Author Topic: Richard Hatch's ASS Early Show Interview  (Read 4885 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Richard Hatch's ASS Early Show Interview
« on: February 27, 2004, 12:29:47 PM »
Richard Hatch's
Survivor: All Stars
Early Show Interview

Transcript Below

Harry Smith:  He was the game's original champion but last night on Survivor: All-Stars, Richard Hatch, the often arrogant, often naked,  the King of the Islands was forced into exile.  
<video clip of Colby and Ethan plotting to vote off Richard>

HS:  The slow motion exit, *laughs* Richard how are you?  Good morning.
Rich:  I'm good Harry. It had to happen.

HS:  When we heard about the Ethan business with Colby last night.  My family said, Richard is gonna rule, he's gonna overcome this.  Was it too late, did you just not know it was coming.
Rich:  I was right with you.  I was gonna win it.  I thought Ethan was out of there.  I had an inkling talking to Colby in the water that he wasn't being quite as honest as I thought he was, it wasn't coming across as true.  I thought Kathy would go with it.

HS:  I thought so too, thought the women for sure would side would you.
Rich:  I don't know anything about what happens but they'll pay for not listening to me, I'll bet.

HS:  Do you feel like you were playing well this game?
Rich:  I don't feel like I played as well as the first game.  It was very, very tough.  People will have no idea how difficult this actual game was.  Physically it was exhausting, two weeks in felt like six weeks. It was unbelievable.  I was irritable and all sorts of things.

HS:   It seemed like your approach, being a provider, is always a good role to play...sort of the laid back, lazy....
Rich:  Lazy???   I had a plan Harry.  I always have a plan.

HS:  That was part of your philosophy, your strategy?
Rich:  People think of me as cocky, arrogant.  I came into that game, even though I knew these people with their impression of me being that, being negative.   I had to do some things to made it seem as as I am kind of a difficult arrogant cocky person... try as I might.  Otherwise they might think I have something up my sleeve.

HS:  This time, almost every single scene you're in...there was a big dot...I threatened to give you a beach ball this morning... we were afraid you'd come here without clothes.  Did you play this same way the first time?
Rich:   I did.  They didn't show it until about half way through on my birthday.  I think they thought I was so arrogant I was gone early they didn't need footage of me.  But then decided... hey that fat naked guy is still here, get some footage.

HS:  Was that part of the strategy, the nakedness.
Rich:  The original strategy was that it was 110 degrees, so I was comfortable without clothes.  I thought, who's going to film it and they'll never show it, so I'll get lots of private time.  Which I did.  But then this game the strategy was a little different.  If I changed they would wonder what was up with me.

HS:  Chapera bid farewell to the game's first millionaire.  We saw you without clothes a lot last night.  What happened to you and Sue during that challenge?  Where you were coming together and Sue just... what went on there?
Rich:  That challenge was a crazy kind of challenge... hard to stay on the beam there... I wore my pants for the first time I think in any of the challenges...it didn't matter, I didn't see any advantages.  But my teammates said..."get 'em off, get 'em off... that'll distract people".  So after I got wet, I took them off.  We were just going along, I was doing my thing.  For some reason she just turned around and came back toward me.  I have no idea what happened.
HS:  Wow, it seems like that will have some sort of repercussions, we'll have to tune in next week to see what is up with that.

HS:  One of the other great moments in the show this year, was while you were out there fishing and this shark comes and gets connected to your shirt.  Do you still have the scar?
Rich:  Here's the scar, and here's the shark.
*points to shark tattoo*
He was locked on here for about half an hour. I bit him back and he wouldn't let go.  So I wanted to remember him.

HS:  Did he taste good?
Rich:  He was great, he was delicious.  He was chunky and full of meat, we loved it.

HS:  Early on former winners were getting knocked off.  That's slowed down.  Is it possible a former winner can win?
Rich:  Absolutely.  You know it's a game.  Fair... people have been saying is it fair...it's a game and it's a little different from the earlier games because everyone knows each other.  If I were smarter I could have done better. I fault myself for where I ended up.

HS:  Do you think that because you won before that you were maybe not as hungry as everyone else.
Rich:  Possibly.  I thought I was hungry. But while I was out there, I was hurting.  I was hurting.  I thought to myself come on you ignored all this the last time... maybe I was less hungry than I needed to be to really focus.  It was exhausting.  Exhausting.

HS:  You were the first champion.  Sort of the model of what a Survivor player is supposed to be, what is it like to lose.
Rich:  The original winner, I'll always be that.  What's it like to lose?  Hey it's a game.  It was fun... you know I stood up at TC and said "hey I've been bamboozled". I went to that TC knowing Ethan was going.  We don't want him sitting in the background.

HS:  Did you have any 2nd thoughts when they came to you and said hey come play this game again... did you say, I've been there, done that or were you enthusiastic.
Rich: Very enthusiastic. But what was I thinking.  How am I going to do it?  I knew I had a huge target on my back but I went with all of my energy.  Thinking... you never know.

HS:  There were some rumors that you were playing hard to get, holding out for more money...
Rich:  We all have managers now, and agents, representation... so there was some negotiating that went on.

HS:  You look very happy.  Life is good?
Rich:  Life is great.  I am so in love.  I'm a happy man.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 01:35:29 PM by Puddin »

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
Re:Richard Hatch's ASS Early Show Interview
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 01:27:33 PM »
I will miss Richard. I think they should come up with a reality show just based on Richard Hacth. I love him.
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 01:57:31 PM »
He sure is a great player and will be missed from this game!

Rob

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 04:15:59 PM »
Rob, what do you think about the Richard Hatch Reality TV Show? lol...
Wendy Jean

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 05:35:28 PM »
http://www.richhatch.com/about.php

Richards Website... :)

His  own TV Show Wendy? I guess that's a good idea.. :)

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 09:04:25 AM »
I would LOVE  a reality tv show based on Richard Hatch! That would be non stop funny.
Wendy Jean

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 01:23:21 PM »
Richards website is finally updated ;)

SURVIVOR ALL-STARS EPISODE 5
Posted 03/01/2004

Arghhhhhhhhh! THEY GOT ME! Now, let's get one thing straight... I have no idea what happens next, but I sure hope Colby and Kathy (both of whom I really like) don't get very far so they realize the mistake they made in getting rid of me.

What a game. I love SURVIVOR. And what a way to go - truly bamboozled! I really thought I had enough votes to get rid of Colby. Ethan was supposed to be our target, but I'd learned during the day that Colby had switched tracks and was trying to get rid of me. Oh well, I'm out.

About those promos... I'm not sure what's up in the next episode, but let me explain what happened in mine. Sue clearly had something going on in her head that I was unaware of. She was headed toward the finish line and turned around, retraced some steps, came across another beam, and blocked my path. I have no idea what she was attempting to instigate, but she caused a roadblock. I asked her what she wanted and kept moving past her and (I think) Kathy on in the direction I needed to go. And that's that. Sue had clearly been getting angry and taunting me often throughout the game. Oh well, like I said, who knows what's in her head. Anyway, no harm intended and I just made my way to the end.

So, it won't be the same game without me and I hope you miss me! Thanks for watching. Let's see where life takes me from here.

I couldn't be happier with my wonderful partner, Emiliano Cabral, and I look forward to marrying him once able. Bush's reprehensible "fear-based" comments were hopefully enough to cause our country to stand up for equality!

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2004, 01:57:37 PM »
The only good thing about Richard not being on is, I don't have to see that stupid white dot in front of his body.  I enjoyed the show and the challenges.  I absoultely loved the raft that Mogo Mogo made, sure was the ugliest thing but it went fast.

And our favourite line in our house is now "I've been bamboozled"!!!!! lol  ;D

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2004, 02:01:25 PM »
Isn't it something how lightly he took it? That is one of those confidence factors I love about Richard.
Wendy Jean

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2004, 02:09:01 PM »
Your right Wendy, he did take it lightly.  Like he said, he has never had his torch snuffed.  I can see why he is so popular with so many people.