Author Topic: CBS RECAP~“BAMBOOZLED!”  (Read 2679 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
CBS RECAP~“BAMBOOZLED!”
« on: February 26, 2004, 11:57:43 PM »
CBS RECAP~
“BAMBOOZLED!” RICHARD HATCH VOTED OUT

The first-ever Sole Survivor, the man who started it all, Richard Hatch, the 42-year-old from Middletown, Rhode Island, for the first time heard the words, "The tribe has spoken!" Wary of Hatch from the beginning, the rest of Mogo Mogo voted unanimously to give this former winner the heave-ho, causing the cheerful Hatch to simply exclaim, "I've been bamboozled!"

MAKE IT FLOAT, MAKE IT SWIFT

As day thirteen dawned, all three tribes were surprised to find a pile of bamboo poles at their camps. They were instructed to use the bamboo to build a raft that would be crucial for an upcoming Reward Challenge.

After building a faulty shelter for Saboga, Rupert Boneham, the 40-year-old castaway of SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS PANAMA from Indianapolis, Indiana, took on the endeavor for a chance at redemption as he led his tribe in building a raft that was similar to a catamaran.
Mogo Mogo went for the "less is more" approach, choosing to keep the bundle of bamboo as it was and not construct at all. "Ultimately it came down to laziness and pure exhaustion that designed that raft," noted Colby Donaldson, the 29-year-old tribe member of SURVIVOR: THE AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK from Christoval, Texas.

Over at Chapera, Susan Hawk, the 42-year-old All-Star of SURVIVOR: BORNEO from Palmyra, Wisconsin, made an unusual choice for how to christen their new craft: she chose to urinate on it. "I'm afraid the ship's gonna sink now," worried Tom Buchanan, the 48-year-old tribe member of SURVIVOR: AFRICA from Rich Valley, Virginia.  

REWARD CHALLENGE: SHIPWRECKED RAFT RESCUE

As the tribes assembled for a Reward Challenge, host Jeff Probst explained that this competition would involve using the newly constructed rafts to rescue two tribemates, then paddle out to a buoy to grab a flag, race to shore, run up the beach and cross the finish line. The winning tribe would win fishing hooks and a fishing spear as well as a clue to their lock box.
The tribes were taken aback when they heard the third part of the reward, which involved dissolving the losing tribe into the two others. Members of the losing tribe would be recruited schoolyard-style, with the winning tribe receiving the first pick.

With their "minimalist" raft, Mogo Mogo took a slight lead as they rescued their tribemates. Chapera paddled into second place, with Saboga taking up the rear. Saboga had the best-looking raft, but it was least effective.

As Mogo Mogo captured their flag and paddled toward shore, it was evident that they would be the victors. The other two tribes would battle it out for second place with Chapera in the lead. Exhausted, Chapera paddled to shore first, then ran across the beach to save their tribe and finish second. In last place, Saboga realized they would be no more.

After the rewards were handed out, it was time to dissolve Saboga into the other two tribes. Mogo Mogo used their first pick to take Ethan, while Chapera used theirs to pick Rupert. As Jerri went to Mogo Mogo and Jenna to Chapera, SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS became a competition between two tribes instead of three.
HOME SWEET (NEW) HOME

As the newly formed tribes returned to their camps, the former Saboga members were impressed with their new homes. New Chapera member Rupert noted, "Our camp was Hobo Junction; theirs is the Taj Mahal."

Over at Mogo Mogo, new tribe member Ethan Zohn, the 30-year-old winner of SURVIVOR: AFRICA from Lexington, Massachusetts, immediately made himself an asset by catching fish, to the chagrin of tribe fisherman Richard. The competition between Ethan and Richard gave all the members of Mogo Mogo a full stomach.

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: PILFERING PIRATES

As the castaways reconvened for an Immunity Challenge, Jeff Probst explained that they would race across long balance beams in order to retrieve their tribe-colored flags. When two castaways from opposing tribes met in the middle, they would have to battle it out, with the first to fall into the pool of water below losing. The first tribe to get twenty of their flags back to the starting area would win Immunity.
The Challenge started with a splash as Shii Ann fell hard into the water. Chapera took the lead, two flags to none. The first showdown between Ethan and Rob proved to be a turning point as Ethan prevailed, then claimed the first flag for Mogo Mogo.

Battle after battle wore on the castaways as Chapera took over the Challenge. In an act of brilliance, Chapera tribemates jumped off the course on purpose in order to give skilled Rob Mariano, the 28-year-old All-Star of SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS from Canton, Massachusetts, another run at the final flag. This proved to be effective, because Rob swiftly negotiated the beams, then claimed the winning flag, along with Immunity for Chapera. Mogo Mogo would have to make the trip to Tribal Council, where they had to vote out one of their own.

ALLIANCE SHUFFLE AT MOGO MOGO

As the losing Mogo Mogo tribe returned to camp, the lobbying about who would go home heated up. The original plan was to vote Ethan out, due to his status as a previous winner. However, Colby quickly changed his mind, deciding Richard must go because of his arrogance and deception. In an act of revenge, Jerri tried to recruit an alliance on the fly in order to vote off Colby. The scramble to Tribal Council was fast and furious, with no tribe member secure with their position in the game.

In the end, the Mogo Mogo tribe came together in unison to vote off the first-ever winner of Survivor by sending home Richard Hatch in a six-to-one decision.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

On the Next Survivor
Sensing that she had been personally attacked, Shii Ann confronts Colby, only to be subjected to a lecture.
One All-Star suddenly rises to dominance in providing for the tribe.
Tension builds for one castaway and culminates in an explosive reaction.

Offline kcat444

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
Re:CBS RECAP~“BAMBOOZLED!”
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 07:13:31 AM »
Ding Dong the King is dead!  Need I say more.

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 08:43:51 AM »
I am sad to see Richard go... I really think he is the most confident person I have ever seen. Richard knew he was too good to stick around. I cannot BELIEVE those girls did the exact opposite and kept Colby.... even Jeri??????? I don't get it? Did Jeri vote for Richard too????
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline realityjunky

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • IM addicted to all reality shows......so what!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »
Although the nudity was gross....he was a bit smarter thean some of the others I think.....oh well my pick is still Big Tom and Rupert.....gotta love em..

Wendy yes Jerri voted for Rich as well all of them voted the same......I sometimes think they start the switch talk we will stay tuned to see just who goes.......
If you love something set it free, if it returns its meant to be!

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 01:29:36 PM »
Yes, I think that too... Just to throw us off. How funny! My fav's are Big Tom (1st) and Rupert (2nd)! I just love me some Big Tom.
Wendy Jean

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 02:15:13 PM »
Yeah I was surprised that the women changed their minds.  I thought for sure they were all going after Colby.  I wonder what changed their minds?

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 02:47:31 PM »
Who know, Colby probably worked his magic smile on them and they decided to go with him..... Did you see Jeri roll her eyes at tribal council? Maybe she wanted Colby out, but decided to stick to the other tribe members so that she would not be on Colby's bad side??
Wendy Jean

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2004, 05:41:40 PM »
Yeah, if Colby flashed me his smile, I would do anything for him.  I did see Jerri roll her eyes.  I am sure she would talk to Ethan for an alliance seeing as he is always on the chopping block.  That must be a terrible feeling for Ethan to always feel he is one vote away from being booted.  Must be a weird feeling for him to not be in with the "in crowd".