The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Phil in the news ..

<< < (155/158) > >>

TARmap:

--- Quote from: Maanca on July 31, 2017, 09:04:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: ghmorello on July 30, 2017, 11:54:03 AM ---Phil is set to appear in the American Dad parody of The Amazing Race tomorrow night.

https://twitter.com/PhilKeoghan/status/891410015722000384

--- End quote ---

Watching. Yep, it's really him  :funny:

They got the TAR cliches down pat

"The only reason we're in the final is because I carried you"
"Drive faster, this is a race!" to the cabbie

--- End quote ---

Is it just me, or do Stan and Hayley in American dad reading the clue wrong and doing something not part of the race remind you of John and Jessica in Indonesia (S22)?

Maanca:
Thought of that, too. Somebody who worked on this episode is obviously a pretty big TAR fan. It was good.

Probably the only time we'll ever get to hear Phil raise his voice to a team - "What the hell are you doing?! I don't get to go home until somebody wins!"

CanadianOwl:

--- Quote from: Maanca on August 01, 2017, 10:18:08 AM ---Thought of that, too. Somebody who worked on this episode is obviously a pretty big TAR fan. It was good.

Probably the only time we'll ever get to hear Phil raise his voice to a team - "What the hell are you doing?! I don't get to go home until somebody wins!"

--- End quote ---
He probably wanted to say that to the Guidos in Season 1 :P

georgiapeach:
National Geographic’s ‘Explorer’ Taps Phil Keoghan As Host For Fall 2018 Bow – TCA

by Bruce Haring

January 13, 2018 11:30am

Emmy award-winner Phil Keoghan will host the network’s long-running series Explorer when it returns in fall, 2018. The series will have 20 new episodes.

The new season follows Keoghan as he treks into far regions to meet with National Geographic Explorers on the front lines of groundbreaking scientific, technological and historical discoveries. Trekking into the Amazon, high into the Himalayas, and sitting barefoot in some of the world’s most sacred spaces, Keoghan plays host to documentary segments curated to deepen understanding of the world by exploring complex shifts, relationships and phenomena.

The new season, currently in production, will premiere on National Geographic in 172 countries and 43 languages.

More here:
http://deadline.com/2018/01/national-geographics-explorer-taps-phil-keoghan-as-host-for-fall-2018-bow-1202242541/

“Phil embodies what it means to be a National Geographic Explorer — he’s undoubtedly interested and curious about investigating the relationship between the Earth and human life,” said Tim Pastore, president of original programming and production. Explorer is a show about informing and entertaining, and we’re confident that with Phil as host, he will be the catalyst for viewers to understand the way we fit into the world.”

“I have been sharing stories in front of a camera for the past 30 years, and I am thrilled to partner with National Geographic again on such an iconic series that is rooted in fueling the adventurous spirit found in all of us,” said Keoghan. “I look forward to taking viewers with me on adventures around the globe to learn how we shape the world through adventure, curiosity and understanding.”

georgiapeach:
NAT GEO EXPLORE premieres Nov 2018

Interesting new platforms/sponsorships

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/national-geographic-pushes-explorer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version