Author Topic: Phil in the news ..  (Read 346209 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Phil in the news ..
« Reply #750 on: December 31, 2015, 09:52:22 AM »
Mark your Calendars!!

Just in time to take away the doldrums of winter, the 12th Annual Washington
DC Travel & Adventure Show, the largest consumer travel expo series in the
country, returns to the Walter E Washington Convention Center February 20 and
21, 2016 affording attendees the opportunity to plan their travel to top
destinations from throughout the world.

For two days, the DC Convention
Center becomes the headquarters of global travel when hundreds of tourism
exhibitors and travel experts representing thousands of travel destinations fill
the hall. No other show brings so many travel ambassadors and experiences under
one roof.

Highlighting this year’s event will be an entire stage
dedicated to the world’s most interesting local, regional and international
culinary experiences. Local favorite, David Guas, host of The Travel Channel’s
American Grilled¸ headlines the Taste of Travel Stage where he will be joined by
unique-to-Washington chefs like The Bikini Chef Susan Irby.

Celebrity
travel experts CBS News travel editor Peter Greenberg and The Amazing
Race’s Phil Keoghan will present on the main Travel Theater
along with
industry experts Wendy Perrin, Trip Advisor travel advocate and former Conde
Nast Traveler consumer news editor. Attendees will be able to participate in
hands-on adventures by scaling the show’s rock climbing wall, sponsored by River
& Trail Outfitters or having a scuba experience an 18,000-gallon heated dive
pool facilitated by the DEMA “Be a Diver” program.

Read more: http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2015/12/31/12th-annual-washington-dc-travel-adventure-show-feb-20-21-features-celebrities-experts-ch#ixzz3vujAFjee
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #751 on: February 04, 2016, 04:41:48 PM »
Super Bowl 50: Ryan Reynolds, Liam Hemsworth Among Hollywood A-Listers Attending Game Day

by Brian Porreca

2/4/2016 9:00am PST

With the Denver Broncos facing off against the Carolina Panthers outside San Francisco on Feb. 7, the Bay Area is going to be packed to the wharf with famous fans — hello Jay Leno and Phil Keoghan — and crowded parties.

This story first appeared in the Feb. 12 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.

Super Bowl 50 has cast its headliners — the Denver Broncos will play the Carolina Panthers at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., on Feb. 7 — and neither is a typical Hollywood-type team. But that won't keep Tinseltown names away from the big game, including Ryan Reynolds, Liam Hemsworth, Jeff Goldblum, Jay Leno and Paramount vice chair Rob Moore. Reynolds will pass out chimichangas to promote Deadpool, Hemsworth and Goldblum will tackle promotional responsibilities on behalf of their upcoming Independence Day: Resurgence, and Leno jets north to San Francisco to get back in the hosting chair as emcee of the annual charity event Big Game Big Give.

As for Moore, one of Hollywood's most committed Super Bowl loyalists, football remains front and center, and he'll be rooting for quar­terback Cam Newton and his Panthers. This year marks Moore's 13th Super Bowl trip since 2002, while The Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan will make his Super Bowl debut. "I've always wanted to go, but I know how hard it is to get tickets, so I've never had the courage to ask. I can't believe that I have a ticket," he says. "Thank you, Leslie Moonves!" With the game airing on CBS, Moonves, the president and CEO of CBS Corp., will attend along with his wife, Julie Chen.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/super-bowl-50-ryan-reynolds-861231
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #752 on: March 30, 2016, 08:01:22 AM »
Amazing Race host shows off Nelson

TASHA LEOV

Last updated 15:42, March 30 2016

The Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan at Tekapo, he will be in Nelson with film crews next Saturday.

The Amazing Race host and renowned Kiwi Phil Keoghan will soon be in the region as part of a new series to show Nelson off to the world.

Keoghan brings with him a film crew that will fly a drone around for a new series capturing New Zealand from above. He will also be on the finish line of GODzone to chat with Richie McCaw about the race.

Nelson Tasman Tourism international marketing manager Gisela Purcell said having Keoghan come to the region was a coup.

"He's a great Kiwi personality who has huge international recognition and it gives us outstanding exposure."

Footage captured from the drone will go towards a series to be the New Zealand equivalent of an American show, "Aerial America", which airs on the Smithsonian channel.

The show will show uninterrupted, narrated footage of New Zealand.

The drone will be filming the Centre of New Zealand and the Lord Rutherford Memorial in Brightwater. It will also feature two Nelson College rugby teams training at the Botanic Gardens, symbolising the first ever rugby match that was held in New Zealand.

Nelson College director of community relations Mark Vinsen said the school was a rugby pioneer in New Zealand.

"On May 14th 1870, Nelson College played against Nelson Club in the first game of Rugby in New Zealand.  So we have been around a wee while," he said.

Vinsen said he was unsure what to expect but wanted the boys to be able to have some fun.

"It's a very cool opportunity, it will be a great thing. I don't know what to expect. We'll just have the boys have a kick around and have some fun," he said.

Purcell said she was excited because it was a good way to show off what Nelson had to offer.

"It's one way of showing the things you can do. It's really exciting," she said.

Keoghan and his crew will be here for a short stay, arriving on April 9 to film and leaving on April 10.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/news/78385563/amazing-race-host-shows-off-nelson
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #753 on: April 08, 2016, 03:58:30 PM »
Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan films show in Christchurch

by ALICE CANNET

Last updated 16:10, April 8 2016

Kiwi Amazing Race television star Phil Keoghan is in Christchurch filming a show about interesting Kiwis.

On Friday, Keoghan interviewed graffiti artist Wongi Wilson, a.k.a Freak, in the central city. Wilson is exhibited at Spectrum.

Lincoln-born Keoghan said he was working on two new projects - one about interesting Kiwis and an aerial show on the country's landscapes.

Read more and see the Video Here: http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/78717934/Amazing-Races-Phil-Keoghan-films-show-in-Christchurch
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #754 on: April 28, 2016, 07:50:07 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #755 on: May 04, 2016, 03:49:41 PM »
Phil is about to receive the Lifetime Achievement Award for Outstanding Contribution to Film/TV from the Riverside International Film Festival. The festival runs from May 6-15 and as best I can tell, he will receive it at the Awards ceremony on the last day. So, I conclude TAR 29 filming won't start before May 15.

Traveling around the world for 25 sleep-deprived days would satisfy the appetite of most intrepid travelers, but Phil Keoghan host of “The Amazing Race”, decided he wanted to take on the biggest physically and mental challenge of his life … riding his bike coast to coast across America.

In March 2009 Phil left his home in Los Angeles with his wingman Ben, best friend Scott, a former California Highway Patrolman, and his dad as the driver of the support vehicle.   He set out to pedal 3500 miles to New York in just 40 days.

Phil’s journey is not just about the huge physical and mental challenge he faced, but also about the wonderful friendships between Phil and his traveling companions.

Along the way we encounter brave individuals who are coping with the crippling MS disease, and experience the warmth and generosity of Americans who opened their homes and hearts to Phil and his crew.

Since it’s release in 2011 on the Showtime Network, a sell out theatrical tour in 22 markets around the United States and SVOD distribution, The Ride has generated over 1 million dollars with 100% of the proceeds going to the MS Society.

riversidefilm.org/2016/04/26/lifetime-achievement-award-for-outstanding-contribution-to-filmtv/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #756 on: May 05, 2016, 09:42:48 AM »
Oh that is AWESOME!

. We know he is also Hosting the RealScreen awards June 8-9.

http://awards.realscreen.com/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #757 on: May 16, 2016, 07:06:08 PM »
Phil hopes that he my be able to share a trailer for the long awaited LE RIDE soon! To premiere at the NZ Film Festival. :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #758 on: July 26, 2016, 03:19:42 PM »
Charming TalkToMe Interview w/ Phil & daughter Elle Keoghan about the Moments that Matter Most. -

http://on.aol.ca/video/talktome-phil-elle-keoghan-57962ac044c8a361911818b8?context=PC:business:PL5540:1469489448874
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #759 on: August 29, 2016, 03:53:29 PM »
Awesome Interview with Phil that includes TAR, our Emmy Nominated episode, new Locations he wants to visit, and (lol) LIVE sightings and spoilers!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aHyS-fb0GxM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aHyS-fb0GxM</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #760 on: October 03, 2016, 05:55:50 PM »
‘Amazing Race’ host at Louisville film festival

Kirby Adams  , @kirbylouisville 9:50 a.m. EDT October 3, 2016

“The Amazing Race” host Phil Keoghan will introduce his critically acclaimed documentary “Le Ride” at the 8th Annual Louisville International Festival of Film Thursday, Oct. 13, beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the Kentucky Science Center, 727 W. Main St.

Keoghan’s documentary chronicles the backbreaking journey of four courageous underdogs from New Zealand and Australia who joined forces in 1928 to compete in what is considered by many to be the toughest sporting event in the world.

The film is the opening feature of the three-day festival that runs Thursday, Oct. 13-Saturday, Oct. 15.

“Le Ride” follows Keoghan and his friend Ben Cornell as they attempt to recreate the original route of the 1928 Tour de France. Averaging 150 miles a day for 26 days, the duo traverses both the unforgiving mountains of the Pyrenees and the Alps on original vintage steel racing bikes with no gears and marginal brakes.

Following the screening, Keoghan will lead a Q&A session.

Read more here: http://www.courier-journal.com/story/entertainment/events/things-to-do/2016/10/03/amazing-race-host-louisville-film-festival/91460892/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #761 on: November 28, 2016, 02:06:14 PM »
https://travelshows.com/shows/san-francisco-bay-area/

Phil will be a KeyNote Speaker at the San Fran Travel show Feb 11-12!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #762 on: December 03, 2016, 12:46:25 AM »
Phil does a lot of good charity work and I'm glad he's getting recognized for it.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #763 on: December 06, 2016, 02:42:19 PM »
Phil will be on 60 Minutes Sports (8pm) with Kai Lenny in a canoe, surfing the big waves off Maui!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #764 on: February 06, 2017, 07:50:00 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #765 on: February 13, 2017, 01:50:32 PM »

Found this "old" T&L interview with Phil conducted on the morning of TAR 3's final episode.  Fire-up the "Wayback Machine" and see what Phil was thinking back then.  Even his picture suggests a different time.  :funny:

http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/fast-talk-phil-keoghan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #766 on: February 13, 2017, 07:05:09 PM »

FYI - Just a follow-up to the T&A Show in Santa Clara.... looks like Phil will be speaking at the Travel & Adventure Show in San Diego, March 4th or 5th, 2017.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-san-diego-travel-adventure-show-tickets-29285993194
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #767 on: July 30, 2017, 11:54:03 AM »
Phil is set to appear in the American Dad parody of The Amazing Race tomorrow night.

https://twitter.com/PhilKeoghan/status/891410015722000384

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #768 on: July 31, 2017, 05:52:03 PM »
A short promo for Phil's show on Smithsonian; I can't tell from the context whether it's a one-off or a series.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #769 on: July 31, 2017, 09:04:33 PM »
Phil is set to appear in the American Dad parody of The Amazing Race tomorrow night.

Watching. Yep, it's really him  :funny:

They got the TAR cliches down pat

"The only reason we're in the final is because I carried you"
"Drive faster, this is a race!" to the cabbie

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #770 on: July 31, 2017, 09:24:45 PM »

Watching. Yep, it's really him  :funny:

They got the TAR cliches down pat

"The only reason we're in the final is because I carried you"
"Drive faster, this is a race!" to the cabbie

Is it just me, or do Stan and Hayley in American dad reading the clue wrong and doing something not part of the race remind you of John and Jessica in Indonesia (S22)?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #771 on: August 01, 2017, 10:18:08 AM »
Thought of that, too. Somebody who worked on this episode is obviously a pretty big TAR fan. It was good.

Probably the only time we'll ever get to hear Phil raise his voice to a team - "What the hell are you doing?! I don't get to go home until somebody wins!"

Offline CanadianOwl

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #772 on: August 01, 2017, 08:41:01 PM »
Thought of that, too. Somebody who worked on this episode is obviously a pretty big TAR fan. It was good.

Probably the only time we'll ever get to hear Phil raise his voice to a team - "What the hell are you doing?! I don't get to go home until somebody wins!"
He probably wanted to say that to the Guidos in Season 1 :P

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #773 on: January 14, 2018, 02:14:21 PM »
National Geographic’s ‘Explorer’ Taps Phil Keoghan As Host For Fall 2018 Bow – TCA

by Bruce Haring

January 13, 2018 11:30am

Emmy award-winner Phil Keoghan will host the network’s long-running series Explorer when it returns in fall, 2018. The series will have 20 new episodes.

The new season follows Keoghan as he treks into far regions to meet with National Geographic Explorers on the front lines of groundbreaking scientific, technological and historical discoveries. Trekking into the Amazon, high into the Himalayas, and sitting barefoot in some of the world’s most sacred spaces, Keoghan plays host to documentary segments curated to deepen understanding of the world by exploring complex shifts, relationships and phenomena.

The new season, currently in production, will premiere on National Geographic in 172 countries and 43 languages.

More here:
http://deadline.com/2018/01/national-geographics-explorer-taps-phil-keoghan-as-host-for-fall-2018-bow-1202242541/

“Phil embodies what it means to be a National Geographic Explorer — he’s undoubtedly interested and curious about investigating the relationship between the Earth and human life,” said Tim Pastore, president of original programming and production. Explorer is a show about informing and entertaining, and we’re confident that with Phil as host, he will be the catalyst for viewers to understand the way we fit into the world.”

“I have been sharing stories in front of a camera for the past 30 years, and I am thrilled to partner with National Geographic again on such an iconic series that is rooted in fueling the adventurous spirit found in all of us,” said Keoghan. “I look forward to taking viewers with me on adventures around the globe to learn how we shape the world through adventure, curiosity and understanding.”
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #774 on: April 18, 2018, 08:44:01 PM »
NAT GEO EXPLORE premieres Nov 2018

Interesting new platforms/sponsorships

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/national-geographic-pushes-explorer
RFF's Golden Rule: