AM »
Tonight is the night for the premiere of Around the World for Free! It will be on at 9pm and repeat at 12am on WGN America superstation channel. Here is tha latest promotional material from the WGN website:

Around the World For Free sees Alex Boylan, winner of The Amazing Race 2, as he attempts the impossible: stripping himself of all monetary funds and, with only a backpack and the help of an online community, sets off on a mission to circumnavigate the globe, the ultimate trip in humanity.

Raw. Riveting. Addictive. Covering 159 days, 16 countries, 4 continents, and 45,000 miles, Around the World For Free follows Alex’s trek from New York City to the untouched lands of Dominica. From a deportation in India right into a war zone in Kenya. And from the scorching deserts of Chile to the destitute poverty of Cambodia and beyond. Alex’s journey puts the passion back into adventure and the real back into reality.

Unhampered by a big crew, Alex and sole cameraman Zsolt reach corners of the world rarely if ever shown and meet with generosity far beyond their expectations. Random strangers become online guides, local helpers, generous benefactors and most importantly, genuine friends of the crew every step of the way. The Around the World For Free web community also shapes the direction of Alex’s journey on a daily basis.

Around the World For Free highlights breathtaking scenery, exotic cultures and gripping human drama as Alex traverses countries like Venezuela, Peru, Tanzania, Thailand and Vietnam. Over the course of nearly six months, Alex’s global journey takes him by plane, train, bus and automobile, plus he manages to travel by hitchhiking, walking, jet skiing, paragliding and even trekking through a safari! However, traveling without funds requires him to come up with creative ways to earn money. From washing hair at a hairdressing school in Puerto Rico to harvesting bananas in rural South Africa, from clearing brush in the Kenyan Mara to working on a diving boat in Nha Trang, Vietnam, at each juncture Alex meets with the kindness and generosity of strangers in all corners of the globe.

No script, no itinerary, no security – but jaw-dropping locations, unforgettable characters and amazing music make Around the World For Free unlike any reality show to date. Catch this trip of a lifetime with truly no rules, no limits - - and no money!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 04:30:35 PM »
"Around the World for Free" is charming. In the first program on WGN, this is what happened:

1. Harry Smith of the Early Show was the main celebrity at the start line in New York City.
2. They got a ride to what looked like the entrance to the Holland tunnel with the expectation of going to a New Jersey truck stop.
3. A woman from Florence SC offered prepaid tickets on AMTRAK to Florence SC and then put them up at ther home. While waiting for her at the Florence train station, a person who had seen them on the news gave them $15 and Chris turned down a second offer of $5.
4. Debby and her husband Roy took them to Mt. Pleasant SC to another person's home.
5. They stayed overnight at the home of Alex Luka (his Amaing Race 1 teammate) and then were picked up by a friend who took the to Jacksonville.
6. From Jacksonville another friend drove them to Sanford FL, home of an additional good friend who bought them plane tickets to fly to San Juan, Puerto Rico.
7. They stay with their benefactors in Caguas Puerto Rico. They travel all over the island, including to San Juan, to a suburb, and to Ponce on the south shore. There are numerous parties. Chris is given a "beer money job" the the hair of beauty school trainees and a $30 gig as a bartender making mostly mojitos. The families that house him buy him a ticket (thankfully this would be a less expensive one based on what I know about plane fares) to Charlotte Amalie St. Thomas. A woman on St. John, 3 miels from St. Thomas by boat has offered her house.

The charming aspect is the continous stream of positive interactions with a wide variety of interesting people, who are housing, feeding and transporting them. Saying goodbye to these people is difficult because of the emotional attachments.

As you can see, Chris announced his intention to occasionally work in day labor to earn needed money.

I think Chris' biggest challenge is to keep up with the global network of contacts to his website, some of whom can help him and most of whom cannot. this had to take an enormous amount of his and Zsolt's time.

This epsiode took 13 days so there probably are another 13 episodes to go. That is 3 months at one per week. I am looking forward to the rest of this voyage of discovery.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 05:06:40 PM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 10:55:31 PM »
I think y'all will enjoy this. This was all shown previously on the daily video blogs that followed Alex  ;) on his journey. The filming that Zsolt did is amazing, and the way they got that out on the fly is wonderful. Lots of fun, wait till y'all see Dominica!  :hearts:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 05:36:28 PM »
Coming out of lurkdom to give GeorgiaPeach a super big thank you for making me aware of this program.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the first two episodes as well as all of the extras on the WGN web site. 

It kind of reminds me of Michael Palin's Around the World in 80 Days and Pole to Pole.

Thanks again  :kuss: :kuss: :kuss: :kuss:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2009, 09:11:07 PM »
I love watching it on the site day by day when they did it at first, they did a great job!!

My pleasure, always nice to see you here!! :hugs:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 06:51:07 AM »
INVITE:

Around The World For Free
Episode 3 "South American Reality Check"
Host: Alex Boylan, ATWFF
Type: Party - Movie/TV Night
Network: Global
Date: Thursday, April 30, 2009
Time: 9:00pm - 10:00pm

DescriptionHey everyone it’s Alex & Zsolt from Around The World For Free again!
Just wanted to remind everyone to please watch our series tomorrow night, Thursday April 30th, on WGN America at 9 PM EST (6PM PST) with an encore episode at 12PM EST (9PM PST).
This week we will be making landfall into South America and things get wild. From the slums of Caracas, Venezuela to a grueling six day bus trek…it is an episode you don’t want to miss. AND please get all your friends to tune in as well.
ALSO…Zsolt and Alex will be Twittering live during the show @atwff, @alexboylan, and @zsoltluka.

Around The World For Free was the first user-generated series of its kind, and now more than ever we need your help. We want as many eyeballs watching this show as possible. So PLEASE post on Facebook, message on Myspace and Twitter the heck out of this show telling your friends to tune in!
Once again… Thursday April 16th at 9PM EST/ 6PM PST on WGN America! Check http://www.wgnamerica.com/pages/channelfinder for the latest schedule.
Thanks a lot everyone and we look forward to hearing from you all soon.
And remember to never stop traveling.
The Around The World For Free Production Team
Alex Boylan, Zsolt Luka and Burton Roberts
http://www.aroundtheworldforfree.com
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 11:55:20 AM »
Episode 3 Trinidad to Lima, Peru

Alex and Zsolt start in Trinidad (note- I somehow missed last week's episode from British Virgin Islands to Trinidad) this episode. I have an important observation to make about Alex's use of the term "for free". It isn't that at all. He has just managed to find a way to shift all of the cost of his trip to others. For example, people paid for his and Zsolt's plane fares from Orlando to San Juan, from San Juan to St. Thomas and Trinidad to Caracas, Venezuela to start this episode. None of it was free, so I think his fundamental premise for this trip is a bit bogus.

The intrepid team of 2 does arrive in Caracas Venezuela, where they will spend 8+ days, and is picked up by a driver. The driver is associated with Ivo, a cousin of a woman in Lima, Peru who is friends with a woman in Los Angeles who wants to help Alex and Zsolt. Ivo gets bedding for them from Zsolt and lets them use an apartment he is selling in days. He is leaving Venezuela as he is disgusted by its politics, paricularly those of its leader Hugo Chavez. Most of the individuals in his circle of friends appear to be anti-Chavez. They say that the lower cost of oil has helped car owners but hurt everyone else in Venezuela. From the original driver, Alex got an earful about not going into a barrio because "people get robbed or killed." He discounts such advice and when a doctor invites him to visit a clinic he goes. That doctor is doing exemplary pro bono work of reconstructive surgery, particularly useful when bullet wounds are involved. He also went to the soup kitchen run in her home by a poor woman who gets twice a week deliveries of ingredients from the government and turns that into healthy meals. There are no adults willing to appear on camera (the kitchen owner says it's because only the children can read and write, but I believe other more sinister reasons are responsible). When the fun of the urban jungles run out, it's time for Alex and Zsolt to head south. Their host Ivo and a friend of his buy them the tickets for a 4.5 day bus ride to Lima Peru.

So off they go on a real adventure. The bus looks reasonably comfortable. There is a mix of singles and families travelling, pretty much all relatively young. I don't think older people would be able to take this long a ride. They are stopped at borders and in other areas just for the fun of it. One family that was refused entry from Colombia to Peru is hidden in the bathroom to get them across the border without the knowledge of the guards, but with the complicity of all of the other bus riders. At one stop Alex pays "all the quarter in a bag" to get a huge meal of chicken and vegetables plus the beans offered him by another diner. The bus breaks down in southwestern Colombia and a replacement bus takes them to Quito Ecuador. That might seem to be a problem, but now they get a really nice bus for the remainder of the journey. Instead of 4.5 days, this trip takes them 6 days.

On arrival at the Lima bus station they are met by the woman Ivana who is the cousin of Ivo. She gives them decent accommodations, feeds them and gives them beer and later Inca Kola. I have been to Peru and fondly remember Inca Kola as one of the great beverages of the world. It's a lot like Mountain Dew but a lot cheaper. Ivana takes them with friends to the beach at Puerto Viejo 45 miles away and on the way back they stop for lunch at a renowned restaurant. It specializes in seafood (no surprise since they are on the coast) and eat mussels, ceviche (based on crawfish), jalea (seafood platter of shrimp, catfish and yucca a local vegetable) and corvina whitefish. They have a feast.

Presumably more adventures in Lima and probably Cuzco will follow. Alex was reading a travel brochure on Macchu Picchu on the bus, so he clearly wants to go there. What kind of route will he take further in South America and how we he get to Africa? I don't know so stay tuned each week.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:14:36 AM by apskip »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2009, 04:56:08 PM »
GeorgiaPeach:  I'm just curious, but what kind of player was one of the executive producers, Burton Roberts, on Survivor?

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 08:10:07 PM »
Does anyone have an idea what's going on regarding the schedule of this program?  I was channel surfing and just saw the end of one of the programs.  Alex went to Macchu Picchu.

Alex ended up stuck in Chile and now they're now showing one of the episodes when he was in the islands.  Very strange sequencing.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 09:45:03 PM »
Does the website help??

http://www.wgnamerica.com/pages/atwff_fm/

GeorgiaPeach:  I'm just curious, but what kind of player was one of the executive producers, Burton Roberts, on Survivor?

I'm the worst one to ask, I forget them all by the next season! :funny:

Anyone??
RFF's Golden Rule: