Author Topic: Phil in the news ..  (Read 345692 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Phil in the news ..
« Reply #600 on: March 08, 2012, 09:10:54 PM »
Phil has a new video where he discusses TAR and The RIDE:

http://www.thatsfit.com/videos-partner/youve-got-phil-keoghan-517298791-349
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

paldog123456

« Reply #601 on: March 08, 2012, 09:47:56 PM »
OMG I am not sure if y'all knew this, but Phil has his own luggage line on HSN! I just bought a set!

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #602 on: April 02, 2012, 06:19:59 PM »
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #603 on: April 05, 2012, 04:18:41 PM »
Phil will be joining a MS ride in Miami on Apr 21st

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7ltL06lCgg
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #604 on: April 05, 2012, 04:20:38 PM »
Phil talks travel, life lists and abt his NOW luggage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjuyzq65QzQ

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #605 on: April 05, 2012, 06:54:10 PM »
That's a LOT of boarding passes. I wish I kept my boarding passes too. :lol:
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #606 on: April 11, 2012, 07:02:07 AM »
Pedal to the medal during the 'MS Bike Ride'
  April 11, 2012

An estimated 2,500 cyclists will make the two-day, 150-mile journey from the Maroone Start/Finish Village at Homestead-Miami Speedway to The Village at John Pennekamp State Park in Key Largo and back. This will be part of the "Zimmerman MS Bike Ride Presented by Mack Cycle and Fitness," featuring special guest, host of "The Amazing Race," Phil Keoghan.

The "MS Bike Ride" is one of Florida's cycling events that raises money to support research, programs and services to those affected by multiple sclerosis.

Last year's ride raised nearly $1.8 million through corporate sponsorships and fundraising efforts of the cyclists, volunteers and donors.

The ride beings at Homestead-Miami Speedway on April 21 at 7 a.m. with a lap around the track NASCAR style, then stops overnight at John Pennekamp Park in Key Largo.

Once all riders arrive at the park, they will celebrate in a festival-like atmosphere with food and entertainment. Riders can either camp for free at the park or make hotel accommodations.

The following morning riders will return to the Speedway for the finale where volunteers will cheer them across the finish line and present them with a medal.

Rest stops will be available every 4 to 9 miles with food, drinks, first aid and bike repair.

This year, Emmy Award nominated host Phil Keoghan will be riding with the Mack Cycle and Fitness team.

Kids and families are also invited to participate in a "Kids and Family Ride" on April 21 at 8 a.m.

There is a $15 fundraising minimum for kids 12 and younger; $50 minimum for teens ages 13 - 17; $150 minimum for adults 18 and older. A $20 registration fee applies to age 13 and older.

Sponsors include: Zimmerman Advertising; Mack Cycle and Fitness; DHL; Maroone; FedEx; Bacardi Hatuey; American Express; Subway; and UPS.

To register or volunteer, visit http://www.msbikeflorida.org or call 800-344-4867. •

Pedal to the medal during the 'MS Bike Ride'
  Comments 0Share0

Yolanda Salgado (Sue Kawalerski, Society Scene / April 10, 2012)

Topics
Auto Racing
Speedway
Physical Fitness and Exercise
See more topics »
XAwards and Prizes
Multiple Sclerosis
FedEx Corporation
The Amazing Race (tv program)
First Aid
American Express Company
NASCAR April 11, 2012
An estimated 2,500 cyclists will make the two-day, 150-mile journey from the Maroone Start/Finish Village at Homestead-Miami Speedway to The Village at John Pennekamp State Park in Key Largo and back. This will be part of the "Zimmerman MS Bike Ride Presented by Mack Cycle and Fitness," featuring special guest, host of "The Amazing Race," Phil Keoghan.

The "MS Bike Ride" is one of Florida's cycling events that raises money to support research, programs and services to those affected by multiple sclerosis.

Last year's ride raised nearly $1.8 million through corporate sponsorships and fundraising efforts of the cyclists, volunteers and donors.

The ride beings at Homestead-Miami Speedway on April 21 at 7 a.m. with a lap around the track NASCAR style, then stops overnight at John Pennekamp Park in Key Largo.

Once all riders arrive at the park, they will celebrate in a festival-like atmosphere with food and entertainment. Riders can either camp for free at the park or make hotel accommodations.

The following morning riders will return to the Speedway for the finale where volunteers will cheer them across the finish line and present them with a medal.

Rest stops will be available every 4 to 9 miles with food, drinks, first aid and bike repair.

This year, Emmy Award nominated host Phil Keoghan will be riding with the Mack Cycle and Fitness team.

Kids and families are also invited to participate in a "Kids and Family Ride" on April 21 at 8 a.m.

There is a $15 fundraising minimum for kids 12 and younger; $50 minimum for teens ages 13 - 17; $150 minimum for adults 18 and older. A $20 registration fee applies to age 13 and older.

Sponsors include: Zimmerman Advertising; Mack Cycle and Fitness; DHL; Maroone; FedEx; Bacardi Hatuey; American Express; Subway; and UPS.

To register or volunteer, visit http://www.msbikeflorida.org or call 800-344-4867. •

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/community/custom/society/broward/fl-societyse-zimmerman-0411-20120411,0,7631620.story

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #607 on: April 18, 2012, 03:41:56 PM »

The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson: Carol Burnett, Phil Keoghan
On Wednesday April 25th, 2012 Craig opens up with a monologue and then welcomes the following guests Carol Burnett, Phil Keoghan

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #608 on: April 25, 2012, 09:38:48 AM »

The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson: Carol Burnett, Phil Keoghan
On Wednesday April 25th, 2012 Craig opens up with a monologue and then welcomes the following guests Carol Burnett, Phil Keoghan

Tonight is the night!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #609 on: April 26, 2012, 12:29:06 AM »
Damn reruns. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #610 on: April 26, 2012, 07:18:41 AM »
Damn reruns. :lol:

Was it just a rerun? I was trying to find links to watch it, but I can't find anyone.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #611 on: April 26, 2012, 07:26:13 AM »
Yes it was the repeat from Feb where he talked about The Ride and bicycle cream. :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #612 on: April 29, 2012, 05:55:15 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #613 on: April 29, 2012, 06:14:14 PM »
Peach, I can't see video part 3?
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #614 on: April 29, 2012, 08:32:46 PM »
Sorry, I can't help. If you can see the first parts, it will load automatically. Or use the link, and click on the third pic on the right.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #615 on: April 29, 2012, 08:47:57 PM »
Thanks! It's work! Anyway
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #616 on: May 08, 2012, 02:55:41 PM »
Phil and professional cyclists join Novartis to raise MS awareness

http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/novartis/54699/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #617 on: May 08, 2012, 03:22:19 PM »
East Hanover, NJ, May 08, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Phil Keoghan, host of “The Amazing Race,” and the women cyclists of the professional “NOW and Novartis for MS” team are joining with Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation for a second year in a row to raise awareness of MS. The campaign, “Together in MS,” will support the MS community and show that MS does not have to define the more than 400,000 people in the U.S. living with the disease.

This year, Together in MS will partner Keoghan and a group of world class, professional women cyclists with people living with MS to ride tandem bicycles in National MS Society Bike MS events across the country. Keoghan will ride tandem with Regina Lyalls, a dedicated mother, passionate MS advocate, and driven professional who refuses to let her relapsing MS define her.

“I am a passionate MS advocate, and raising awareness for MS is something that I’ve been involved with for years,” said Keoghan. “Novartis shares my longstanding commitment, and I’m excited to have the opportunity to work together once again to educate and empower people living with this potentially disabling disease. Riding tandem with Regina is going to be a thrill. She’s an incredible woman and an inspiration to us all.”

Lyalls, Keoghan’s tandem cycling partner, has a unique – and very meaningful – connection to the Bike MS program. “I signed up for my first ride before I knew I had MS,” said Lyalls. “On the same day I received my registration packet, my doctor called with my MS diagnosis. But I didn’t let my MS define me then – and I’m looking forward to riding tandem with Phil to show others living with MS that they can still aspire to do great things.”

The tandem cycling tour begins on May 12 near Minneapolis-St. Paul with five stops nationwide. In each city, Novartis will host rallies open to ride participants and local MS community members and supporters. Attendees will have the chance to meet with the team as well as learn valuable tips from the professional riders.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #618 on: May 09, 2012, 03:18:09 PM »
If anyone can figure out the national schedule of 5 events starting with the one in Minnesota May 12, I would be interested in that information. I have attempted to fight through a thicket of web pages that do not reveal that information.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #619 on: May 17, 2012, 07:37:27 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #620 on: May 17, 2012, 07:41:09 PM »
If anyone can figure out the national schedule of 5 events starting with the one in Minnesota May 12, I would be interested in that information. I have attempted to fight through a thicket of web pages that do not reveal that information.

I think you have to click on this map??

http://www.togetherinms.com/get-involved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #621 on: May 19, 2012, 09:44:18 AM »
Peach,

That did not work the first 5 times I tried it, but using your link it did. I discovered that the MS Bikeathon in my area will be Sept. 22 and 23rd in Morristown NJ. That's fairly close to Novartis headquarters in East Hanover NJ. Thanks!

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #622 on: May 20, 2012, 11:02:20 AM »
From LA times.

Phil Keoghan knows all about racing, cycling or otherwise

By Diane Pucin

May 17, 2012, 2:29 p.m.

Phil Keoghan, the Emmy-winning host of the reality show "The Amazing Race," is also a fan of cycling. He is such a big fan that he is now a sponsor for a women’s cycling team, NOW and Novartis for MS, based in Santa Monica.

On Friday, Alison Powers, a 33-year-old American riding for Keoghan’s team, finished second in the Amgen Tour of California women’s time trial in Bakersfield. Powers was behind only Kristin Armstrong, the defending Olympic gold medalist in the road racing event.

Keoghan said he and his wife Louise became seriously involved in cycling about seven years ago when they were asked to sponsor a local amateur team in Santa Monica that was associated with a multiple sclerosis charity.

"We loved cycling, we started talking about it and decided to do something at the pro level," Keoghan said.

In 2009 Keoghan filmed a documentary called "The Ride" that chronicled his bike trip across America. It debuted on the cable channel Showtime earlier this year. The film has raised $1 million for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Keoghan said.

Keoghan said that as much as raising money for MS, he is most proud of often taking his professional riders and putting them on tandem bicycles with riders who have MS.

"It’s kind of cool," Keoghan said, "to put a national champion on a bicycle with somebody who maybe hasn’t ridden five miles on a bike in their entire life."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-phil-keoghan-20120517,0,3666655.story

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #623 on: June 05, 2012, 04:26:28 PM »
Phil Keoghan
Honored that #AmazingRace has been selected for #Criticschoice 2012 @CBSTweet
Unlike ·  · @PhilKeoghan on Twitter · 9 minutes ago via Twitter ·

BEST REALITY SERIES - COMPETITION
The Pitch
Shark Tank
So You Think You Can Dance
The Voice
Chopped
The Amazing Race

BEST REALITY SHOW HOST
Tom Bergeron, Dancing With the Stars
Nick Cannon, America's Got Talent
Cat Deeley, So You Think You Can Dance
Phil Keoghan, The Amazing Race
RuPaul, RuPaul's Drag Race

http://perezhilton.com/2012-06-05-critics-choice-awards-2012-nominations#.T855BtU7huM

Congrats TAR!! WTG!!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #624 on: June 05, 2012, 04:27:30 PM »
Phil Keoghan
Honored that #AmazingRace has been selected for #Criticschoice 2012 @CBSTweet
Unlike ·  · @PhilKeoghan on Twitter · 9 minutes ago via Twitter ·

Phil Keoghan
Honored that The Amazing Race has been selected for 2012 Critics Choice Awards, always nice to know they're watching:) Respect.
3 mins ago

BEST REALITY SERIES - COMPETITION
The Pitch
Shark Tank
So You Think You Can Dance
The Voice
Chopped
The Amazing Race

BEST REALITY SHOW HOST
Tom Bergeron, Dancing With the Stars
Nick Cannon, America's Got Talent
Cat Deeley, So You Think You Can Dance
Phil Keoghan, The Amazing Race
RuPaul, RuPaul's Drag Race
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:31:56 PM by LoveRocked »