Author Topic: Fantasy Survivor Game_Tribe Refaforu!  (Read 128464 times)

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Fantasy Survivor Game_Tribe Refaforu!
« Reply #350 on: October 25, 2007, 02:19:11 PM »
Mine won't even pull up the sign in page now.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon.  Has anyone emailed Artie???  or anyone from the site about the problem?  I'm not sure that I have that info.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #351 on: October 25, 2007, 02:50:06 PM »
I logged in, but it won't show me the place to make my picks.  All I see is the header of who's been eliminated and such.  Hopefully, I'll get this done.  I have class in ten minutes, then dinner, and I usually miss Survivor (gotta have a social life here on campus).  I dunno if I'll make my picks in time.  I'll try.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #352 on: October 25, 2007, 03:43:20 PM »
FS site is working fine now.  :jumpy:

Cinera, I hope you'll have time from dinner or whatever to squeeze in your picks!  If not, give a hollar...IM, email, PM...w/ your PW and the picks you want, & I'll do them for you.   :tup:

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #353 on: October 25, 2007, 04:42:46 PM »
Just got my picks in, don't worry all!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #354 on: October 25, 2007, 04:44:08 PM »
Mine won't even pull up the sign in page now.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon.  Has anyone emailed Artie???  or anyone from the site about the problem?  I'm not sure that I have that info.
s1, as of 2ish pm MT, when I first came on, the site was working.  I changed some picks and it gave me the confirmation.  It appears to be working fine now.  Hope it continues to work at least until everyone gets their picks in!!  :tup:
Initially, I did mine at dark-thirty this morning right after the questions were posted and the site worked fine at that time.

Speaking of writing to Artie, I believe that EVERY SINGLE TRIBE should write to him and raise cain about the players having to wait until Survivor DAY to get the questions!!  We have appx ONLY 16 hours to work on them.  He posts them while most people are sleeping, then getting ready for work, then working all day!!  For Pete's sake!!  I do NOT understand that guy's stupid reasoning or WHY he can't give us the questions at least by Wednesday, but ideally...soon after he posts the results!!  

:pull :pull (:;)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #355 on: October 25, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
Just got my picks in, don't worry all!
Yaaay Mark! 
I must go return a phone call so must get offline.  Hopefully, BRB!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #356 on: October 25, 2007, 08:09:19 PM »
Boy--these are STILL tough--very open to interpretation and I am sure I probably missed some but here is a start:

Who will say, "That's love, baby! It makes you strong!"? (40 points) James
How many Survivors will know what the new clue for the hidden immunity idol is by the end of the episode? (25 points) Six?  Todd, Amanda, James, Frostie, Courtney, Denise  this is tricky--they knew there was a clue--but did they know WHAT it was?
How many Survivors will experience a "Reversal of Fortune" during this episode? (30 points) Two? James, Frostie? three if they count Sherea?
According to CBS, "A castaway discovers the Hidden Immunity Idol, but the secret is blown when an unwelcome tribe member sees it in their possession." Who is the Survivor who notices the Hidden Immunity idol had been found? (25 points) Someone else (Frostie)
At the conclusion of the episode, where are the immunity idols? (40 points) Both found and held by a single Survivor ? But did they show James getting #2?? If so--I missed it. :'(
How many Survivors try to lose the immunity challenge this episode? (10 points) ?one? James?

First confessional: PG I think

In the water --All of Fei Long in the bathtubs/shower+another one of JR in the lake

Called on by Jeff: Sherea, JR x 2!, Courtney x 2!,

RC: Fei Long
IC: Zhan Hu
Kidnapped : James
Evicted: Sherea  with 5 votes--2 for JR
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #357 on: October 25, 2007, 08:11:09 PM »
Who will say, "That's love, baby! It makes you strong!"? (40 points)   
James   

How many Survivors will know what the new clue for the hidden immunity idol is by the end of the episode? (25 points)   Two James & Todd?

How many Survivors will experience a "Reversal of Fortune" during this episode? (30 points)   One ? James?    ???

According to CBS, "A castaway discovers the Hidden Immunity Idol, but the secret is blown when an unwelcome tribe member sees it in their possession."
Who is the Survivor who notices the Hidden Immunity idol had been found? Someone else  

At the conclusion of the episode, where are the immunity idols? (40 points)   Both found and held by a single Survivor
Only one found and held by a Survivor   (:;)

How many Survivors try to lose the immunity challenge this episode? (10 points)    One ? James    

Jeff called on
Amanda once
JR twice
Sherea twice I think
Courtney twice
Do votes count?  :lol:
Eat exotic food might have been the way to go but i didnt understand the wording.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #358 on: October 25, 2007, 08:15:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure the idol means "fortune" in Chinese so reversal of "fortune" might be one as in Todd reversing his "fortune" to James but what do I know  :lol:

In the water --All of Fei Long in the bathtubs/shower+another one of JR in the lake
(:;) never thought of tubs I thought they were getting a shower for the camp

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #359 on: October 25, 2007, 08:29:36 PM »
I rechecked TC: I think it is 1 for Sherea, 2 for Courtney, 2 for JR--but I didn't hear any for Amanda.

WHY didn't they show James getting the doggone HII??  :crybabe:

I thought reversal of Fortune just meant as in their odds?

James was on the way out but got an HII (bad to good fortune), Frostie was outnumbered but hearing about the Idol put him in better standing? (bad to good?) The one I wasn't sure about was Sherea--she really was never in a good place to go to a bad...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #360 on: October 25, 2007, 08:32:06 PM »
What about the eating? One each for Amanda, courtney, Denise, Jaimie, James, and 2 for Frostie and Eric? Is that right?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #361 on: October 25, 2007, 08:39:38 PM »
What about the eating? One each for Amanda, courtney, Denise, Jaimie, James, and 2 for Frostie and Eric? Is that right?
Thats the problem with the wording? was it one each or x consume? If so PG & Frosti had the most.

Consumes single exotic food item at challenge

And Rudy is right! We do not have time to think about the answers! It was a rotton day for me and I know a lot of you had to work so we are rushed but what can we do? The game is free so I don't think complaining to the webbie is the way to go.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #362 on: October 25, 2007, 08:47:12 PM »
I think Frostie and Eric each ate 2 portions.

But if they count each HEART or EEL then the #'s could go WAY up! :meow:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #363 on: October 25, 2007, 09:04:08 PM »
I think Frostie and Eric each ate 2 portions.

But if they count each HEART or EEL then the #'s could go WAY up! :meow:
Frostie ate 12? pieces and PG 11? I wasnt watching that close.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #364 on: October 26, 2007, 05:38:05 AM »
Thats the problem with the wording? was it one each or x consume? If so PG & Frosti had the most.

And Rudy is right! We do not have time to think about the answers! It was a rotton day for me and I know a lot of you had to work so we are rushed but what can we do? The game is free so I don't think complaining to the webbie is the way to go.
??? I'm confused...what does Free have to do with it, puddin?  I've never played any Survivor or other game that WASN'T free!!  And FS is the only one that lacks promptness of any game I've played.  Oh I guess RII was late sometimes, but they gave us a heckuva lot more time to work on the questions than FS.  I just feel that if enough people complained about it maybe Artie would get his act together.  Maybe he spends so much time composing the questions he ends up giving us so little time.  See like yesterday:  Did he allow for  the site to be down?? Allow for any interuptions?  Noooo.  So that puts his players in a really bad spot...in addition to the normally short time!! 
His patrons should not have to be scrutinized & rushed, but should be able to relax while working on the questions.  It sure would be a lot more fun too!
:nitenite:
Later........   

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #365 on: October 26, 2007, 07:34:25 AM »

??? I'm confused...what does Free have to do with it, puddin?  I've never played any Survivor or other game that WASN'T free!!  And FS is the only one that lacks promptness of any game I've played.  Oh I guess RII was late sometimes, but they gave us a heckuva lot more time to work on the questions than FS.  I just feel that if enough people complained about it maybe Artie would get his act together.  Maybe he spends so much time composing the questions he ends up giving us so little time.  See like yesterday:  Did he allow for  the site to be down?? Allow for any interuptions?  Noooo.  So that puts his players in a really bad spot...in addition to the normally short time!! 
His patrons should not have to be scrutinized & rushed, but should be able to relax while working on the questions.  It sure would be a lot more fun too!
:nitenite:
Later........   

I have to agree with puddin on this one.  I would love to have 2-3 days to get my picks made also but this is a free game.  If you're not paying for it you really don't have a lot of say in the matter.  In the past, at other game sites, when there were too many complaints the admins got tired of dealing with the complaints and quit having the games at all.  I was always taught that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.  I am familiar with the saying the squeaky wheel gets the grease also but if you had your choice would you help the honey or the squeaky wheel.   I have written to Artie in the past thanking him for running the game and have offered to help if there was anything I could do to speed up the scoring.  My suggestion is if we want to play the game long term then we just accept that it usually updates late and plan accordingly.  If it hasn't updated by Wed. morning chances are there will be no bonus that week so there is no reason to wait up all night Wed. for the update.  Go to bed get a good nights sleep and get up a little earlier than normal Thurs. and chances are the questions will be waiting for you.  Make your initial picks then, spoil as much as you can then either submit your final picks then or when you have time sometime during the day before the show starts.  If you have made early picks and don't get a chance to make changes, bad picks are better than no picks at all. 

