Author Topic: Mid-Season Big Brother  (Read 6059 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Mid-Season Big Brother
« on: November 01, 2007, 12:16:57 PM »
This article mentions the possibility of CBS throwing in Big Brother for mid-season if there is the writer's strike.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071101/tv_nm/strike_dc_1;_ylt=AtpX8alFEYgVBbMF7jaQnwME1vAI

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Mid-Season Big Brother
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 12:32:13 PM »
OMG...shoot me now! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 12:35:40 PM »
LOL, I have to say -- if that happens I will be very depressed -- I really didn't believe puddin when she told me how addicting that stupid show is LMAO :groan: :pull :lol3:

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 12:49:27 PM »
Hmm...this is an interesting development.  Is it bad now that I want this Writer's strike to happen just so we can get an extra fill of BB? :lol3:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 03:34:23 PM »
OMG...shoot me now! :lol3:

ACK!! And shoot me along with Peach! LOL

Ok, only if football season has ended.. then it might be ok.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 10:15:42 PM »
puddin peeks in, pretends she never read this then leaves :hand: :carryon:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 10:32:23 PM »
puddin peeks in, pretends she never read this then leaves :hand: :carryon:

:lol3:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 11:14:56 PM »
I'm game if they do a mid-season BB9! Especially if they do it on Showtime After Dark! and then do BB10 next summer! I love BB and could do it year long!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 12:40:29 AM »
Writers will strike, union confirms

Hollywood's television and film writers will go on strike, leaders of their union told thousands of guild members who had gathered Thursday night at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Negotiators for the Writers Guild of America said they would notify members by e-mail Friday afternoon of when the walkout would occur, according to people present at the meeting.

A strike would destabilize Southern California's signature industry and mark the first time in two decades that writers had walked off the job.

Thursday night's rally of more than 2,000 film and TV writers occurred a day after talks on a new three-year contract with their employers broke down amid disputes over DVD residuals and pay for shows distributed over the Internet.

The union's board of directors will formally ratify the strike plans at a meeting Friday at 10 a.m. at the guild's West Coast headquarters in the Fairfax district.

Source: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-fi-strike2nov02,0,1173050.story?coll=la-home-center

Offline blsnbelles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 11:13:33 PM »
Oh my my feelings are so mixed... want a BB9 but during the school year and the way it consumes my life I need a year to have my family get over how much time I was reading updates and watching "After Dark"  :crazy

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 12:56:19 PM »
Does CBS know that if they decide to have a winter version of the show, they'll have to make me come out from the warm covers? I might have to wrap myself in a blanket while on the computer. Winter gloves on my hands whenever I'm reading posts about the live feeds. Though it wouldn't be a problem to those who make the show, I might have to hold off on coming to the boards and hanging out during late nights... Especially if the Northeast sector of the US is nailed with a lovely snowstorm. Then I wouldn't be able to see the show at all.

Ooh... A tough decision, isn't it?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »
Does CBS know that if they decide to have a winter version of the show, they'll have to make me come out from the warm covers? I might have to wrap myself in a blanket while on the computer. Winter gloves on my hands whenever I'm reading posts about the live feeds. Though it wouldn't be a problem to those who make the show, I might have to hold off on coming to the boards and hanging out during late nights... Especially if the Northeast sector of the US is nailed with a lovely snowstorm. Then I wouldn't be able to see the show at all.

How about I offer my guest room, we hardly ever get snow in Texas but if it does we celebrate. We have great snowstorms! It snows, we look at it, throw some snowballs and pretty soon it all goes away. (And I make GREAT hot chocolate!) We could take turns with the feeds.  :yess:

Offline lilduke

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 11:36:36 AM »
I would have a purpose in life again!!  :wohoo:

And I just have to say I am so glad yall are still on here talking! Because I am bored out of my mind!!

I am just keeping my fingers crossed for BB After Dark!!!

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 02:43:26 PM »

How about I offer my guest room, we hardly ever get snow in Texas but if it does we celebrate. We have great snowstorms! It snows, we look at it, throw some snowballs and pretty soon it all goes away. (And I make GREAT hot chocolate!) We could take turns with the feeds.  :yess:

Sounds like a great idea! Now I'm going to have to keep my fingers crossed for a winter mid-season season! :tup:
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline blsnbelles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 03:03:43 PM »

Sounds like a great idea! Now I'm going to have to keep my fingers crossed for a winter mid-season season! :tup:

It might make some wish they could wear shorts in the winter like you'll probably see if BB9 does air in the winter... my hubby's family in Colorado gets jealous when he says he's mowing the yard in December with his shorts on...  :yess:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 04:04:25 PM »

It might make some wish they could wear shorts in the winter like you'll probably see if BB9 does air in the winter... my hubby's family in Colorado gets jealous when he says he's mowing the yard in December with his shorts on...  :yess:

LOL! Here in Texas we can wear shorts then have to put on the thermals all on the same day, you just never know. The good thing is it doesn't stay cold for long.

Mondoli, I'm almost looking forward to a mid-season BB now.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2007, 05:44:12 PM »
Y'all are crazy for SURE! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2007, 06:56:19 PM »
Y'all are crazy for SURE! :lol3:

Hey! You have to come join us!  :hearts: :jumpy: (And Puddin too!)  :yess:

Offline lilduke

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 07:47:10 PM »

LOL! Here in Texas we can wear shorts then have to put on the thermals all on the same day, you just never know. The good thing is it doesn't stay cold for long.

Mondoli, I'm almost looking forward to a mid-season BB now.

Yeah I did that today. Well, not thermals. But I was wearing shorts and a tank top today and I was SWEATING and then come 6oclock it was time for a sweatshirt. Gotta love it!