Author Topic: Phil in the news ..  (Read 345701 times)

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
Re: Phil in the news ..
« Reply #551 on: September 09, 2011, 08:06:56 AM »
The importance of owning a passport: a perspective from Phil Keoghan

With National Passport Day approaching in the US (September 17, 2011), we will be featuring perspectives on the importance of owning (and using) a passport.

First up is Phil Keoghan, host of the Emmy Award-winning travel series The Amazing Race, and a life-long passionate traveler well before his TV days. We asked him for his perspective on travel and why having a passport is so important:

I had my first passport when I was two years old. (My own daughter got her first passport when she was two weeks old.) By the time I was 12, I had traveled extensively through the Americas. I even flew by myself from the Caribbean back to New Zealand to attend boarding school. I got the travel bug early. Now every time I look up and see a plane in the sky, I dream of somewhere new.

It’s imperative that we get students curious and hungry about the world early. The most opportune time to travel is straight out of school, when you can just pack your bags and go. Travel is the most valuable education money can’t buy – an opportunity to be resourceful and learn lessons that will affect the way we live the rest of our lives.

More here: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/blog/2011/09/08/passports-a-perspective-from-phil-keoghan/
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #552 on: September 09, 2011, 09:01:46 AM »
A passport at two weeks old? :lol:
Thanks for sharing, Oddarane. :tup:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Thames Pirate

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #553 on: September 09, 2011, 11:11:33 PM »
When my sister was born we were in the process of moving.  The consulate was about to close for Christmas, and in order for the baby (and mom) to be able to come with us, she had to have her passport photo submitted by Dec. 14th or 15th.  She was born the 14th.  Almost the first thing after she was born was taking a passport photo (still in the hospital).  She had the passport in time to come with us in January (I think it arrived before Christmas).  Each of us (my sisters) traveled extensively in the first few months of life (and continue to do so).

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #554 on: September 12, 2011, 11:14:34 AM »
Phil Keoghan To Be Honored By National Multiple Sclerosis Society

September 12, 2011

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society will tonight (September 12) honor The Amazing Race’s Phil Keoghan in LA at the annual Dinner Of Champions.

Dinner of Champions is one of the most highly visible fundraising events in Los Angeles. The event honors a philanthropist each year who has made a significant contribution to the fight against multiple sclerosis, and is heavily supported by the entertainment industry. Last year’s Dinner funded $1.5 million worth of programs and services in Southern California and $1 million of national research programs.

Phil Keoghan is well known for his support of MS charities, and sponsors TeamVRC – a non-profit cycling club dedicated to developing tomorrow’s top talent while also increasing awareness about Multiple Sclerosis. Earlier this year, Phil launched the NOW and Novartis for MS professional women’s cycling team.

Also being honored at tonight’s event – to be held at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel – is Regal Entertainment Group President Greg Dunn.

For more information about the event, click here.

Read more: http://www.looktothestars.org/news/6918-phil-keoghan-to-be-honored-by-national-multiple-sclerosis-society#ixzz1XktqBE9u

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #555 on: September 15, 2011, 06:37:21 AM »
When my sister was born we were in the process of moving.  The consulate was about to close for Christmas, and in order for the baby (and mom) to be able to come with us, she had to have her passport photo submitted by Dec. 14th or 15th.  She was born the 14th.  Almost the first thing after she was born was taking a passport photo (still in the hospital).  She had the passport in time to come with us in January (I think it arrived before Christmas).  Each of us (my sisters) traveled extensively in the first few months of life (and continue to do so).

huh, what this got to do with Phil?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #556 on: September 15, 2011, 08:39:25 AM »

huh, what this got to do with Phil?

It refers back to the earlier message where Phil was advocating that everyone should get a passport at a young age and travel the world.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #557 on: September 19, 2011, 10:21:26 AM »
UPCOMING GUESTS ON "THE TALK" ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK
Monday through Friday (2:00-3:00 PM, ET; 1:00-2:00 PM, PT)

Friday, September 23 Actress Jane Kaczmarek; TV host Phil Keoghan (CBS's "The Amazing Race"); Molly Shannon and Kris Jenner guest co-host (n)

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #558 on: September 19, 2011, 01:36:29 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #559 on: September 22, 2011, 02:29:48 PM »
Phil on KCAL today...
http://newscommand.com/articles/los_angeles/news/Phil_Keoghan_Shares_Secrets_Behind_The_New_Season_Of_Amazing_Race_.html

Don't let the URL scare you - no secrets or spoilers were actually shared.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #560 on: September 23, 2011, 08:40:26 AM »
:bump

It is today!!

UPCOMING GUESTS ON "THE TALK" ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK
Monday through Friday (2:00-3:00 PM, ET; 1:00-2:00 PM, PT)

Friday, September 23 Actress Jane Kaczmarek; TV host Phil Keoghan (CBS's "The Amazing Race"); Molly Shannon and Kris Jenner guest co-host (n)

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #561 on: September 23, 2011, 08:51:26 AM »
Phil says:

Back in #NYC up in q few hour to do #TheAmazingRace press, excited to share season 19! Look for real world to influence the start Big Time!

Not sure what that means :duno:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #562 on: September 23, 2011, 09:55:11 AM »
Phil says:

Back in #NYC up in q few hour to do #TheAmazingRace press, excited to share season 19! Look for real world to influence the start Big Time!

Not sure what that means :duno:
probably "The Kindness of Strangers" 
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #563 on: September 23, 2011, 04:40:31 PM »
Phil was on The Talk, CBS's answer to The View, this afternoon. There was nothing of interest to Amazing Race fans whatsoever. I found that surprising with AR19 telecasts starting on Sunday. The one thing that I did find interesting was news that his film The Ride will be airing on Showtime sometime in the future. Phil was the overseer of the "Not So Amazing Race", an obstacle course set up in a nearby parking lot. Julie Chen and Kris Jenner lost to Molly Shannon and Sara Gilbert. I was indeed not so amazed by it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 08:27:04 PM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #564 on: September 23, 2011, 06:23:25 PM »
Me either! Kind of a waste of TAR time. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #565 on: September 23, 2011, 10:51:31 PM »
Marty’s bike shop comes through for ‘Amazing Race’ star in Morris Township MS ride
Posted by Kevin Coughlin on September 23, 2011 ·

The CBS reality show The Amazing Race sends contestants to all sorts of distant places. Apparently, that goes for host Phil Keoghan’s bicycle, too.

Phil is scheduled to pedal 50 miles starting in Morris Township on Saturday, Sept. 24, for the Great New Jersey Country Bike MS ride. But his bike has traveled to parts unknown, according to a spokeswoman.

Phil and Christina are part of something called NOW and Novartis for MS, a women’s cycling team that raises money to fight MS.

The two-day ride is scheduled to depart shortly after 7 a.m. from Advance Realty at 445 South St., across from the Loantaka Brook Reservation. The public is welcome to stop by and meet Phil, Christina and Laura– and to admire Phil’s new wheels.

Full story here:

http://morristowngreen.com/2011/09/23/martys-bike-shop-comes-through-for-amazing-race-star-in-morris-township-ms-ride/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #566 on: September 24, 2011, 12:05:23 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #567 on: October 23, 2011, 01:28:16 PM »
Phil tweet:

He and John at the World Rugby Cup
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #568 on: October 23, 2011, 02:27:55 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #569 on: October 23, 2011, 04:14:12 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #572 on: November 11, 2011, 06:27:28 PM »
Phil was on HSN selling his new luggage.

Check the schedule for more appearances: http://www.hsn.com/program-guide_xh.aspx

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #573 on: November 24, 2011, 02:36:14 AM »
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video/6473611-amazing-race-host-calls-new-ford-focus-1-amazing-car/

'Amazing Race' Host Calls New Ford Focus '1 Amazing Car'
Phil Keoghan talks about a special team concept that will fight MS.

:colors :colors :colors :colors
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 04:57:04 AM by LoveRocked »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #574 on: November 24, 2011, 04:56:29 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cK5-wvA895A?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cK5-wvA895A?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

:colors :colors :colors :colors :colors :colors