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #366 on: October 26, 2007, 04:27:53 PM »
I was checking out the FS site and noticed we had a new team member.  Welcome LuvRupert!!!  Glad to have you on board.  I also noticed that all of our faithful top 17 players  made their picks this week along with Rupert. 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #367 on: October 27, 2007, 02:47:27 AM »
Yes, :welcome: LuvRupert and Thank You for joining the
best tribe of all----Refaforu!  :yess:

Also, thanks to all 17 who made their picks this week!  You all Rock!
 :wohoo:   :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #368 on: October 27, 2007, 03:34:12 AM »
s1, thank you for your comments above and explaining the logic of the free sites etc.  Points well taken. :hugs: Also thanks for your advice on waiting patiently for the new questions and all. 

Did Artie reply when you offered to help out?  Maybe he does need some extra help. I'm sure it is a huge responsibility to run a site although I don't have those skills. 

Well, I'm willing to wait and go with the flow...as always, but I got the feeling people were unhappy about getting everything so late.

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #369 on: October 27, 2007, 06:38:00 AM »
No Rudy, I didn't get a response back from Artie.  But then, I don't "know" Artie and he doesn't know me so I can understand not trusting a stranger to babysit your baby.  But he obviously does need help  :umn:  I know a lot are unhappy with the way the game updates, and through the years a lot have quit playing.  On the upside, everyone that plays is faced with the same frustration  :pull  But we have great spoilers here, if not the best  :jam:  The handful of teams that are ahead of us just got lucky  ;D

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #370 on: October 27, 2007, 03:00:10 PM »
No Rudy, I didn't get a response back from Artie.  But then, I don't "know" Artie and he doesn't know me so I can understand not trusting a stranger to babysit your baby. 
Yes, that is perfectly understandable. 
But I also think it's a matter of his game becoming sooo popular, he simply doesn't have time anymore to reply back to everyone.  He used to always PROMPTLY reply to my questions/concerns when he first started the game...and if he couldn't reply promptly, he apologized for it.  Also, as recently as 3 seasons ago, he promptly replied when I inquired about people on the roster who were not playing and how that affected our overall scores.  Remember?  I posted those emails in the Refaforu game thread(s). 

In the last year or so, he started a forum where he posts recent announcements and replies to questions.  The forum probably REPLACED email replies.  I have a terrible time trying to find anything at that forum though!  But maybe we should address any probs we have there.  There's a link on the Fantasy Survivor home page to that forum.

Thanks s1!  You have great insight and ideas, which I truly appreciate!!  :hugs:   

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: "Reversal of Fortune"
« Reply #371 on: October 27, 2007, 06:08:47 PM »
This is posted in the Fantasy Survivor news:

Week 6 - Seems like we may have unexpectedly stumped many Fantasy Survivor players this week with our question regarding "Reversal of Fortune".

:lol: Noooo kidding!!!!!!!  Has anyone ever heard of that term?!!
I hadn't!  Check it out    Warning: not for the weak of stomach or if you just ate.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 06:46:00 PM by RudyRules »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #372 on: October 27, 2007, 06:15:37 PM »
FS says they may have "UNEXPECTEDLY" stumped many Fantasy Survivor players this week.... B:) B:)  ????  Hey, I think they should give everyone the 30pts, dang it!!  Gheez!  :umn: :pull

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #373 on: October 27, 2007, 06:35:45 PM »
This is posted in the Fantasy Survivor news:

Week 6 - Seems like we may have unexpectedly stumped many Fantasy Survivor players this week with our question regarding "Reversal of Fortune".

:lol: Noooo kidding!!!!!!!  Has anyone ever heard of that term?!!
I hadn't!  Check it out    Warning: not for the weak of stomach or if you just ate.

Mighty bastardly of him   :meow:. Hey Rudy, your link takes us to the newbie hangout is that what you wanted to do  ???

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #374 on: October 27, 2007, 06:39:25 PM »
Ohhhh crap!!  :groan:

oops...I goofed up.  :-[
 Hold on...I'll fix it!  :lol3: :rotf: ;D