Author Topic: Phil in the news ..  (Read 347071 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Phil in the news ..
« Reply #325 on: March 19, 2009, 02:34:30 PM »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #326 on: March 20, 2009, 02:38:37 PM »

Maybe we need a Ride Across America topic?
Sure if you want to wp but I don't feel like moving all we have on the Ride Across America news over  :lol:

Bonnie Hunt gave Phil a shout out today and imposed his head onto someones? body   :funny:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #327 on: March 23, 2009, 02:46:34 PM »
Phil has twittered a few times about his ear drum...

# Ear is not good, it is perforated the doctor said, no exercise ... I said, ah ... well I'm biking across America next week, he just laughed.6:17 PM Mar 18th from web

Doesn't a perforated ear drum stop you from flying?  :groan: Could this delay TAR 15?  :groan:
How long does an eardrum take to heal?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #328 on: March 23, 2009, 02:59:52 PM »
Well, flying is not good for it.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #329 on: May 11, 2009, 03:54:30 PM »
May 8, 2009, 12:53 pm

A Q&A With Amazing Race Host Phil Keoghan
By Linda Jines
Photo: Monty BrintonPhil Keoghan
New Zealand native Phil Keoghan is best known as the host of CBS’s reality show The Amazing Race, each episode ending with Phil at some exotic international finish line, solemnly informing each team where it has placed in the day’s contest.

Phil himself has a thirst for travel and adventure: he broke a world record for bungee-jumping, wrote a book encouraging readers to live every day as though it’s their last, and renewed his wedding vows underwater while hand-feeding sharks.

The following interview took place two days before the end of his 40-day, 3,500-mile bicycle trip across the U.S. to raise money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. He had already ridden 50 miles that morning and had 50 more to go; but he was kind enough to squeeze in a few questions.

In a word, the final episode of this season’s The Amazing Race is:

Frantic.

The Amazing Race teams logged 40,000 miles this season — who gets all those frequent-flier miles?

(Laughs.) Not them. But many of the miles we do are on airlines that you’ve never heard of, and on airlines you never want to fly again, and on airlines that are using old airlines’ planes that have gone out of business.

Do you ever get “player envy,” where you just want to leap off the mat screaming, “Move over, you idiots, and let Daddy show you how it’s done”?

Absolutely not. I’ve spent my entire career doing ridiculous, crazy, wild things, and at this point in my career I’m very happy to watch ordinary people doing extraordinary things. I get a big kick out of it.

What one characteristic do all successful racers have in common?

I would say curiosity, and respect.

How do you think the game would change if Race upped the prize from $1 million to $5 million?

I don’t think it would change it all. I think at the end of the day, people aren’t racing as much for the money as they are for the opportunity, and the opportunity is worth more than $1 million. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that even with the $1 million — or $10 million dollars — you could not buy.

Do you think the H1N1 Swine flu virus will have any impact on next season’s race?

It could. Do I think it will affect what we want to do? No. We’re very aware of challenges that are faced by travelers, and we always have been; we’ve had to make changes because of political situations and medical situations, and so I think we can take measures to be able to deal with anything.

Let me turn the tables a bit and ask you three questions straight from The Amazing Race contestant application:

What famous person most reminds you of yourself?

Oh, boy. Well, let’s put it this way: the famous person that I wish I was most like would be Clint Eastwood. He doesn’t remind me of myself; I guess I would just like to emulate him in some way. I have tremendous respect for his abilities as a director, producer, actor, writer … I think he is amazing.

What most scares you about traveling?

I don’t really get scared by travel. I guess getting sick — becoming incapacitated and not being able to enjoy the experience.

What is your primary motivation for being on The Amazing Race?

Curiosity. New experiences. Testing my limits. Facing new fears. Getting outside my comfort zone. Meeting new people. Trying new things. To me, it’s all about exploration, and if I had been born a few hundred years ago, I would have really aspired to being some kind of explorer.

In my dream version of Amazing Race, who would win: Mother Teresa, the Dalai Lama, Eleanor Roosevelt, or Dr. Phil?

(Sings) One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is not the same. I’m gonna say Phil would probably have the ability to manipulate the relationships so that he’d convince them it was a good idea to let him win. He’d tell the Dalai Lama to just chill, and I think the Dalai Lama would just take a backseat and be so Zen … Mother Teresa’s only motivation for winning would be to give the money away, anyway, and she’d probably get sidetracked along the way wanting to look after somebody. I’m going to say Dr. Phil.

Now that you’ve been on the road biking for 39 straight days, what’s worse — the loneliness or the chafing?

I’m not lonely because I’ve got my dad with me. But chafing, let me tell you … The first time I tried [bikers’ anti-chafing butter], I was quite tentative — I sort of dabbled with one finger. But after I realized the benefits of stopping the chafing around the nether regions and everything that we’re all blessed with down under, I now use a four-finger application. I dip right into the bucket, and I shamelessly apply it.

You took a horrible fall from your bike on Day 32 on some railroad tracks in Ohio. On this trip, have you ever thought for as much as one nanosecond, “Enough already with this bike-riding bull crap”?

Well, not in those terms. But there was a day when I got really sick [from dehydration] and I ended up in the hospital. I got out of [the hospital] about 1:00 in the morning, and I had to get up and ride the next day.

I rode myself better and got stronger and stronger, but one of the things that kept me going was I met a man [with MS] — Michael — and he had got out of bed for the first time in six months to come and see me, and he could barely stand up. That was a huge motivator, because no matter how bad any of us think we have it, there are people who show tremendous, incredible physical and mental strength. I kept thinking about how hard it was for him just to throw his legs out of the bed, just to get out of the bed.

I really wanted to test myself on this ride, and I definitely went to a place mentally and physically that I had never been to before.

So far you’ve raised about $100 per mile for MS during your ride. How do you feel about the ride, quantifying it in those terms?

There’s no way to put a figure on the media value of what we’ve done. So while we’ve raised a tremendous amount of money — I believe we’ll get to $400,000 by the time we get to New York — I don’t know how you could measure the hundreds of stories and radio interviews and TV interviews and good will and awareness that have come from this.

Where was your best hamburger?

At Kewpie’s, in Lima, Ohio.

Here are a few quick questions that we ask many famous people we interview:

Paper or plastic?

Paper.

London or Paris?

That’s tough; I love ‘em both. I’m gonna say London.

Better Morrissey song title: “Someone Is Squeezing My Skull” or “I Have Forgiven Jesus”?

(Reluctantly) “Someone Is Squeezing My Skull.”

And my final question: As someone who’s traveled professionally for over 20 years and who’s been to 100 countries, what is your favorite place on earth?

Anywhere where I’m with people I love.

http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/08/a-qa-with-amazing-race-host-phil-keoghan/?pagemode=print

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #330 on: June 08, 2009, 03:37:45 PM »
Race' geography lesson in the US
Home » Entertainment » Television
Tue, 9 Jun 2009
Television

The Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan. Photo by NZPA. Host of The Amazing Race, New Zealander Phil Keoghan might have nailed a real American accent - he had to, to get his job - but he certainly has not become a Yank.
"The average American doesn't have the geographical knowledge the average New Zealander has," the 42-year-old says from his home in Santa Monica.

"We're isolated so we look outwards a lot and understand we are a small country and don't see ourselves as the centre of the world.

"In America, there are a lot of people who simply don't learn basic geography.

They wouldn't know where Great Britain is or Italy - actually, they probably know Italy, but only because it looks like a boot."

Keoghan's show, a prime-time reality programme in the United States where teams of two compete in a race around the world, has done its bit to help change that over 15 seasons.

"For them to be able to see Muslim people showing kindness to strangers is the only time they see other cultures.

Really, some Americans have a conception that everyone in a turban is a terrorist."

Keoghan also boasts that The Amazing Race has had an amazing diversity of people take part.

Racers have included openly gay couples, a deaf boy, a small person and a lesbian priest.

"We have people with bung knees and pot bellies, ordinary people like the people we know in our own lives."

Keoghan had to learn to put on an American accent to get the Amazing Race role, he says, because network television audiences are so huge in the US.

The show is regularly watched by more than 10 million people so programmers will not risk putting someone on screen who might turn viewers off or be hard to understand.

That attitude is changing somewhat - American Idol judge Simon Cowell is on screen with an English accent - but Keoghan says on prime time television the competition is fierce.

No-one can say Keoghan doesn't do his bit as an unofficial New Zealand ambassador.

He has brought the show to New Zealand three times, most recently including his father in the programme.

There are lots of New Zealand references in Keoghan's conversation: his speech to his old school of St Andrews, conversations with the Canterbury Tourism Board about promoting his home province, his 12 trips home last year.

"Part of it is that people have contacted me, but part of it is my genuine love of the country."

The Amazing Race only makes up about a quarter of his work, which includes speaking engagements and promoting his book, No Opportunity Wasted.

He estimates he flew 650,000km last year.

He is talking to various New Zealand companies about marketing opportunities and how he could help promote their products overseas.

Keoghan seems to have a never-ending amount of energy and determination.

"I'm stubborn when I believe in something", he says.

"I just persevere." - Deborah Hillcone

http://www.odt.co.nz/entertainment/television/60300/race039-geography-lesson-us
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #331 on: June 11, 2009, 12:22:18 AM »

Title: Chat with Phil Keoghan of 'The Amazing Race'

Date: Thursday June 11, 2009
Time: 4:00PM PDT

Talk about amazing! For the past six years, "The Amazing Race" has zoomed past top-rated "American Idol" to win the Emmy for best reality/competition show. How does it stay ahead? Those are among the questions we'll ask when chatting live with host Phil Keoghan on Thursday at 4 p.m. PT, 7 p.m. ET. Join us and ask Keoghan what you want!

Posted by tomoneil on June 10, 2009

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8341c2c4f53ef011570f18551970b

NoluckBoston

« Reply #332 on: June 11, 2009, 09:33:50 AM »
The link did not work for me, so here is one more

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/06/live-chat-with-the-amazing-races-phil-keoghan.html

What a bad photo of phil  :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #333 on: June 11, 2009, 12:00:28 PM »
GMTA!

One more link: (just in case :lol:)

http://actualentertainmentdot.com/?p=7714
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #334 on: June 11, 2009, 06:09:06 PM »
Phils chat

3:58 PatrickDay:  Welcome, Phil! The last season just ended for the TV viewers. When do you start filming the next one?  

3:58 [Comment From iskolar]
Hey Phil! Good morning from the Philippines!  

4:00 [Comment From Alfredo]
Phil, greetings from Chile  

4:01 [Comment From Ken]
Will there be another All-Star edition of TAR?

4:02 [Comment From Phil Keoghan]
Hey - my computer - froze - i am back up - this is Phil keoghan  

4:02 [Comment From Aura]
Hi Phil  

4:02 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
Phil, did you have any idea how big the turn out for the show will be? It's definitely rockin the world!  

4:02 [Comment From Nevada]
I'm still suffering withdrawal symptoms from not having TAR to watch on Sunday nights...  

4:03 [Comment From Ken]
We TAR fans would love to see a reunion show after the season finale (like Survivor has). Why doesn't TAR have a reunion show?  

4:04 Phil Keoghan:  Hi Tom - how are you doing? shall we get started  

4:04 [Comment From george]
why haven't past seasons been released on DVD?  
4:04 Tom O'Neil:  yes, let's get started. Let's begin with Patrick's question above

4:04 [Comment From Donna]
Where exactly did your daughter bungie jump. Great b-day present to you. :)  

4:04 Tom O'Neil:  Patrick just asked: Phil! The last season just ended for the TV viewers. When do you start filming the next one
4:05 Phil Keoghan:  Great to see so many familiar fans here...we're shooting this summer and goes to air this fall  

4:05 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
Phil, did you have any idea how big the turn out for the show will be? It's definitely rockin the world!  

4:05 Tom O'Neil:  Considering your marathon success at the Emmys in the race for best reality/competition show, are you at all worried that Simon Cowell has a hit out on you?  

4:06 Phil Keoghan:  My daughter bungee jumped San Gabriel Mts off the bridge to Nowhere  

4:06 Phil Keoghan:  I hope simon doesn't have a hit on me - that guy is scary when he's angry. If he does I hope it's quick

4:06 [Comment From Alfredo]
I want to ask Phil what made season 7 so successful in terms of viewers (the most watched season)  

4:07 [Comment From Nevada]
Phil, are you still bicycling across the U.S.?  

4:07 Tom O'Neil:  Hey, Phil, dive into some of these questions from other folks here. Pick the ones you like  

4:07 Phil Keoghan:  Back from the bike ride and no more saddle sores. Great time on the road, $500,000 raised for MS  

4:07 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
Six consecutive Emmy wins, I think that's a record for any show. That's definitely something to brag about! Any thoughts why the Emmys love your show so much?  

4:08 [Comment From Andrew]
Why did the Amazing race family season do so poorly?  

4:08 Phil Keoghan:  regarding the reunion show - I would love to see a reunion show and feel like this might be the perfect time to have one. it's something i want to discuss with CBS.  

4:08 [Comment From Nevada]
The logistics of putting together the Race must be mind-boggling...

cont .........
4:09 [Comment From Nevada]
Whoever picks the episode to submit for Emmy consideration this year should send the one with the cheese...  

4:10 Phil Keoghan:  I think we have had a consistent quality show over the years and we continue to keep it fresh because we go to new places. We're constantly pushing ourselves to exceed expectations and i was really proud of the show this last season. the network wanted to freshen it up and give it a new coat of paint. that freed us up to get rid of some of the airport scenes and added new music, etc.  

4:11 Tom O'Neil:  Phil, what episode will you submit this year to Emmy judges?  

4:11 [Comment From Alfredo]
I would like to know why TAR only chose TAR 14 episodes for Emmy consideration  

4:11 Paul Sheehan:  The "24" style split screens really added to the pace of the show for instance.

4:11 Phil Keoghan:  The cheese scene is an all time favorite for me. it was out of control and we knew we were capturing captivating television  

cont ...

4:12 [Comment From Andrew]
yes! the cheese scene  

4:12 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
Do you still have contact with past participants from the show? Have you made any friends with them? :)  

4:12 Phil Keoghan:  Tom - we submitted episode 1 from this season  

4:12 Tom O'Neil:  Why?  

4:12 [Comment From Nevada]
"Watch out for the cheese!" could wind up one of those classic lines...  

4:12 [Comment From Alfredo]
Phil, I thought you had submitted Tailand 1 too  

4:13 Phil Keoghan:  Bungee, Cheese and a fantastic finish  

4:13 [Comment From Monica]
I agree that this season's "new coat of paint" was refreshing. The show had a great new look to it. Also the best cast in awhile. Do you ever think, though, that the casting folks get into a bit of a rut? For instance, I'm tired of all these non-descript dating couples. I seriously can't remember most of them or tell them apart.  

4:13 Tom O'Neil:  nice recipe  

4:13 [Comment From Andrew]
agreed  

4:13 PatrickDay:  When a team arrives at your spot and has incurred a penalty, the editing makes it seem like they have to stand in awkward silence near you until their penalty time is up. Do you make small talk at all with them or are they really made to feel that they're in trouble?  

4:13 Phil Keoghan:  we did actually include the Thailand episode as well  

4:13 [Comment From Nevada]
Tammy & Victor deserved their win.  

4:13 [Comment From MARKPGH]
That episode had me howling, Phil...seeing everyone's cheese rolling down the hill  

4:13 Paul Sheehan:  The signing to Luke of his first place finish in that initial episode was so moving.  

4:14 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
Do you still have contact with past participants from the show? Have you made any friends with them? :)  

4:14 [Comment From Alfredo]
I agree, Phil signing has been one of the most memorable moments on the show  

4:14 [Comment From Aura]
yeah Tammy and Victor were good kids  

4:14 Phil Keoghan:  Yes i talk to them. I do on the fly interviews that can be used for the show  

4:14 [Comment From Nevada]
"Bad duck" was also a classic from this season...  

4:15 [Comment From Andrew]
yeah do you ever talk to people who recieve penalties or do you just watch them stand there  

4:15 [Comment From Tom (Vermont)]
Hi Phil, Is there another "Family Race" planned for the near future?  

4:15 [Comment From Lisa]
Living in Los Angeles, the Race often starts here. I would love to be at the start of the race to cheer the teams on, is this something that might ever happen? Race fans would love to be there!  

4:15 [Comment From Julie]
I read the book "My Ox is Broken"  

4:16 [Comment From Donna]
During the cheese task, were the wooden carriers for the cheese fixed to break that easily for dramatic effect or were they actual carriers?  

4:16 [Comment From Julie]
Why can't I buy season 3 on DVD  

4:16 Phil Keoghan:  The idea to sign was something i thought of doing on the flight over to Switzerland. with all the craziness before leaving i hadn't had time to think about what it was going to be like to communicate with Luke on the mat and i thought it was important to connect with him in a manner that he was used to  

cont ........

4:16 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
Oh, let me tell you that you're one of the biggest snubs last year for Reality Competition Host. I hope you get noticed this year!  

4:16 [Comment From Aura]
Phil, what did you think about the bathroom break incident?  

4:17 [Comment From Nevada]
Did Jen (I think it was Jen) actually eat part of the starfish "shell"?  

4:17 Tom O'Neil:  Repeating Patrick's question that flew by earlier amidst other comments:
PatrickDay:  When a team arrives at your spot and has incurred a penalty, the editing makes it seem like they have to stand in awkward silence near you until their penalty time is up. Do you make small talk at all with them or are they really made to feel that they're in trouble?  

4:17 Phil Keoghan:  Yes, agree would love to see all season of Race on DVD...put pressure on CBS.  

4:17 PatrickDay:  Oh, Phil already answered that one.  

4:18 [Comment From Comment from Judith]
Would you ever consider doing a celebrities only TAR (like Donald Trump does with his show)....????? And the winnings go to charity...  

4:18 [Comment From MARKPGH]
Losing a chance at a million bucks because that girl had to pee...if she were my sister, i would have disowned here..LOL  

4:18 Tom O'Neil:  OK, never mind...  

4:18 [Comment From Nevada]
Hmm. Good idea. I have a little experience pressuring CBS; I was a Jericho fan.  

4:18 [Comment From Tom (Vermont)]

4:18 Tom O'Neil:  I'm on such a slow wireless hookup that this chat is acting weird  

4:19 PatrickDay:  What are some countries you'd love to race through, but haven't been able to visit?  

4:19 Phil Keoghan:  Not sure about a celebrity edition. Not sure if a lot of celebrities could handle it. can you imagine what Donald's hair would look like after a hot day on a Botswanna salt flat  

4:19 [Comment From Alfredo]
I would like to ask Phil what made Season 7 the most succesuful in terms of viewers (one of my favorite seasons)  

4:20 Tom O'Neil:  ohhhh, that's SCARY  

4:20 [Comment From MARKPGH]
Phil, are the vehicles that the contestants used ever checked out before they are given to them?? It seems like in almost every other episode, one of the cars break down  

4:20 Paul Sheehan:  Were you taken back by that confrontation on the mat between Margie and Luke and the sisters Kisha and Jen?  

4:20 Phil Keoghan:  I have been to over 100 countries...i feel like we're getting to all the places we want to go and we have some great ones lined up for season 15  

4:20 [Comment From Donna]
OMG! Re: Trump's hair. Bwahhh. I almost busted a gut. That was so funny.

4:21 [Comment From Tom (Vermont)]
Sorry to keep asking, but . . . Hi Phil, Is there another "Family Race" planned for the near future?  

cont ...

4:21 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
I hope you can come back to the Philippines for the third time. :)  

4:21 [Comment From Judith]
The family show did not hold my interest....  

4:22 Phil Keoghan:  yes, all vehicles are checked and we have spares. that said the way the teams drive them sometimes it amazes me that we don't actually have more breakdowns. I think it should be mandatory that you have to drive a stick to get a license  

4:22 [Comment From Aura]
Phil, did they ever think about doing one entirely in the US?  

4:22 Phil Keoghan:  No family amazing race planned - we tried it and it's not as good as the original  

4:23 [Comment From Nevada]
There does seem to be quite a bit of gear-grinding when they drive sticks...  

4:23 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
Hey Phil, are you aware that there's an Amazing Race: Asia? Have you seen an episode of it?  

4:23 [Comment From Tom (Vermont)]
Ok. Just wondering. Thank you. I enjoyed the last family race though.  +

4:23 Phil Keoghan:  lots of favorites among former Racers - nancy and emily, the guidos, uchenna and joyce, chip and kim, charla and mirna, luke and margie...simply too many to name.  

4:24 [Comment From bert]
do you think man will ever walk on the surface of the sun?  

4:24 [Comment From MARKPGH]
even i can't drive a stick, Phil, so i would be screwed...lol  

4:24 [Comment From Alfredo]
Phil, are you planning on casting more athletic team s like you did on season 14  

4:24 Phil Keoghan:  Bert the sun is too hot  

4:24 PatrickDay:  My wife and I were about to leave for an international trip this April. Our flight went out late on a Sunday. I had turned the Amazing Race on, but she begged me to turn it off. Said it freaked her out too much before a trip. Do you ever hear that from travellers?  

4:25 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
I love the Guidos too! LOL. And Meredith and Gretchen. And Uchenna and Joyce. Tyler and James. Oh there's a lot.  

4:25 [Comment From Aura]
I'd need to see Joe and Bill from season one on a reunion show. They were so awesomely villainous.  

4:26 Phil Keoghan:  i hear a lot of people say that they like to get all amped up like they are on the Race handing out envelopes to each other, running through the airport and feverishly looking for the Mat  

4:26 [Comment From Mike]
any plans for a behind the scenes special? I would love to see how the whole race is done logistically, and what goes on behind the scenes that we don't normally see.  

cont ...

4:26 PatrickDay:  Yeah, Mike. I'd like to see that, too.  

4:26 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
Hey Phil, are you aware that there's an Amazing Race: Asia? Have you seen an episode of it?  

4:27 [Comment From FrostyWinnipeg]
Hi from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I've been watching TAR since episode 1 and I know that some racers have commented upon how they looked bad with creative editing. My question is: Has the show ever edited you in a way that you did not like. Perhaps a raised eyebrow at the wrong time?  

4:27 Tom O'Neil:  yeah, Mike, that'd be nifty, but you don't expect these reality shows to show you ALL the REAL secret stuff, eh?  

4:27 Phil Keoghan:  believe me, you don't want to see everything BTS...you might need to take a seditive.  

4:27 [Comment From Millie/California]
When does the new season start?  

4:27 [Comment From MIke R.]
Can u tell us a bit about how the schedule for the taping works? Is it all shot continously over a week? A month?  

4:27 PatrickDay:  Ha! Phil, have YOU ever missed a flight on the show? Or does the crew get chartered travel?  
4:28 [Comment From H]
Have you thought of doing a show featuring the winners of previous races and where that are now and if or how the money and show changed their lives  

4:28 [Comment From Nevada]
I would think that The Amazing Race would have to be licensed for other countries...  

4:28 [Comment From MARKPGH]
Phil...here's an idea maybe you can pass on to your producers...how about an edition of AM where all of the pit stops are in the USA....you can utilize so many unheard of parts of this country. You can call it.."The Amazing Race, USA Edition"  

Speaking of money, do the runners-up get any money?  

4:28 [Comment From Mike]
they did that with family edition and it wasn't that good  

4:29 Phil Keoghan:  sometimes the show edits me to be a little more serious than i am - i'm not normally that serious...i had to laugh once when a fan stopped me and said - "i had no idea you had such a personality." :)  

4:29 [Comment From Monica]
That's true. Your real personality doesn't often come out on the show.  

4:29 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
HAHAHA. Yeah you look way tooo serious during your scenes.  

4:29 Phil Keoghan:  don't you think the Amazing Race is simply about going around the world and not just America.  

4:30 [Comment From Mike]
was great to see your dad on that one episode, i bet you had fun on that leg  

4:30 [Comment From Nevada]
The eyebrow lift is quite famous among fans.  

4:30 Paul Sheehan:  Given the scathing reviews for the five reality show host nominees who emceed the Emmys last year, were you secretly glad you were snubbed

4:30 PatrickDay:  I think the seriousness works, Phil. I can't imagine team members giving you backtalk the way people give Simon backtalk on "Idol."  

4:30 Phil Keoghan:  it was take Dad to work day - did you ever see the burger fuel i got him?  

4:30 [Comment From FrostyWinnipeg]
Wathcing The Amazing Race is how I travel the world on a small budget :)  

4:30 [Comment From Alfredo]
was your idea to wear your underwear in Siberia?  

4:31 [Comment From Mike]
How long does it take to tape the series? How long is the actual race?  

4:31 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
Nice one Paul. :) Though I honestly think there are only two among those five that were pretty awful.  

4:31 Phil Keoghan:  I met Lee Majors and his wife - they came to my birthday party and told me that i stole the eyebrow from Lee's work on the Bionic Man :)  

4:31 Phil Keoghan:  to be honest i was a big fan of that show  

Do you have a staff celebration everytime The Amazing Race wins an Emmy?  

4:31 [Comment From Patty]
Do you get to take your family on the trips?  

cont....

4:32 [Comment From MARKPGH]
not really, Phil...you're taking contestants from all over this country, so i think it would be a great idea to have them do almost something reminiscent of "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad World"  

4:32 [Comment From kel]
do you have a speech this year if you are nominated for an emmy and win?

4:32 [Comment From FrostyWinnipeg]
Has the crew ever left something behind that was needed for the next pit stop. I'm thinking "Uh, where's the Pit Stop mat?"  

4:33 Phil Keoghan:  the underwear idea was simply a way to have some fun - it always amazes me the amount of attention something like that can get  

4:33 Paul Sheehan:  Was the potty break by Jen the biggest mistake a racer has ever made?  

4:33 [Comment From Donna]
I know that I was glad. It was a blessing that Phil was not included with them even though he IS the BEST HOST EVER.  

4:33 [Comment From Mike]
when contestants break the rules of the route instructions, how do you know about it so quick when they reach the mat? does the camera man constantly radio ahead and tell about any rule breaking?  

4:34 [Comment From Alfredo]
thanks Phil  

4:34 [Comment From Nevada]
Right, but there was a thong involved....  

4:34 [Comment From Julie]
In Russia, the mother & son team lost their passports and weren't at the finish line. What happened to them?  

4:35 [Comment From MARKPGH]
Are you a hockey fan, Phil?? If so, who are you picking, the Red Wings or the Penguins??? And be very careful of your answer..lol  

4:35 Phil Keoghan:  Hey Guys - gotta take off. Want to send out a huge thank you to the fans who have helped to keep us alive going on 9 years. as long as you want the show we'll keep on making it. Thanks for everything. See you this fall  

3:45 [Comment From Nevada]
I love The Amazing Race, it deserves every Emmy it has received.  
3:46 PatrickDay:  Hello and welcome to our live chat with Phil Keoghan, host of "The Amazing Race." We'll be getting started in a few minutes. This chat is moderated, so there may be a slight delay before your comments appear on the site.  
3:47 [Comment From iskolar]
Oh god I finally made it  
3:51 [Comment From Nevada]
I wonder if Phil might comment on whether there are any plans to release DVDs from recent seasons.  

3:54 [Comment From Paul Sheehan]
Wonder if this chat will feel as frenetic for Phil as the race!  

3:57 [Comment From Phil Keoghan]
Hi Patrick - this is Phil Keoghan  

3:58 PatrickDay:  Welcome, Phil! The last season just ended for the TV viewers. When do you start filming the next one?  

3:58 [Comment From iskolar]
Hey Phil! Good morning from the Philippines!  

4:00 [Comment From Alfredo]
Phil, greetings from Chile  

4:01 [Comment From Ken]
Will there be another All-Star edition of TAR?  

4:02 [Comment From Phil Keoghan]
Hey - my computer - froze - i am back up - this is Phil keoghan  

4:02 [Comment From Aura]
Hi Phil  

4:02 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]

4:02 [Comment From Nevada]
I'm still suffering withdrawal symptoms from not having TAR to watch on Sunday nights...  

4:02 [Comment From Donna]
Hi Phil, Donna here from Pittsburgh.  

4:02 [Comment From Alfredo]
Hi Phil, greetings from Chile  

4:03 [Comment From Tom ONeil]
Sorry I'm late!  

4:03 [Comment From Ken]
We TAR fans would love to see a reunion show after the season finale (like Survivor has). Why doesn't TAR have a reunion show?  

4:03 [Comment From Nevada]
My s/n is Nevada, but I'm in Washington state...  

4:03 [Comment From Monica]
Hi Phil, Monica from Cleveland  

4:04 Phil Keoghan:  Hi Tom - how are you doing? shall we get started 

4:04 [Comment From george]
why haven't past seasons been released on DVD?  

4:04 Tom O'Neil:  yes, let's get started. Let's begin with Patrick's question above

4:04 [Comment From Donna]
Where exactly did your daughter bungie jump. Great b-day present to you. :)  

4:04 Tom O'Neil:  Patrick just asked: Phil! The last season just ended for the TV viewers. When do you start filming the next one?  

4:04 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
Good morning Tom, Phil, and to everyone who's here! :)  

4:05 Phil Keoghan:  Great to see so many familiar fans here...we're shooting this summer and goes to air this fall 

4:05 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]

4:05 Tom O'Neil:  Considering your marathon success at the Emmys in the race for best reality/competition show, are you at all worried that Simon Cowell has a hit out on you?  

4:06 Phil Keoghan:  My daughter bungee jumped San Gabriel Mts off the bridge to Nowhere 

4:06 Phil Keoghan:  I hope simon doesn't have a hit on me - that guy is scary when he's angry. If he does I hope it's quick

4:06 [Comment From Alfredo]
I want to ask Phil what made season 7 so successful in terms of viewers (the most watched season)  

4:07 [Comment From Nevada]
Phil, are you still bicycling across the U.S.?  

4:07 Tom O'Neil:  Hey, Phil, dive into some of these questions from other folks here. Pick the ones you like  

4:07 Phil Keoghan:  Back from the bike ride and no more saddle sores. Great time on the road, $500,000 raised for MS 

4:07 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
Six consecutive Emmy wins, I think that's a record for any show. That's definitely something to brag about! Any thoughts why the Emmys love your show so much?  

4:08 [Comment From Andrew]
Why did the Amazing race family season do so poorly?  

4:08 [Comment From Aura]
Wow that's great! :)  

4:08 Tom O'Neil:  Good question, Nicole  

4:08 Phil Keoghan:  regarding the reunion show - I would love to see a reunion show and feel like this might be the perfect time to have one. it's something i want to discuss with CBS. 

4:08 [Comment From Nevada]
The logistics of putting together the Race must be mind-boggling...  

4:09 [Comment From Nevada]
Whoever picks the episode to submit for Emmy consideration this year should send the one with the cheese...  

4:10 [Comment From Nevada]
I nearly died laughing.  

4:10 [Comment From Aura]
the cheese rolling, erm um dragging, was awesome  

4:10 Phil Keoghan:  I think we have had a consistent quality show over the years and we continue to keep it fresh because we go to new places. We're constantly pushing ourselves to exceed expectations and i was really proud of the show this last season. the network wanted to freshen it up and give it a new coat of paint. that freed us up to get rid of some of the airport scenes and added new music, etc. 

4:11 Tom O'Neil:  Phil, what episode will you submit this year to Emmy judges?  

4:11 [Comment From Alfredo]
I would like to know why TAR only chose TAR 14 episodes for Emmy consideration  

4:11 Paul Sheehan:  The "24" style split screens really added to the pace of the show for instance.

4:11 Phil Keoghan:  The cheese scene is an all time favorite for me. it was out of control and we knew we were capturing captivating television 

4:12 [Comment From Andrew]
yes! the cheese scene  

4:12 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]

4:12 Phil Keoghan:  Tom - we submitted episode 1 from this season 

4:12 Tom O'Neil:  Why?  

4:12 [Comment From Nevada]
"Watch out for the cheese!" could wind up one of those classic lines...  

4:12 [Comment From Alfredo]
Phil, I thought you had submitted Tailand 1 too  

4:13 Phil Keoghan:  Bungee, Cheese and a fantastic finish 
4:13 [Comment From Monica]
I agree that this season's "new coat of paint" was refreshing. The show had a great new look to it. Also the best cast in awhile. Do you ever think, though, that the casting folks get into a bit of a rut? For instance, I'm tired of all these non-descript dating couples. I seriously can't remember most of them or tell them apart.  

4:13 Tom O'Neil:  nice recipe  

4:13 [Comment From Andrew]
agreed  

4:13 PatrickDay:  When a team arrives at your spot and has incurred a penalty, the editing makes it seem like they have to stand in awkward silence near you until their penalty time is up. Do you make small talk at all with them or are they really made to feel that they're in trouble?  

4:13 Phil Keoghan:  we did actually include the Thailand episode as well 

4:13 [Comment From Nevada]
Tammy & Victor deserved their win.  

4:13 [Comment From MARKPGH]
That episode had me howling, Phil...seeing everyone's cheese rolling down the hill  

4:13 Paul Sheehan:  The signing to Luke of his first place finish in that initial episode was so moving.  

4:14 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]

4:14 [Comment From Alfredo]
I agree, Phil signing has been one of the most memorable moments on the show  

4:14 [Comment From Aura]
yeah Tammy and Victor were good kids  

4:14 Phil Keoghan:  Yes i talk to them. I do on the fly interviews that can be used for the show 

4:14 [Comment From Nevada]
"Bad duck" was also a classic from this season...  

4:15 [Comment From Andrew]
yeah do you ever talk to people who recieve penalties or do you just watch them stand there  

4:15 [Comment From Tom (Vermont)]

4:15 [Comment From Lisa]
Living in Los Angeles, the Race often starts here. I would love to be at the start of the race to cheer the teams on, is this something that might ever happen? Race fans would love to be there!  

4:15 [Comment From Julie]
I read the book "My Ox is Broken"  

4:16 [Comment From Donna]
During the cheese task, were the wooden carriers for the cheese fixed to break that easily for dramatic effect or were they actual carriers?  

4:16 [Comment From Julie]
Why can't I buy season 3 on DVD  

4:16 Phil Keoghan:  The idea to sign was something i thought of doing on the flight over to Switzerland. with all the craziness before leaving i hadn't had time to think about what it was going to be like to communicate with Luke on the mat and i thought it was important to connect with him in a manner that he was used to  

4:16 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
Oh, let me tell you that you're one of the biggest snubs last year for Reality Competition Host. I hope you get noticed this year!  

4:16 [Comment From Aura]
Phil, what did you think about the bathroom break incident?  

4:17 [Comment From Nevada]
Did Jen (I think it was Jen) actually eat part of the starfish "shell"?  

4:17 Tom O'Neil:  Repeating Patrick's question that flew by earlier amidst other comments:
PatrickDay:  When a team arrives at your spot and has incurred a penalty, the editing makes it seem like they have to stand in awkward silence near you until their penalty time is up. Do you make small talk at all with them or are they really made to feel that they're in trouble?  

4:17 Phil Keoghan:  Yes, agree would love to see all season of Race on DVD...put pressure on CBS.  

4:17 PatrickDay:  Oh, Phil already answered that one.  

4:18 [Comment From Comment from Judith]
Would you ever consider doing a celebrities only TAR (like Donald Trump does with his show)....????? And the winnings go to charity...  

4:18 [Comment From MARKPGH]
Losing a chance at a million bucks because that girl had to pee...if she were my sister, i would have disowned here..LOL  

4:18 Tom O'Neil:  OK, never mind...  

4:18 [Comment From Nevada]
Hmm. Good idea. I have a little experience pressuring CBS; I was a Jericho fan.  

4:18 [Comment From Tom (Vermont)]

4:18 Tom O'Neil:  I'm on such a slow wireless hookup that this chat is acting weird  

4:19 PatrickDay:  What are some countries you'd love to race through, but haven't been able to visit?  

4:19 Phil Keoghan:  Not sure about a celebrity edition. Not sure if a lot of celebrities could handle it. can you imagine what Donald's hair would look like after a hot day on a Botswanna salt flat  

4:19 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
Oh patrick we have the same question. LOL.  

4:19 [Comment From Alfredo]
I would like to ask Phil what made Season 7 the most succesuful in terms of viewers (one of my favorite seasons)  

4:20 Tom O'Neil:  ohhhh, that's SCARY  

Phil, are the vehicles that the contestants used ever checked out before they are given to them?? It seems like in almost every other episode, one of the cars break down  

4:20 Paul Sheehan:  Were you taken back by that confrontation on the mat between Margie and Luke and the sisters Kisha and Jen?  

they must be American made cars..lol  

4:20 Phil Keoghan:  I have been to over 100 countries...i feel like we're getting to all the places we want to go and we have some great ones lined up for season 15  

4:20 [Comment From Donna]
OMG! Re: Trump's hair. Bwahhh. I almost busted a gut. That was so funny.  

LOL Phil. Do you have any favorites among the past contestants of the show?  

4:21 [Comment From Tom (Vermont)]
Sorry to keep asking, but . . . Hi Phil, Is there another "Family Race" planned for the near future?  

I hope you can come back to the Philippines for the third time. :)  

4:21 [Comment From Judith]
The family show did not hold my interest....  

4:22 Phil Keoghan:  yes, all vehicles are checked and we have spares. that said the way the teams drive them sometimes it amazes me that we don't actually have more breakdowns. I think it should be mandatory that you have to drive a stick to get a license  

4:22 [Comment From Aura]
Phil, did they ever think about doing one entirely in the US?  

4:22 Phil Keoghan:  No family amazing race planned - we tried it and it's not as good as the original  

4:23 [Comment From Nevada]
There does seem to be quite a bit of gear-grinding when they drive sticks...  

4:23 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]

4:23 [Comment From Tom (Vermont)]
Ok. Just wondering. Thank you. I enjoyed the last family race though.  

4:23 Phil Keoghan:  lots of favorites among former Racers - nancy and emily, the guidos, uchenna and joyce, chip and kim, charla and mirna, luke and margie...simply too many to name.  

4:24 [Comment From bert]
do you think man will ever walk on the surface of the sun?  

4:24 [Comment From MARKPGH]
even i can't drive a stick, Phil, so i would be screwed...lol  

4:24 [Comment From Alfredo]
Phil, are you planning on casting more athletic team s like you did on season 14  

4:24 Phil Keoghan:  Bert the sun is too hot    :lol:

4:24 PatrickDay:  My wife and I were about to leave for an international trip this April. Our flight went out late on a Sunday. I had turned the Amazing Race on, but she begged me to turn it off. Said it freaked her out too much before a trip. Do you ever hear that from travellers?  

4:25 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
I love the Guidos too! LOL. And Meredith and Gretchen. And Uchenna and Joyce. Tyler and James. Oh there's a lot.  

4:25 [Comment From Aura]
I'd need to see Joe and Bill from season one on a reunion show. They were so awesomely villainous.  

4:26 Phil Keoghan:  i hear a lot of people say that they like to get all amped up like they are on the Race handing out envelopes to each other, running through the airport and feverishly looking for the Mat  

4:26 [Comment From Mike]
any plans for a behind the scenes special? I would love to see how the whole race is done logistically, and what goes on behind the scenes that we don't normally see.  

4:26 PatrickDay:  Yeah, Mike. I'd like to see that, too.  

4:26 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]

4:27 [Comment From FrostyWinnipeg]
Hi from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I've been watching TAR since episode 1 and I know that some racers have commented upon how they looked bad with creative editing. My question is: Has the show ever edited you in a way that you did not like. Perhaps a raised eyebrow at the wrong time?  

4:27 Tom O'Neil:  yeah, Mike, that'd be nifty, but you don't expect these reality shows to show you ALL the REAL secret stuff, eh?  

4:27 Phil Keoghan:  believe me, you don't want to see everything BTS...you might need to take a seditive.  

4:27 [Comment From Millie/California]
When does the new season start?  

4:27 [Comment From MIke R.]
Can u tell us a bit about how the schedule for the taping works? Is it all shot continously over a week? A month?  

4:27 PatrickDay:  Ha! Phil, have YOU ever missed a flight on the show? Or does the crew get chartered travel?  

4:28 [Comment From H]
Have you thought of doing a show featuring the winners of previous races and where that are now and if or how the money and show changed their lives  

I would think that The Amazing Race would have to be licensed for other countries...  

4:28 [Comment From MARKPGH]
Phil...here's an idea maybe you can pass on to your producers...how about an edition of AM where all of the pit stops are in the USA....you can utilize so many unheard of parts of this country. You can call it.."The Amazing Race, USA Edition"  

Speaking of money, do the runners-up get any money?  

4:28 [Comment From Mike]
they did that with family edition and it wasn't that good  

4:29 Phil Keoghan:  sometimes the show edits me to be a little more serious than i am - i'm not normally that serious...i had to laugh once when a fan stopped me and said - "i had no idea you had such a personality." :)  

4:29 [Comment From Monica]
That's true. Your real personality doesn't often come out on the show.  

4:29 [Comment From Nicol Latayan]
HAHAHA. Yeah you look way tooo serious during your scenes.  

4:29 Phil Keoghan:  don't you think the Amazing Race is simply about going around the world and not just America.  

4:30 [Comment From Mike]
was great to see your dad on that one episode, i bet you had fun on that leg  

4:30 [Comment From Nevada]
The eyebrow lift is quite famous among fans.  

4:30 Paul Sheehan:  Given the scathing reviews for the five reality show host nominees who emceed the Emmys last year, were you secretly glad you were snubbed?  

4:30 PatrickDay:  I think the seriousness works, Phil. I can't imagine team members giving you backtalk the way people give Simon backtalk on "Idol."  

4:30 Phil Keoghan:  it was take Dad to work day - did you ever see the burger fuel i got him?  

4:30 [Comment From FrostyWinnipeg]
Wathcing The Amazing Race is how I travel the world on a small budget :)  

4:30 [Comment From Alfredo]
was your idea to wear your underwear in Siberia?  

4:31 [Comment From Mike]
How long does it take to tape the series? How long is the actual race?  

Nice one Paul. :) Though I honestly think there are only two among those five that were pretty awful.  

4:31 Phil Keoghan:  I met Lee Majors and his wife - they came to my birthday party and told me that i stole the eyebrow from Lee's work on the Bionic Man :)  

4:31 Phil Keoghan:  to be honest i was a big fan of that show  

Do you have a staff celebration everytime The Amazing Race wins an Emmy?  

4:31 [Comment From Patty]
Do you get to take your family on the trips?  

4:32 [Comment From MARKPGH]
not really, Phil...you're taking contestants from all over this country, so i think it would be a great idea to have them do almost something reminiscent of "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad World"  

do you have a speech this year if you are nominated for an emmy and win?  

**a speech prepared**  

4:32 [Comment From FrostyWinnipeg]
Has the crew ever left something behind that was needed for the next pit stop. I'm thinking "Uh, where's the Pit Stop mat?"  

4:33 Phil Keoghan:  the underwear idea was simply a way to have some fun - it always amazes me the amount of attention something like that can get  

4:33 Paul Sheehan:  Was the potty break by Jen the biggest mistake a racer has ever made?  

4:33 [Comment From Donna]
I know that I was glad. It was a blessing that Phil was not included with them even though he IS the BEST HOST EVER.  

4:33 [Comment From Mike]
when contestants break the rules of the route instructions, how do you know about it so quick when they reach the mat? does the camera man constantly radio ahead and tell about any rule breaking?  

4:34 [Comment From Alfredo]
thanks Phil  

4:34 [Comment From Nevada]
Right, but there was a thong involved....  

4:34 [Comment From Julie]
In Russia, the mother & son team lost their passports and weren't at the finish line. What happened to them?  

4:35 [Comment From MARKPGH]
Are you a hockey fan, Phil?? If so, who are you picking, the Red Wings or the Penguins??? And be very careful of your answer..lol  

4:35 Phil Keoghan:  Hey Guys - gotta take off. Want to send out a huge thank you to the fans who have helped to keep us alive going on 9 years. as long as you want the show we'll keep on making it. Thanks for everything. See you this fall  

4:36 PatrickDay:  Thanks for chatting, Phil! And thanks for coming, everyone.  

4:36 [Comment From Donna]
It's always nice to see the "other" side of Phil.  

4:36 [Comment From Patty]
LOVE YOU PHIL  

4:36 [Comment From Nevada]
Thanks Phil.  

4:36 [Comment From Aura]
Thanks Phil. You rock.  

4:36 [Comment From kel]
here's to yet another EMMY!  

4:36 [Comment From Mike]
thanks phil we love you in canada  

« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 06:45:43 PM by puddin »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #335 on: June 11, 2009, 07:02:47 PM »
whi phil going across american i though that is for 11 team to do season 15

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #336 on: June 17, 2009, 01:39:21 PM »
Latest Tweet from Phil:

Check this out :) Help Fuel the Cure http://bit.ly/vGPbn

Anything for Phil!
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #337 on: July 06, 2009, 09:48:06 PM »
Of course, there is always the possibility that it is a Phil proxie....but maybe he was having a last minute pre-race surge today!!  :jumpy:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #338 on: July 07, 2009, 08:19:24 AM »
I think with that much activity on facebook, it mean it is going to start SOON. Just on the eve of my departure  :hearts:
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #339 on: July 16, 2009, 08:29:48 AM »
Phil was nominated for best reality tv compation host this year

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #340 on: July 16, 2009, 08:07:53 PM »
Last year’s Emmys too real for ‘Amazing Race’s’ Keoghan, but he’s glad to be there this time

AP July 17th, 2009 Phil Keoghan keeps it real during Emmy nominations

LOS ANGELES — Talk about keeping things real.

When Phil Keoghan got the call Thursday telling him he’d been nominated for an Emmy, the host of “The Amazing Race” says he was standing in his garage in his underwear, scraping the walls in preparation for a home renovation.

Perhaps it was his way of not appearing overconfident as he waited for word on whether he’d scored a nomination for best reality show host. After all, the genial New Zealander had been passed over last year when the category was added to the Emmys.

That, despite the fact that his show, “The Amazing Race,” has won the award for best reality show every year since 2003.

“I missed out and I felt like the orphan in the production,” he recalled with a laugh.

The way last year’s Emmy Awards show played out, however, it was probably in his best interests to have been snubbed.

In a coming-out-party of sorts, hosting duties for last year’s Emmys was divided among the five nominated reality show hosts. Critics agreed: They all flopped at it, big-time.

“There have been boring, listless and otherwise ham-handed Emmy broadcasts among the past 59. Sunday’s Emmycast was all of those things,” Associated Press television critic Frazier Moore wrote in a review typical of reaction.

Keoghan couldn’t explain why the hosts’ attempts at banter fell flat. But he acknowledged he was glad not to have been up on stage with them.

“I was relieved that I wasn’t up there, to be honest with you, because I don’t think it worked out as well as anybody wanted,” he said.

The show returns to a traditional single host format this year in Neil Patrick Harris.

Keoghan, meanwhile, has respect for all of his fellow nominees and says he’s excited about joining them at the party.

“I’m in good company and I feel honored to be part of the group,” he said. “Obviously it’s a lot better to be part of it than not, you know. I could be home still scraping my wall, right? In my underpants.”

http://blog.taragana.com/e/2009/07/17/last-years-emmys-too-real-for-amazing-races-keoghan-but-hes-glad-to-be-there-this-time-17145/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #341 on: July 26, 2009, 04:42:25 PM »
I don't normally post advertisements...but since it is for our PHIL...   :luvu:

Adventure Crazy New Zealand DVD July 25th 2009 

Phil Keoghan is ‘Adventure Crazy’. His contagious philosophy reveals that one person’s walk in the park is another person’s great experience. Adventure Capital of The World Join Phil and friends as they explore Queenstown, New Zealand, the ‘Adventure Capital of The World’. Jet boat along the Shotover River Canyon, luge at high speeds along a winding track and fly a tethered airplane at speeds in excess of 170kph. Discovering Lost Worlds From Queenstown, take a step north to the spectacular geothermal wonderland of the North Island of New Zealand. Phil meets up with Moana, a Maori singer and talk show hostess, as he unravels a showcase of Maori culture and a kaleidoscope of natural wonders including volcanoes, lakes, waterfalls, geysers, boiling mud pools, and steaming craters. Your NEW ZEALAND SHOP for NEW ZEALAND DVD and other KIWI GIFTS from the CDs & DVDs range.

Best Value Anywhere at $ 34.55

http://eagerstoretown.webhop.org/Adventure-Crazy-New-Zealand-DVD/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #342 on: July 26, 2009, 08:13:52 PM »
Phil commercial during BB  :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #343 on: July 26, 2009, 08:55:03 PM »
omg, I forgot all about BB!  :colors :-[ :-[ :-[
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #344 on: July 26, 2009, 09:10:45 PM »
I wasn't paying attention to BB but as soon as I heard Phil's voice I knew it was him  :hearts: :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #345 on: July 30, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »
Harley found this info!!

This is strange since we know Phil is on TAR...

But according to this, Phil will be on the Bonnie Hunt show tomorrow July 31. Maybe by satellite or a pre-taped segment?? ???
http://blog.newsok.com/television/2009/07/29/top-50-talk-show-guests-on-tv-july-30-aug-5-2009/

And on the Bonnie Show website, Phil and the Race across America are mentioned as well;

http://www.bonniehunt.com/promos/friday_july_31st_-_bacon_brothers.php
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #346 on: July 30, 2009, 09:51:30 PM »
According to TitanTV, it's a repeat from 27 Mar.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #347 on: July 30, 2009, 09:58:43 PM »
Okay, thanks! Thought this was too strange!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #348 on: August 04, 2009, 03:17:01 AM »
:luvu:

Phil Emmy poster on ebay

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #349 on: August 04, 2009, 03:31:34 AM »
Anybody looking for a present for me?? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule: