Author Topic: Phil in the news ..  (Read 346129 times)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: Phil in the news ..
« Reply #225 on: December 22, 2008, 01:09:47 AM »
You could just upload the Phil parts in 10 minute increments to youtube and link them.

That's what most people do.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #226 on: December 22, 2008, 06:31:35 PM »

heres some pictures, dont murder me Coutzy  :mas25

:cmas9 Oh nice pictures, thanks puddin

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #227 on: January 05, 2009, 04:58:48 AM »
Here is a summary of his Password experience from the Chad contestent, with the YouTube links:

http://chadmosher.com/

[Insert what you saw on TV or in the above YouTube video here, including the fact that I mispronounced Phil Keoghan's name wrong upon meeting him (Koe-gan, not Kee-gan; its okay though, he thought it was mosh-er, not moe-sher). I also chatted and joked a bit with Julie Chen regarding me being a fan of Big Brother. We each made some fun references. No real taping stops, except for once when they checked to see if one of April's answers beat the buzzer or not. It didn't. Also, we re-taped the ending three times; Julie kept blocking the view of the camera.]

Phil was still pretty apologetic about the whole thing, but I assured him it was okay. He offered to send me his book and I gave him my address on an index card provided by a P.A. [I happen to have not received the book.] I was de-miced and was ushered into a room outside of the studio to look over the official CBS winnings form and agree to pay taxes. As I walked to the room, I had many staff members congratulating me, with Anthony, one of the P.A.s I had known since Chicago telling me I was "the best player [he's] ever seen", truly the ultimate compliment on this trip.

Below are some statistics about my appearance!

- In round one, Phil got me to say four passwords in 21 seconds. He then used the last 9 seconds to look at me dumbfoundedly and not give one clue. Haha.
- In round two, I got Phil to get all five password in 27 seconds.
- In round three, Julie gave such good clues I was able to figure out all five passwords in 20 seconds.
- A fourth round was not played because I had already mathematically defeated April.

part 2

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 05:08:14 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2009, 06:51:25 AM »
Great videos!

Phil even managed to throw an eyebrow our way!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2009, 11:48:56 AM »
L.A.Times Travel Show to Feature 500 Exhibitors       
Written by Administrator     
More than 500 exhibitors, from adventure tour companies to national tourist boards, will showcase their products at the Los Angeles Times Travel & Adventure Show Feb. 14-15 at the L.A. Convention Center. The show will feature seminars by experts from National Geographic and speakers such as Rick Steves, Arthur and Pauline Frommer, and Phil Keoghan of “The Amazing Race.”
The list of exhibitors includes the Fiji Islands Visitors Bureau, China National Tourist Office, China Discovery Tours, Qantas Vacations, Club Med, Goway Travel, Collette Vacations, Maui Visitors Bureau, Barbados Tourism Authority, Louisiana Office of Tourism, Kenya Tourist Board, Egyptian Tourist Authority and Colorado Tourism Office, and Oklahoma Tourism & Recreation Department.

Attendees can take a scuba diving lesson in a dive pool, tackle a rock-climbing wall, and watch music and dance performances representing cultures from around the world.

Hours for the travel trade are 8-10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 14. Public hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. (www.adventureexpo.com)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2009, 07:02:21 PM »
PRESS RELEASE
Phil Keoghan of CBS-TV's Amazing Race Selects Whitney Information Network to Launch NOW Life Training

Last update: 5:56 p.m. EST Jan. 23, 2009
CAPE CORAL, Fla., Jan 23, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Whitney Information Network, Inc. (Pink Sheets: RUSS) has been selected by television personality and author Phil Keoghan to develop a new, exciting, and potentially life-changing training program based on Keoghan's own life philosophy called No Opportunity Wasted(TM), or NOW for short.
According to Whitney's Chief Executive Officer Chuck Peck, the new venture created by this strategic alliance will provide multi-tiered life training designed to help people break free of the fears that hold them back and realize their true potential. This leading edge experiential training will be offered in cities throughout the United States and Canada via the proven educational model developed by Whitney Information Network.
No Opportunity Wasted was born out of the life experiences of Keoghan, host of CBS TV's Emmy Award-winning series The Amazing Race. A brush with death while still in his teens inspired him to develop a philosophy for living that Keoghan calls a NOW life.
Feeling that he needed to reach as wide an audience as possible with this enriching way of life, Keoghan chose Whitney Information Network to develop and deliver a multi-level training program.
"Whitney was the obvious choice," Keoghan remarked, "because of their outstanding track record in instructional design, implementation, and mass marketing."
Keoghan and Whitney will begin sending NOW teams to major cities to conduct free previews of NOW workshops. "We're calling these free events 'Ditch the Excuses' workshops," stated Peck. "These workshops are designed to be fast and fun, yet challenge our students to step outside their comfort zone, and totally change the way they live. In these times, people are in urgent need of new life skills and increased self-reliance, and that's what No Opportunity Wasted is all about."
The first series of free Ditch the Excuses workshops will be held in the Los Angeles area Feb. 3 to Feb. 5. Additional workshops are planned for Portland, OR and Vancouver, Canada.
"No Opportunity Wasted is about learning how to live while you still have the chance," says Keoghan. "It centers on creating a 'List for Life' and then using that list to take your life in directions you may never have dreamed possible. NOW gives you an adventurer's mindset, one that empowers you to seek out challenges and take advantage of opportunities. It also gives you the strength that prepares you for the sudden challenges life throws at you."
Previously, Keoghan has shared his life secrets through a successful book (No Opportunity Wasted, Rodale, 2004) and reality TV series (NOW).
For more information on the NOW workshops, visit the website at www.DitchTheExcuses.com.
About Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan is now in his fourteenth season starring as host of the six-time Emmy Award-winning prime time TV show The Amazing Race on CBS. He has also starred in and produced NOW (No Opportunity Wasted), a reality television series. He has been profiled in People magazine and TV Guide and been featured repeatedly on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
About Whitney Information Network, Inc.
Whitney Information Network, Inc. (Pink Sheets: RUSS.PK) is a leading provider of post-secondary education focused on financial literacy, entrepreneurship and personal success. Through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Wealth Intelligence Academy, Whitney Information Network provides its students with comprehensive instruction, coaching, and mentorship in real estate investment, stock trading, business development, and individual investment strategies. Additional information can be found at www.wincorporate.com.
 http://www.ditchtheexcuses.com/

Copyright (C) 2009 PR Newswire. All rights reserved

SOURCE
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #231 on: January 23, 2009, 07:02:58 PM »
haha you beat me to it peach *neener

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #232 on: February 08, 2009, 06:25:15 PM »
Phil Keoghan of Amazing Race with Ryan Manno at the 2009 Grammys
Ryan and Phil discuss near death situations and the longevity of the show

Dynamic cast!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #233 on: February 08, 2009, 06:40:29 PM »
We go to Siberia, unlike anything we have done in all 14 seasons...

We have freshened up the graphics, the maps, the music, it was time for a little spring cleaning

Most dynamic cast since season 7! There is something really unique about this cast in Season 14!

:hearts: Oh this is good! Thanks puddin!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #234 on: February 08, 2009, 08:14:16 PM »
Should add that Phil will be on the Bonnie Hunt show on Friday the 13th. My network does not air it until 3pm ET so if someone sees it before please update us! PHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<33333333333333333333

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #235 on: February 08, 2009, 09:42:11 PM »
I am really curious to see what the opening credits look like, they haven't been changed since the 2nd season.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #236 on: February 09, 2009, 09:41:42 PM »
Should add that Phil will be on the Bonnie Hunt show on Friday the 13th. My network does not air it until 3pm ET so if someone sees it before please update us! PHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<33333333333333333333

airs at 2pm in nyc

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #237 on: February 09, 2009, 10:00:52 PM »
I get it at 8AM, looks like! :neener:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #238 on: February 09, 2009, 10:05:58 PM »
I get it at 8AM, looks like! :neener:
yeah but you always miss it peach  :sucks

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #239 on: February 10, 2009, 09:44:36 PM »
Thanks to Bill Kahler (TAR 13) on the RFF realitytv podcast for this early heads' up!!

Phil will be biking across America March 28 -- May 9!

You can watch here for more info:

http://philridesacrossamerica.com/

He better plan on riding thru NYC for TARcon, she says darkly....
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:50:01 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2009, 09:46:49 PM »
Phil in biker shorts LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :luvu:  :wohoo:

hopefully SPANDEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2009, 09:47:51 PM »
Damn hes coming thru southern PA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2009, 09:51:16 PM »
Nowhere near my neighborhood, looks like I'll be visiting you, puddin!!

:luvu: Phil!!

ooh, yes on the spandex!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #243 on: February 10, 2009, 09:52:37 PM »
I'll meet you at the border peach!! :wine: , we can drool together *heehee

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #244 on: February 10, 2009, 09:53:42 PM »
Don't laugh but I will be nearby, :funny:  I'll bring the booze!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: February 10, 2009, 10:17:01 PM »
I need to hose you both off. Goodness.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #246 on: February 10, 2009, 10:18:57 PM »
 :-[

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #247 on: February 10, 2009, 10:29:15 PM »
I will throw  :knuckles: down on you bitches.  He's Mine..........

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #248 on: February 10, 2009, 10:37:57 PM »
:hides

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #249 on: February 10, 2009, 10:46:48 PM »
I will throw  :knuckles: down on you bitches.  He's Mine..........

Fight you for him!  :pfight:
RFF's Golden Rule: