Author Topic: Phil in the news ..  (Read 345709 times)

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
Re: Phil in the news ..
« Reply #575 on: November 24, 2011, 05:47:57 PM »
it's pretty cool! Phil got onecredit for air new zealand!! how cool that?!?
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #576 on: January 10, 2012, 05:04:06 PM »
1/10/2012 3:18:00 PM
The Amazing Race to come to Bermuda

Sarah Lagan
Writer/Sub-editor

TUESDAY, JAN. 10: Bermuda will be thrust into the limelight when global reality TV phenomenon The Amazing Race makes a pit stop on the island.

Phil Keogan, producer and host of the multi award-winning CBS show, is bringing five lucky couples here to compete in the adventure race for the first annual Ultimate Bermuda Experience on January 17.

Funds raised from the event will benefit the MS Society of Bermuda.

In line with The Amazing Race TV show, contestants will compete in challenges designed to showcase Bermuda and its unique culture. The experience will kick off with a fundraising gala with gourmet dinner and dancing on January 15.

The race will begin at Camden in the Botanical Gardens and will finish in Royal Naval Dockyard. Local residents are encouraged to come out and cheer on the contestants at various spots along the race: 7am at Camden for the start, 8am at Albuoy's Point Park for a challenge and 11am in Dockyard for the finish.

Video footage of the race will be posted on several sites including CBS.com and The Amazing Race Facebook page.

Dudley Thomas, Director of The Ultimate Bermuda Experience Delivery Consortium, said: “The format of this experiential adventure will not only highlight the beautiful landscape, people and culture of Bermuda and introduce our tourism product to new consumers in North America but also raise awareness and funds for those in Bermuda suffering from multiple sclerosis. It represents a fantastic opportunity to introduce the Bermuda tourism product to new consumers.

“This is a major fundraising initiative for the MS Society of Bermuda and we welcome donations from corporations and members of the public,” said Mr Thomas, who is also Director-At-Large & VP Business Development of Elbow Beach Cycles, platinum sponsor of the Ultimate Bermuda Experience.“

The Ultimate Bermuda Experience’s fundraising dinner takes place on January 15 at 7pm in The Queen’s Exhibition Hall on Commissioner's House Grounds in Dockyard. Guests will be able to meet Phil Keoghan and hear about his worldwide adventures.

Mr Keoghan said:  “I have been a longtime supporter of the US National Multiple Sclerosis Society and I am so happy to be coming to Bermuda to support the local chapter here. I am also thrilled to be visiting Bermuda to learn about and experience everything the island has to offer.”

Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is a chronic, sometimes disabling, disease that strikes the central nervous system, which consists of the brain and spinal cord. People with MS can experience anything from cognitive difficulties, visual disturbances and memory loss to fatigue, muscle stiffness and weakness, pain in the arms and legs, and depression. While there is no cure, there are treatments available to manage the symptoms of MS and slow down its progression. The MS Society of Bermuda works with its members to help pay for the staggering costs of medications that can range anywhere from $1,300 to $5,000 a month.

“We are so grateful to the Ultimate Bermuda Experience and Phil Keoghan for raising awareness of MS and funds to help us provide MS sufferers on the island with much-needed assistance with their medical needs,” said President of MS Society of Bermuda, Carolyn Armstrong.

Other sponsors of the Ultimate Bermuda Experience include NOW Energy Bar, The Reefs Hotel & Club, The Que Agency, G.E.T. Limited, Hope4Life and Bermuda Ministry of National Security.

Tickets are $100 and can be purchased from 27th Century Boutique and Elbow Beach Cycles. Ticket proceeds will go to the MS Society of Bermuda.

For more information, visit www.elbowbeachcycles.com/ultimatebermudaexperience.

Individuals can call 292-5838 or email victoria@troncossi.bm.”

http://bermudasun.bm/main.asp?SectionID=72&SubSectionID=205&ArticleID=56129
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #577 on: January 17, 2012, 02:51:44 AM »
Check this out!! Phil and Phil raises $17,000 in Bermuda!!

Phil dancing Bermuda Gombeys!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TdrWr1Sp_sw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TdrWr1Sp_sw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #578 on: January 17, 2012, 02:55:24 AM »
http://bernews.com/2012/01/race-gala-raises-24k-for-ms/

Race Gala Raises $24,000 For MS

The Ultimate Bermuda Experience – the adventure race “Amazing Race” host Phil Keoghan is participating in — announced it raised $24,280 at a spectacular fundraising gala held on Sunday [Jan. 15] at The Queen’s Exhibition Hall in The Keep at Dockyard.
The funds raised are to benefit the MS Society of Bermuda and were collected through donations and ticket sales for the black tie evening.
The money raised will support the mission of the MS Society of Bermuda in working with persons with multiple sclerosis [MS] and their families to better understand and cope with the many varied symptoms of the disease.
In addition, the organisation strives to increase public awareness and understanding of MS and to assist MS sufferers with medical needs.
Photo (left to right): Phil Keoghan, host of “The Amazing Race”; Carolyn Armstrong of the MS Society of Bermuda; Lt. Colonel Burch; Dudley Thomas of Elbow Beach Cycles; Dolores G. Thomas of Elbow Beach Cycles; Quency Phillips of The Que Agency

“We have thoroughly enjoyed being a sponsor of the Ultimate Bermuda Experience, which is how this gala came about” said Dudley Thomas, director, The Ultimate Bermuda Experience Delivery Consortium and director-at-large & VP Business Development of Elbow Beach Cycles, platinum sponsor of the Ultimate Bermuda Experience.
“Being a part of the fundraising efforts to support the MS Society of Bermuda is extremely rewarding. Not only have we been able to raise awareness about the condition and how it affects Bermudians but also we hope that the funds raised will help those people with MS by providing better access to the medical care they need.”

MS is a chronic, sometimes disabling, disease that strikes the central nervous system, which consists of the brain and spinal cord. People with MS can experience anything from cognitive difficulties, visual disturbances and memory loss to fatigue, muscle stiffness and weakness, pain in the arms and legs, and depression.
While there is no cure and the condition is extremely difficult to diagnose, there are treatments available to manage the symptoms of MS and slow down its progression.
The MS Society of Bermuda works with its members to help pay for the staggering costs of medications that can range anywhere from $1,300 to $5,000 a month.
“We are humbled by the outpouring of support for the MS Society of Bermuda through the Ultimate Bermuda Experience. On behalf of the Society, I would like to thank Phil Keoghan for coming to Bermuda and using his celebrity status to help us raise awareness about MS,” said president of MS Society of Bermuda, Carolyn Armstrong.
The Ultimate Bermuda Experience is an adventure race being held on Tuesday [Jan. 17] in which five lucky couples have won a trip to Bermuda to compete in challenges designed to showcase Bermuda and its unique culture.

The race will begin at Camden in the Botanical Gardens and will finish in Royal Naval Dockyard.
Local residents are encouraged to cheer on the contestants at various spots along the race: 7am at Camden for the start, 8am at Albuoy’s Point Park for a challenge and 11am in Dockyard for the finish.
Look for contestants in bright blue tshirts riding scooters and hybrid electric bikes.
“I trust Bermuda residents will let contestants feel the love as they travel across the island,” said Mr Thomas.
Other sponsors of the Ultimate Bermuda Experience include Bermuda Ministry of National Security, the Bermuda Department of Tourism, The Que Agency, The Reefs Hotel & Club, Elbow Beach Bermuda Resort & Spa, NOW Energy Bar, G.E.T. Limited, Freisenbruch Meyer, Gosling’s, Barritt’s and Hope4Life.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #579 on: January 18, 2012, 01:34:26 AM »
All Courtesy of: GoToBermuda

The Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan

Phil Keoghan, host of The Amazing Race, is visiting Bermuda to support
the MS Society of Bermuda, the official charity of the Ultimate Bermuda
Experience. Joining Phil on The Ultimate Bermuda Experience are five
lucky couples who won a trip to Bermuda to compete in an adventure race
across the island on Tuesday, January 17.

Phil is pictured with Billy Griffith, Director of the Bermuda Department of Tourism at Elbow Beach Bermuda

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #580 on: January 23, 2012, 10:22:04 PM »
This is a wonderful tribute to Phil and the work he has done for MS:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kmiocjxO4z4?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kmiocjxO4z4?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #581 on: January 24, 2012, 09:44:35 PM »
he need go on celbrity appertince

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #582 on: January 30, 2012, 04:26:52 PM »
Phil's "The ride" has made it to Showtime on Sat. Feb. 18 from 8pm to 930pm.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #583 on: January 30, 2012, 06:04:41 PM »
Phil's "The ride" has made it to Showtime on Sat. Feb. 18 from 8pm to 930pm.

more details below... :

SHOWTIME takes the ultimate road trip with The Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan in THE RIDE, a new documentary premiering on Saturday, February 18th at 8 PM, ET/PT (the night before the 20th season premiere of The Amazing Race on CBS). The documentary chronicles Emmy(R) winner Keoghan on a grueling 40 day bike ride across America during the spring of 2009.

In March 2009, 41-year-old Keoghan set out to pedal 3,500 miles from LA to New York. His goals: experience a once-in-a-lifetime adventure with his father; embark on the biggest mental and physical challenge of his life; and work towards raising $1 million for his favorite charity, the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. However, this life-changing adventure did not come without a price, which included a trip to the hospital, extreme exhaustion, countless spills, drastic weight loss and a dangerous crash in Ohio that left him bloodied and shaken.

THE RIDE also explores the relationships between Keoghan and his fellow adventurers. Viewers will get to know his beloved father John, training partner Ben, best friend and cameraman, Scott, and Greg, a colorful and protective former highway patrolman. Additionally, they'll see Keoghan and his team meeting countless individuals who are living with the crippling disease and the thousands of dedicated MS volunteers and citizens who came out to show their support.

Starting out as a film camera assistant 25 years ago, Keoghan has worked in more than 100 countries around the world as an actor, author, speaker, television host, producer and director. His work has earned him numerous awards, including eight prime-time Emmy(R) Awards as a producer and host of the hit CBS series The Amazing Race, premiering its 20th season on Sunday, February 19 at 8 PM ET/PT.

The premiere of THE RIDE on SHOWTIME is a celebration of Keoghan reaching his $1 million mark for MS fundraising.

THE RIDE is written and directed by Keoghan and produced by Louise Keoghan and No Opportunity Wasted (TM)Inc.

Read more: http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/Showtime-Announces-The-Ride-Following-Amazing-Race-Host-Phil-Keoghan-on-A-Cross-Country-Cycling-Adventure-218-20120130##ixzz1kzPRhffe
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #584 on: January 30, 2012, 06:55:13 PM »
Here's a teaser promo posted by the Futon Critic in connection with "The Ride" announcement from SHowtime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMeqF5VxHaY&feature=player_embedded
-- theschnauzers

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #585 on: January 31, 2012, 03:51:19 PM »
The day before the big day.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #586 on: February 01, 2012, 07:11:38 PM »

This is the big day? What did I miss?   :didimiss:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #587 on: February 01, 2012, 11:56:42 PM »

Oddarane meant the day before the premiere of TAR 20.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #588 on: February 02, 2012, 12:47:31 AM »

OK, I get it now. The Ride is on Showtime the day before TAR 20 premieres.  :tup:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #589 on: February 02, 2012, 12:48:17 AM »

OK, I get it now. The Ride is on Showtime the day before TAR 20 premieres.  :tup:

Okay, What time?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #590 on: February 02, 2012, 12:50:39 AM »

Okay, What time?

SHOWTIME takes the ultimate road trip with The Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan in THE RIDE, a new documentary premiering on Saturday, February 18th at 8 PM, ET/PT (the night before the 20th season premiere of The Amazing Race on CBS).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #591 on: February 02, 2012, 09:00:20 AM »
Phil's commercial for his "Travel Show" on HSN

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f4HZXzcA1OI?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/f4HZXzcA1OI?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #592 on: February 02, 2012, 12:05:38 PM »
I tried to check this out, without success. Other programs are listed on the HSN network for the times listed at the end of the above "travel promo." Phil's Travel Show is intended to promote a luggage line and could be on at within these time ranges:

tomorrow 2am-4am, 1pm-?, 8pm-10pm

It looks like this is a series, which means it could be on weekly. Set your VCRs or DVDs.

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #593 on: February 04, 2012, 05:54:54 PM »
I tried to check this out, without success. Other programs are listed on the HSN network for the times listed at the end of the above "travel promo." Phil's Travel Show is intended to promote a luggage line and could be on at within these time ranges:

tomorrow 2am-4am, 1pm-?, 8pm-10pm

It looks like this is a series, which means it could be on weekly. Set your VCRs or DVDs.

Phil was at HSN promoting his luggage in November last year.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #594 on: February 04, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »
Oddarane,

Watch the travel promo in Peach's post #591. What does it say at the end?

I can state with reasonable assurance that no Phil Travel Show appeared on HSN yesterday at 1pm - 3pm or 8pm - 10pm. If it had, I would have seen it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #595 on: February 04, 2012, 07:55:22 PM »
That popped up on an alert...have no idea when it was originally for, just liked the video. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #596 on: February 11, 2012, 01:28:32 AM »
UPCOMING GUESTS ON "THE LATE LATE SHOW with CRAIG FERGUSON" ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK, 2/9-2/22

(Monday through Friday, 12:37-1:37 AM, ET/PT,

Following Broadcasts of the "Late Show with David Letterman")

*Monday, Feb. 13         Actress Carol Burnett; host Phil Keoghan from the CBS reality series “The Amazing Race” (n)

My guess is he is promoting the Showtime The Ride...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #597 on: February 12, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »
There is one "The Ride" video that spotts Kent and Vyxsin,just don't remember what is this video
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #598 on: February 14, 2012, 03:30:28 PM »
Late Late Show Craig with Phil Keoghan

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EaV1qseFKrg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/EaV1qseFKrg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member