Author Topic: Phil in the news ..  (Read 345719 times)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Re: Phil in the news ..
« Reply #650 on: December 21, 2012, 06:02:36 PM »

Hey guys,   :cmas20

Have anyone posted this before? Pardon me if I'm double-posting this issue,

First, I couldn't find a better place to put this (I don't really know whether it's a spoiler or not), but well.. Please moderate my post to the correct place if you feel so,..

Second, Phil tweeted this picture on December 13, 2012 :

and he said:

@PhilKeoghan 13 Dec
"Who knows this flag? And what season of the Amazing Race?"

It's a flag of Antigua and Barbuda, and located in the Caribbean..,

As far as I'm concern, have we visited there?

I looked up to wikipedia's countries and locales visited during the race, but couldn't find Antigua and Barbuda...

anyone wants to have a thought?

Cheers  :cmas27

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #651 on: December 21, 2012, 06:47:41 PM »

Hey guys,   :cmas20

Have anyone posted this before? Pardon me if I'm double-posting this issue,

First, I couldn't find a better place to put this (I don't really know whether it's a spoiler or not), but well.. Please moderate my post to the correct place if you feel so,..

Second, Phil tweeted this picture on December 13, 2012 :

and he said:

@PhilKeoghan 13 Dec
"Who knows this flag? And what season of the Amazing Race?"

It's a flag of Antigua and Barbuda, and located in the Caribbean..,

As far as I'm concern, have we visited there?

I looked up to wikipedia's countries and locales visited during the race, but couldn't find Antigua and Barbuda...

anyone wants to have a thought?

Cheers  :cmas27

TAR 9.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #652 on: December 21, 2012, 07:10:25 PM »
TAR 9.

Of course :groan:

Thanks Alen  :cmas22 , so it's a decoy flag then.. :)

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #653 on: January 03, 2013, 11:36:42 PM »
LA Times Events ‏@LATimesEvents
.@PhilKeoghan of #TheAmazingRace at Travel Show, Feb. 22-24, @ConventionLA. http://bit.ly/4zdFPL . #lattravelshow pic.twitter.com/Z7rkwTz1

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #654 on: January 04, 2013, 03:09:45 PM »
The Amazing Race
Phil Keoghan tries to sell outdoor equipment without getting recognized. Check out this hilarious clip and don't miss "I Get That A Lot" airing next Wednesday, January 9th at 8/7c. Only CBS! http://bit.ly/Z40Ubo

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:28:13 PM by LoveRocked »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #655 on: January 04, 2013, 03:17:34 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nGzyN7Zc3c8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nGzyN7Zc3c8</a>

Phil Keoghan tries to sell outdoor equipment without getting recognized. Don't miss an all new I Get That A Lot airing Wednesday, January 9th at 8/7c. Only CBS

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #656 on: January 04, 2013, 06:13:24 PM »
If you zoom in on his employers' uniform, the black with white border & logo says, "REI", knowing he lives in Los Angeles area (obviously where most celebrities hide :lol:), there are 3 different REI stores in LA County, there's one in Santa Monica, near Manhattan Beach, Arcadia, and Huntington Beach.

I'm pinpointing the one in Huntington Beach as searching on Google Maps because the ceiling in the Arcadia branch is too high compared to the photo of Phil facing forward (I know this because the Arcadia REI on Google Maps is Barnes & Nobles sized), the ones in Santa Monica and Manhattan Beach are pretty tall also.

Huntington Beach sounds like the total culprit as there is a review on Google Maps saying, "Sucks... Too small go to a real REI". Probably the most helpful bad review ever. :lol3: Now we are able to go there and say that Phil has had a technical "Pit Stop" there. :yess:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:19:39 PM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #657 on: January 12, 2013, 09:08:15 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zegqvQB4s2o

I know this has been posted before but I just saw this on Youtube! :o

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #658 on: January 12, 2013, 03:28:51 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zegqvQB4s2o

I know this has been posted before but I just saw this on Youtube! :o
It would be pretty funny if Tyler & James got to the Pit Stop asking where Phil is. :lol:
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #659 on: January 23, 2013, 11:20:42 AM »
Phil will be hosting 'So you think you can pitch'

Read more here:

http://realscreen.com/2013/01/23/finalists-chosen-for-summit-pitching-competition/
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #660 on: January 24, 2013, 12:01:03 AM »

Phil was in Salt Lake City yesterday promoting his now energy bars...

@durking
#noopportunitywasted. Great dudes at the NOW energy booth. Phil from Amazing Race holding it down. Great tasting product. Gluten free for those want that too. Check them out and look for the new A3 product for action sports soon!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #661 on: February 10, 2013, 07:55:08 PM »
@ philiminator Thankful! ... Taking my daughter to the #Grammys @TheGrammys @NoOppWasted   2h

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #662 on: February 13, 2013, 02:33:26 AM »
Phil will be the KEYNOTE SPEAKER at the LA Travel Show at the LA convention center Sat 2/23 1-2PM

Link to more info and tickets here:

http://events.latimes.com/travelshow/general-information/ts-schedule/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #663 on: February 17, 2013, 07:39:36 PM »
Phil doing a LIVE TAR chat!!

Phil Keoghan ‏@PhilKeoghan
I'll be chatting about #AmazingRace live at 4pm ET/1pm ET this Tuesday. RSVP now and join in http://on.fb.me/Yh8VbM  Hope to see you there
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #664 on: February 21, 2013, 11:23:51 AM »
Emmy Award winning TV hosts Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Phil Keoghan and A-list celebrity trainer Gunnar Peterson will be onsite at the Natural ProductsExpo West Tradeshow on March 8-10 in Anaheim, CA to present theirall-natural product lines NoGii, NOWand 14 to Lean, respectively.
Elisabeth, Phil and Gunnar will be at the Europa Sports Products booth(5211) located in the New Products Pavilion answering questions, taking photos and signing autographs, DVDs and books. Expo West is the premier natural, organic and healthy living tradeshow with over 60,000 attendees.

Keoghan, creator of NOW Bars, standing for No Opportunity Wasted, will introduce his new line of NOW trail bars available in four flavors and his all-natural first aid topical ointment Road Rash; ideal for those cuts and scrapes athletes suffer when training or competing. NOW's gluten-free and all-natural energy, snack and trail bars are made specifically to fit the nutritional needs of endurance athletes and contain the key ingredients; manuka honey and chia seeds. NOW product line extension A3 (Anytime, Anywhere, Anyplace), a line of healthy functional snack bars for the action sports athlete will also debut at Expo West. Visit Nowenergybar.com

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/21/idUSnMKW88210a+1c0+MKW20130221
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #665 on: February 23, 2013, 05:40:36 PM »

Travel Show: Secret to Phil Keoghan's excellent adventures

Phil Keoghan tolk stories about his life as host of "The Amazing Race" during the Los Angeles Times Travel Show on Saturday afternoon. (Tom Politeo)

February 23, 2013, 2:53 p.m.

Phil Keoghan of "The Amazing Race" has scuba dived with a dog, swilled the blood of a cobra and attended a nudist wedding. He also tried swimming the mile across the Bosporus strait that separates the Asian and European sides of Istanbul, but drifted downstream three miles before getting fished out.

And he sometimes gets lost when he travels as host of the TV show too (but not for the same reasons as the contestants do.)

"I love traveling," the New Zealand-born Keoghan told the audience Saturday afternoon at the Los Angeles Times Travel Show. "My whole philosophy is 'no opportunity wasted' or NOW, which means living the biggest possible life you can." In case you miss the point, he has written a book with the same title that encourages people to draft their own life list.

While talking about traveling for "Amazing Race," Keoghan sounded as stressed as his contestants. He pointed out that he has to stay one step ahead of the leaders at each destination while also greeting the team in last place. He shoots about 21 shows in 12 days, which roughs out to two days per show, logging 40,000 miles in 10 countries.

In Azerbaijan last year, he was in the Asian nation less than 24 hours to perform his host duties. "i had to rush to the pit stop but got caught in traffic and I see [contestants] Dave and Rachel in a taxi heading there," he recalled. Keoghan jumped out of the car, ran past the contestants and up to the mat just in time to say a quick hello to the greeter, but no time to explain to her what was going on.

Away from the show, Keoghan has raised more than $1 million for the MS Society, most notably during a bicycle ride across the United States.

But it's all part of his life plan. "For my entire career, I was trying to take this life list I wrote, all the things I wanted to do before I died," and get paid for it, he said. "That would be a cool life."

Phil, so far so good.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/la-trb-travel-show-phil-keoghan-20130223,0,1500524.story?track=rss

Heee....I think maybe 12 shows in 21 days?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #666 on: February 24, 2013, 12:37:41 AM »
Guess What? I found that Phil Keoghan look younger!

Check this out!!

The Amazing Race presenter in his early years presenting for TV3 New Zealand Yahoo show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ukneB8i1VU0

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #667 on: February 24, 2013, 12:18:06 PM »
They prob know that much, but I am sure he makes it fun for them and eeps them updated on who is who as well.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #668 on: February 24, 2013, 06:49:41 PM »
Guess What? I found that Phil Keoghan look younger!

Check this out!!

The Amazing Race presenter in his early years presenting for TV3 New Zealand Yahoo show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ukneB8i1VU0

He still looks pretty  :luvya: and his accent was so strong back then! Thank you for showing us LR! :)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #669 on: February 24, 2013, 08:07:45 PM »
Ha , so funny!  :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 11:02:33 PM by Declive »
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #670 on: February 25, 2013, 11:12:16 PM »
What do you thought?

Phil Keoghan
Good idea, who would you suggest? RT @drdantepereirea there should be a celebrity edition of the #Amaizngrace for charity!! @NoOppWasted from Twitter.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #671 on: February 26, 2013, 09:48:36 PM »
What do you thought?

Phil Keoghan
Good idea, who would you suggest? RT @drdantepereirea there should be a celebrity edition of the #Amaizngrace for charity!! @NoOppWasted from Twitter.
Big red bold X! :gaah:

A local celebrity version of TAR is cool like Los Angeles or New York for well-known people like theatrical singers, congresspeople, and athletes, but national TAR, no.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #672 on: February 28, 2013, 05:17:55 AM »
Good News! I found on fb tag of Phil. Phil is young look like 80s!

Check this out.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #673 on: February 28, 2013, 10:28:17 AM »
 :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

These are so valuable  :lol3:

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 04:58:12 AM by Declive »
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #674 on: February 28, 2013, 03:35:01 PM »
Guess What? I found out that Phil's picture that he young look 80s!

Check this out! look above up. :)