Author Topic: Phil in the news ..  (Read 345697 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Phil in the news ..
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2008, 11:40:12 AM »
You know someone in Evansville!? :D

Heres a story with video  :yess:

2008 TRAVEL OUTLOOK

'Amazing Race' host Phil Keoghan's Top 5 travel picks

The host of network television’s most popular travel reality show and author of 'No Opportunity Wasted: Creating a Life List' shares his favorite destination picks for the year ahead.

By Andrew Dean Nystrom, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
January 11, 2008

TV review: On 'The Amazing Race,' it's run, don't gawk
Traveling upwards of 250,000 miles per year in his role as host of CBS' Emmy Award-winning series "The Amazing Race," Phil Keoghan knows a thing or two about up-and-coming and off-the-beaten-track adventure travel destinations. His personal record for miles flown in a year? Somewhere north of 467,000.

During a recent layover in Los Angeles, I interviewed Phil about his travel philosophy and quizzed him about his top travel destination nominations for 2008.

Watch the video for footage from a few of Phil's favorite locations that the show has visited during its first 12 seasons: India, Ethiopia, Ireland, Argentine Patagonia and, most recently, Croatia.

http://travel.latimes.com/articles/la-trw-amazingrace-phil-keoghan-top5-picks-11jan08

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2008, 12:01:23 PM »
peach's roving reporter is on the job!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2008, 12:05:58 PM »
Haha You have connections all over the world, good job peach :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2008, 01:14:33 PM »
Harley, our TAR roving reporter, has shared these pictures with us from yesterday:

http://harley.smugmug.com/gallery/4158754/1/242819109#242819109

:wohoo:  :fan:

Thanks, Harley! :kissy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2008, 05:09:59 PM »
Cool...uhhh...warm...uhhh...HOT photos, peach!  Tks :hugs

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2008, 05:38:09 PM »
Tomorow on tes

KOEGHANS HEROES - Thursday’s Keoghan's Heroes is a story of redemption. Early Show pal Phil Keoghan, host of the Amazing Race, visited coastal New Zealand where people are saving whales and helping preserve an entire town and an essential piece of cultural heritage.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2008, 05:50:55 PM »
OMG how I miss Phil  :'(

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2008, 05:52:54 PM »
Thanks Kogs! :) I'll try to remember to set my vcr since I'm a night hawk and a sleep-in freak!  

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2008, 06:00:45 PM »
The nice thing Rudy is that CBS archives Keoghan's Hero's so if you miss it, it will be up on-line tomorrow.

God I miss Phil *sigh*

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2008, 06:05:58 PM »
Me too, puddin! :'(   We must wait how long until the next TAR??  But doesn't he do something on TES once in awhile?  Was thinking I read about it somewhere.  ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2008, 06:16:10 PM »
Me too, puddin! :'(   We must wait how long until the next TAR??  But doesn't he do something on TES once in awhile?  Was thinking I read about it somewhere.  ???
Yes, hes been doing Keoghan's Hero's for sometime now Rudy ....................

GOOLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  :lol:  :neener:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2008, 06:17:20 PM »
Dang!
I miss Phil and the Amazing Race gosh darnnit!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »
Yes, hes been doing Keoghan's Hero's for sometime now Rudy ....................

GOOLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  :lol:  :neener:

Well I'll be a hog-tied monkey's uncle! :neener:   Geeeezzz-oh & a horseys butt,
how the heck did I miss that??!!!!  ??? ;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2008, 01:04:29 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2008, 02:03:53 AM »
Thanks peach! :)

Offline lastgazeebo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2008, 11:35:31 AM »
New VIDEO interview with Kynt, Vyxsin, and Phil Keoghan on UGO.com....it's a COOL one too:

http://video.ugo.com/vplayer.aspx?articleID=21986

Phil gives some insight into what they actually look for as they cast the Amazing Race.

First it shows a commercial, then the Kynt and Vyxsin interview, then another commercial, and then the PHILIMINATOR:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2008, 10:45:42 AM »
New project for Phil?

Discovery Travel & Living beefs up programme line-up with shows for aspirational viewers:

Making It Big’, which airs on Fridays at 10 pm, is a programme that inspires young professionals to take up creative careers. Each episode features three hopefuls who face some tough challenges while competing for a reward. The aspirants are mentored by a high profile leader in their respective creative industry that includes television host Phil Keoghan of ‘The Amazing Race’ fame, Manhattan event planner Preston Bailey, Academy Award winning costume designer Angus Strathe, music video director Floria Sigismondi, advertising guru Sally Hogshead, and New York fashion photographer Joshua Jordan to name a few.

LINK
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2008, 06:08:18 PM »
We Heart Phil Keoghan's Faint Kiwi Accent
Where: Los Angeles, CA, United States
2/15/2008 at 1:40 PM

Last weekend we hit up the LA Times Travel and Adventure Show at the Long Beach Convention Center. We were there to do some edumacating about online travel tips but we made some time to pop in on dreamy Phil Keoghan, host of The Amazing Race, who was the big speaker of the day on Saturday.

Unfortunately, there are a ton of other Phil Keoghan fans out there! Blast you all. We were forced to sit in the way back and when we tried to catch some video a lady stood up in front of us. Booo.

We also didn't have much time to listen to him speak since he started late and we had to leave early. But we did catch a bit of what he said.

Phil has come up with NOW---No Opportunity Wasted---a little slogan that guides his daily life and his travel adventures. To get started on your own NOW philosophy, he urged travelers to write a list of things that they want to do before they die.

This is something that Phil started doing after he had a near-death experience on a shipwreck dive when he was 18. Apparently the guy who took him down to the shipwreck bolted and left a young claustrophobic Phil without a line and without a clue of where to go.

So Phil has a list of things he wants to do before he dies and he changes it often, depending on what's been going on his life.

That's all we got to hear. Saddies! He did show some slides of him throughout the years on his travels, even as a little kid boarding a plane with his pops. All in all from the short bit we heard, it kinda felt like a Basic Traveling 101 speech, which was a little boring.

Still, we found him sexy even from a distance especially when he would slip into a Kiwi accent which we have decided he should bring back full-force. It's way sexier than...speaking...in...long...pauses.

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2008/2/15/123058/059/travel/We+Heart+Phil+Keoghan's+Faint+Kiwi+Accent

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2008, 05:32:38 PM »
Tomorow On TES

KEOGHAN’S GROWING MUSTACHE CONTEST - Our pal Phil Keoghan, the clean-shaven Host of the Amazing Race, recently traveled to the seaside town of Brighton England where hundreds of men went to "great lengths" just so they could "curl up and dye." Hundreds of shaggy men descended on Brighton, south England on Saturday to vie for top marks in the 2007 World Beard & Mustache Championships. About 250 bearded and bewhiskered contestants lined up before panels of judges in an effort to win first prize in 17 different classes of facial hair. Mustache categories include the "Dali" - slender with long tips, straight or arching up - and the big and bushy "Hungarian," while full beards range from the shorter "Verdi" to the rounder, more expansive "Garibaldi." You don’t want to miss the results!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2008, 11:45:34 AM »
Tracking Phil:
MOST people know Phil Keoghan as the host of The Amazing Race, but this week he's putting in the leg work in Northland's own amazing race.

The Kiwi cycling enthusiast - and host of a US reality TV show that has bickering contestants racing around the globe - is among the hundreds of cyclists taking part in the four-day Twin Coast Cycle Challenge.

Mr Keoghan said it was just his second road race. His first was the 200km K2 cycle race around the Coromandel Peninsula.

"My wife signed us up for this," he joked

More here:

http://www.northernadvocate.co.nz/localsport/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3766655&thesection=localsport&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2008, 05:34:33 PM »
sunday on the cbs morning news

THE LONG DRIVE: CBS television host of Amazing Race, Phil Keoghan, has traveled the world and done some crazy things. But even he was wondering what possessed him to attempt this ridiculous challenge: to hit a golf ball clear across Scotland from coast-to-coast, ending at the birthplace of golf, The Old Course at St. Andrews. 107 miles in 4 days, basically a marathon a day. But along the way he would meet some delightful characters, like a champion women's tug-of-war team, a professional whisky taster, and a man who's built a golf course where you can only play with antique hickory sticks, exactly like they used in the old days. And a magical ending awaits Phil when he makes it to the 18th hole of The Old Course.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2008, 05:51:55 PM »
Great! That will be fun to finally get to see that, but unfortunately he did it back in August 2007...

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,13250.msg220190.html#msg220190
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2008, 08:18:19 PM »
TV presenter Phil Keoghan finished a marathon journey from Greenock to St Andrews with a birdie three at the last hole on the Old Course. Using only a seven iron, Phil hit a golf ball the entire 100 miles.
(source)
That's quite a shot! (but I suppose successive swings are implied  :-[  :lol:)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2008, 08:38:35 PM »
Looks like Phil will be in Denver for a conference which begins Monday...

from this blog

and I believe this to be the conference:

http://www.oaug.org/conferencesandeducation/conferences/2008/collaborate08/

somewhere in there :lol: I found a keynote speech (not identified as Phil's) scheduled for 745AM Monday AM...4/14

:lol3: at Slowhatch!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2008, 09:05:24 PM »
Good find peachs :thankyou:

Always good to see you Slowhatch  :jumpy:  :waves: