Author Topic: Phil in the news ..  (Read 346074 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Phil in the news ..
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2007, 11:34:57 PM »
Pass me some Xanax please  :'(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007, 11:44:17 PM »
Would a martini do?   :martini:  I needed a stiff something after seeing that bit of news.

But it does sadly correlate with what I was saying just yesterday HERE too.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2007, 11:59:13 PM »
How can Phil do that. I thought actors, tv hosts -whoever can not book something during a time that they are suppose to be working on a show.
I guess Phil has a voice over CBS TAR and everyone involved.
It will also affect ratings, and sweeps.
Sure isn't nice, taking his Emmy and leaving us high and dry.
I still can't believe TAR is delayed so Phil can compete in a race. (:;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 12:04:51 AM »
I think maybe you have it backwards?

If this info is correct, then he is able to compete in the race because TAR's airing has been planned for early 2008, and not the other way around.

We have been hearing for quite awhile that TAR might not air until then--this is just one more piece of evidence.

I don't think Phil has much control over the air dates, and I expect his schedule is planned out around TAR far in advance.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 12:12:48 AM »
I think maybe you have it backwards?

If this info is correct, then he is able to compete in the race because TAR's airing has been planned for early 2008, and not the other way around.

We have been hearing for quite awhile that TAR might not air until then--this is just one more piece of evidence.

I don't think Phil has much control over the air dates, and I expect his schedule is planned out around TAR far in advance.

You think GP? I thought all this is because of him wanting to do this race. Has TAR always been aired around the same time or has this happend before?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2007, 12:30:11 AM »
This has been going on for a quite awhile, ca bb fan.

I think we have known since shortly after TARcon that this year there might be a cutback to one show a year. And if that is what it takes to keep TAR alive, then we are truly grateful for that. Not happy mind you, but grateful.

We were told that TAR would be a mid season replacement which started a lot of speculation that TAR could be slipped into the schedule this fall to take the place of the first cancelled CBS show.

But as I posted here, while that could happen, I think it is unlikely.

These dates are very close and I am NOT saying that it is impossible for there to be a race filmed this year--just that it is seeming more unlikely.  Maybe Phil is going to the race only for a couple of days--leaving him plenty of time to make a race start IF there was going to be one.

But Phil would never let a personal fun experience get in the way of TAR and I will say that with certainty. He has been way too loyal to the program and the fans to let that happen at all.

I'll see what more I can find out about this--but in the meantime let's remember that we can only speculate, that nothing is known for sure, and that Phil has probably no more control over this than we do.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 11:22:32 AM »

We were told that TAR would be a mid season replacement which started a lot of speculation that TAR could be slipped into the schedule this fall to take the place of the first cancelled CBS show.

I hope that they don't just "slip" TAR into the schedule.  It takes promotion ahead of time to build an audience.  Look how far in advance they started promoing the last TAR show.  Also look at Survivor and how far in advance CBS promos it. A good tease leads to a lot more interest in the show.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2007, 04:49:35 PM »

Homegrown Emmy star shines
By PHIL HAMILTON and PAUL GORMAN - The Press | Saturday, 29 September 2007

more here

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2007, 10:32:41 PM »
I was listening to Hockey Night in Canada radio on Sirius Satellite Radio today and all of a sudden, I hear, "I'm Phil Keoghan, host of The Amazing Race...." And it was a promo for No Opportunities Wasted on CBC Television! In the middle of hockey talk, it was Phil. Tremendous! I'll take my Phil fix any way I can get it. :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline realisophie

• 'Amazing Racer'
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2007, 12:28:07 PM »
lol...I'd love to see Phil in a kilt!  :wohoo: :wohoo:

Ohhhhh mmmmyyyy.... this I got to see too heeheheheh..... sexy.....

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2007, 06:58:21 AM »
Aw shucks, it wouldn't play for me!  And I bet it shows Phil in a kilt, right?

randomnzer...:welcome: to the forum!  Glad you joined!  :yess:

Thank you for posting the link to see Phil.  He is sooo cool and yes...sexy...no matter what he's wearing!  :wohoo:

Offline randomnzer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2007, 02:33:45 PM »
For some reason it refuses to play in Firefox. Try opening the link in IE.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2007, 12:50:48 AM »
NOW site with some Phil :luvu:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2007, 01:34:37 AM »
Sharks! Nobody said there were SHARKS! :rfth:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2007, 01:42:38 AM »
NOW site with some Phil :luvu:
That site sure locked up Aol awhile ago.  puddin, could you give me a URL please...so I can open it in IE?  Thanks!  :kuss:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2007, 02:30:57 AM »
Thanks peach.  :kuss:  :hugs:
 Can you tell me exactly what part shows Phil?  Or is he in all parts?  I have trouble opening these types of players (I guess b/c I don;t have DSL. ) 

I have the site bookmarked in my TAR folder! 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2007, 03:05:40 AM »
Phil on some business and probably pleasure in Cancun this weekend! Wish I was vacationing there right now.

Phil Keoghan, host of "The Amazing Race" To Speak At Liberty Conference 2007

It's official: Phil Keoghan, host of the CBS Emmy-award winning show, The Amazing Race will be one of the speakers at the Liberty Conference in Cancun, Mexico on October 11-13th.

Phil Keoghan is in his 11th season of The Amazing Race and has hosted more than 1,000 shows since the age of 19. His forte' is traveling the world and highlighting examples of people who live life "on purpose" and in empowering others to break through barriers.

Speaking for corporate events is not Phil's normal "gig". I read his book -- NOW: No Opportunity Wasted -- a year ago and contacted him to find out if he ever did any speaking. He's more into TV and expressed a certain "selectiveness" about what kinds of speaking engagements he was willing to be involved in. The producer of live events contacted him with some materials that highlighted who Liberty League is and what kinds of events we host...he heartily agreed to come and speak for us.

It's going to be an "Amazing" event with the host of "The Amazing Race"!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2007, 05:09:47 AM »
ca bb fn:  Credits for the above article go to _______ ?  (Source) and ________?  (Author)  Also:  Date?   Link?
Thanks! :)

(interesting article)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 05:14:18 AM by RudyRules »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2007, 11:48:03 AM »
RudyRules

Just a reminder as previously posted by SlowHatch on  Reply #20 on: September 21, 2007, 02:53:54 AM

...........and my personal comment that I wish I was there.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 11:54:58 AM by ca bb fan »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2007, 06:45:51 PM »
RudyRules

Just a reminder as previously posted by SlowHatch on  Reply #20 on: September 21, 2007, 02:53:54 AM

...........and my personal comment that I wish I was there.

Your personal comment is fine, ca bb fan.  :tup:  You just forgot to put the CREDITS.  I did not read Slowhatch's reply #20 until awhile ago.  We can't assume that everyone reads every reply.   

It is required and just common courtesty to include the credits for other people's articles even if someone else already did:

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Phil Keoghan, host of "The Amazing Race" To Speak At Liberty Conference 2007

It's official: Phil Keoghan, host of the CBS Emmy-award winning show, The Amazing Race will be one of the speakers at the Liberty Conference in Cancun, Mexico on October 11-13th.

Phil Keoghan is in his 11th season of The Amazing Race and has hosted more than 1,000 shows since the age of 19. His forte' is traveling the world and highlighting examples of people who live life "on purpose" and in empowering others to break through barriers.

Speaking for corporate events is not Phil's normal "gig". I read his book -- NOW: No Opportunity Wasted -- a year ago and contacted him to find out if he ever did any speaking. He's more into TV and expressed a certain "selectiveness" about what kinds of speaking engagements he was willing to be involved in. The producer of live events contacted him with some materials that highlighted who Liberty League is and what kinds of events we host...he heartily agreed to come and speak for us.

It's going to be an "Amazing" event with the host of "The Amazing Race"!

Tony Rush
Executive Marketing Council
Liberty League International
http://www.libertyleague.com/start

----------------
Just trying to help,
Rudy :waves:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2007, 07:49:27 PM »
Cute home video of Phil at that conference we hope he doesn't regret!   :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2007, 08:00:12 PM »
:luvu: I like! Thanks peachs  :hearts: