Author Topic: 'Friday Night Lights' Season 2  (Read 9299 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
'Friday Night Lights' Season 2
« on: September 07, 2007, 05:43:44 AM »
Excerpt from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_Night_Lights_(TV_series)

On May 10, 2007, NBC sources confirmed to TV Guide's Michael Ausiello that the network had renewed the show for a second season.  This was confirmed by NBC on May 14, 2007 when it was announced that the show would change timeslots during the 2007/2008 season, airing, appropriately enough, on Friday nights at 10/9c.  After a shakeup in NBC management the timeslot was adjusted so the show could air an hour earlier at 9/8c.
Season 2 episodes are scheduled to begin airing on October 5, 2007.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
'Friday Night Lights' Hires New Coach
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 05:58:18 AM »
Source:
http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.html?sls_id=20946&ref_type=101&ref_id=58137&tag=updates;title;0

'Friday Night Lights' Hires New Coach

Chris Mulkey joins NBC series in recurring part

With Eric Taylor setting off for Austin, the Dillon Panthers needed a new coach. They now have one.

Veteran actor Chris Mulkey ("Twin Peaks," "Broken Trail") has joined the cast of NBC's second-year series, a network rep confirms. He'll have a recurring role as the new coach of the Dillon High School football team, who takes over after Coach Taylor (Kyle Chandler) moves on to the college ranks at the fictional TMU (Chandler will still be front and center on the show, however).

The new coach, who arrives from outside Dillon, brings a my-way-or-the-highway approach with him and revamps the team's game plan. Naturally, this causes friction with some of the players, with new assistant coach Jason Street (Scott Porter) sometimes getting caught in the middle.

Mulkey is the third new face to join "Friday Night Lights" for the coming season. Glenn Morshower ("24") and Daniella Alonso ("One Tree Hill") will also have recurring parts as, respectively, Landry's (Jesse Plemons) police-officer dad and a nurse who helps Matt Saracen (Zach Gilford) care for his grandmother (Louanne Stephens).

Mulkey co-starred in AMC's multiple Emmy nominee "Broken Trail" last year and also counts a recurring role on "Twin Peaks" and FOX's brilliant-but-cancelled comedy "Bakersfield PD" among his credits.

He's also appeared in the films "North Country," "Sugar Town" and "Behind Enemy Lines" and made guest appearances on such shows as "CSI," "Lost" and "Boomtown."

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: 'Friday Night Lights' Season 2
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 02:38:47 AM »
I just messaged you with this info - since we were looking for it. Sorry about that, I was coming to post and saw this!!!

Im so excited, I wonder if Coach Taylor and his wife have a boy or girl :lol3:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 01:55:13 PM »
I can't believe its on at 10, I just realized that. Im EST. So yeah!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 10:02:53 PM »
It's on at 9 MST here, which is great b/c the other Fri shows I watch are at 7 & 8.  Yes!  :jumpy: 

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 12:35:35 AM »
It works for me cause then the kids will be in bed :yess: LOL!! I could just see me thinking it was on at 8 and be freaking out cause I couldn't find it :lol:   

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 01:25:05 AM »
Hey Mama,
I got FNL the first season dvd this week from Amazon!  Yay, now I can see the very beginning.  :yess: I'm gonna try to watch it all before the new season starts.
Got it for a purdy decent price.  They also had Heroes for the same price, but couldn't afford to buy both.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 01:29:42 AM »
Yay, I have actually watched the whole thing twice now. And 3-5 three times :lol3: I have no life, what can I say!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 01:40:58 AM »
You have boys to tend to and you have no life??  ???  LOL!!

Wow, you've watched it 3-5 times!  I'd say you are a diehard FNL fan for sure!  :wohoo:  Wish more people at rff were interested in it. 
I can guarantee them if they love great drama, they would get addicted to this show!!  Right Mama? 

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 12:46:57 AM »
Yes, I really do have no life. The kids go to bed between 8-9 and my husband works night so i've become a night owl. Of course there is no good tv on late at night when I actually CAN watch it without being interupted :lol:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 03:15:54 AM »
Does your hubby enjoy FNL also? 
How many boys do you have? 
We raised 5!  plus 2 girls!  It is one heckuva job, but worth every minute. :tup:  My hubby worked 3 shifts, alternating by week.  The swing shift was the worst b/c the kids & he saw very little of each other.  :(  He had weekends off tho!  :yess:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 09:54:11 PM »
Can't say I have seen him ever really watch it :lol: Im sure he would. We have 3 boys.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 10:08:28 PM »
Is he a football fan?  I am, altho I rarely watch except the NFL playoffs.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 11:30:09 AM »
Were HUGE football fans in this house! Two different teams, lol.  :yess: Broncos/Steelers! Of course even when we aren't watching our teams we have it on football (especially college since we hardly get the Vols here :) ).

Hes not much of a tv fan, but I bet if he didn't work nights it would be one show he'd watch with me. LOL!

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 02:25:59 PM »
I was reading something (either tv guide or the newspaper - rare) and it said that it will come on at 9 (EST), and then move to 10. Do you think thats just the first episode, and its like a review of everything that happened last season? Because I know I read they already have the baby, and I was thinking maybe they would show what all last season led up to?

I've never watched a show that did that but I have heard others have. What do you think? 10/9c would be 10 EST..... and this said 9 EST on October 5th. Hmmm.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 03:47:20 PM »
Mama, I searched for that info about changing the time after the first week, but no find anything.  TVGuide for Wk 2 is the best bet for finding out.

Here's an interesting editorial from TVGuide:

Monday, September 24, 2007

Roush on Friday Night Lights, Deal or No Deal and Women's Murder Club

Question: As thrilled as I am that NBC is giving the stellar Friday Night Lights another chance, I've become even more excited about the show's new time slot, Fridays at 9 pm/ET. I know many have bemoaned the fact that Friday is a TV graveyard where quality shows are sent to die, but unless I'm missing something here, this new slot could work in the show's favor for three very big reasons. First, there’s the aforementioned reputation Friday has as a low-viewership night. Thus, the expectations probably aren't as high as they were when the show was on Tuesdays. Second, instead of being asked to kick off a night, Lights will have a lead-in (Deal or No Deal) that generates a fairly sizable audience. Doesn't it stand to reason that at least some Deal viewers will stick around — and, hopefully, like what they see from Lights? Both shows, while different, are programs families can watch together. And third, every other show the networks have scheduled against Lights in that slot is a new series, meaning that Lights won't have to go up against an already established hit with high viewership. Not to mention that none of the new shows in that slot have scored huge in the buzz department. Plus, haven't the show's first-season DVD sales been strong? Am I being naive here, or could Lights actually add to its numbers in its second season? Or at least not lose viewers and manage to survive for the long haul?— Travis K.

Matt Roush: These are all the best-case scenarios, and I'm happy to indulge. I hope the DVD exposure will help, and having a popular and populist lead-in can't hurt. Keeping expectations low is probably a great idea, to be honest. But don't be surprised or overly dismayed if ABC's Women's Murder Club is the show that pops in this time period (the same night and same hour in which CSI first took off). We just have to hope that Friday Night Lights can hold on to its loyal base and that the base has grown — and its demographics and relatively low production costs will help keep it on the air for the short and long haul.

SOURCE:  http://www.tvguide.com/Ask-Matt/friday-night-lights/070924-06

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 05:05:10 PM »
So its just 9 every week now, not 10? Uh, im off to find the article where I read it. I think it was in the paper.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 01:26:52 AM »
I haven't found anything about it starting at 10 ET the first week then changing to 9 ET for the rest of the season.  I guess when it gets here, we'll find out!  And it's barely 10 days away! :wohoo:     

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 07:16:08 PM »
They must've just changed it to 9 all together. Thanks.

Im getting excited  :jumpy:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 08:22:19 PM »
Hey Mama!  This week's tvguide mag has FNL scheduled for 8pm MST.  I'm getting very ready for it especially after reading in the Guide about the birth of Coach's baby.  Yeah!  I'm getting excited for the show to start!  Here's hoping they get a better viewing audience this time.  :yess:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 03:11:40 PM »
Its on at 9 here, so that would make it 7 MST I thought? UH im so confused lol.

Sorry, my brain is totally fried.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 05:12:27 PM by Mama2MyBoys »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 07:41:13 AM »
Hi Mama, FNL aired at 8pm here, following Deal or No Deal.  See when it says 8pm CT, that usually means MT will also get it at 8pm.  CT already saw it tho b/c they're an hr ahead of us. At 8pm their time, it's 7pm here.

How did you like the season 2 opener?  I thought it was great, but need to watch my tape.  I had just come home from town, putting groceries away etc...so couldn't sit down and watch.

I'll get back to ya later.  I can't stay awake!  :groan:   Up all night...

ttyl,
Rudy  :hugs:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2007, 06:24:50 PM »
I made a new thread with spoilers cause I was worried some on the east coast might not get to see it before they read the thread.

I liked it, except the Landy/Tyra and the stalker thing. I just I dunno. I could've done without someone being murdered, especially in the very first episode of the second season. I was hoping that her stalker would've gotten caught. Like when she pulled into the police station. I dunno. I do think that her and Landy are kinda cute hehe.

And I really hope that Julie and Matt don't break up. I think that it will be a very weird show if that were to happen. Ya know?

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2007, 06:26:38 PM »
Oh and I really can not stand the new coach. :rolleyes: