Author Topic: Phil in the news ..  (Read 346914 times)

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
Re: Phil in the news ..
« Reply #475 on: December 09, 2010, 08:26:37 PM »
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/12/phil-keoghan-loves-that-girl-power-dominates-the-amazing-race-season-finale.html

"Phil Keoghan loves that girl power dominates 'The Amazing Race' season finale"

It took 17 seasons for women to take over "The Amazing Race" but finally the day is here. There's not just one -- but two -- all-female teams in the running for the $1 million: the calm and collected doctors and best friends, Nat Strand and Kat Chang, and the funny, unrelenting home-shopping TV hosts Brook Roberts and Claire Champlin, who came face-to-face with a watermelon in the first leg.

The third team is the dating duo Jill Haney, 27, and Thomas Wolfard, 30, who have also proved formidable, but the universe seems to be rooting for a female duo to take it all in Los Angeles, where the race ends on Sunday for the first time.

"You can be guaranteed that there’s one thing that comes into play in Los Angeles, right?" host and producer Phil Keoghan said in an interview. "Traffic. I’ll just say that. There’s a challenge that tweaks a few phobias for some of the teams. And there’s a few dramatic turns and twists and you’ll be doing a lot of second-guessing. You think you’ll have it all worked out and then it will turn another way. At the end of the day, the most deserving team wins and that’s the most important thing."

Keoghan, who was speaking from a top-secret location where he is filming the 18th season, said he was as excited about the success of the two all-women teams as viewers have been.

"I’ve really enjoyed watching Nat and Kat and Brook and Claire and the fact that we have these two all-female teams at the end of this race, it’s a wonderful dynamic to have for the final leg of the race," Keoghan said.

Brook, 27, and Claire, 30, of course, became world-famous before the show even premiered when CBS released a promo of Claire getting hit in the face with a watermelon during a challenge in the first leg. Claire wasn't down for nearly as long as you'd think she would be before Brook reminded her "This is 'The Amazing Race'" and the two unstoppable women were off.

"Not in a million years did we ever think that was going to happen," Keoghan said.  "We test all of these challenges over and over and how she actually managed to have that watermelon come back into her face, I’m still baffled about the science behind how that all happened. How do you force something going one way and then miraculously turn it around to come right back? I have to be honest with you, I had no idea how impactful that was until I saw the footage when we got back. I had no idea how powerful that blow was. And the fact that they pulled themselves together and stuck to it and they're very, very, very determined."

Nat, 31, and Kat, 35, have impressed viewers with their unflappable natures. While some partners have been abusive toward their teammates -- Chad Waltrip and Nick DeCarlo, we're looking at you -- these two women have behaved admirably toward each other every step of the way.

"My daughters enjoyed watching them," Keoghan said. "They’re two very strong women, obviously very smart. To me, the best thing about 'The Amazing Race' has always been about being able to watch relationships that are strong, functional, and that actually are inspirational. "Of course, we’ve seen the other side of that. We’ve seen all kinds of relationships over the years that for some reason haven’t worked. When there’s a great connection, if you remember when the cowboys were on, or you think about the connection between Nat and Kat, when you see that kind of connection and how they operate under pressure, and we’re able to capture that with a camera and share that with an audience, I think that’s pretty cool."
After 17 seasons, Keoghan has developed an interesting theory about same-sex teams and why they tend to communicate better during the race. This season, viewers have noted on message boards and Twitter that the men have not treated the women in their lives well, especially Nick who berated his girlfriend, Vicki Casciola, mocked her, and eventually stopped helping her finish a challenge.

"It’s almost like a mid-football game mentality where some of the guys are playing a game of football with their guy friends and they forget that they’re actually out there with their girlfriends or wives or partners," he said. "They start yelling and screaming like they’re in the middle of a game. It’s always surprising to me.

"It always reminds me of the book 'Men are From Mars, Women From Venus' which outlines exactly the difference between men and women," he continued. "And I think male/female teams have more of a challenge on 'Race' than same-sex teams just because of that fact that when you’re communicating and trying to work together under pressure, men and women just are wired different. I'm into equal rights and everything, but at the end of the day, men and women are just different and the way that two men will talk to each other when they’re competing as opposed to, say, the way two women talk to each other, it’s so uniquely different."

Participants of the show, including Nick, often say in exit interviews that competing in the race changed their perspective on themselves and their relationships. Keoghan, who keeps in touch with many of the teams, says he believes whole-heartedly that the show provides "a life-changing experience."

"I’ve given up trying to work out what makes relationships work," Keoghan said. "I’ve looked at some relationships and I have no idea how the hell that relationship works, but it does. And it’s easy for all of us to stand from the outside, and pass judgment on why a relationship is flawed and you can’t believe why this couple is together or whatever.

"I admire all of them for putting themselves under a microscope for the period of time that they’re out there and knowing that we’re all standing back and looking at them under a microscope -- we’re looking at every move, everything they say, everything they do," he added. "Every physical gesture. They’re basically there for our entertainment for a period of time. But just as we’re watching it and passing judgment, they’re also pushing themselves and reacting in ways they never have before. Sometimes they do have that 'Oh man, I really need to do something about this behavior.'  So I think it is actually a therapeutic experience for some people when they come on the show."

-- Maria Elena Fernandez
twitter.com/writerchica
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #476 on: December 17, 2010, 05:14:35 PM »
Plane crazy

For host Phil Keoghan, The Amazing Race is all about the journey, writes Dianne Butler

PHIL Keoghan's suggestion to host the Australian version of The Amazing Race? Chopper Read. "I reckon Chopper Read would be awesome. The Amazing Race: HTFU.*"

It's almost 100 per cent likely he's joking. Anyway, as it turns out Grant Bowler, hot off the back of a spell as a handsome yet psychotically violent werewolf on True Blood, has the job. Filming began in Melbourne last month and Australia - and Keoghan - has been deprived of what would've definitely been an amazing race.

There's an old joke about the amazing race ... the punchline is white people. I don't bring it up during the interview with Keoghan but after 17 seasons on the show, he's probably already heard it.

Keoghan's life is practically an episode of the show he works on. After nearly dying when he was 19 and working as a scuba diver on a TV show in New Zealand, he made a vow to change the way he was living.

He wrote about the ordeal in his book No Opportunity Wasted: "I found myself deep in the bowels of a sunken ship. I had entered the ship with a dive buddy and followed him through the twisted, murky corridors. The ship was on its starboard side in about 120 feet of water.

"By the time we arrived in the ship's ballroom, where we were meant to film, we discovered the rest of the crew had somehow taken a different turn. My buddy signaled for me to stay put and then took off. So there I was in the dark, sucking air like crazy, completely disoriented, not knowing exactly why I'd been left alone and panicking because I had no idea how to escape.

"I thought about all the things I wished I had done in my life. It made me sad and angry to think I might not ever get to do them. My life was slipping away.

"Next thing I remember was sitting in the sunlight on the deck of the boat. My dive buddy had returned to get me. I was alive and I decided right there and then that I would live life to the fullest. It was the first time I really stopped to think what dying could mean. I grabbed a pen and paper and wrote down all the things I had to do in life: hand-feed sharks, travel the world, climb Mt Everest, go into space.

"That near-drowning was my wake-up call. Since then I have gone on to do things I had never dreamed of."

Indeed, what most people have never dreamed of: set a world bungy-jumping record, eat dinner on top of a volcano ... while it's erupting ...

So you might think hosting Amazing Race would be starting to pall, but a decade in, Keoghan still seems enthusiastic about it. And it still is an amazing show. Fingers crossed the Australian version measures up.

"I would like to think it will," Keoghan says. "I mean, I hope that it is made at the same level, with the same quality. I think Australians deserve it. They've wanted it for a long time.

"There's no doubting any of the talents of anybody in Australia. Execution of the production and all of that, that'll be all covered. The issue is really going to come down to making sure that they get the right cast. And that Australians care. You know that Australians can be pretty critical when they want to be."

Of course, the prize money in the Australian version might also be substantially less than $1 million dollars as well. Will it have the GST out of it? Keoghan wants to know.

The former Kiwi has been host of Amazing Race right from the start, in 2001. And he's been there to watch it collect the Emmy for outstanding reality series every year since the category was created in 2003. Until this year, when in a genuine upset Top Chef won. (He asks during the interview if I watch Top Chef.)

Keoghan: "The money becomes more of a factor once they are getting to the end and they realise they can actually win." And at the beginning, before they get their head around what they have to do.

"One of the cool things about the show," he says, "even a million dollars couldn't pay for what it is we provide them. Because they're doing things ... when they go to where the Terra Cotta Warriors are and they're running around down in that pit where nobody is allowed to go. They're doing things, even if you had all the money in the world you can't just go in there and say 'hey, I'll pay whatever I have to to get in there to do this particular thing'. It's just not possible."

So how is it possible on Amazing Race?

"Well, it is an incredible collaboration of very talented people."

* Harden The F--- Up

The Amazing Race,
Channel 7, Thursday
7.30pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad-application/plane-crazy/story-fn6cc2jw-1225971006941
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #477 on: December 17, 2010, 05:16:45 PM »
Sides get chummy, set aside reserve

ROB KIDD - Waikato Times

New Chums Beach on the Coromandel Peninsula is a step closer to being preserved after landowners and the Environmental Defence Society met yesterday and agreed to create a public reserve on the land adjoining the beach.

Development of 20 residential lots at the pristine beach – touted as one of the most beautiful in the world – was planned but has faced significant opposition since it was announced in July.

Yesterday's meeting in Auckland established a framework that could see a "private-public conservation partnership" in which the Government would pay for half the cost of creating a public reserve while the landowners would pay the other half.

The society is a not-for-profit environmental advocacy organisation and chairman Gary Taylor, along with landowner John Darby, wrote to the Government to invite its involvement in protecting the beach.

Preserve New Chum for Everyone spokeswoman Linda Cholmondeley-Smith said she was "cautiously optimistic" about the potential deal.

"What's been proposed is very genuine and if the Government comes to the party there'll be a solution and New Chums will be preserved in perpetuity," she said.

Green MP Catherine Delahunty welcomed the move by the developers and the Environmental Defence Society, which would create a trust that would protect the beach.

"The deal, however, relies on the Government playing its part and putting in half the resources," she said.

"When we met with the conservation minister she was non-committal but now she and the prime minister have a concrete opportunity to show leadership and join the effort others have put in to find a lasting solution to the issues."

Mr Taylor said the creation of the reserve was a considerable gift from the landowners and, given the public benefits, he believed the Government should make a matching contribution.

The society established the NZ Coastal Trust – an independent, charitable conservation trust chaired by retired High Court Judge Peter Salmon QC – which will try to make the deal happen.

It could be the initial purchaser of the land, with contributions from both the landowners and the Government, and it could then vest it in the Crown or local government.

Ms Cholmondeley-Smith said while the initial step was a good one, it was important to keep pressure on the Government.

And, although she tempered her enthusiasm, she was excited about the preservation of the area.

"If the land could talk it would be saying thank you," she said.

There will be an event at Matarangi beach on January 3 with international TV presenter Phil Keoghan (from The Amazing Race) to highlight the campaign to protect New Chums.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/news/4472474/Sides-get-chummy-set-aside-reserve
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #478 on: January 03, 2011, 04:28:01 PM »
Great article from NZ Herald

New Chum protesters sit down to be counted
By: Wayne Thompson

5:30 AM Tuesday Jan 4, 2011

Thousands of Coromandel residents and holidaymakers flocked to Matarangi yesterday to be part of a "living beach art" appeal to Prime Minister John Key to save a pristine, world renowned beach from development.

The event drew up to 2000 people to form letters 20m high and 12m wide spelling out "John Key Save Me! New Chum".

Helicopters flew above the display to give aerial views for photographers.

The publicity stunt - in aid of New Chum Beach, near Whangapoua - was staged by New Zealand-born Phil Keoghan, host of American television show The Amazing Race.

Keoghan and his wife, Louise, have a bach in the area and he said it was his 21st summer holidaying on the Coromandel Peninsula.

Keoghan, who was helped by his father John and neighbour Lindsay Arthur, said the event was "an opportunity to express an opinion that I believe that this is one of the best beaches in the world and obviously, from today's mind-blowing turnout, I'm not the only one who feels that".

"I believe New Chum is more valuable to us as a country as a world-renowned iconic beach that is undeveloped, rather than one with a number of properties on it."

Read more here: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/environment/news/article.cfm?c_id=39&objectid=10697762

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #479 on: January 18, 2011, 07:55:09 PM »
Phil Keoghan will speak on “No Opportunity Wasted: Creating the Life You Want,” on Saturday, March 19, from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., during IHRSA’s 30th Anniversary International Convention and Trade Show, March 16-19, in San Francisco. His keynote presentation is generously sponsored by SPRI Products, Inc.

See the article here:
http://www.ihrsa.org/home/2011/1/18/creating-the-life-you-want-the-amazing-races-phil-keoghan-su.html

Lots of info on The Ride...and hmmmm....Phil in the Tour de France??

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #480 on: January 26, 2011, 03:58:47 PM »
Phil Keoghan in Denver Feb. 7

By Joanne Ostrow

Phil Keoghan, host of “The Amazing Race,” will be in town Feb. 7 as part of a 10-city CBS affiliate tour. He’s promoting the season premiere of “Race” (which begins Feb. 20) as well as a screening of his own film, “The Ride.” He rode through these parts in 2009 on his way from LA to NY, a 42-day jaunt.
Screenings are being sponsored by local Regal Theaters with ticket sales benefitting the National MS Society. His cross-country trip already raised half a million dollars for the MS Society.
Meet Phil at the Pavilions 15, 500 16th Street on Feb. 7. “The Ride” is screening at 7:30 p.m.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/ostrow/2011/01/26/phil-keoghan-in-denver-feb-7/4608/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #481 on: February 09, 2011, 09:12:24 PM »

WCCO-TV’s Natalie Kane Talks With Phil Keoghan:

And a nice article here:
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/02/09/movie-blog-amazing-race-host-talks-biking-doc/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #482 on: February 09, 2011, 09:17:36 PM »
With Gary and Mallory in St Louis for the the screening of The Ride ... So good to catch up!
posted by @PhilKeoghan twitter

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #483 on: February 10, 2011, 04:43:17 PM »
Great interview with Phil on KMOV. Also a clip of the start line for the upcoming season is briefly shown.. Has anyone seen this yet? If you can make out what he says, it could be spoilerific..

http://www.kmov.com/great-day-st-louis/Phil-Keoghan-from-The-Amazing-Race--115737494.html?clmob=y

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #484 on: February 10, 2011, 05:27:17 PM »
Pretty funny interview!!!
Matthew 7:15

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #485 on: February 11, 2011, 05:11:21 AM »
Pretty funny interview!!!

I loved this interview.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #486 on: February 15, 2011, 05:43:44 PM »
Really good Phil audio interview here by Boston's 98.5 The Sports Hub withToucher and Rich.

Anyone applying for TAR should take a listen.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #487 on: February 16, 2011, 03:10:53 AM »
Just watched an Air New Zealand featuring Phil!!! 

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #488 on: February 16, 2011, 06:05:47 PM »
'The Amazing Race' stopping in Switzerland, India for first-ever HD edition

By Derrik J. Lang (CP) – 6 hours ago

LOS ANGELES, Calif. — "The Amazing Race" host Phil Keoghan is glad he'll never be asked this question ever again: Why isn't the race broadcast in high definition?

After years of sticking to standard definition, CBS' around-the-world competition expands to HD for the first time Sunday with an "Unfinished Business" edition starring former contestants.

"For a long time, people have said to me that they couldn't believe we weren't in HD," said Keoghan. "For me, it was just very frustrating because I didn't disagree with them. I think if there's any show on prime-time network television that lends itself to HD, it's 'The Amazing Race.' It screams for HD, and it's been screaming for HD for a long time."

Several other reality TV shows have been broadcast in HD for years. (CBS' "Survivor" upgraded to HD in 2009.) After years of blaming the expense and challenge of using HD equipment on the road, "Amazing Race" producers made the change for the 18th season, promising crisp images of racers climbing a glacier in Switzerland and interacting with animals in China.

The switcheroo is striking in the premiere episode when 11 teams of veteran contestants who have never won the show's $1 million grand prize set off from a wind farm in Palm Springs, Calif., for sunny Sydney, Australia, where the challenges include diving into a murky shark tank and navigating a 16-foot skiff along the glistening Manly Cove.

"Visually, it will be a much richer show," promised executive producer Bertram van Munster. "We're glad that CBS gave us the greenlight to do this in HD. We didn't do so bad in the regular format. We won the Emmy for best reality television cinematography, but now we can go a little further with our new modern technology on those big beautiful flatscreens."

The move to HD didn't dictate this season's course, said van Munster, which includes stops in Yokohama, Japan; Lijiang and Kunming, China; Kolkata and Varanasi, India; Vienna, Austria; Zermatt, Switzerland; and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. For the first time, the race will visit Liechtenstein, where teams were tasked with measuring the landlocked country on mo-peds.

"I think one of the great aspects of this race is all the stark contrasts," said Keoghan. "For example, going from Varanasi to Zermatt, you've got this hot, colorful place in Asia then a very cold, snowy place in Europe. The teams that were racing through those countries were able to see the extreme differences, and we're able to show that off in HD."

Several game-changing twists return for the "Unfinished Business" edition. In the premiere, Keoghan informs the players that the last team to arrive on the mat will automatically face a U-turn, forcing the duo to perform both Detour challenges, while first-place finishers will receive the Express Pass, allowing a team to skip one task during the race.

On the first leg, alliances form when friends Justin Kanew and Zev Glassenberg give up a clue to struggling Nathaniel "Big Easy" Lofton and Herbert "Flight Time" Lang, the Harlem Globetrotters who competed with them on the 15th season, but Kanew dismisses 14th season vets Margie and Luke Adams, and Jaime Edmondson and Cara Rosenthal when they ask for help.

"We're very aware that five of these teams know each other from competing on the same season," said Kanew during an interview before the race began last November. "Zev and I have definitely talked about it. There might be a natural alliance with them, especially in the beginning before we get to know them. Luckily, none of those teams scare us."

Other racers from the 14th edition include sisters LaKisha and Jen Hoffman, engaged couple Amanda Blackledge and Kris Klicka, and father and son Mel and Mike White. Dating couple Kent Kaliber and Vyxsin Fiala and father and daughter Ron and Christina Hsu hail from the 12th season, while cowboy brothers Jet and Cord McCoy are the only team from the 16th season.

Gary and Mallory Erwin skipped their season finale party in New York to be able to run "The Amazing Race" back to back. The father and daughter duo from the 17th installment only had a few months of downtime before heading back around the globe. Mallory joked before the race began last year that she and her father "still had our bags packed."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5ieMgZlDS7SalVQkNTUouOf1MLpAw?docId=5971287

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #489 on: February 17, 2011, 09:17:54 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #490 on: February 20, 2011, 03:22:05 AM »
http://www.goldderby.com/television/news/1163/can-losing-contestants-win-the-amazing-race-an-eighth-emmy.html

Can losing contestants win 'The Amazing Race' an eighth Emmy?

Last year, the seven-year winning streak of "The Amazing Race" at the Emmy Awards was halted when "Top Chef" won Best Reality Competition Series. That this CBS staple lost was a surprise in itself but that it was not beaten by ratings powerhouse "American Idol" came as the real shocker.  That hugely popular talent show had never won this award but was thought to have its strongest entry ever with the season finale that included a surprisingly touching tribute to departing judge Simon Cowell.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #491 on: February 20, 2011, 03:44:28 AM »
`Amazing Race' 18 goes high and wide

Phil Keoghan will need a much bigger hair and makeup trailer now that "The Amazing Race" is finally, for its 18th edition, in high definition.
Suggest that possibility to Keoghan, and you'll get the famous raised eyebrow. (It's the left. The right goes nowhere.)

In 18 runs around the world for "The Amazing Race," Keoghan has curled up at the Pyramids in Egypt and shampooed his hair beside a road in China. Between "Race" seasons, he bicycled from Los Angeles to New York, picking up a load of gravel in his hip and face in a scary fall. As a man who wastes no opportunity for adventure, he isn't inclined to think too much about whether his nose is shiny.

While teams race for $1 million, Keoghan races to keep one step ahead and arrive on the mat before they do. Last winter, he spent 23 days on the road with contestants he already knew, as 11 teams who didn't win the first time returned to settle what's being called "Unfinished Business."
"Going out with a new cast is always a gamble," Keoghan said during a recent visit to St. Louis. "You worry they'll turn out to be wishy-washy."

With returning teams, "We had more of a guarantee, because these people had a proven track record. But rather than all-star teams, it's more like they have all-star stories — the unfortunate pee break, the lost passport, the bad taxi driver."
Oh, the bad taxi driver.
"Taxis!" Keoghan says. "They've been hands-down the biggest obstacle teams have faced in the race."

Eliminating a team is always tough, he says, "but this time maybe it was even harder because I knew them better. The first elimination is always the hardest, because nobody wants to be first to go."
The big news for the new season is that "The Amazing Race" is now in high-def.
"HD is a dramatic change," Keoghan says. "And I really think it's come at the right time, giving us something new to talk about, something to sell the show around after 17 seasons."
Possibly TV's most HD-worthy show, "The Amazing Race" has been criticized for remaining in standard definition.

"But that was because of the difficulty of producing a show like this," Keoghan says. "It's not the same as being in a studio. We're shooting in humidity, in rain, in dust storms. What if you're in Bangladesh and the camera goes down?"

The good news is that "we found a way to execute in HD, and the show looks sensational." A change to widescreen format also allows space for more information on screen, without blocking too much scenery, while Keoghan talks about where the teams are or what they're doing.
But remember, before you ask how he keeps busy when the teams are running around, that "95 percent of what I do is behind the scenes — rewriting the script, dealing with logistics, setting up my shots. It's just me, a sound guy and a cameraman, so it's hard."

This season, Keoghan shot a lot of behind-the-scenes footage for segments to air online.
"Viewers are really savvy, and they want to know the process," he says. "The behind-the-scenes segments will give fans a sense of what it takes to make the show and what the teams are doing when you're not seeing them."

Some things never change, though, and that includes teams' struggles to read maps and drive stick-shift foreign cars.

Surely, by now, the "Unfinished Business" teams learned to drive a stick?

"Some people," Keoghan says, "I don't think will ever learn to drive a stick shift."

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/television/gail-pennington/article_2fd325d1-9c98-5755-9d6e-fa0dd0d8b80f.html

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #492 on: February 21, 2011, 12:44:59 AM »
I;m mentioning this here because it's about Phil, but if you look at the end credits very carefully, You'll find that Phil has been given a promotion.
He's now listed as host "hosted by" and as "Supervising Producer." IIRC, he hasn;t had that particular title before,

I wonder if the Race stays on the air long enough, whether he'll also have an "Executive Producer" credit in his future.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #493 on: February 21, 2011, 06:10:51 AM »
I think he has been listed as a producer but will have to be recheck to be sure... but not supervising if IIRC...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #494 on: February 21, 2011, 05:23:50 PM »
THE LATE LATE SHOW with CRAIG FERGUSON
Friday, February 25
Melissa Leo
Phil Keoghan
http://www.cbs.com/late_night/late_late_show/show_info/this_weeks_guests.php

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #495 on: February 22, 2011, 12:21:52 AM »
Phil Keoghan
 Very serious situation in Christchurch after another major earthquake, just found out my parents are safe but damage in the CBD extreme

65+ are dead
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4688231/65-dead-in-devastating-Christchurch-quake

Love and prayers to everyone!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #496 on: February 22, 2011, 06:19:32 AM »
Phil Keoghan
 Very serious situation in Christchurch after another major earthquake, just found out my parents are safe but damage in the CBD extreme

65+ are dead
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4688231/65-dead-in-devastating-Christchurch-quake

Love and prayers to everyone!

Thinking of everyone in NZ right now.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #497 on: February 23, 2011, 10:33:48 AM »
UPCOMING GUESTS ON "THE LATE LATE SHOW with CRAIG FERGUSON" ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK
(Monday through Friday, 12:37-1:37 AM, ET/PT,

Following Broadcasts of the "Late Show with David Letterman")

*Friday, Feb. 25                    Actress Melissa Leo; host Phil Keoghan from the CBS reality

Series, "The Amazing Race" (n)

I will try to find a streaming live video for this!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #498 on: February 24, 2011, 10:11:52 PM »
Phil tweeted:

After a lot of thought Im heading 2 ChCh NZ I want to share a more personal side of whats happening look for story next week on Early Show.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #499 on: February 25, 2011, 09:10:08 PM »
Phil on what he does, where he wants to go...and is he ever glad to see anyone go?? :lol:

http://www.people.com/people/videos/0,,20468969,00.html
RFF's Golden Rule: